Could Blight use a tone down?

Options

Probably going to get a lot of hate for this, but a good Blight is stupidly strong with little to no counterplay. His cooldown after a dash isn't long enough to make any real distance, and his turning and attack hitbox are so massive that you really can't dodge his lethal rush. On one hand, you need to practice a bit to be good at him i'm sure, but at higher levels it doesn't really seem like you can do anything against him.

He can use his power at almost every loop in the game to get an easy hit, and those that he can't he can just chase normally and then break the pallet and get a free hit afterwards. Is it just me or is it just too easy to hit people with his lunge?

Comments

• Regulus47
    Regulus47 Member Posts: 450
    Options

People say he's the third strongest killer in the game if played right. Why so against it?

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082
    edited January 2021
    Options

Yeah, no he has counter play. He's not like Nurse with no counterplay. He's balanced any person who's mastered a killer can be a problem some more then others. A master Blight will Mess you up same as a master Huntress or Oni. And some loops his power isn't strong. So yeah he doesn't need a nerf. And just because a killer is strong doesn't mean they need a nerf get good.

• Regulus47
    Options

So Nurse didn't need a nerf? Come on, that's ridiculous.

• savevatznick
    savevatznick Member Posts: 651
    Options

Learn to play against him. It may seem as if he can hit you whenever he likes, but once you realize that each once of his "bounces" is a step in a series of moves to even get close to hitting you, you'll realize most of the flashy stuff he does it setup.

• Regulus47
    Options

What counterplay? Most blights can turn and hit you around any object. And his hitbox is so massive that dodging it is near impossible.

• Haddix
    Haddix Member Posts: 1,027
    Options

cause he's the third best. okay? a strong killer that's not super brainless. good.

blight is dumb fun, and a really good blight isn't complete misery to go against. I've played against ascension a few times. it's a very tense match. he's an oppressive killer when mastered, and that's what a killer should be.

super fun to play, fun to go against, very very good when mastered, great set of addons. mwah.

• WishIcouldmain
    edited January 2021
    Options

Not every object I'll still beat a Blight at the killer shack. Not to mention that a lot of open maps are a hindrance to a Blight. And his short FOV And frankly this is the first nerf Blight post I've ever seen. So what you can't beat Blight not a good enough reason to nerf. And tell me every loop Blight will beat you at.

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546
    Options

Nurse and Blight are two different things. Old Nurse was a direct counter to how the game is played, Blight is not.

Plus current Nurse is probably the best killer in the game right now but nobody says she's op because again she requires skill.

• Regulus47
    Options

You clearly haven't gone against any good blights if you think he's weak at killer shack. He completely shuts down the whole building with zero effort; watch scott jund's blight guide if you want to see how. I don't see the issue with open maps, he should do very well on those because of his high mobility? FOV is being changed too.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,084
    Options

I never said old nurse didn't deserve a nerf.

While old nurse did take skill to be good with, old nurse did have aspects of her kit that were strong without factoring in player skill. Like extra blink addons removed opportunities for survivors to juke old nurse and old range addons allowed nurse to travel much farther while charging her power for a shorter time reducing the window a survivor has to react to her blink.

• WishIcouldmain
    edited January 2021
    Options

Okay then you act like every Blight you face is a god so we gotta nerf. Do we have to nerf Nurse also cause god Nurse's are so common. Blight is balanced. Still can't beat every loop. And oh no a killer beats me at a loop gotta nerf. And many loops his power is weak. And open maps are weak since they give less stuff to bounce off. Just watched Scott's video said Blight can't use his power at every loop T and L walls short loops fun fact they're common. Stop saying nerf a killer who you can't play like you want. Learn to recognize which loops are good against a certain killer. And get good.

Post edited by WishIcouldmain on
  • Crowman
    Options

Hillybilly did need the charge addons changed at least.

• Crowman
    Options

I agree with you that they went overboard with it. But he did need some change.

I would also say that Oni is fine, but his Topknot addon deserves a nerf.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,253
    Options

Alright lets break this down point by point

first blight does have counterplay, dropping pallets and not greeding windows, which vaguely sounds like bubba except faster

His cooldown varies to between 4.50 seconds and 12.5 seconds, counting the first one ran out of duration at the end of the 3 second first dash basically his cooldown is more punishing than nurses and at worst nearly as long as spirits power recovery

Even if you made "distance" his power is a mobility power so buying an extra 0.2 seconds wouldn't have saved you in 99% of cases

You can dodge a lethal rush just not consistently or very well because that's what people practice for, its like complaining that you can't dodge a hatchet like people aren't allowed to aim or something and his entire power is affected by latency so yes the hitbox looks big but thats just because thats what the server saw

At higher levels he is strong and you can still do stuff against him there is just no easy one size fits all solution to guarantee victory

Yes he can use his power but easy hit is a bit much considering that most loops he can't use his power around and other loops it takes a ton of ingenuity, practice, and improvisational skills to even think of doing it that way along with the technical skills to manage to pull it off

"free hit afterwards" there are no free hits just out of position survivor and his power makes out of position more common and lenient

its not too easy to hit people you are just seeing latency in action

if you think it doesn't fit any of this try it for yourself and share the results

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    edited January 2021
    Options
  • Patiencehero
    Patiencehero Member Posts: 54
    edited January 2021
    Options

Going off of the tier list model alone for balance is always a terrible idea. It promotes the idea that a killer at the top of the list is broken, rather than just being the most effective, which aren't really the same thing. And balancing otherwise leads to the same nerf-buff-nerf-rework-nerf nightmare circle League of Legends has been dealing with for ages.

