The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Tired of overpowered Nurse

albarty123
albarty123 Member Posts: 36
edited February 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Honestly, it was a good idea to nerf nurse and her addons, but she is still extremely powerful.

1.If you check tournaments Nurse is able to kill a 4 swf squad (each survivors 2k hours+) using voice connection

2.An extremely experienced Nurse is really such a toxic thing to experience, not only she completely controls the whole map because of her insane mobility, same insane mobility allows her to catch survivors quickly because guess what, she has no counterplay, she ignores pallets, windows, anything that survivors were initially given to run and escape from killers

3.When i solo q on red ranks nurse is almost an impossible killer to escape from. Those tiny mistakes that can be forgiven if you are playing vs killer with low mobility become disasterous when you are playing against her. And if you get feeding randoms, or ruining survivors then its good game

4.Here is one thing that makes Nurse extremely strong. For example, if spirit uses her ability to go to the other side of the map, it is set on a cooldown allowing survivors to live for a while. But the nurse does not have this drawback.She can consequently use her power to cross large distances and then immediately keep on chasing

I would recommend changing her power so that survivors will have some kind of counterplay

P.S. I would really appreciate people who dont play survivors on purple/red ranks to not comment on this post as i was told Nurse is really not popular in lower ranks

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• albarty123

Not that hard, she is extremely strong. Here is how balance should be: able to catch survivors quickly then you should not have strong mobility. Imagine clown being able to teleport? She has both. And i am already facing tons of nurses who know how to play and its just a terrible frustrating experience

• hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188

she is hard to learn? kinda yes, but after you learn it u just dont get any worse is easy to mantain it there... and everything should have counterplay, a good nurse doesnt.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

While 1) might be true, that 4 man squad destroys all other killers. Why is it a problem if the squad has a killer with a high skill floor that can actually beat them?

• albarty123

Found a soulmate huh. Deathslinger is cancer, so true.

• albarty123

I am sorry but i dont think a person who says that Freddy has no counterplay can comment on this topic

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

easy to maintain for a few matches? Yes. Easy to maintain after taking breaks from dbd? No. And most people who have an ounce of sanity left take a long break from this game at one point or another. I've been on this forum for less than three months but I've seen countless people making "I'm done with this game" posts, but I digress. My point is being good with Nurse and maintaining being good with Nurse takes a huge amount of time and effort

that or I'm just bad idk

• sad_killer_main
    sad_killer_main Member Posts: 785

k k k k k

• albarty123

This game is not about 4 man squad.It is about making the killer playable and winnable as a solo survivor

• albarty123

Again its not about a squad.It is about making her balanced and improving solo survivor gameplay

• Chchchcheryl
    Chchchcheryl Member Posts: 1,531

Tired of Nurse's ten hundred too many bugs

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

But 4man squads are part of the game. As far as i can see, you just want the killer to have the unbeatable matchups instead of the solo survivors. Its NOT about balance, its about who should lose what.

You cant balance the game around solo survivors as long as swf is a part of the same balance system. Thats why the devs balance kind of in the middle, where swf tends to beat killer and killer tends to beat solo survivors.

Last point, how many nurses are there that can beat high skilled 4man squads? Nerf nurse for all because 0.001 % can play her well?

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193

Something isn't overpowered if it requires skill to use

... are you on drugs? Overpowered stuff is overpowered no matter how long it takes to learn

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,140

So a nurse that can beat a swf is op. How do you play against nurse? If you tried to loop a nurse you deserve to lose. Nurses are rare cause of how many bugs she keeps getting. You need to lose line of sight with her. Why do you think most nurses run whisper,bbq and some other perks to get rid of this? I appreciate those who can sweat with nurse on console and pcs.

• Aquamarine
    Aquamarine Member Posts: 207

Very few Nurses are actually godlike, not in purple ranks anyway. My usual strategy against her is to look behind while running in the open and double back or otherwise change direction when she blinks. Surprisingly often it works, and that's because nurse is difficult to play. Yes, a god Nurse is a thing, but the game should be balanced around the majority, not those few Nurse mains with 4000 hours.

