Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

How to use Insidious without camping?

Cymer
Cymer Member Posts: 946
How can the perk Insidious be used without camping a hook, gen or a place?
If camping is discouraged please remove or rework that perk.

Comments

• Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 985
    It really can't be, just use tinkerer instead.
  • Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

Insidious on Nurse with NOED; Blink through the exit gate; wait until you hear the exit gate being powered.

Maybe use Insidous with the Pig and stand near a gen; she looks the closest to being a Survivor.

OR: stop caring about what's discouraged and use the tools provided to you as a Killer.
    Gen rushing is discouraged by Killers, yet Leader, Prove Thyself, Resilience, Spine Chill, and Stake Out are still in the game just as much as Insidious is.

• Chrona
    Chrona Member Posts: 245

Camping is NOT discouraged, specifically, camping a survivor without another one being nearby (attempting the rescue, etc), is punished very lightly in the ranking system. Don't worry about it, in short.

But three best uses of insidious (two I've seen used, the other theoretical), is one, use it to camp a hex that they know exists, or specifically knows where it is. I've also seen a few youtubers use it to camp the basement, but AWAY from the basement. Like, where they are hidden, but can get a clear LoS in the basement entrance.

The most creative one I've seen is specific to the nurse. They were running insidious, NOED, and bitter murmur. They used bitter murmur to see which gate we were going for, went and checked it, and acted like they were leaving, but actually went inside the closed gate. Then, as we went into the gate, she hit us. Failed only because we broke all the totems during the match. But I'll admit, scared the ######### out of me, and would have gotten her at least one kill

• iNb4Ownage
    iNb4Ownage Member Posts: 46

@Cymer said:

Camping isn't against the rules. Why would they remove that perk just because killers aren't playing how you want them to?

• Greater_Cultist
    Greater_Cultist Member Posts: 81

@Cymer said:

You see, here's the thing.

Ya can't :angry:

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Cymer said:

Its a dead perk now, just like knock out is vs SWF.

• HuN7r3sS
    HuN7r3sS Member Posts: 211
    I would use it to camp my hex around the beginning of the game, not much use other than that
  • Incarnate
    Incarnate Member Posts: 677

I agree, it should be reworked.

I think making it an activatable perk, meaning activatable without having to wait for it to activate.
    Change it so that, if you move its effects aren't immediately cancelled, but would get its effects cancelled after a few seconds then it would go on cooldown. This would make it a lot more viable and it wouldn't just work for camping, but could work for many other styles and strategies - which actually could create a mindgame around it.

For instance, the wraith could combo it with faking it's cloak, even though there is the whoosh sound that normally would give it away when it cloaks, that could possibly be affected through addons future addons.
    This could most certainly work well on a MM in T3, it would possibly further enhance Piggy stealth play.
    In general it could be used to throw of the victims sense of where the killer is, and would be even stronger if combined with Beast of Prey, which suppresses the red stain and the terror radius while it's in effect. As that could be used just when BoP is about to go on cooldown, to further extend the suppression of the terror radius.

It should certainly be reworked, where I'm sure there are a lot of other just as viable solutions to its rework.
    I'm certainly up for discussing various rework ideas.

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775

Insidious Huntress, or Freddy for the lolz.

• Incarnate

@Rebel_Raven said:
    Insidious Huntress, or Freddy for the lolz.

It would be great if Insideous also suppressed their signature give away.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

Once I used it to stay near the hatch to grab the unsuspecting survivor while he jumped into it.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Cymer said:
    The perk will get reworked because the perk goes against what the developers want which is don't camp without reasoning.
  • Incarnate

@Nickenzie said:
    Cymer said:
    The perk will get reworked because the perk goes against what the developers want which is don't camp without reasoning.

..and Insideous don't give a good strategic reason to camp?
    Because that it most certainly does - a victim on the hook can be considered bait for the survivors, and the use of insidious allows to better utilize that bait.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,862

@Cymer said:

This question is nonsensical. You are basically asking "how can insidious be used without standing still?" The answer is that it can't be used that way. You have stand still for 2 seconds for it to activate and therefore you are camping at the very least "a place". As far as how to use the perk goes, you choose a strategic objective you know the survivors will come to, stand still, and wait for them to come. /end thread

• Radiant
    Radiant Member Posts: 187
    Insidious is meant for babycampers. Have fun in the basement with that on Leatherface.
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Chrona said:
    Camping is NOT discouraged, specifically, camping a survivor without another one being nearby (attempting the rescue, etc), is punished very lightly in the ranking system. Don't worry about it, in short.

But three best uses of insidious (two I've seen used, the other theoretical), is one, use it to camp a hex that they know exists, or specifically knows where it is. I've also seen a few youtubers use it to camp the basement, but AWAY from the basement. Like, where they are hidden, but can get a clear LoS in the basement entrance.

The most creative one I've seen is specific to the nurse. They were running insidious, NOED, and bitter murmur. They used bitter murmur to see which gate we were going for, went and checked it, and acted like they were leaving, but actually went inside the closed gate. Then, as we went into the gate, she hit us. Failed only because we broke all the totems during the match. But I'll admit, scared the ######### out of me, and would have gotten her at least one kill

Yeah that was an awesome match, I'm so glad I killed all the totems otherwise that match would've ended quite spectacularly.

• My_Dude
    My_Dude Member Posts: 132

I've used it while chasing someone through a jungle gym once. They ended up running right too me thinking I gave up.

• MrMyers
    MrMyers Member Posts: 43

^ Yeah. Try to use it when you're being looped! It's best w/ hag.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Its perfect for a game of Find the Freddy with swf.
  • PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    I have thought about using in on Freddy just to see complete aura reading of nearby Survivors in the Dream World. Maybe some day in a corn map. :P
  • ReneAensland
    ReneAensland Member Posts: 838

@HuN7r3sS said:
    I would use it to camp my hex around the beginning of the game, not much use other than that

I like this!