Tired of overpowered Nurse

Options

Comments

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328
    Options

You literally can't do anything against a good nurse. If people actually took the time into mastering her she would be the most broken killer in the game.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

She is very strong; and takes quite a few hours of practice to get down.

Thing is, once someone has done that.....I'll be honest I don't enjoy playing against them either, at least not in solo queue. There isn't any real counterplay to her, so the match is usually over before it's even begun. Also, because she often runs only tracking perks, they get slow down from slugging....so you spend a LOT of time on the ground doing nothing.

On one hand I respect people for being good with nurse; but on the other hand once you get there then it isn't really much of a game anymore.

(Also yes, fix her list of like a billion bugs please, at least some of them already it's been years)

• FreakPrince
    FreakPrince Member Posts: 525
    edited February 2021
    Options

You’re not supposed to have anything to do. Accept the defeat and move on. The player controlling her deserves it.

And we all know only 1% of the Nurses mains out there are genuinely good.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    Options

You're not wrong but I really don't know what they could do to her power to balance her. Mayyyybe if she had the effects of both her ultra rares. Can't blink to areas unless she has line of sight but is 105% speed. Maybe add another effect where it would eat up both her blink charges if she wants to go through a wall. It's hard to balance a power that clashes so badly with every other mechanic in the game.

• ClarityOfWill
    ClarityOfWill Member Posts: 198
    Options

This is the fundamental point that people (deliberately) miss with the Nurse. She is a design failure because her powers cannot be balanced in a game like Dead by Daylight (certainly not in the current iteration). Is she overpowered? Absolutely. The argument that something being overpowered is fine because of the difficulty curve is nonsense. To flip this around and use an extreme example, let's say that Dwight had an ability after cleansing a totem where punching in 15 keystrokes in 5 seconds froze the killer in place for a minute. How many people could react that quickly to the code input? At best a handful and that's being generous. Would it be broken? Completely.

Something being hard to master isn't an excuse for it being unbalanced. Realistically she needs a complete redo from design level up. But, that isn't fair either to those who have cosmetics on her or are heavily invested in mastering the killer. Sadly I don't think the nurse problem will ever be fully addressed simply because it can't be. The only thing which makes it bearable is that she has such a low pick rate and most players aren't great with her.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,214
    Options

Yes, it stays overpowered. The common argument in this forum, especially if it comes to swf, usually is "but it doesnt happen that often", which is also true for nurse.

• Set
    Set Member Posts: 23
    Options

They will never nerf her because Nurse still loses more games than most killers. The statistics are the only thing the devs will consider when there is no clear problem or solution.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    Options

slinger skill isn't as high as nurses and anyone who plays a decent amount of shooter games will be good at him.

besides i don't see slinger being OP he can barely stop gens from getting done all he has is a strong 1v1 chase power with slow movement speed.

• Dennis_van_eijk
    Dennis_van_eijk Member Posts: 1,704
    Options

🤣🤣🤣

Come on, just be unpredictable in your movements.

She takes a lot of practice to get actually pretty decent with her.

And she does have a cooldown after blinks which needs recharge that is slightly faster that spirits recharge.

And that is a good thing as she is slower than survivors at base speed while spirit at base is 110%

I suggest you try nurse for yourself for a month or so and see what she's all about and how people counter her instead of whining about a killer being OP.

And every person who is good with a killer and actually spent some time and practice with that killer is really strong with them.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

Just because Slinger isn't as strong doesn't mean he's easier to play. But of course, the automatic reply is "BuT ShOoTeR pLaYeRs".

Seriously, a handful of trials to get blinks accurate and IF + whatever the top slowdown perks are will more than make up for the misses. You don't need to be a god Nurse to bulldoze most of the playerbase.

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346
    Options

She’s riddled with bugs and barely playable. If Nurse mains are willing to deal with the double cool-down and plethora of deadzones and bugs I say let them have their fun. There’s literally a whole portion upstairs of Ormand’s main building that she can’t teleport through.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    edited February 2021
    Options

my point was he is simply not hard to learn for the average gamer, the only skill with him is aiming/leading shoots (barely have to lead at all) and knowing when to spear survivors in the open and at loops so they don't break the chain that's it.

Also if your missing as nurse your wasting a ton of time she will end up downing players slower than other chase based killers. with nurse you need to lead blinks, predict survivors through LOS, have muscle memory of your blink charge with is also equal to it's duration and range, then after that you need to do the same thing again on reaction and determine if you should lunge.

in terms of skill nurse takes way more and unlike slinger whos skill can be related to other games no game prepares you to play like nurse does.

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,051
    Options

In general Nurse is one of the most interesting killers in the game and functions as a good disruptor. Devs designed Nurse with a bunch of tells. But still most survivors seem to ignore them and go into the panic mode when chased. In general most players are bad in adapting, when I look into my Spasmodic Breath games. An AddOn that shouldn't be horrible on paper, but works, because most survivors just can't deal with a Nurse switchting to M1 chase suddenly and back.

