Could Blight use a tone down?

Options
2»

Comments

• Clockso
    Clockso Member Posts: 853
    Options

I would argue a good blight with ruin, undying and tinkerer seems a little unfair but for the most part blight has some solid counterplay, and his chase music slaps

• Chchchcheryl
    Chchchcheryl Member Posts: 1,531
    Options

He is incredibly strong, but only if the Blight player has actually practiced and put time into him, he also requires a lot of foresight and a heavy dosage of common sense, which a lot of DBD players don't have.

Whilst he doesn't have as high a skill ceiling as Nurse it's still pretty damn high, and much harder than Spirit but still as oppressive as her.

If anything his collision and pov need to be fixed before a nerf is considered.

Playing on indoor maps (which I roll a lot), takes a LOT of practice at Blight and I do no where near as well as on outdoor maps.

Blight doesn't have that much disadvantage on corn maps I'll say, hooks and generators are bouncable, and survivors also have corn blindness, with blights base outfit you are INCREDIBLY hard to keep track of, and if you predict right, a blind lethal rush into the corn can be a death sentence for the survivor, because they have no warning before needing to juke you and rely instead on you being unable to track through corn.

Also someone said it above, high tier killer doesn't always mean broken, it can also just mean very effective! Let killers have something nice seeing as Nurse is bugged to ######### and Spirit is, well, Spirit...

• DontNerf
    DontNerf Member Posts: 990
    Options

There is loads of counterplay to Blight, take this from someone who mained him

• DawnMad
    DawnMad Member Posts: 1,030
    Options

Let's first fix the countless bugs surrounding him and then think about balancing him. He can't see anything in grass or corn and he can't collide with half the objects in the Swamp, Ormond and Autohaven. Please lets fix him before anything else.

• bingbongboi90
    bingbongboi90 Member Posts: 576
    Options

So what he is the third strongest killer.

There Will always be a third strongest killer even when every killer is unplayble.

The blight has the most balanced power level of any killer.

The only Killers that need tweaks in my opinion is freddy and spirit.

• SkerpiTwitch
    SkerpiTwitch Member Posts: 327
    Options

He's very map dependend, autohaven maps can be a bless if you know how to glide of cars, but going into ormong, you can't bounce of the snow piles. Tbh, he's not that hard to learn, you need insane map knowledge on where to use your power, especially on loops.

• xEcoLog1cDuk3Xx
    xEcoLog1cDuk3Xx Member Posts: 441
    Options

Plain and simple. No. He has a high skill ceiling and in certain areas, he can't use his power. Just because you see other people do good with doesn't mean you'll get the same results. Not to mention his hitboxes and sliding off of objects make him harder to play as.

• DarKaron
    DarKaron Member Posts: 615
    Options

Yeah, I know.

But hey, just goes to show you when I played Overwatch.

Spoiler: When it was good and not just a DPS race.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,097
    edited January 2021
    Options

Not at all. Maybe his purple and ultra rares could use a touch up. Otherwise he's just about perfect, collision wonkiness and bugged POV aside. High skill cap, high strength, very fun. Blight is everything a killer should be. Best killer release in years.

You can make the case that PC players can do 1000% more with him than console, but I don't think killers should be nerfed around hardware limitations. Just let me get tendinitis from my 180 flicks. It's fine.

• DistortedDream
    DistortedDream Member Posts: 672
    Options

No, Blight is fine as is. His power is difficult to learn and very map dependent. You can easily counter him by finding a pallet or vaulting a window.

• AnnoyedAtTheGame
    AnnoyedAtTheGame Member Posts: 539
    Options

If I played the blight right now. I'm basically a rank 20 killer with him. I couldn't hit 1 person with him, I never tried him ever again. Same as the nurse, I can't hit anyone with her either.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    Options

No Blight is awful. Wraith, Trapper, Blight worst killers in the game.

• Ghost_Face_Main
    Ghost_Face_Main Member Posts: 618
    Options

Pretty sure the insane map and loop knowledge IS the hard part of learning the killer. Without those two key things, the player controlling Blight would get demolished.

• Skullgrind
    Skullgrind Member Posts: 118
    Options

Blight can be really good. But a lot of it is map dependent. His addons are really strong.

If you think Blight is too strong I would suggest playing with him. Learn how he plays and you will be better at avoiding his powers.

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,882
    Options

I heavily disagree! I agree with Trapper and wraith but Blight is not bad may I ask.

Why do you think Blight is awful.

• Ghost_Face_Main
    Options

Hillbilly at the time had infinite on-command mobility while other mobility killers had a decently sized cooldown. This made Billy's skill cap really low since you could just sprint around the map at anytime with no cooldown of sorts. With the overheat mechanic, it increased his skillcap more by having the killer now monitor how much heat build-up they gain.

The Hillbilly is honestly not very different from his old self if you manage your heat very well. Everyone should have expected the devs to bring him in line with other speedsters.

• Ghost_Face_Main
    Options

So for example, you'd like Spirit to have infinite phasing, or Legion/Oni to activate Feral Frenzy/Blood Fury's Demon Dash at will with no cooldown?

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,832
    Options

How about instead of nerfing Blight we make him less trash on console. That'd be nice.

Aiming after bouncing off an object is not easy, and trying to hit someone while rushing is a fool's errand. On console his power is only good for mobility, but then you get put on a corn map and #########, he has no access to his power in large areas of the map, why even load a killer in at all.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options

It really breaks your heart when you see all these pc streamers getting those insane lethal rushes and just drifting around the map and then you look at console blights that can barely swing to the sides in a rush (with max sensitivity)