What’s The Point Of New Object?

Okay so hear me out, 99% of the time the only way the killer sees your aura is with bbq.

Im confused on what the point of object would actually be, if the killer hooks someone and sees you with bbq that means you already know where they are anyway, there obviously gonna be at the hook so it kinda just seems like a bootleg version of kindred.

Comments

• Pig_Is_Pog
    Pig_Is_Pog Member Posts: 222
    edited February 2021

but it’s literally useless. You know where the killer is anyway so whether you have it or not it pretty much won’t do anything anyway. quiet literally pointless

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699
    edited February 2021

Wouldn't also work in chases?

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited February 2021

It's a more powerful Distortion with a risky drawback: you know when the killer sees you (and as consequence, what perks he has) without limited uses, but with a chance of being seen even more.

Personally I find this quite interesting, I always wanted a perk that showed you the killer when he sees your aura.

• SilentPill
    SilentPill Member Posts: 1,302

You are reading it wrong. It says “any time your aura is revealed” which would include the 30 second intervals that object itself reveals you. So you both see each other every 30 seconds and also any time the killer gets an aura read on you through perks

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742

And it makes SWFs a bit fairer. Like, now you can't give people constant input on where the killer is, but only when it's more or less vital.

• Could someone please share what the proposed changes are? I didn't get to see the stream.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Knowing the killer is at the hook and knowing which direction the killer is going after a hook are two very different things.

I run Kindred almost purelly to know where the killer goes after a hook

• Thank you.

Looks like games as trapper against new object will be actually playable again, this is fantastic news. You can just...place traps right after object lights up.

My only concern comes from if like....a SWF. If multiple people, with comms, take this perk- they will be able to always know where you are. You can't play around it every 30 seconds if it's going off every like 10 seconds to someone.

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624

New OOO is trash, but that's fine it was an abusable perk and really didn't need to be in the game.

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,406

No the 30 seconds effects works only on the obsession. So you dont need to worry about 4 objects.

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

Well that´s the thing. It´s no longer the most BS perk ever, but it´s still useful imo. Imagine seeing the Killer come for you after a hook as a solo player, or beelining for you selfcaring in a corner thanks to Nurses, having their aura revealed at a gym against I´m all ears etc etc. It´s a decent aura reading perk alone for that, and if you´re the Obsession you get free aura reading at intervalls.

• jrinkwater
    jrinkwater Member Posts: 314

As far as the OoO change... I think it's pretty genius and I understand all sides of how it's a nerf (and in some ways a buff to special killer builds). It's pretty nice.

I do wish it did NOT work for undetectable status (ghostface/pig/etc). But maybe I am wrong in how it works there.

Regardless... what a really smart and good change...

• Oh snap you are right, they covered everything haha. Awesome.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,375

The new OoO says that only the obsession reveals themselves every 30 seconds. So even if a full swf squad brings OoO only one person is seeing you every 30 seconds unless you are bringing aura perks as Trapper.

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685

You might as well just run the perk "Alert" at this point.

The Killer probably breaks things more often than once every 30 seconds, and you don't have the downside of your aura being revealed too.

RIP OoO 😀

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

The every 30 seconds reveal only happens between the Killer and the Obsession. If a Non Obsession has new OoO, they can only see you when you see them with BBQ, Nurses, I'm All Ears, etc. So if all 4 have it you don't need to dodge 4 sets of reveal every 30 seconds.

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448

It will works every 30secs even if the killer doesn't have any aura reading perks.

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685

Actually ignore me, I missed the part they see you when you see them with auras, thats actually quite cool

• PNgamer
    PNgamer Member Posts: 1,415

allright awesome, but what do you think about spinechill ? In my opinion it destroys the jumpscare and the fear effects of the game. Any plans for changes in the future?

• TheFireVVolf
    TheFireVVolf Member Posts: 57

Trash?!?! No, no, no!!! It opens up many possibilities as a chase-focused perk and even more as an information and decision making perk. Sure, it is not as powerful as before but there are more things you can do with it. It might be viable now in soloQ. It is going to be very exciting!

• jrinkwater
    jrinkwater Member Posts: 314

Actually now it has some good uses. It's much better this way and less of a stupid OP perk

• Pig_Is_Pog
    Pig_Is_Pog Member Posts: 222

i get what you mean but here’s the problem, scratched mirror is undetectable so it won’t work for him. amanda’s letter is also undetectable so it won’t work with her. wraith is also undetectable with all seeing so like yeah.

Nurses calling would be sweet but it’s mainly undetectable killers that run it so i doubt it’ll get much value.