We talked about this before, but her chases have counterplay. Of course you can't loop her forever and she is a strong killer. But she isn't that bad. Especially considering that she is bugged as hell and horrible to play as with the overcomplex double cooldown they gave her.

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731
    Options

I'd much rather face a good Nurse than a Huntress who hits you around corners or a Freddy who hits you across the map.

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,217
    Options

Keep posting stuff like this, maybe they'll nerf her again

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,217
    Options

And also, you should never be able to beat 4 man SWF on comms with 2K+ hours? No matter how good you are? The #########?

• Callmehandsome
    Callmehandsome Member Posts: 529
    Options

You missed few things here. In these tournaments there was even 4 escapes against nurses. Secondly survivors got handicapped that they couldn't run usual 4 meta perks that are effective even against nurses. They also played in nurse favored maps like coal tower, which has very few hiding spots and it's extremely small map, it's literally the best map nurse can get. What tournament showed that there are just 2 killers capable of resistance to 4 skilled survivors; nurse and spirit. Before hillbilly "rework" we would see at least few billys even in top level but now billy is dead in top level as well.

• druggedpug69
    druggedpug69 Member Posts: 155
    Options

I still have no clue why people put bait on the forums

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,098
    Options

PSA: the skill floor is how bad you'll do with a killer. The ceiling is how well you can do. A high floor means you won't do that bad (Freddy). A low floor means you can be very bad (Nurse). A high ceiling means you can you do very well at maximum potential (Nurse). A low ceiling means even at max potential they still won't be that good (Wraith). Literally everyone on these forums get these terms flipped and it drives me nuts.

• UrFat
    UrFat Member Posts: 5
    Options

Why should everything have counter play? I think you're forgetting that a killer is supposed to be stronger then a survivor. That's why you get 4 survivor's on your team. If everything a killer did had counter play then one survivor would be just as strong as one killer. Why don't you keep this same energy with perks like Dead Hard or Sprint Burst. None of those take any skill cap to use and both if used right have no counter play especially Dead hard. If you Dead hard for distance there is literally nothing a killer can do. Hell you can dead hard over trappers traps. Btw Nurse is hard to pick up and extremely hard to master. She's not kind of hard she's extremely hard.

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546
    Options

If a killer is extremely hard to play that's not necessarily a bad thing.

For example, you could perhaps, idk, justify making said killer very powerful when used correctly

• SaltyNooty
    SaltyNooty Member Posts: 276
    Options

I can and can't agree, the nurse is powerful but there are counter plays to her games. Her perks like stridor/Phobia/Nurse calling makes it hard to heal or hide but she's actually easy to predict.

Her blink ability make her movements extremely linear, it's only her chain blinking that's an issue. If you can predict where she's going, which is completely possible, you can predict the chain blink and eventually the lunge attack.

As an example, if you see her getting ready to use her power; get ready to move and make your movements unpredictable so that she'll burn through thr blinks and force the cooldown. Then again, this is just me but i'm finding it easier and easier to loop killers day by day. The nurse has counterplay and is loopable so I trust you can do it as well. All you need to do is pay attention

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378
    Options

Then dont play against her? seems like a waste of time when they are too effective,

• SaltyNooty
    Options

Dont play yourself. Freddy has no counterplay, you obviously dont know what your talking about if you think the nurse is better then a Freddy.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531
    edited February 2021
    Options

Do you honestly think Freddy has no counterplay, and that he's better than Nurse?

• SaltyNooty
    Options

Y E S, Freddy is that flipping powerful. The nurse is no where near as oppressive and unbeatable as Freddy is.

• Terr0rwrist
    Terr0rwrist Member Posts: 67
    Options

Learn to play Nurse and you will change your mind.

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624
    Options

Not if it's slug nurse, and all the good nurses are slug nurses.

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624
    Options

While nurse does have counterplay there is counterplay to her counterplay. You probably have never fought a god nurse.

Being erratic is counterplay but a skilled nurse will still hit you unless the terrain is severely in your favor. Faking works to a point but all it is is a play to get the nurse to make a mistake. A good nurse can compensate for that and still hit you. They also know how to do the first blink depending on the LOS blockers so they can see where you go after it for the chain.

This requires a lot of skill on the part of the nurse and isn't easy to do, but if the nurse doesn't make a mistake you are going down no matter what counterplay you are trying.

Killers like to say that it's impossible to beat survivors at the top levels unless the survivors make a mistake. This isn't really true but for nurse it is a lot closer to the truth. If the nurse doesn't make mistakes you are not going to beat her in the chase.

• Schmierbach
    Schmierbach Member Posts: 468
    Options

If your tired take a nap

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    Options

Nurse is hard to learn. If you lose to a good Nurse then you lost to a better player not to an overpowered player. Survivors as a team have even better power if they also learn how to use it, the power of teamwork.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773
    Options

How can you be tired of something that really isint common?

