Hear me out..I hate the new ds change

Katie_met
Katie_met Member Posts: 422
edited February 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

I'm a survivor main so of course I hate this change, but from an unbiased viewpoint, ds did need nerfing. But not to the extent that I can't even tap a generator or heal someone.

You ever been in those situations where you get unhooked, start to heal your unhooker but the killer comes back? With the new ds change I'd be kind of screwed... and if the killer had nurses and saw me healing then they'd be free to tunnel me. Same goes if they see me tap a gen.

I think that the time left on ds should be reduced if you do go on a gen to prevent someone sitting on a gen and forcing ds... but I should at least be allowed to tap a gen.

Thanks for reading and please don't be salty <3

Comments

• TheFireVVolf
    TheFireVVolf Member Posts: 57
    edited February 2021

The devs were not very clear on what conditions DS will work with. My take with heals is that DS will deactivate (meaning, it is not gone forever and should work next hook provided you haven't already used it) if and only if you completed a heal or a heal was completed on you, instead of just a heal tap.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    edited February 2021

I think it is a good nerf other than two of the things that disable it.

• healing
    • unhooking

a lot of the time you are forced to unhook a survivor as you are off the hook this just makes it so when the killer has the momentum to win they will. As with healing im not a fan since stealth and insta down killers will let the heal happen so they can tunnel unless i misunderstand and it only deactivates when you heal another survivor.

As for gens yeah i think they should be able to just tap it but that's it screw the ability to safely do gens im happy it gets deactivated.

I get the other deactivations but im not that supportive of these two however if i had to choose to keep this one of the current one i would choose this.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

It's clever to leave the hook area after beiing unhooked. Staying there and actually also healing it very risky and even then you get a head start on the killer so you can still run away and hide or loop him.

If you're worried about losing DS like that, just instantly run away after unhooking and heal someplace safe.

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

Its not that clear cut. What about if you use perks like second Wind or a instant heal and I get healed mid chase? Does that mean the killer didn't tunnel?

• Katie_met

I'm making the assumption that it deactivates as soon as I start to heal someone. I might start to heal someone then realise that the killer is coming back.

• Gay_Police_Dept
    Gay_Police_Dept Member Posts: 743

So if you get unhooked and while you are healing the guy who got you the killer decides to come back right away, that's not tunneling in your book?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited February 2021

I mean you could just syringe them or something. I imagine it will deactivate even if you tap someone to heal them.

I don't know I think it is fine; especially if it lets you use it anytime you are unhooked and not just once per game as it looks like it will. It will punish actual tunneling even harder than right now.

You can also fake having done an action, tricking a killer into chasing you and then eating a DS they think you don't have active.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited February 2021

Just...don't heal under the hook? I mean as a killer if I see that right after an unhook someone gets healed I assume at least two survivors are under the hook and I will check. Even if there is not a precedent it's useful to check a hook in case there are people healing, it's not tunneling just being smart.

Be smarter and go heal in a safe place.

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221
    edited February 2021

All they need to do is make it to where your DS doesn't get deactivated from "accidental touches".

Whether that means your teammate starts to heal you & you didn't want them to, or you started to heal your teammate and see the killer coming back or something. Have DS be deactivated after doing like 3 seconds of said action instead of right away.

• Healthore77992
    Healthore77992 Member Posts: 570

Finally you can't abuse that crutch, that's the healthiest thing this game did, i can't express how happy i am about it, hope that DH is next on the line.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

If you are doing a generator, healing, or anything else you are not being tunneled.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425

As others have said, move to a safer spot before healing.

As for the gen thing just don't tap the gen. A gen already regresses a 1/4 of 1 survivor working on it and there's 4 of them (at match start), it also takes a killer a few seconds to start regression and a survivor 1 frame to stop it.

For perspective to get 20 seconds of gen time regressed no none needs to be on it for 80 seconds. That's a whole other gen completed from 0 in time. So for losing 20 seconds on one gen you completed another (or multiple if more people are on gens like they should be).

So tldr: base regression is so bad its really not a big deal to let it go on to keep your DS if you need to use it. Someone else will get on the gen or they will complete another one before it should matter.

