Object nerf and DS nerf? Devs are actually godly

2»

Comments

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

Wow, these are great changes! Only took them like a year to change DS in the exact way that people have been suggesting, too. We're on track for a key nerf in 2022, everyone.

Was there an unannounced stream or something? I am not seeing any information on their news subforum, or a stickied post anywhere here.

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328

So if a survivor really wanted me dead, they can quickly tap M1 to disable my decisive?

• DarKaron
    DarKaron Member Posts: 615

You know what, this is actually an A+ change.

Coming from a Killer Main, I am incredibly pleased with this DS change.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,795

I'm a big fan of the DS change. It's not perfect, but the perk is still solid in its niche without being abusable, so that's a huge win. OoO's changes seem promising too, but I'll withhold judgment on those since they said they were early.

Lol I wonder if anyone is finally willing to reconsider their opinions in [this thread] :P

• Negi
    Negi Member Posts: 378

I'll give credit where credit is due, this is the ideal DS change. And OoO should no longer be obnoxious now that the user can't trigger it at will. This is a big deal not only for the enjoyability of killer but for the majority of killers that aren't top tier.

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238

Well two of the biggest things they were asking for has happened after years of nothing but high tier killers getting nerfed (except I guess Freddy and Bubba getting buffed, but Freddy isn't really that fun to play as anymore without the old paint brush) along with the perks that allowed the weaker killers to have enough time to get kills.

This change came out of nowhere, and I think people are just being grateful that their wishes were granted. They want the devs to keep doing things like this so obviously they're gonna start pouring out the positive feedback.

• NeanderChaos
    NeanderChaos Member Posts: 29

Wow, just in a short period a lot of terrible things in the game are being changed for the better. Mori's & Undying were just terrible and I rejoiced when I heard their changes. I'm doing the same for DS & the proposed OoO change. Very nicely done BHVR. There are plenty of other things to shore up in the game and you folks seem focused on making DBD the best it can be. I look forward to the future of this game.

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

I always say actions speak louder than words and with this change the devs have spoken with a thunderous rawr. This has absolutely restored my faith that the dev team does in fact care and are not bias, at least not consciously. Well played devs, very much so. +rep

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306

Bless ya, Devs.

• CharlieChatBox
    CharlieChatBox Member Posts: 258

As mentioned above, credit where credit is due on both of these changes. Would like to say that having DS deactivate from healing does, as others have mentioned, lead to concerns about other Survivors being able to disable your perk, as well as the fact that much of the Killer cast have instant downs or methods to gain exposed easily. Same goes for other Altruistic actions, like unhooking. There has been a consistent design choice in killer powers where unhooking is not disabled, even if healing is, which makes me question why the unhooking disables the perk in this situation. Additionally, unsure why opening Exit Gates does not disable the perk, and while it is consistent with Madness and Incapacitated, it does still make it so the Survivor can get grabbed off of the Gate, DS, open the gate, and still escape, even if you were not tunneling for the first 50 seconds after their unhook, but have no other choice than defend the gates at that point of the match.

On the Object of Obsession change, it does raise a few issues as well, since it is still free surveillance on killers like Trapper who already were heavily impacted by the perk, requires no input or action from the Survivor in order to benefit from it, and effectively nullifies mindgames at larger loops like jungle gyms, since both sides have accurate information on one another.

In short, good start, let DS have heals and unhooks but take away exit gates, and OoO probably needs another 20 minutes in the oven.

• Terro
    Terro Member Posts: 1,171
    edited February 2021

I think this is the opposite. It took a hell load of Bitchin for the devs to move on a DS nerf. I think the devs should've waited or else it seems like the only way for the devs to actually nerf things killers want is that they need to complain about things being survivor sided. It sets a bad precedent.

• DarKaron
    DarKaron Member Posts: 615

DS is being changed so that any active game progression deactivates it.

So now Bunny Fengs can no longer do a generator in your face and still punish you for defending it.

• Chchchcheryl
    Chchchcheryl Member Posts: 1,531

Oh no they changed Object to still be one of the strongest perks in the game, instantly revealing any aura reading the killer has whilst sporadically revealing your aura every 30 seconds for 3 seconds which would be hard asf for the killer to keep track of, and you can see the killers aura when this happens.

It's not as detrimental but still strong.

Yeah the DS changes are positive and are good for the community as a whole not just killers.

Just because they made life a tiny bit better for killers doesn't mean survivors aren't biased towards (it makes sense, there are more survivors so they bring in more money, but it's not nice to be overlooked for others as a member of a community)

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,444
    edited February 2021

You can hold the sprint button, then no one can heal you, even if you stand still.

