What in Dead by Daylight / BHVR disheartens you the most?

2»

Comments

• shalo
    shalo Member Posts: 1,522

That the Devs value statistics over gameplay - statistically OoO is fine, in actual gameplay, not so much.

That's it's 2021 and BHVR still can't match players correctly.

• Another_LegionMain
    Another_LegionMain Member Posts: 399

The one sidedness of updates, they nerf ruin so much that it could easily be a normal perk but no, that would be too OP.

Ghostface and Legion are punished for missing, due to a bad play or the Autoaim, and loose their powers for a long time

They removed Shards for extra money.

The whole Binding of Kin chapter shows us what will probably happen down the line, I fear.

• hatchking
    hatchking Member Posts: 312

The swamp exists and the trapper is allowed 5 traps on that map

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,467

Survivors play the game to bully killers too, and then can ruin a killers experience very easily. saying killers are the only ones that can do that is both ignorance and stupidity

• Ryan489x

the thing that disheartens me is the community attitude, with both devs and players.

the players demand so much and the majority comes from survivors wanting killers to be weaker and weaker. and both sides have the attitude of "I don't care if you have fun or not as long as I am" and when it comes to the devs when they do a Q&A stream it feels like they pick the same questions every time and don't give any real answers. I understand that some things can't be answered but it's frustrating as a player.

Personal stream or not a Dev should never tell a player to shut up and quit badgering them. just throwing that in there.

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,549

The lack of communication from community to devs and vice versa. As others have said the colorblind mode fiasco really brought this to light, but they're so inconsistent about what parts fo the community they even listen to it's almost impossible to get things to them. Case in point for a while the PTB allowed for greater feedback to happen and potentially get fixed (Ghostface PTB being a good example here) while they've decided since it's just time for bugs to get found and maybe patched and most actual changes have to wait for midchapter. The Billy nerf too was a wonderful miscommunication, where the first post mentioned "we're only going to tweak him minorly since we're happy with him; he's got good counterplay and the more skilled player usually wins" and the official patch notes said "he was overperforming so he's getting nerfed."

I've thought for a long time now there's two "communities" of devs. There's one that tries to incorporate community ideas and thoughts, and there's one that blindly follows the vision they have come hell or high water from the community, and are hypersensitive to feedback that isn't purely positive. The second example above is a very good indicator of that I think...and unfortunately as time goes on I think the second community of devs is winning and gaining more power over the first, and I'm not sure that I like that.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,241
    edited February 2021

Seconded. It takes way, way, way too long to revise/rework dated perks or killers. One year would be pushing it. It took 5 years for Wraith to get true invisibility. Plague has been bad since release. Clown took 3 years to get an update. Absolutely ridiculous. They don't care once we've paid for something.

• kyogul
    kyogul Member Posts: 491

wow killer bias much?

See I can accuse people of bias too because I disagree with them

• kyogul

And what is bullying to you then? Because pretty much the most you can do is smurf and taunt killers with lower experience than them. Taunting isn't bullying to me as it's not affecting the gameplay of the other player.

Survivors have to go out of their way to do that and they end up throwing the game basically. Like a SWF trying to constantly head on a killer.

• Alphasoul05
    Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 601
    edited February 2021

How many things survivors can do themselves. Unhook themselves. Heal themselves. Get themselves up off the ground multiple times with 2 perks. Make up for a mistake by pushing E. Sit in the killers face until the last second because SB. Stun the killer because DS a minute and a half later due to a late save. The inability to use tunneling as a strategy when you might be playing Wraith and they're slamming gens and are really good at looping because perks.

What really bothers me is the developers thinking you can balance a game based purely on statistics. It bothers me that they don't understand their own game and refuse to listen to people far more knowledgable in it than they are in the form of really good streamers. It bothers me they've completely monetized the game yet they haven't improved the rift and have left it at 70 tiers so people buy it. I hate 60 of those tiers are total garbage.

I hate more than I love about this game but I still enjoy it. I simply wish the developers at the top of the food chain were replaced.

• SirCracken
    SirCracken Member Posts: 1,414

The game's lack of clear creative vision and terrible coding.

I mention the former because it's responsible for the terrible changes to the games lore and the designs of some of the more recent killers, Twin's being a prime example. And I mention the latter because it stifles any potentially cool idea that the devs actually do want to implement as the game is at risk of imploding every time they tweak something.

• shyguyy
    shyguyy Member Posts: 298

The fact that I still don't have my prestige 3 Dwight back.

The fact that they gave everyone access to so many of the exclusive skins, because everyone needs to feel special.

