Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

This was abit annoying

Got hooked in basement, didn't get saved till second hook. Steve has BT, which is nice considering I deserve it for having no one save on first hook. Killer comes down and body blocks me and Steve in the stairs. I eventually force my way out, but have 5 seconds of it left before getting smacked down.

True, he did slug me to go for Steve.

However he only did it because of the possible DS. Which I didn't have.

I don't usually get salty at the game but like come man that's a D**K move :/ especially for someone who didn't get saved til too late...

But hey its a tactic I suppose *sigh*

Comments

• jester20k
    jester20k Member Posts: 827

Yeah there's a lot of unskilled killers that apparently have never ever played survivor and don't know or care what it feels like to get singled out just so they can have a better game.

• Kees_T
    Kees_T Member Posts: 811

That was totally on Steve fault for risking a save from the basement(a dangerous place) with the Killer nearby, and also other Survivors fault for not having the game sense to know when to save you.

Was he camping?

• crowbarman
    crowbarman Member Posts: 499

The number of games where I've hooked someone, chased someone else or done another activity, came back and randomly bumped into the SAME survivor I just hooked for another down/hook/kill - and got accused of major camping. For the most part most survivors are just dumb - they don't move far from the spot they were hooked, and the expectation is that you - the Killer - will just ignore them for some unknown period of time before hooking again.

Lately I have enjoyed waiting out Borrowed Time - survivors love to run at you to take the forced hit, and instead I just count to 15 and follow them. If you are going to abuse the mechanic then I'll just sit next to you if you let me. By the time they realize what's happening it's too late. They are so confused when I don't swing...

• Healthore77992
    Healthore77992 Member Posts: 570

Exactly, they should blame their teammates for unhooking them when killer is close, why would i give them another chance when they have 3-4-5 second chances already

• vacaman
    vacaman Member Posts: 1,140

Lmao if you get hooked in the basement it's your own damn fault, don't loop the killer near basement if you don't want to ######### your teammates up, specially against good defensive killers.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Killing someone when you can = unskilled ?

You realize the killer is NOT a 5th survivor, don't you ? The killer's objective is killing you, not giving you as many chances as you need to escape.

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319
    edited February 2021

lol I'd have bod y blocked you on the stairs too counting down you expect him to let a basement rescue happen with both getting away? shoulda pulled you down when he knew the killer was far enough away you could at least make it out the shack and you might not have needed bt. preferably ont he other side of the map (stuff like alert helps if you didn't get los of them going there) or while you know somebody is in a chase already like them becoming injured or obsession icon twitching. If somebody comes in for a save in he basement int he terror radius expect somebody to go down, and to trade hooks if you're not just farming the other guy. He was smart enought o not hit you early and let you get speed bumped and clip through him, I respect that.

• SocialDistomancy
  • xXCAM3R0NXx
    xXCAM3R0NXx Member Posts: 387

My mate was across the map on a gen that was like 70%, Steve and a Jane were both on same gen, they did kinda take importance on the gen than me but after they got it done Steve came to me, Jane got downed by the time Steve was at basement, blight Brigg blight just dashed to basement and yeah.

I'm not saying it's the killers fault, like the Jane and Steve were quite selfish in the match. But like cmon blight, selfish teammates, left on hook, and you decide to block me and wait for Bat to expire on me instead of going for Steve that whole entire time.

But hey a tactic is a tactic

• xXCAM3R0NXx
    edited February 2021

I don't know if your ranting at the quoter or me or even both lol.

But it was dead dawg saloon for one, the basement is quite easily accessible.

The blight was rank 1 and was good, he had 3 gens left when I got unhooked, which I guess yeah tunnel me out the game, but it's not like he was at a disadvantage, everyone was on death hook when I got unhooked.

And I'm not complaining as such, I'm just saying have heart dear blight, I've already been treated badly enough by my team don't add the cherry on top.

• xXCAM3R0NXx
    edited February 2021

The point of this post was just to see people's opinions about if it was REALLY necessary to go for all that effort of blocking me then waiting out BT, even though there is someone else also on death hook literally next to me.

I guess the player was just desperate to end the game quickly or somet idk, but you can't say you wouldn't get even a little bit salty in that scenario, including the bad teammates leaving you to die for ages.

And its not really his play that annoyed me the most its the fact I have to wait till the game is over 'not gonna tell my mate to DC' and then wait 10 minutes for another game because it was a slow queue at the time of playing.

So I just ended up turning off my xbox and accepting my quote 'if a game stops getting fun, stop playing it' :)

• SocialDistomancy

it's a smart move in the position for the killer to do what they did to you, but it's also as smart of a move in the position you were in if you weren't having fun to turn the game off and do something else which I've done plenty of times on this game. most times I fired up the past couple of months or so I've actually turned it back off and played something else either because of the queue or the quality of teammates.