From the description alone it doesn't sound like being healed would disable it though.

• MongolPSR
    MongolPSR Member Posts: 1,032

It's almost like we are happy that we are finally getting something that we have been asking for years after years of feeling like our concerns are answered at a snail pace or never answered. This doesn't change a lot of issues that plague the game, but this is a good step and it feels nice. Shocking right?

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193

Locker tech is still bullshit and needs to go

• lostboy
    lostboy Member Posts: 89

Can someone explain to me how OoO has changed?

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319

Long survivor queue times are godly, that is the only reason they are finally doing these long needed changes, behold the power of lengthy swf queues

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,467

Almost every topic I've seen save one about the Object and DS changes have left out one very important detail in red at the bottom.

The Object change is an Idea in early concept, it could change or not even happen, and they're welcoming feedback. They're showing us the idea super early so don't mess it up or we may never see an early idea again.

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319

They're probably being open early about it to keep the killers they got left hangin on like kim wilde lol.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited February 2021

I’m really liking these changes and hope they all go through. They solve most of my problems with the perks. The only problem they didn’t directly solve is DS after the gates are powered but that might not be as big of a deal anymore because not many Survivors will want to use a perk slot just to stun the Killer once at the end of the game.

• Jejune
    Jejune Member Posts: 795

I feel like it having no timer would lead to slugging to death. So it would be better if timer was activated after you get downed.

• Victor_hensley
    Victor_hensley Member Posts: 800

Having a survivor essentially out of the game for a full minute is bullshit? If a survivor attempts to jump in a locker, then leave them alone, either they heal or work on a gen, instantly disabling the perk and then chase after them again, or they do actually nothing so they can use the perk that they will most likely not be able to pull off if the killer has basic common sense. After the change, I see no problem with the perk.

• DonZwiebel
    DonZwiebel Member Posts: 136

No, it disables whenever you take action, not if anyone else heals you.

• hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188
    edited February 2021

they just took the player base advices... they didnt really needed to think that much if they just readed the forums more often the game would be in a way better state (when they actual take the good advices not the entitled ones, the community (the part) who played the game waaaay more than devs have very cool ideas that comes up every day here on the forums but most times are ignored and they tend to change unnecesary things, or the changes were just bad. im proud of them for finally listening to the community.

i would like just to know about that part "healing" some medkits with certain builds + addons can heal very fast even in chase, even if u are getting tunneled u can still get healed i dont think taht should deactivate DS for example, what happens if u heal with Inner Strenght or second wind, i understand they function differently than self care for example... would those deactivate it aswell? i guess old insta heal would do the same and what happens about getting healed by others? what if for example a random started healing you even if u didnt want to because you were standing for 2 seconds and a random passed by and touched you? and even simpler what if i get unhooked the random starts healing me and the killer choose me? he "proxy camped" and came back im screwed because the killer came back and my friend healed me 30%?.... many things that i would like to know.

thats it.

• CheyeneKL
    CheyeneKL Member Posts: 723

No, it doesn't. This is clearly, once and for all, turning DS into the anti tunnel perk that the community has claimed it to be ever since its last nerf. People locker DS because they're getting chased by the killer very quickly after getting unhooked. Go chase someone else or eat the stun if you wanna chase the person who just got unhooked.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,227

As much I like the direction that they are changing the problematic perks. I do not think they realize that decisive strike will almost never activate in this iteration. The perk is suppose discourage killers from proxy camping hooks(staying within 20 meters) and attacking extremely recently hooked survivors on purpose to remove them out of the game as quickly and efficiently as possible. Part of what makes decisive strike so powerful its current iteration is that the timer is very universal, almost to universal making it somewhat of universal second chance perk that grants extra health states when a killer overperforms in the match. For example, you can down one person as the Oni, activate your power, down 2 other people. hook both of those people and if all 3 of those people are unhooked, they all have decisive strike active, so how is it that anti-tunnel perk(a perk that punishes killer for tunnel visioning a single survivor) is active on 3 people at the same time. Its impossible to tunnel 3 survivors at same time. Just make only one decisive strike is activated and it is always the one that is mostly recently unhooked.

TL:DR This version of Decisive strike is too restrictive, It will not get used enough, so killers will take risk to tunnel more as fewer survivors will use it because its too situational.

OoO change is headed in the right direction. The issue is that the goal of object of obsession is for it to be risk vs reward perk that provides information to survivors at the risk of being "tunneled". You will almost never see this perk in solo queue build because the risk is higher than reward. The perk is exclusively only really used in SWF and its objective is to exploit map design by giving information where the killer is going which allows survivors to mainly sabotage the early portion of the chase by holding W meaning you as killer will be spending time following a survivor for prologue period of time before even entering the chase, often visiting loops that are unfavorable for the killer. It has another side-effect of being somewhat anti-camp perk as you call out the killers exact position therefore always making most optimal safe unhook. Those are main two function it is used for.

