The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Killer: What would it take for you to come back to DBD?

This is not a discussion about DS+UB or the Undying+Ruin nerf. Just a hypothetical question to all the people who stopped playing killer. This has nothing to do with game balance or why something feels unfair. Only a matter of opinion.

What change would cause you to play killer again?

For me it would have to be fixing the Nurse's bugs. I haven't played killer since April last year when the COV hit my state. Lord knows I have time since I work from home now and there's not much for me to do when I'm not physically at work. I've been playing a lot of games yet I haven't touched DBD in nearly a year. For various reasons. If they fixed the Nurse's bugs I would come back today. That's my change. Yours?

Comments

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985

The only thing that would make me go back to DbD would be to fix the obsession item against killers that only use cheats. It is the only thing I ask and that would do you justice.

• Sukyandaru
    Sukyandaru Member Posts: 7

For a bit for myself it was super toxic survivors, but then i relised it's much more fun to troll them then to let them get under your skin, an exapmle is if I'm playing Trapper and i run inot a super toxic squad I just find a corner, nomally in the basment and just setp my trap and pick it up 100 times for max bp there, they get frustrated because I wont pay attenton to them and if they hang around for awhile, I get up do some streches, maybe get a coffee. If I'm wraith I'll just spam the crud outta my bell, etc

In your case I do hope they can fix her bugs!

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

I wouldn't mind being told it's a swf "after" the match ended. So I don't feel as bad if I got crushed,

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

I'm on a break from Killer until the hacker issues clear up a bit. Thus, that is my main point of contention.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

Fair matches, simply that. Either through a good matchmaking (which i am not convinced is coming, since i think the devs have wrong prioritys in that regard), or a decent balancing (which can´t be done as long as solo and swf are in the same game mode).

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,395

I would start playing killer if they introduced the early game mechanic they mentioned a feew months back. Im a survivor main who only plays killer due to the rift challenges and even before the match starts i'm anxious as hell.

• EvilJoshy

It's hasn't been a few months. It's been at least a year since that was announced. I feel most killers who lack mobility could really use that.

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

This was a very pleasant read, and I agree. I´d like to add that a lot of frustration also stems from the unbelievably huge gaps between the Killers in terms of power. I main Trapper and Myers for the most part, the bottom of the barrell, because I like them. Ask the 4k+ hrs Survivor mains how threatening these are compared to a Spirit using the best addons. Of course there will always be a meta but currently the Killers are just way too apart. M1 play is too much in the Survivors favor, which has lead to an incredibly stale competetive meta. It´s kinda boring that the game´s design doesn´t allow more variety there.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,383
  • PigEmpress
    PigEmpress Member Posts: 79

The change we need is to just use bots instead of humans to play the killers. It would make 99% of the survivor player base happy and the old killer could just play as survivor. My guess is that's the eventual endgame for BHVR.

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178

I'm just taking that DbD break until they add something interesting. The Twins' nor Clowns update just haven't done it for me.

But, I'd probably stop taking so many breaks if the Devs didn't rely so heavily on stats.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

I doubt it. Bots require a huge degree of programming that they have no shown the slightest interest in doing.

• Waldbeere
    Waldbeere Member Posts: 168

I just want to have a fair matchmaking. Fair means equal skill levels. There is no need for me to get a 4k every round. I don't care. But I want to have control over the match, everytime as long I do the best for my skill level. Most of the time I get 1 or 2 hooks the whole match, sometimes I destroy everyone. The contrast is too brutal.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

For me the devs would need to take the match control away from survivors. I want to be hunted not putting the killer on a countdown.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

i never stopped playing killer.

when i play the game, i almost exclusively play killer lately.

the only thing that stop me from playing is a rough irl schedule / the lack of different playmodes

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583

Remove Keys and give the Crouch button a cool down.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

-Optimize console

-Give me a new,fun and strong killer with a high skill ceiling again that is playable on console (looking at you blight)

-Make perks fun and interesting again.I'n tired of using the same perks over and over again

• BoopMySNOOOOOT
    BoopMySNOOOOOT Member Posts: 13

Honestly I would like to have some sort of option available where I can toggle on or off going against grouped survivors. Turn it on if you really want to test your mettle and heck you'll find a game a little faster. Toggle it off and maybe wait a little longer but play the game and how it was intended to play.

Also another option I think would be forcing a hot mic and proximity in dead by daylight. I realize this is probably a bad move because BM would sky rocket through the roof but maybe that could be a toggled option as well for killers. If you're chasing someone and they're on discord giving away information that mic is relaying that back to the killer through the game and the killer can use that information how he/she sees fit. (maybe even disable hot mic all together if it isn't in SWF to avoid the BM) This way it's a little more balanced since the survivors are getting free information and so can the killer.

I don't know.. just throwing stuff out there.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

Improve xbox one and ps4 fps and I'll think about it

• EvilJoshy
    edited February 2021

Yes. The console version is awful and in desperate need of upgrades. I bought the game for my nephew's xbox and he can barely play it on that platform. But hey, new UI system :P

• rats00
    rats00 Member Posts: 194

I doubt much else needs to be said. Extra points for formatting in a pleasing way. Thank you for putting these things into words when it can sometimes be hard to :).

• JudyIscariot
    JudyIscariot Member Posts: 71

I'm relatively new to the game, and I like playing killer exclusively, but it can definitely taxing. Generally speaking the BM from survivors can be irritating, and also getting matchmade with people that are leaps and bounds ahead of me rank wise and playing together can lead to some games where I feel less like a killer chasing them and more like the person being chased. I know there's a bit of a killer shortage, but it can definitely be rough when I'm trying to learn the game with 0 perks / addons and getting dunked on by 4 man premade SWFs that are in the upper ranks.

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

I just get annoyed that playing killer sometimes just feels like your either having to sweat like hell or you either stomp the other players. I just wish it was more of a balance so it could be a challenge each match but not have to feel like I'm spinning plates to have a chance of winning.

• EvilJoshy

That's another reason why I feel the killer side of the community is pushed aside. If a SWF of 1k hours each is waiting 10 mins for a match then a new killer player is "expected" to have a terrible experience for the greater good.

• xEcoLog1cDuk3Xx
    xEcoLog1cDuk3Xx Member Posts: 441

I want to have the ability to change characters while searching for a lobby or while I'm waiting in one.

• Beelzeboop
    Beelzeboop Member Posts: 1,306

This is beautiful. This is the best, smartest, and most articulate way I've seen this argument put.

The devs need to see this.

Bad.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

A new PC.

*laughs in suffering*

• KGeddon
    KGeddon Member Posts: 3

It's their choice to take the unfair advantage. The least you can do is the courtesy of allowing counter-play.