• Chicagopimp2019
    Chicagopimp2019 Member Posts: 458

When you said killers are the only ones who can bully, you showed your bias. I have seen both sides do a good job of bullying, killers AND survivors. So tell me again how I'm killer biased.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,176

Dev priority/lack of updates/lack of balancing/ listening to bad survivors and killers for nerfs, etc. Its what hurts the community the most and drives people away from this game.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210

A friend of mine lost all her progress, and has already sent a ticket to bhvr. Unfortunately she got no answer, and she still has every character lvl 1 without prestige. You can lose all your progress and the devs won't answer for a month (that's how long she's waited thus far, let's see how long she'll wait)

• kyogul

Talking about one side =/= bias. I have plenty of opinions that are one-sided, such as I think people who play killer are more subject to verbal (?)/text-chat abuse than people who play survivor, which would mean I'm killer sided now? Or am I not biased until you try to discredit me? Bias doesn't negate anyone's opinion and your criteria for assessing bias is both flawed and illogical. Stop using fallacies.

You also didn't catch the sarcasm I did in my last response, which was mocking what you said, and wasn't said seriously, and I made that relatively obvious

People keep saying survivors can bully but where is it? What can survivors do that prevents the killer from playing the game, and particularly without throwing the game themselves? Closest thing I can think of is an experienced survivor smurfing and I don't see that as bullying since in technicality it's not any different than, say, a rank 20 being randomly and erroneously paired with a red rank.

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893

What disheartens me the most is they keep trying to make this damn game an E-sport....

• halfempty
    halfempty Member Posts: 3

I’m going to piggyback off this and say the total imbalance of swf (notice here, with the exception of the last guy, all running meta perks. Like they don’t have enough of an advantage with comms). It’s a giant buff to one side with zero downside.

Like, I’m not even trying to be whiny but I can only play the game late at night and it’s all I verse. I’m just bored of it. I’ve definitely cut back on playing the game because of it. There’s no incentive for the killer and you just get straight bullied some matches (I prefer weaker killers like pig and trapper). I’d be happy if they gave the killer a bp multiplier or something for versing swf. At least I’d have a reason to keep playing and it would be an acknowledgment of the imbalance of the match.

• Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843
    edited February 2021
    • No unique survivors. Killers are all unique with different stats and powers, but survivors are just skins. WHY?????????? It makes no sense whatsoever! I've always ######### HATED this so much. I could go on forever about how sad this makes me but I don't even want to get started because it'll be an endless rant about how a whole roster of 24 people are actually just one singular soulless mannequin with a skin plastered on it. They do some silly stuff sometimes but they really got me with this one
    • No new interactables or secondary/alternate objectives. Game's been out how many years and we still just got gens. The only new thing (that isn't tied to a killer power) they've added to interact with since release is totems. Think about that for a minute
    • A lot of perks are not very viable unless you're a meme build psycho (like me). It's great and all that they occasionally buff a few underused perks, but most of those perks that they buff have been hot garbage/barely used forever and they're just now becoming okay but not even that great. I wish they'd do more of them and more often. I want to have more viable options to shake up my gameplay without feeling like I'm intentionally hindering my performance
  • DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804

i'm going to have to say the same as the OP, BHVR's work environment is easily one of the healthiest and least stressful in the industry but at the same time things need to be done and having a bit of a tight schedule is a lot better then having no schedule at all

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

Using stats too often

Like them saying OoO is fine

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731

Getting put into a match against a rank 1 killer with 3 rank 20 teammates.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,291

The time it takes BHVR to make a decision on the most basic things or make basic changes - As an example they said they would hide killer loadouts post screen until all survivors were out of the trial - It took them several years to add this very basic thing they all agreed to being necessary on a Q&A stream - I remember this fondly because this was my question they answered and they even answered it 2 other times on a Q&A stream.

But seemingly out of the blue they change something that I don't understand how it became a priority - It makes me believe they follow their data they get from stats too heavily and don't play the game enough which hey that's fair but at that point listen to the community who plays the game.

Like a good example is Pop Goes The Weasel had its duration reduced because BHVR said the killer could do too many things in between the timer. However Decisive Strike is LITERALLY the same issue and that perk goes unchanged longer.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742

this. like... there is nothing that makes the game fun to watch on its own.

It's always the streamers commentary, not the actual playing, and you can't have that with a 'professional' commentator cause good heavens, the game is about as exciting for spectators as competitive paintdrying

• lkalin91
    lkalin91 Member Posts: 150

When I'm playing killer I'm stressing out like crazy, but when I play survivor it's mostly chill despite the outcome.

Always thought it should be the other way around since you're the 'killer', but most of the matches it's race against time and playing tag with survivors.

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893

This is facts....I've always felt weird about this one. Killers are all special, they all have their own lore, their own powers, their own move speed even. Every single one of them is unique and offers something different.