If anything I feel like Blight is kind of around the general balance curve killers should be at - lower-high/upper-mid tier. He's like a more moderate nurse - decent skill ceiling but still easier to learn, and not as oppressive when played by an experienced player.

• 6yXJI0
    6yXJI0 Member Posts: 589
    Options

Blight is a little weak without his Flick exploit. He is very map depended. You will suffer on Corn, Swamps, Badham, Lerys and many more. Bad collision will make you slide when you want to bump and vise versa. And his fov is terrible. You can't see behind small objects, rocks, trash, so its harder to break loops as him. It feels like he's having eyes on his crotch.

• DarKaron
    DarKaron Member Posts: 615
    Options

Uh... Not to burst your bubble or anything, but as a Blight Main myself, I find basically every indoor map to be a super huge advantage.

I look at just about every wall and turn into Hanzo from Overwatch:

"Simple geometry."

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options
  • Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927
    Options

The only people that would say that are people who go against him that aren't very good. To someone that plays killer or is experienced at survivor he is far from that. He's pretty much in the middle of the killer tier list not weak but certainly not top tier.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    Options

He has counterplay for sure. It's not easy though, a good Blight is very hard to play against but the counterplay is definitely there. If you get to a tile you have to stay there, he'll get a free hit on you if you just run in the open. You have to plan where to go and force him to break pallets. At shack he can usually get a guaranteed hit but honestly that goes for a lot of killers these days. Any open area = death, so if he's rushing, get behind things and make him use up more tokens to reach you.

Blight has counterplay. He doesn't have *much* at a lot of tiles and it mainly involves pre-dropping pallets if you're at a jungle gym, but it's not the same as a good Nurse or Spirit. His add-ons absolutely deserve a nerf though. Alchemist ring and compound 33 are completely overpowered and need nerfs.

• ALostPuppy
    Options

The only people who think Blight is mid tier are those who don't know how to play him. Another underrated killer just like Demo and The Twins. He is absolutely a high tier killer.

• Kirkylad
    Options

I could go back and forth with you but the fact you think the twins and demo are underrated says it all really.

• ALostPuppy
    Options

Sure, I'd rather not waste time trying to get through to more brick walls on this forum anyway so you're saving both of us the hassle.

• FrostySeal
    FrostySeal Member Posts: 606
    Options

Aw hell yeah let's nerf a killer that needs a ton of skill to play! I'm sure you'd like to go up against more deathslingers, spirits, freddys, and phead right?

• Kirkylad
    Options

I've been playing this game since 2017 so I know how much potential each killer has and if someone thinks the twins are a decent killer well good luck to you that's all I can say.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

Since his release I've played against Blight maybe 20 times total, I rarely see him. He doesn't need a nerf, he needs something to encourage people to play him.

• Killing_Time
    Killing_Time Member Posts: 894
    Options

Her add-on needed to be looked at. A cool down on top of BUGS and another cool down was just lazy. Let's be real...

• OGlilSPOOK20
    OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716
    Options

No! Blight is perfectly fine how he is. Imo when they fix his camera he'll be alot better to play as. He's just a fun killer to play and the biggest counter to his power if objects and other crap in his way. So if you wanna be good against a Blight... Don't run in a straight line making it easy for him.

• BitingSea
    BitingSea Member Posts: 332
    Options

No offense, but if this is your view on Blight, you're probably not that good at survivor

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options

Yeah,i mained him on PS4 too but i stopped after seeing what PC player were able to do.

The devs need to fix that.I never had a problem with that with other killers like nursr or huntress

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174
    Options

Twins are fun if you don't care about winning but have zero viability. They're kinda like Wraith to me, fun but entirely add-on/perk reliant to the point you can just simply be out perked by the Survivors.

• Kirkylad
    Options

Yeah I agree they are fun to play when you're having one of those days were you just wanna have a laugh, meme around and play chill. But if you want to win against a decent team she just doesn't cut it.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    edited January 2021
    Options

First of all, Blight isn't easy. Not for most people. I took to him quick when he first came out, but I know that most people didn't and continue to not. He is a hard killer to play unless you're used to taking in a huge amount of information and also have good reflexes/prediction.

Second, he could use a slightly longer cooldown for swinging out of his power. And also the removal of the 180 exploit, because I have no idea how that is in any way fair. Or, if it gets converted into a feature that everyone can use he needs some other hefty nerf.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,629
    Options

Disagree on that one. Tierlists are highly subjective, and while Number 1 and Number 2 are fixed (Nurse and Spirit), there is a debate about the places afterwards. Contenders: Blight, Oni, Freddy, Hag, Pyramid Head for sure. Maybe even Deathslinger, Billy and Huntress.

But for the third strongest Killer, the five I named before are definitely up to debate when it comes to placing them from 3 to 7.

(Which just shows how strong Killers have become, if you dont really know which Killer will be the third-strongest, because there are some options)

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,741
    Options

I'd say that he's a similar situation to Nurse just with m1 potential. He's a difficult killer to learn so as a reward for learning him you gain a strong killer.

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624
    edited January 2021
    Options

It's fine. Survivors aren't supposed to win chases.

A good nurse is worse than any Blight and she's still in the game.

The killrate has been pretty high, well above the 50% survival rate target for years. This is intended. Survivors cannot have too easy a time and killers are supposed to be strong, otherwise the game stagnates.

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624
    Options

So this game is where Hanzo ended up!

Ironically Hanzo hasn't been "Simple Geometry" for years now since his rework. There is no geometry involved with Storm Arrow. Simple Geometry is now Sigma's catchline (except that isn't).

• Ohnoes
    Ohnoes Member Posts: 608
    Options

So? That isn't a bad thing. The thing that was broken about him was addressed already after he went on ptb. Also due to bugs he'll just slide off some stuff instead of getting his smack.