The new version of OoO does not capture this effect. I think a better version to capture idea of a killer chasing an obsession would be:

Object of Obsession:

A supernatural Bond links you to the killer.

When a killer chases the obsession, The killers aura is revealed to all other survivors.

When you are chased by the killer, the aura of other survivors are revealed to you.

Increases the odds of being the Obsession.

For reference, I thought about giving it the ability to reveal all other survivors while in the killer chases obsessions but I figured it would be too powerful(Similar to the perk Aftercare). In order for the killer aura to be revealed, you must be obsession and have this perk equipped.

• MrBuffalo
    MrBuffalo Member Posts: 312

This DS wont really change much i think people will still complain about it so dont expect much.

If those object changes go through though that perk will legit never be used which is sad those changes are awful. Rushed rework, awful rework idea.

• Exar
    Exar Member Posts: 46

This is one of the best changes I've ever seen. I think that Devs finally understood that this two perks were abused by survivors.

• jake1989
    jake1989 Member Posts: 29

so now survivors just will won't repair won't unhook won't do totem because they will afraid ds will deactivate, what is next remove br?

• WaveyTrey
    WaveyTrey Member Posts: 645

New DS makes sense. It’s intended to stop tunneling and camping. 90% of the time survivors never used it for that reason. Players use it to deliberately make themselves immune to the killer for a whole minute.

DS will still be good. Instead of being an aggressive perk it actually acts as a support perk that guarantees survivors being able to save themselves from the killer. New DS with Power Struggle, and Flip Flop. If the killer hits you right off the hook they’ll likely leave you to crawl for a whole minute. Find a pallet to crawl underneath. Possibly even run Tenacity to recover and crawl at the same time. The moment you’re picked up you can always stun them for sure. If they pick you up too soon you can stab them. If the killer doesn’t pick you up another survivor will.

• Akito
    Akito Member Posts: 673

Object NERF? You mean massive buff. If that goes live how it is now it's gonna be the most meta perk.

Everytime the Killer see's my aura, I can see his. (Aka Nurses Calling, Addons, BBQ, Bitter Murmer,...)

+Every 30 seconds. Translated it means everytime the Killer gains some informations about me without me knowing about that, I do now. And I can see what he does with this information. SOn instead of "just the Killer knows" it's "we all know".

But I feel like the tier differences are the same like original Discordance were the first tier is better than the 3rd.

So I really like it. It changed from being a annoying perk to a usefull perk.

And DS is literally the same. It's just less silly. If you ask me I wouldve loved another change to it. like

DS becomes active for 40 seconds. If you get downed during that time the timer runs at half the speed (up to 80). But whatever.

• Docc
    Docc Member Posts: 6

The OoO nerf is ungodly

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568

OoO is not really a nerf. It only nerf for swf, but for solo survivor it's a great buff. So I would say it will be a healthy rework. Right now you can't get much benefit from OoO in solo survival, unless you are bold enough. But after rework it will probably become as friquent as Kindred.

And DS will be straight nerfed to the point where it can't be abused. So I expect it become a rare perk in future games.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

7 whole comments in before someone deliberately kicked off a survivor vs. killer fight, I think we're growing as a community 🤝

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735

I really like these concepts of changes to these perks. None of them feels bad or weak and they are still pretty good.

I hope these nerfs will go to live servers in next chapter.

• PointlessPips
    PointlessPips Member Posts: 22
    edited February 2021

The only ppl who say tht have been playing the game for like 200 hours and or just has no skill in killer lol. Anyone whos a vet on this game knows both sides have advantages and disadvantages depending on different scenarios so to sum it up as one sided is so ignorant aha. But once you have discovered the DBD third eye you tend not to complain that much anymore. And if youve been here for a while (and really actually have) you'd realize they have nerfed perks and or abilities on literally both sides multiple times so 😐 theres whiny babies on both sides tht dnt know ######### theyre talkin bout lets leave it at that. To add on as well. Which ik a lot of posers are gunna be upset...if you have said "finally after years" you are obviously not playing that game or dont pay attention to any of the perks or dlcs. From when this first came out they have changed survivor perks and abilities ######### tons of times. Just thru the course of last year maps and physics of the game have changed to aid the killer lol. So to say "afters years" lol like you mean a singular year or months? Because it hasnt been YEARS fam.