But then you go to survivors....and I wonder.....why the hell would anybody wanna play these people when they're all clones?

Its a waste of potential creativity tbh. I can understand they wanted to leave the tactical advantages of survivor inside perks so that people can play whatever "skin" they wanted with the advantages they wanted. I'm just suprised they never gave them any unique drawbacks or anything outside of looks. They should have quirks, little stuff about them that doesn't give them an advantage but instead a drawback. For instance maybe one of the survivors has a problem with flatulence and gets nervous when scared they fart when the killer initially sees them or something weird.

Dwight has glasses, he could have a quirk where the first time he gets a skillcheck the skillcheck appears out of place from the center of the screen.

Bills a smoker, if he stays in 1 spot for too long not doing anything he should start coughing and be surrounded by a fog of smoke instead of having crows surround his head.

ya know.... there's loads you could do with it.

• Timo_______R
    Timo_______R Member Posts: 58

Hitboxes make it impossible to prevent getting hit 100km through everything

Matchmaking give survivors who just drop pallets non stop, can´t survive by jsut using windows

Bad Connection form Klller or Vpn can´t be helped either

• Meg_Main
    Meg_Main Member Posts: 28

Don't know if anyone here is familiar with Warframe, or specifically the developers, but they are turning into DE. What I mean by this is either the devs do something NOBODY asked for really well, or something people did ask for really poorly. I just think the devs make so many half-assed changes and have so many problems with their games. Another similarity with BHVR and DE is that BHVR is now just trying to cater to all the 8-year old switch noobs. Visionary for example. I must be legally blind or on Hawkins/Lery's to get any value out of that perk. Literally only works for new players that just picked up the game for $7.49 on eBay. I also hate when survivors just sit on gens but I can't blame them either. Mr. Pretty Good Job So Far says "totems are a secondary objective, NOED is the punishment for not doing it." No. Add a legitimate and mandatory secondary objective for survivors. The only demoralizing thing about sitting on gens is the fear of depip for no other categories. But as you know, game has to be easiest as possible for crybaby survivors or else they might crap their diapers.

• lkalin91
    lkalin91 Member Posts: 150

Stress related to killer gameplay.

• SpitefulHateful
    SpitefulHateful Member Posts: 292
    edited February 2021

Legion making those teenager huffing noises when he runs. Why wouldn't any adult survivor could just turn around, smack the knife from those pubescent hands and give him a wedgie?

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

David just needs to Dead Hard into Legion and then punch him or her hard.

• Ryan489x

Lets see.

• Teabaging after a stun
    • Flashlight blinding after a pallets stun and break knowing a killer can't counter it
    • Teabaging at an exit gate instead of just leaving.
    • saving people right in front of you knowing that they have BT, DS, and UB in the same build
    • Gen rushing for no reason
    • making the same sound alert over and over again to annoy a killer.

You're argument is very once sided, Killers are the bullies but anything survivors do is okay.

How about you try playing as a killer for a while and you'll see what I mean. Knowing you're going to win because of what your running and treating a killer like a joke is bullying in my opinion, the less said about end game chats the better.

• kyogul

I'm going to take this response as trolling, particularly after reading in particular:

• saving people right in front of you knowing that they have BT, DS, and UB in the same build
    • Gen rushing for no reason
    • Flashlight blinding after a pallets stun and break knowing a killer can't counter it

Can't take any of that seriously, and not interested in continuing talking with you either, but I'll take it that you'll mention me or whatever if you want to get some sort of comeback out

• Namesarehard
    Namesarehard Member Posts: 14

Our hypocritical community

• Ryan489x

That's not trolling it's just things you don't want to hear. you've got to love this community.

I'll make a completely one sided argument and if someone disagrees ######### them they're trolling me

• baron
    baron Member Posts: 142

That devs and community managers come on the forums to defend and encourage toxic strategies in the game that people have complained about since the game released (camping/tunneling/face camping/).

That the map reworks have a ridiculous number of dead spots without any pallets or places of cover.

The concept of killers 'earning' noed by not taking a 4th perk that allows more affect on the game. And they say this with a straight face. They then said noed 'only' tends to result in 1 kill. I dont know any other perk that tends to essentially guarantee a kill. Nor is it possible to knock killers out of the game before the end game.

DS. Is the problem the perk or is the problem the game design? You will never see them admit their game design is flawed when it obviously is.

• Allhel1
    Allhel1 Member Posts: 56

I just don’t like how they’re focusing on the graphics and map changes instead of fixing bugs or balancing out perks. I honestly would rather them not release a new dlc and instead spend that time fixing the game rather than add to it