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130
    Options

When nurse was released she could have more than 5 blinks, no cooldown, and move at normal walking speed. Don't you think she was nerfed enough? Most nurses I believe quit due how much she been nerfed. With how nurse is now, they have to never miss to actually do good.

You could stop running in a straight line and try to juke, it is amazing how well that works.

• Beelzeboop
    Beelzeboop Member Posts: 1,306
    Options

Literally everyone in the community needs to see this.

I'm a... average Nurse, generally getting 2k.

I make it a point to never leave a survivor on the ground unless I need to chase someone else at this exact moment, regardless of what killer I'm playing.

• Epsydra
    Epsydra Member Posts: 89
    Options

Please don't nerf my anti-SWF weapon, thank you.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559
    Options

Yes, she is still incredibly powerful and is now much less fun to play for people who don't care about being extremely efficient.

The devs nerfed her enjoyment levels rather than her potency. Furthermore, she gains new bugs seemingly every day that continue to limit her ability to use her power in various situations.

It's not about just "nerf[ing] Nurse"; the issue is about how the theory behind her design has changed for the worse as the years have progressed (most notably the blink range changes with the Pig chapter).

• xBEATDOWNSx
    xBEATDOWNSx Member Posts: 636
    Options

Nurse is one of the hardest killers to learn if not the hardest. That being said, even a good nurse can be outplayed. Break line of sight. Juke. Running in a straight line from a nurse is a great way to give them a free hit or even down.

She still had a wicked cool down and the punishment for missed blinks is brutal.

She's fine where's she at.

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893
    Options

She's the only killer in the game who's skill cap is so high you could write a 300 page book and manual about how to operate her.....

At a certain point its not about the killer anymore, at a certain point, the person playing the killer is just too talented for words and you just need to get good.

Don't take my word for it......if she's so op....pick her up and play her....then come back to this forum after you get laughed away be experienced survivors because you can't control her worth a damn.

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994
    Options

Slinger is the same as Nurse? The is a level of clownery I wouldn’t have thought possible.

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893
    Options

I still raise the challenge....if these killers are so op....put your money where your mouth is, and pick them up. Then when you get promptly laughed out of your matches by survivors, come back to these forums and tell us how it went....

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994
    Options

You’re right.... because most of the playerbase is trash. It’s easy to win with most killers.

• xEcoLog1cDuk3Xx
    xEcoLog1cDuk3Xx Member Posts: 441
    Options

Stop being a bad survivor player. You do realize your opponents are an actual human being right? So someone has been putting the time and effort into learning and getting better with her. It's bad enough her base-kit was nerfed and her power doesn't work half the time on new or reworked maps.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

Yeah, so I played my first few Nurse trials in about 3 months yesterday, running zero slowdown perks, and I got a 2k (the first time I haven't 4k'd with Nurse in over a year of sporadic playing and no real practice) and 3 4k's. Didn't really sweat at all, because like it or not the only hard part about Nurse is learning her. Not playing her. And it didn't take me long to learn her.

And if I had been running something like Ruin/Undying, that would have easily been 4 4k's.

• Kellie
    Options

Did you not read the part where I said if people took time into learning her?

• Kellie
    Options

There really isn't a whole lot of "jukes and mindgames" you can do against a competent nurse.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559
    Options

I'm sorry? She's fine?

The game decides I just can't use my power at times, and when I do, there's a good chance that there's a dead zone lying right in front of me. Furthermore, the cooldown only slightly affects the survivors' chances of getting away but majorly affects how much I enjoy just blinking at warp speed around the map without regard to actually hitting survivors or getting to them efficiently. And this is all not to mention many of her silly, garbage add-ons that don't improve or change her gameplay in any way that makes for a better or more fulfilling experience.

...but perhaps most importantly, there's no Jenner's Last Breath, Anxious Gasp speed combo. That's the real killjoy here.

On top of all this, she's extraordinarily powerful, so it's all a mess.

• hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188
    edited February 2021
    Options

so i guess is fine not being able to play the game because is a monologue of her downing you in 15 seconds all the time?, or if she wants nothing stops her from slugging the entire team in a matter of 3 minutes with infectious fright and monitor and abuse if she desires, and hopefully have unbrekable so you play some extra seconds and you go down again if she is actually good again, amazing i had fun at the game. do people think before speaking?. both sides should be able to play the game and no, you are talking about the 1% most people are bad at the game, even at red ranks i go against potatoes all the time, most people who play solo Q or 2 man SWF, 0 comunication will get destroyed and even 4 man will if the nurse is very good, not god, good/very good....those 1% survivors dont even play public matches they are playing custom lobys with other god killer players practicing for those "tourneys" so u really make no sense, when you actually play good as nurse you will lose maybe 1 or 2 matches out of 50/100 at best, you can see that in those people doing 4k in a row people doing hundreds of 4k i na row with nurse, i mean.... i guess those hundreds of survivors had fun, A GOOD/god nurse has 0 counterplay, in unfun, unhealthy and shouldnt be in the game.