• xXCAM3R0NXx

Yeah I normally don't get salty because you can just hop into a different game but it's just I went through all that waiting and loading to get a game with questionable survivors a good killer and a really unlucky and dissapointing situation

But yeah when I came back on just played some mk11 ykno, gotta love it.

• SocialDistomancy
    edited February 2021

I loved games like the old MK and other fighting games in my teens, I used to run Killer Instinct at the local arcade where I lived back then. I mastered many of it's guys, figured out their combos at home on the snes port, knew the ultimates and once in ablue moon loved slipping in the eyedol code since I figured out some busted juggles with him at home in training mode lol. Only one person I remember was able to consistently beat me if they used spinal of all the guys hahaha.

Arcades were a great social experience back then, I think part of the problem with modern online gaming is you aren't physically and more naturally interacting socially with the other players. To us we often reduce each other to bits on a computer (just seeing each other as 'smart' npcs), and you also lack the social consequences of being too douchey in the congested modern online environments. My first mmorpg had small servers where they were more like small towns (generally if it went too far over iirc 4k players at once the server could even have trouble sometimes in some highly populated zones), where you pretty much had at least passed by most other players at a social hub or seen them at a camp or knew somebody that knew somebody that knew them in game. So the social consequences could lead to somebody having to ditch a toon completely if they built a bad enough rep on it.

These days though, that's almost impossible as mainstream as these games are with their huge populations. You almost never see the same person twice any more unless you intend to. That lets the worst in us come out frequently. Even Pantheon Rise of the Fallen won't be able to really capture that small town feel on a server if it is too successful, that's more up tot he players themselves though it's target players are more than likely to sort that that out for themselves anyways.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,303

When you see a glowing totem at the start of the match, do you think to yourself "hmm, match just started, lemme give the killer a break" and not cleanse it? If not, why do you expect killers to do so for you?

• SocialDistomancy
    edited February 2021

Once in a while I get scared and wonder if they'll be notified while not yet preoccupied, bout as close personally as i'd come to not immediately going over and eating those 1.5k bp hoping it's not haunted ground lol. The greed always wins unless I hear a threat radius or see the killer coming.

• xXCAM3R0NXx

True I like your point, but that's the risk of bringing totems. Why do you think there's a perk called undying or even Thrill of the hunt?

However me being unhooked at a bad time and left to die on the hook. Can I control that? You may say 'use deliverance to get off yourself then' 'or use DS stupid'

I could use these. But the difference between these perks and the killer totem perks is the killers perks dont need no skill or requirement unlike DS (hitting the skill check) and deliverance (unhooking someone).

Yeah they may not be hard to do, but there's still a chance you may get put in the same situation (Got hooked first or miss the skill check by an inch)

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Quote: "the difference between these perks and the killer totem perks is the killers perks dont need no skill"

What does Devour Hope (to name a sample) do if you have "no skill" as killer? Does the totem defend itself ? Does the Hex generate tokens automatically ?

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,303

Stealth is always an option. If you're never found, you can't get camped.

Learning how to loop well is another option. The harder it is for the killer to catch you, the less appealing it would be for them to chase you. If you manage to loop a killer for 3+ gens, then you basically won the match for your team.

The reasons totems don't require much input from the killer is because they're high risk and high reward. Their effectiveness is based all in the survivors hands. My example was only to point out that survivors never ever go out of their way for killers, yet they expect the killer to do so for them, which is ridiculous.

• crowbarman

Probably more the quoter.

You have understand that at Rank 1, its just one depip to Rank 2. You either have to not care sometimes about a depip or keep going hard to make sure you get at least two kills a match to keep it. So many toxic players too that depending on how the last match went I may be determined to just show no mercy. Yeah he probably could have backed off but sometimes these games swing and suddenly all 4 of you are out the door.

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328

Tell me about it. I hate when killers slug the person they downed just to kill me, like am I that good at the game where you need to throw the match to chase me?

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

here's what you do.

have steve stand in front blocking the way, and let him heal you.

you either both get healed, or he hits steve and then you both run.

and if he hits you somehow, you probably still have bt

• jester20k

Actually if I'm obviously going against someone that's way below my skill level I will let them hook me. Usually I regret it because then they're face campers

• jester20k

Omg Thanks for enlightening me I totally thought the killer was supposed to help the survivors escape!

Seriously though if you're sweating your balls off to the point of camping the basement, you're taking this game way too seriously. Yeah survivors are often dicks and Thats stupid too. If you have to play like a dirty cheap ass to win as killer, you're probably not very good at it, too many killers play like every team they face is a gen rushing or bully squad. Most people just want to play the game not compete in the E special olympics.

