Huntress Lullaby - An Idea to make the perk hopefully more consistent to use and more fun to play

Amelio
Amelio Member Posts: 38
edited March 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

I really like the concept of Huntress Lullaby but It feels too inconsistent every time I use it so I was thinking about a way to make it more interesting for both killer and survivors:

the perk Doesn't spawn a Hex totem but gain token as usual (you get one token every time you hoock a survivor) Any time a survivor cleanse any totem you lose one token, once all totem are cleansed the perk deactivate and become useless

this means that a survivor can reduce the power of the perk more easily without getting invested and losing a lot of the time in the search, on the other hand, the killer doesn't have to fear to see the perk go away after 2 minutes and can actually use it consistently all the match

the good and experienced killer probably find ways to use this perk with good survivors, overcharge and unnerving presence can actually be useful with an active H. Lullaby versus good survivor since they just don't expect that on the other hand playing against the perk as a barely competent survivor I think that I didn't felt that change in lost skill checks because I had to be more focused on the gen so I believe that the perk is good against experienced survivors, cause it mess with their habitual timing

Post edited by Amelio on

Comments

• DarkMagik
    DarkMagik Member Posts: 822

Or that the Hex doesnt Spawn until you have 1 Token

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    edited January 2021

I don't like the perk as it's incredibly rng from the skill checks to if you get survivors who are not bothered by no audio alert along with the fact that it's a hex that has to survive a long time and it's position is also rng.

you have too little control over it and it takes too long to reach maximum power, I would either make it not spawn until you get like 2 or 3 tokens or i would reduce it's needed tokens to reach maximum power to 3 or 4. So what you said because there isn't much else we can do to buff it while keeping it as it is.

I know what your thinking as that wouldn't be fair as some people can't react well but the thing is it's just WAY too rng based in nearly every aspect.

• Amelio

dudes, I know the effect is not so strong but it's a fun perk to play with and against (for some people), I can assure you that if the totem stay in game up to the late game it can be quite usefull, sure I think all the changes you suggested a long time ago but I CHOSE to write that one, so, what you think about the change I suggested?

• matthewg64
    matthewg64 Member Posts: 79

your idea of the hex not spawning until it actually has effect is a great idea. Drop the other stuff tho. I know behaviors speaks that language, every perk has its necessary detriments but loosing a token for every cleansed totem is way crazy.

• Amelio
    edited January 2021

not the first perk that should have that feature but It's so simple that It's suggested since when I started playing and it look like it doesn't make much of a difference so it's useless spending time changing the perk that way, I don't know why you think that what my suggestion is so crazy but the perk it's weak, modify the spawn will not change much but decrensig the tokens for example give it a use in a combination with some perk normally underused (but with a lot of potential), let's see If yall actually know the game: name some of these perks

the fact often is that players can be really lucky and find the totem really fast of be unlucky and never find it, for some perks it's good but some other totem perks it need to be different

• matthewg64
    matthewg64 Member Posts: 79
    edited January 2021

aw so you don’t want it to be a hex anymore, that’s my idea too lmao. The way you wrote it mislead me but yeah that’s exactly how I see it. Survivors have the power to take 5 tokens away from the killer but that’s the maximum amount. After that the killer can keep stacking, except there’s a major problem I just thought of. The only time your gunna have your tokens is when theirs only 2 survivors left, and you might have like 3 tokens? By then it’s pretty much a hatch game. It sounds cool and interactive but you will never get to it’s full potential, and when you do it’s not gunna matter. Your tokens will remain around 1-3 until... wait. But if they break a dull before you get a stack, they technically only have 4 tokens that can take from you. Damn it’s a maybe

• Amelio

well, later I better change the explanation to make it more clear, sorry for that

I played a lot of game where I used thrill of the hunt and it seems like totems are actually slow to go out even if pressed to do them (survivors perks, undying etch., I damn love to use thrill with Ghostface)

on the other hand with lullaby active I get to 5 in 2 gens or 3 vs average survivors so for the end game you go to at least 7 or 8, I assure you that 2-3 stacks are still really good and having survivor cleansing totems and not repairing gens is actually really nice

I think that it should be a Hex perk even if it won't spawn an actual hex totem since it interacts with totems nonetheless

• Amelio
    edited January 2021

at the beginning of the match sometimes they find one before any generator and just cleanse it but getting to 4 or 5 is pretty damn rare, the Lullaby at 2 stacks become effective and at 5 stacks feel that it's not so different from 3-4 but the surprise of no sound the first time get a lot of people for sure

• SeannyD115
    SeannyD115 Member Posts: 583

They should lower the amount of stacks before getting the no skill check sound. The no sound skill checks might get survivors to miss one or two skill checks but eventually they get used to it.

• JediWithASniper
    JediWithASniper Member Posts: 670

What if it was based on downs instead of hooks, and what if it wasn’t a hex at all, but just a regular perk?

• Amelio
    edited January 2021

I Think that 5 hooks are just perfect we don't need less or more

you should watch one of the new video Otzarva put out:

the perk as it is works nicely, the only problem is the consistency, I love the perk but every time I use it it's a gamble most of the time the perks go out at the 2nd or 3rd generator, maybe they gen rush and at that point I have just 1-2 stacks and it seems like I just wasted the perk slot and I could use it for something more useful

• Amelio

After a while, I admit that those are not worth changes, the perk would still be too weak to be used

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,871

Lullaby has active effects with 0 tokens, the failed skill check penalty.