My chases against Nurse last about as long as against other killers. It requires different tactics, but Nurse definitely has counterplay.

• I personally don't enjoy playing against Nurse but she is FAR from overpowered. On the one hand, she can ignore almost everything survivors have to defend themselves. But on the other hand, it takes weeks of getting destroyed every game to be even decent at Nurse.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

you literally can't actually, but I am not complaining since it takes real skill to wreck survivors

• SasukeKun
    SasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858

she is not, she's been nerfed to the ground. get good complaining survivor

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624

While what you said is true, the number of players who are at that skill level are not that big. Maybe like .1% of the playerbase, if even that.

You should not be running into god nurses every game. Or even every other game. I only run into a problematic nurse player on weekends. On weekdays I practically never run into one. Out of 30 games I'll maybe get a God Nurse just once. It's not so bad.

More often you will run into a "good nurse" which is leagues different from a "god nurse." Good nurses are strong but make many mistakes, and you can stealth them or keep them busy for a long time in a good map location. God nurses make few mistakes and you will go down within seconds, and then IF procs and she slugs the rest of your team in under two minutes. Good nurses are not that amazing and can be countered because they make mistakes.

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178

Need to fix her before we nerf her, but for the most part, I can agree. She ignores everything a survivor can do. I still enjoy going against her more than Freddy.

• Trashmaster
    Trashmaster Member Posts: 357

Weren't the addons buffed though, and by a whole lot? Before most of them really just made playing nurse harder

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

Maybe I worded that wrong but I still stand by it. Nurse doesn't need a nerf because not anyone can pick up and play her well. Nurse takes commitment and skill to be good with.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

An interesting question is would nurse have been released in today’s dbd?

Of course not she’s currently a relic of the past and needs to be both fixed and nerfed

• Daddy_Doctor
    Daddy_Doctor Member Posts: 158

You might wanna stop playing for a while if you are so tired of playing against her. She’s in the next tome so you might be seeing a lot more of her.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,132

We're about to get a flood of first-time Nurses. Match after match, survivors are going to have to stand still in one spot if they want to get some altruism points. Even then, it might take her a few tries.

• lostboy
    lostboy Member Posts: 89

My goodness, it’s nerf killer, after killer, after killer. When will this end?! There are so many counters to nurse, you just have to break line of sight and not run in a straight line!

I hardly play the game these days due to the lack of new content and when I do it’s only to play as a nurse. If she is nerfed again I’m completely gone.

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193

That only means they need to nerf her AND make her easier to play

• Unifall
    Unifall Member Posts: 747

If you don't already play nurse and get to red tanks with her. Most people that want a killer nerfed usually don't play the killer. Now then should nurse be nerfed? No. No one really plays her except people who dedicated time to learn nurse. You just can't play a killer and immediately learn their power it takes time. Shes already been nerfed anymore nerfs and she will just be more frustrating to play as. She has a nuch of bugs that blinking can hurt her more than help. When you play a God nurse you should think about the time and effort they dedicated.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Nurse is not op, just dangerous in the right hands. How about giving credit to the player for besting you and not blaming the design. A killer's design doesn't do anything for bad players. Although killers do tend to get downgrades for a bad survivor's benefit.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

I've been a Nurse main for 3 1/2 years, I took one hell of a beating trying to learn her at the start, I ran no perks no add-ons to master her base ability at it's natural state without any extra blinks or bullshit recovery add-ons , if you say she's overpowered toss some perks on her and try out a few matches , I bet you don't come back saying she's OP anymore , survivors don't like the nurse because it turns it into a skill vs skill situation where you make a mistake and she can absolutely counter it but if you make her make a mistake or she chooses incorrectly it's just as hard on the nurse with the fatigue and the looking at the ground , that time looking at the ground can add up quick so you want to pick and choose wisely how you use blinks and how fast you can read a player and identify what type of runner they are, it's totally not as easy as you think it is.