Im all ears no one really runs but it would be pretty sweat when someone actually does run it.

i guess we’ll just have to wait and see though.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

It works during chase now, it literally now gives you periodical wallhacks every 30s and warns you whenever killer uses aura reading on you through perks or strong addons. I might say that from the "normal gameplay " viewpoint it was actually buffed.

Yes you can't abuse it in SWF anymore (thank god) but from the point of pro-looper view using it for jukes and info it's better then before.

• Dennis_van_eijk
    Dennis_van_eijk Member Posts: 1,704

The killer only sees your aura for what 3 or 4 sec?

Plus bbq has counterplay to it to hide your aura,go in a locker or hide behind a gen in a direct line with the killer.

Now what counter does OoO have?

0 counterplay whatsoever.

Even with the suggested rework (if you can call it that) it has 0 counter.

You aying with a friend?

He just takes a perk with him where he can change into the object, ds or that perk where you heal another for 1 health state (sorry forgot the name) and the OoO person has now again everything that the perk does now but without the aura reveal time on it.

Imo, just revert it back to the old ways where it actually had a counter by looking away as killer.

Way better than it is right now and way better than what the devs suggested.

And personally I would change it for against freddy too, because now it is really unlimited info when you're asleep.

All you have to do is run to the shack and there is very little chance of him getting you there

But that is my suggestion

• xEcoLog1cDuk3Xx
    xEcoLog1cDuk3Xx Member Posts: 441

meme

• Also I might eat a DS intentionally from someone else to take that away from them.

• TheFireVVolf
    TheFireVVolf Member Posts: 57

Oh snap! You're right. Undetectable won't make it work.

Well, if it will be anything like current OoO it should light up when your aura is revealed even if the killer's is not shown. But you're right, let's wait and see.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,375

@Dennis_van_eijk

Imo, just revert it back to the old ways where it actually had a counter by looking away as killer.

The killer has no control over current OoO. Your aura will be revealed regardless if you are looking at the OoO survivor or not.

The change to OoO is making it have more of a risk for the survivors as they can no longer control when their aura is being revealed.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

So... couple things.

Firstly, you need to reread the suggestion. If the person with new Object of Obsession is not the obsession, they don't get the 3 second mutual reveal every 30 seconds.

Secondly, with current OoO looking away as the Killer doesn't counter anything. The Survivor looking away turns it off but not vice versa. The only way to counter current OoO is to have the user in your TR or be Undetectable.

Thirdly, Shack is not nearly as safe as you seem to be implying. Its a good tile, don't get me wrong. But it isn't invincible.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited February 2021

People talking like new OoO gonna be useless it's stupidly strong still. Outright counter to post aura perks; still OoO every 30 seconds until you eat a DS or something (and given it's been nerfed that won't be nearly as often)

However it's risky, you have to be very good at running a killer to take this perk; because hiding will be unlikely.

• Dennis_van_eijk

I know how the current one works believe me.

I've went against 4 of them as freddy 😅

Fun match I can tell you that.

But yeah there is a risk with the suggestion but I still think it won't really work tho.

Sure when a solo uses it, but in a 2 man swf or more they'll just pull the trick i mentioned earlier where they just force the object on someone else and OoO is back as it is now

• Dennis_van_eijk

I think you're reading my comment the wrong way.

1. I know if the person with the suggested OoO isn't the obsession their aura won't be revealed every 30s.

That's exactly what I'm on about,cause that change the perk as it is right now.

Person running OoO is the obsession?

Another survivor forces the obsession on him so the person with OoO won't be revealed until they look at the killer.

2. I was referring to the d OoO, that's why i said "reverting it back to the old ways".

Back then before they changed it into what it is right now, bot the killer and the survivor had to look into each others direction to get their aura revealed to each other.

So if the killer looked away, the link was broken and both the killer and the survivor didn't see each others aura.

3. The shack against freddy with current OoO while asleep is way stronger than while awake.

You can literally stand next to freddy on the opposite side of the wall and see him.

Freddy can't mindgame anything an has literally brute force his way through it.

Even with bamboozle it takes him way longer than usual to get that person.

The object can see exactly every move freddy makes and thus easily anticipate every move.

Most shacks have a jungle gym or a TL in very close proximity, so a easy get away if you make a mistake.

Put the current OoO on a good survivor against freddy and he can loop you for a eternity.

I've kept several freddy's busy for 2 or 3 gens without OoO as solo, can you imagine how it would go with OoO?

By the time he would got me down, the game would be already be over.