Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Is Blight actually competitively viable?

I've mained Blight since his release and I think he's a really great Killer, maybe even up there in the low S ranks with Hag, Spirit, and Nurse, although I've heard people say that if played correctly he's competitively viable and potentially even the third best Killer in the game which is a big deal.

Do you guys feel that this is true, or do you personally disagree with it? I think Blight is an amazing Killer but I'm not entirely sure if he's competitively viable.

Comments

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

He is competively viable Blight will eat you at many loops. And his mobility is the trademark of many viable killers. But still is counter able at T L Walls and short loops. And obviously has a recharge where he'll be an M1 briefly. Balanced and viable.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,475

I went against a 3 man sweat squad while still learning blight on Disturbed Ward, None survived, not even the random

Im probably 3x as good as I was then so blight has real potential against sweat squads

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Depends what you view as “competitively viable”. IE you could play him and do alright sure, but amazing survivors vs an amazing blight you’re probably getting wrecked. His counter play is some of the easiest of the A tiers in my opinion. Where he makes up ground is in his map pressure. I wouldn’t view anyone but Nurse and somewhat Spirit as “competitively viable” because we probably have different definitions of that. I view A tier as only good against players that make mistakes and the only killer I’d put in S is nurse.

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685

Bear in mind Blight is pretty new right so people may not have realised his full potential just yet.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,197

The only killers that genuinely scary now a days are Strong nurse players that have recovery & range add-on(to prevent holding W against her on first blinks) and Mother Daughter ring+Yakuyoke Amulet(Spirit has too much base cooldown/not enough speed to compete without it). Iridescent heads+Infantry belt Huntress is also super fun to play against but the issue is that survivors typically disconnect against it in solo and its so sad but admittedly, the combo is powerful.

I wonder what would happen if the game had no ranking system for survivor and there was this mode called "Super-Killer mode" where all the killer powers are like super strong and survivor would actually struggle to escape the killer. I wonder if that mode would be more popular or less popular than regular DBD.

• MasterGrit
    MasterGrit Member Posts: 331
    edited February 2021

Yes and with Alchemist ring, it turn Blight into ultimate snowballing machine and be like 2nd strongest killer

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,225

Yes. He's the 3rd best killer in the game behind Nurse and Spirit. Actually a viable alternative to Spirit right now. Many killers are playing him in the tournament scene even with green and lower add ons only. The competitive/tournament tier list goes something like Nurse>Spirit>Blight>Twins>everything else.

• n_coming
    n_coming Member Posts: 31

Where do you think oni stands? I personally think its nurse>spirit>hag>oni>blight>twins>freddy.

• Exerath1992
    Exerath1992 Member Posts: 1,035

I think once a player has total mastery over the power and a great perk build, blight can be low S tier at least. Especially when they fix his low FOV.

• edgarpoop
    edited February 2021

Great synergy with passive slowdown perks due to their ability to pressure two places at once

Ability to counter BT

Anti-loop with Victor/general easy hits with Victor

Best gen control in the game

Simply put, they have the best game management of any killer along with the ability to greatly slow things down. Nobody controls a 3 or 4 gen better than the Twins. Not even Hag. The Twins have a 4 gen regardless of gen layout. Hag doesn't.

• edgarpoop

In normal everyday matches, Oni is probably low A tier. For competitive/tournament play, he's very low tier. Teams don't give him hits and there are often 1 or 2 gens left before he gets his power for the first time.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

With the best add-ons and in the best hands, Blight is viable. But it's also easy to make mistakes with him, so most players might not be able to keep up with the best Survivor squads.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340
    edited February 2021

HAG n Spirit are S tier?

fingerguns basically finger gunned Spirit to oblivion....

• stikyard
    stikyard Member Posts: 526

As I said before Blight requires some skill and decent frames probably helps. I also think he's a little too map dependent. Some maps are just too clustered and tight for Blight to maneuver and down survivors with charge.

• Healthore77992
    Healthore77992 Member Posts: 570

I'm sure that on PC he is, on Console he is disgusting

• UncleStabby
    UncleStabby Member Posts: 837

So much lower. Im a killer main with a ton of hours, and I just struggled for about six matches trying to complete the ritual for downing with lethal rush.

• Terro
    Terro Member Posts: 1,171
    edited February 2021

I don't think he is viable. He is just not consistent enough with his bugs, skill cap, counter play and map/RNG reliance. If ppl mean that he's better for the viewing experience than yeah blight is probably one of the best, since he'll always make the matches look exciting and fair, even if he's stomping or getting stomped.

• ManyAchievables
    ManyAchievables Member Posts: 667

I have yet to get Blight, but from what I've heard and just looking at his power from a fundamental standpoint, I'd say he's pretty good.

I have also heard that he's a bit iffy with collision at times so maybe that makes him weaker.

I'd say if his collision is fixed, he'd probably be viable due to his huge speed, great map mobility and even a decent chase potential.

• DawnMad
    DawnMad Member Posts: 1,030

You can't use his ability on most loops and it's fairly easy to dodge. He also has many collision bugs and his famous height is a big problem for him. If all the bugs were fixed I would say he has potential to be tournament worthy but right now he is waay to map dependent.

• Withered8
    Withered8 Member Posts: 1,241

Yes 100%, he's pretty much at spirit's level, which puts him 3rd/2nd best in the game.

By far best flexible mobility in the game and can end chase very fast. Only thing that keeps him from being nurse level is his power recharge.

• Exor
    Exor Member Posts: 256
    edited February 2021

In my opinion, yes.

Even perkless it's more than possible to win 90% of matches, just for the the reason that he can both counter almost every strong or common tile in the game (shack, L-T walls, most, if not all, jungle gyms, almost all main building setups etc.) and has the mobility to back up his killing power. While he does have counterplay, it's still possible to counter the counterplay as him, resulting in no easy recipe to beat him, unlike some other killers.

Add his Add-ons (heh), which are almost all really good at what they do, like the alchemist ring for example, which allows him to wipe out an entire team that doesn't know exactly what to do in only a minute or two, while still giving a huge advantage vs really good survivors, combined with the usual meta perks and even the best teams will struggle vs a very good blight.

Really, the only thing holding him back are screwed up collision and, to a lesser degree, his camera, if those issues get fixed I would truly put him in S tier.

Post edited by Exor on