• Exerath1992
    Exerath1992 Member Posts: 1,035

Wait, so it had to be the twins then? Otherwise, how would they body block the basement?

• crowbarman

Camping basement is not sweaty. If anything it's designed to be camped. Completely OK.

• jester20k

Anything is okay, this is a video game. But if you're this kind of player you're just as bad as the survivors that give survivors a bad name by bming and being toxic. We are all people playing a game, its sad when your goal is to stomp on someone else because your ego will be damaged if you lose a video game. So much fun!!!

• nohahaha
    nohahaha Member Posts: 19

Survivor mains really want killers to just let them go and not actually try huh? Also can we discuss the level of entitlement in the statement "I deserve it for having no one save on first hook." Jesus, grow up. It's a game.

• Aquamarine
    Aquamarine Member Posts: 207

That just happens sometimes. The basement is meant to be a dangerous place and if the killer sees someone is going down there, he'll follow. Sucks to be that survivor on hook but that's how it goes.

Run DS + UB next time. The most effective way to handle those situations.

• xXCAM3R0NXx

You clearly didn't read my comment properly.

I wasn't talking about any totem perk, the comment was about how killers have skill-less and requirementless perks that help them prevent unlucky situations for totems (undying and thrill).

Whereas survivors perks that help prevent them from unlucky hook situations (deliverance and DS), require small skill check skills and a requirement.

So the comment I quoted who said 'Should a survivor who spawns next to a totem be nice' is an invalid argument, as no matter if they're nice or not the killer if they ran these perks will be safe :)

• xXCAM3R0NXx

I guess hes one of those people that die when they lose a pip aha

• xXCAM3R0NXx

I was talking about deserving the BT from Steve since they left me to die for your information

• xXCAM3R0NXx

The funny thing is, killers complain about people running DS and that it's so OP.

Yet make us have to run it for situations like this.

• xXCAM3R0NXx

Yeah actually, it was to see people's opinions on a really unlucky and unfortunate situation the survivor could not control as the map was small enough for a basement, team that unhook badly and leave you to die.

And to see how people felt about the killers choice to make their life worse aha

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,140
    edited February 2021

I mean... do you actually know what the killer was thinking? Sometimes I see someone get screwed over by their teammates, and I try to give them a break. But sometimes the match has just crashed so badly that I sigh and get it the hell over with so we can all move on to the next match rather than dragging out that death knell. Or I could be doing a challenge that requires the 4k and I've already failed it sooo many times that I can't be taking risks just to play nice.

There are a ton of variables in every match. You're seeing it just from your POV, but the killer is dealing with four different survivors and the match looks very different to them, as has been shown by comparing survivor/killer streams of the same match.

Also, you mention getting slugged but don't say what happened after. If the killer let you get picked up, he was being nice. He was giving you a chance to participate in the game while (for him) hopefully slowing down gens by getting another survivor off a gen to go pick you up. You say you were all on death hook, but that makes it sound like all four of you were still alive, in which case three of you split up could pop the last three generators while he chases Steve.

You don't know how many times he may have given other screwed-over survivors a second chance (it's not uncommon to see), or how many times he may have thrown the match for doing so.

Maybe you already thought about all this and I'm not adding anything helpful. If so, I apologize.

The best most forum members can offer are comments about basement plays. I mentioned before, as a survivor, it's often a surprise if anyone bothers to rescue me from the basement, and I certainly don't expect it. Also, the majority of the time, they screw up the save, so what's actually happened is I got myself and someone else killed.

edit: grammar

Post edited by TragicSolitude on
  • nohahaha
    nohahaha Member Posts: 19

I'm Aware of that, but you didn't sldeserve anything. You got hooked in the basement, the most dangerous place for survivors, you are lucky he saved you let alone gave you the BT. I will repeat myself, your level of entitlement is astonishing. It's a video game. Grow up.

• Aquamarine
    Aquamarine Member Posts: 207

They do, but what can you do about it really. Killer's objective is to kill people, and unfortunately the game isn't designed in a way that encourages doing it nicely. That means, making sure that nobody's removed from the game prematurarely. It's quite the oppotisite, tunneling someone out is the most effective way.

Killers want to kill but you don't have to let them do it. There are perks to help you, use them.

• xXCAM3R0NXx

Why should I be lucky? Isn't the point of BT to unhook survivors in bad or dangerous situations? If you ain't going to be doing that then don't bring it. Wouldn't want you to run BT.

Besides I've learned that anything is acceptable in this game and even though its harsh reality but yeah it's just a game. I've always put off being toxic but if they don't care why should I :))). Tea bags and flashlight clicking for the win