Is the Undying+Ruin nerf going to be worse for survivors?

2»

Comments

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319
    edited January 2021

I was until the queues started being around 15 minutes for me give and take afew. When I would forget I was even in queue only to come back dead or see a dead person in the game already I realized it already wasn't playing any more with the queues being bad at night for me so I only came back for the bp event recently to screw around for a bit. But yes, if the queues were 5 minutes or less for me still, I would still be playing and did still play against it those times. I just looked for the bones and hoped everybody else would too except when the killer was occupied and a couple of us could slam a gen out preferably mid or a different one that wouldn't leave us confined in the end. Sometimes other people would take care of the totem I noticed, they 'adapted' as survivors like to put it to the killers.

If somebody can run the killer around for a long time, that's a great time to get them out of the way and then go looking for the bones once the killer catches them or abandons them. If you haven't been hooked and can finish a gen int he killer's face just do it and eat the hook too sometimes. It beats it being reset. there are decisions that can be made around it, and it usually beats being slugged and doing jackshit half the game after a ten minute or more queue. That's what would lead me to quit the game right there on both sides finally if it was nothing but slugs and hatch matches after unbearable queues. A "hatch match" in that dark time would simply be playing like a coward the whole game and not risking reviving anybody slugged, only doing a gen to get the hatch to spawn later after waiting out their bleeding lol. I wouldn't trust a killer if they got me in thats ort of a game to not leave me with the choice of bleeding out for four minutes or taking the 4 minute dc penalty and checking through compendiums only to play something else the second bad slug match in a night. I'll take ruin and light slugging over something more boring any day evenw ith quicker queues.

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319
    edited January 2021

That was how some of my matches were the last times I played, seeing them dancing around the killer and hook and only finishing a gen or two before realizing it was time to go looking for the hatch. I would start gathering bones if I hadn't found a few already by then just to have some decent points afterwards in case they got me before I found the hatch or the gates were poorly spaced when it seemed smarter to wait by a gate until they close the hatch. I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to this game myself, and make plenty of stupid decisions, but some people just play in ways that make me wonder if they're just trolling or farming quick unsafe hooks off each other. Which would make sense during bp events if the queues were short, but otherwise is just plain stupid. Evenw hen I'm screwing around or trying to figure out fun or trolly loadouts and winning isn't my main concern, I still try and get out if I can usually.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,858

That’s a good question but I’ll say no. Since Undying has been changed to allow the stacks of other hex perks to stay, I think Devour Hope + Undying will be the new meta. Since you have to be 24 meters away from the hook to get a Devour Hope stack, camping will result in Devour Hope becoming useless. Devour Hope + Undying will discourage camping because of this, so no the Ruin + Undying nerf is good for survivors.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,149

Def disagree with whatever that streamer of yours said. The meta will change, people will still use Ruin, people will turn to DH, Tinkerer, and other perks depending on what killer they're playing esp. Undying isn't going to be bad, its just not going to be as strong as it is now.

At the highest ranks, if I see Ruin, I'm going to immediately go hunting for it. A lot of others will too. If killers are going to camp, they will pay for it. I don't see the nerf as a problem, the meta will change and that means people will have to adapt their playstyles which is perfect.

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624
    edited January 2021

Undying/Ruin players already camp, slug, tunnel, and play in really annoying ways. And in fact it's usually the ones using Undying and Ruin that play really sweaty.

So not really. The nerf is an improvement. Period.

• Unifall
    Unifall Member Posts: 747

Why would it? Good killers don't have to camp. Imo its not going to affect camping at all. Killers will camp regardless. Its just gonna make it easier for survivors to destroy the totems.

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624

Naw man. Old Ruin was definitely OP. Especially when you look at the game as a whole and not just from the perspective of Commando Squads that can hit great skill checks all day without trying.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

Are you saying people who arent in a SWF cant hit skill checks?

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

Camping is already rampant, that hasn't changed with the meta. Also, I don't understand the correlation. With ruin/undying you can hook in the middle of a 3 gen and still get ruin value. And even if ruin/undying discouraged camping, then once cleansed, the player would resort back to camping anyway, unless the trial is already a wrap.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,690

Devour Hope / Undying will be the new combo to complain about once token transfer is implemented.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

I'm excited about it can't wait to have some protection for lullaby and devour. No better feeling than pulling off a Devour hope win.

• Bumbus
    Bumbus Member Posts: 600

Nah, that's just two totems to make one perk work. It isn't hard to cleanse two totems.

