Looping

Options

Hey guys,

Anyone else that feels looping is getting kind of tiresome? Feels like I'm doing the same thing over and over again..

I would really like the devs to put in more types of jungle gyms, or include the unique gyms of Ormund and Yamaoka into the MacMillan, Autohaven, Coldwind etc.

I saw someone that made som types of new jungle gyms somewhere and I liked it a lot!

What do you feel about this?

Comments

• megswifey
    megswifey Member Posts: 826
    Options

Ohhhh I am garbage at looping, I usually run and vault a lot and just be super speedy meg NYOOOOOM but I get downed a lot haha! I prefer waiting to drop pallets until necessary but not looping because I also find it bland, so the vaulting stuff is more fun. It's also fun to head on if you absolutely need to survive, but that's for dire situations (at least for me) I hope you find your looping style soon, OP :)!

• JoByDaylight
    JoByDaylight Member Posts: 707
    Options

Haha I didn't think of that.

Maybe with some new tiles we could call it something else!

• aEONoHM
    aEONoHM Member Posts: 208
    Options

They need to find additional ways to create mind game opportunities for both sides. Looping is only really fun for the survivor. I know it's a F13 mechanic, but maybe some sort of stumble mechanic? Not really a looping alternative though...

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options

Oh no,i still get confused by those stupid tiles from ormont and yamaoka lol

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784
    Options

I'm all for new tiles.

And just like Yamaoka's ones I will never, ever know how to properly run them because I'm a scrub :)

• ausanimal
    ausanimal Member Posts: 542
    Options

F13 had a couple mechanics that made chases fun apart from the stumble which could screw you over the longer you were around Jason the darker it got and only way to fix it was to go into the light, they could put that in DBD each gen gives more light to part off the map allowing you more places to get rid off the darkness or take longer for it to show.

like you said not a looping alternative but would start to make looping harder and would need to start thinking your next move cause once your screen is black you can't see much.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

This is why I love saloon so much as the map has a lot of unique loops to change up gameplay

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    Options

lol yeah different tiles would be cool, but I think we are going to have to wait on that since the game is already in a meh state.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

i mean, the devs intended each killer to be a different playmode, yet 90% of them get countered by the exact same strat.

i can definitely see why it is getting boring, yet any time there is a killer that cant be looped the regular way there is tons of hate thrown towards the devs, as the killer is "unfun".

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    Options

New tiles would be very welcome, but absolutely not the Yamaoka/Ormond ones. Please no. That long wall gym is so stupid and the other one is so weird I don't think anyone still knows how to run that tile, survivor or killer. The ones on the saloon are decent, but could be made better without the breakable walls.

• JoByDaylight
    Options

Agreed! I have had some interesting chases around that gym though, with both me and the other guy being totally confused xD

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    edited February 2021
    Options

Some variety in tiles would be nice, instead of variety in tile placement. I know basic maze and junk tiles like the back of my hand (not that I'm necessarily good at playing them), but a lot of the newer tiles still mess with me because they're just so rare.

• JoByDaylight
    Options

So, I couldn't let this go and tried to make one myself. Sorry for the bad drawing...

I miss a tile that can be looped over 2 floors. A little like some of the rooms in Hawkins, but outdoors. So I think it would be cool to add stairs and some sort of bridge over the tile. Also I wanted to have window and a pallet that can be used to loop and used to mindgame on both sides.

The bridge can also be used to look around.

Thoughts?

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

It's easy to create mindgames with the current tiles.

1. get rid of all the conveniently placed holes that survivors can look through
    2. get rid of the red stain or give the killers the ability to temporarily turn it off BASE not a perk.

• TheShocktor
    TheShocktor Member Posts: 134
    Options

Killers have been saying this for a long time.