It is so disappointing to see the difference in strength with killers

Options
2»

Comments

• Witherrr
    Witherrr Member Posts: 85
    Options

Tbh, wraith and clown are very dated. I wouldn't really say we've gotten a weak killer since like, demo

• Scarybubblegum
    Scarybubblegum Member Posts: 8
    Options

I feel like people value mechanical complexity too much here. Similar to BHV and their graphs, the kill rate vs pick rates don't accurately show a killer's strength very well. Nurse is probably the best killer in the game, yet the sheer mechanical skill required to play her would have you believe shes a below average killer if you take the graphs at face value. Oni takes a fair bit more mechanical "skill" to play than Wraith, but I'd argue Wraith is far more difficult to play effectively, as similar to what OP stated, his base kit is embarrassingly lacking when compared to Oni. You have to compensate a lot in strategy, add-ones, perks and luck. Now, I'd argue comparing Wraith to Spirit would be better, due to the similar playstyles, and very simple mechanics to actually learn. However that said, Spirit still has far more depth to her power, more strategy to expand on, and thats reflected in how powerful she is.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    Options

I did not say that they all need some sort of map traversal ability, I said that they need more than what they have or something to help create pressure that isn't just speed (pyramid heads cages). You are right about all killers having different playstyles though. For example, look at Wraith and Ghostface. They are all about sneaking up on survivors and getting hits when they can however, if you look at it Ghostface is just a better Wraith. Ghostface doesn't have to deal with the cloaking and uncloaking thing and has more lethality in general. Even if someone plays a killer to their fullest, a couple of experienced players can completely change how you perform. Simply sneaking up on survivors is pretty much impossible if they all are looking out for you so you will have to rely on something else. In this case, ghostface will do better than Wraith since he can use his power to instantly down survivors. Wraith can at most get normal hits excluding lethal perks like MYC.

• Yords
    Options

I feel like demo is a bit underrated for the fact that he is just a bit weak when it comes down to it. The stealth he gets when coming out of a portal is not enough and he is very loud so it doesn't even do much. The shred ability is actually very useful and his portals just give survivors a bit too much information. He also makes noise when in a chase swinging at survivors. Everyone else is able to easily tell if they are safe. A few tweaks and an addon pass will make him much better.

• savevatznick
    savevatznick Member Posts: 651
    Options

There are those who are looped, and those who are not.

• Yords
    Options

The strong killers can still be looped a little, but they actually have options.

• Nogun61
    Nogun61 Member Posts: 5
    Options

Lemme state that I'm a survivor main first. I agree that these problems shouldn't be seen with addons, but the actual killers themselves. I don't really agree with the specific comparison above, but I do agree with the idea. Personally, Oni is a very easy character to just avoid for me, and fighting things like doctor or spirit are just over before it starts (because they are overpowered)

• Yords
    Options

I compared Wraith and Oni, not because of their playstyles, but because one of them had everything and the other had almost nothing. I could have probably chosen a different pair of killers though. Now, for spirit and doc? Spirit is not overpowered but she is barely pushing the line. The doctor is a decent killer at best, what makes you think he is overpowered?

• awsome_predator
    awsome_predator Member Posts: 35
    Options

Couldn't disagree really as u said with no add-ons however flip that and give wraith imo his 2 best add-ons the silent bell and the purple all seeing mud and u have a top tier killer can use mind games at pallets where there are clear blind spots and survivors even good ones can't anticipate what u going to do like are u unloaking or waiting to catch a better position love wraith and before all the haters say he rubbish I say try with those add-ons and u will see how fun he can be and also gets kills at the high ranks but ofc the top tier killers are immense providing u know how to use them otherwise u may aswel play billyboi

• Yords
    Options

Could you be a bit more clear with this comment please?

• psych321
    psych321 Member Posts: 4
    Options

Thats 2 bad.thats the only way a survivor can survive.

• Witherrr
    Witherrr Member Posts: 85
    Options

Agreed. I really just think the devs have gotten much better with the killer designs that play around the meta a lot, though they aren't as fun to verse at times they're sure as hell stronger compared to say trapper and wraith, who have very simplistic powers that aren't very thought out, compared to what we have today

• Yords
    Options

Maybe, but her problem is more with the RNG aspect of her power and a bit of her stealth part. A survivor can either get it off the first try or spend a long time trying to.

Her ambush is not really an ambush for the tiger roar that happens the second she starts the channel. It is pretty useful in quite a few loops during a chase though.

• awsome_predator
    awsome_predator Member Posts: 35
    Options

All I am trying to say is most players use add ons for all killers unless messing about a bit or trying to prove a point but as for the the wraith having nothing really power wise I think if you try the add ons I mentioned makes the wraith a really impressive top killer and makes it for a really fun game. I would much prefer to play as a no add on wraith to a add on Oni tbh as I am quite poor with him so I do believe everybody has a certain killers that work or don't work for them depending on a players style, level or preference but that is just my opinion like before Freddy rework I really enjoyed him and how his powers work same as Dr but I also enjoy them since there reworks so if a rework is done to improve things I'm all for it but I don't think some things need changed but as long as the game grows and improves that's all that matters