Of course, some people will use it, but new Undying won't be meta in any form.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Long of the short campers camp now and will camp after.

• TheeclumsyNinja
    TheeclumsyNinja Member Posts: 283

Camping will def go up, especially at purple/green ranks (the same people who complain about ruin/undying the most cause its hard for them to do bones.

But the nerf will make it viable to run 2 hex perks with undying, so this will create new problems

• AceInTheKate
    AceInTheKate Member Posts: 100

As the game gets harder for killers the more mean killers will become and do things like slugging. Its sad that all of killer meta has been strictly generators.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932

I play in red ranks and most killers play that way in my games (even with Ruin/Undying). This literally won't change a thing for me. lol

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

I never use Ruin/Undying and I never need to camp unless the survivors are like 4 person swf 1 gen left and no one is dead on hook, but that's kinda expected out of a killer. I think the streamer you watched is wrong on that one. Ruin/Undying is not needed at all to do well and not need to camp.

• C_Frank
    C_Frank Member Posts: 179

The changes on undying promote new combo undying + hope. In future a see a lot of post because nuser/spirit/Freddy are too ez to get 3 stacks.

• Massquwatt
    Massquwatt Member Posts: 414

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that if Devour hope/Undying ever becomes popular enough that it becomes meta I don't think it'll stop camping. It'll just encourage aggressive hook bombing to prevent stacks which means people unhooking you infront of the killer without BT.

• FreakPrince
    FreakPrince Member Posts: 526

That doesn’t make any logical sense. But hey, I’d rather face 1000 camping bubbas than the boring ruin+undying combo.

• Wesker09
    Wesker09 Member Posts: 159

I quit killer not cause of these upcoming nerfs or gen speed or whatever, I quit cause killer got boring

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

If it promotes anything, it sure won’t be camping.

Point of the duo was to slow down the game, to be able to protect gens.

You can’t do that if you camp.

If anything, more tunneling.

• OBX
    OBX Member Posts: 854

Yup.... the same people that have whined endlessly about ruin are the same people that whine endlessly about camping. Unfortunately they fail to see the issue with their logic.

these are the same folks the devs balance the game around sadly.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

You'll see less killers, that combo allowed them to be more viable so wont see them as often. Less killers will want to play as not everyone is high skilled so removing it will hurt them. Longer queue times as a result, camping, slugging and need will likely be more common to counter the lack of gen pressure, killers will try more to 3 gen and remain one side of the map. Ruin and undying was very counter able but people didn't want to use non meta perks for totems or put in the time to learn them. Against good survivors the combo wasn't even that strong, it was only strong because people didn't do gens. If I get 11 hooks at 5 gens as clown with no defense that shows people arent doing them. It was a secondary objective and punished bad players so.... but its killer who cares right, not like you need killers to play the game

• fxMem
    fxMem Member Posts: 5

Yes, I agree with the streamer (it was True I believe). I've stopped running ruin and undying some time ago to get used to the change and it's definitely much harder. Gens fly and you can't just run after the survivors and have some fun chasing. You have to kill one person asap, slug occasionally and get ready for 3 gen. It's boring, but it's better then losing.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

It really is sad. Totems were not an issue and can completely ignored after the patch. But i predict a rise of NOED complain threads.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,345

I am sorry, but you are terribly mistaken. Old Ruin was not OP. It was, and still is, one of the few perks that can slow the game down. And I don't fast games, I want to enjoy the trial and have fun. Old Ruin made that possible.

• Orionbash
    Orionbash Member Posts: 765

Killer mains say this all the time yet my queues are still instant. Lol.

• If there's an issue with more campers, just always run Borrowed Time. It's inconvenient if you have a different build that you prefer that doesn't involve BT, but it's an effective way to punish camping.

• MB666
    MB666 Member Posts: 966

true i personally I start not using UNDYING 2 weeks ago to get used to not use this perk soo...its noticible...that with undying games becomes more easy to win even if i making a lot of mistakes ...and most of them and my games are like....9/10 4k .... and WITHOUT "undying" it its like 7/10 soo yeah......people dont neet to complain about it....because we all knew since the perk come out than paired with ruin was rlly boosted...having to cleanse 5 totems to get rid of ruin its so dumb ,thanks RNG..soo yeah am very happy with this changes

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

Most people I've seen are talking about how good it'll be with Devour Hope and, to a lesser extent, Huntress' Lullaby. To get stacks with Devour Hope you need to get x distance away from the Hook.

How does this promote camping?