• risingredkite
    risingredkite Member Posts: 22

I'm not sure how to feel about healing deactivating it either, tbh. On one hand, yeah, getting unhooked, running to the next person, unhooking them and then healing them would leave BOTH players with DS which is something Killers have been struggling for a while now.

But on the other hand, it would be highly discouraged to heal your unhooker first because you might have perks that make it faster, a med-kit or something like Solidarity. I might be the only one saying this, but I think Solidarity is a fun perk, even if niche and rather weak. Not being able to run it with DS would kinda suck. But I can also understand that we can't always take every other perk for synergy in consideration when adjusting such a game changing perk like DS.

Also, what about self-heal? I'm assuming self-heals are fine, but it just said healing so maybe it's not. Hope self-healing will be alright too.

• Katie_met

I'm assuming it means as soon as you start to heal and any kind of healing. People keep saying 'if you have time to heal then you're not being tunelled' but I might start healing and then the killer might come over with nurses or it might be a killer with a smaller terror radius

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    edited February 2021

Nope. tapping the gen is progressing your objective.

If they allow tapping the gen then survivors will abuse it to hault regression. If you stop the gen from regressing then you have just assisted your objective while the killer can't use you to further theirs.

Don't even get me started on how gen tapping should be removed anyway and that stopping regression should take just as long as it takes to kick it.

• Gay_Police_Dept
    Gay_Police_Dept Member Posts: 743

Tbh, it doesn't matter if you heal under a hook or not if the killer can get there before you could finish the healing.

• Venoxxie
    Venoxxie Member Posts: 300

I think the change should have been something along the lines of this:

-60 second timer

-The timer goes faster for 5/4/3% (numbers could be changed) while doing any action or while sitting in a locker.

-The perk deactivates when you reach the Healthy state or someone else is hooked. - Making it not able to be used with Adrenaline anymore in end game.

Otherwise there is no point to the timer in the direction the perk is going. Heck, there'd be no point to the perk at all anymore as it will just encourage people to sit and do nothing. Now you might say "LOL just don't use the perk!" and while I know this is what killers want, I could say the same about what perks you guys shouldn't use but oh no, I'd be in the wrong for saying that, wouldn't I? Please stop thinking you guys are the only ones allowed to have op perks. No point in perks if they ain't got a use or we're just expected to never use them. I suppose you killers just want every survivor to go perkless and hand the wins to you on a silver platter? Nah... pass.

But also, I've had those moments where I think I'm safe so even if my teammate is allergic to healing me, I still would prefer to be useful so I work for like 3-5 seconds on a gen and turns out the killer was just making their way back from across the map to come find me again. I'd consider that tunneling tbh as I didn't really have time to do anything. Or or if I think the killer is in a chase (like say someone got injured as I got pulled off the hook) so we start healing each other (under or nearby the hook) and for some ungodly reason the killer is coming back like no dude, you were in a chase. Go away. You can't tell me you hit them and immediately lost them, you just didn't even bother to try.

Tunneling to me means if you're only going to focus on me, whether you come back to me in one second or ten seconds, then you are a tunneler. So if I feel safe within those 10 seconds and try to be useful... well that's not allowed as now apparently! Nope, you guys get ruin and pop and stuff to pretty much murder a gen nearby the hook if no one else knows it's there but we can't work on it for even one second if we have DS unless we just want a wasted perk. But okay, next let's buff gen regression, nerf progression for you guys like you killer mains complain about all the time, but then "omg, you worked on the gen for ONE SECOND? GEN RUSHER! THAT COUNTS AS PROGRESS!!" Excuse me?

• Chicagopimp2019
    Chicagopimp2019 Member Posts: 458

If you heal under the hook, you are pretty much telling the killer the location of two survivors for free. Just because the killer returns to the hook doesn't mean that he is going after the unhooked survivor. In fact, I go after the unhooker to ensure more survivors are injured. Now, if the unhooker sneaks away and the only person i can find is the one who was on the hook, so be it. Im not going to pass on gaining map pressure because someone didn't want to take the aggro.

• panernaners
    panernaners Member Posts: 243

The new ds is going to make ds actually do what it intends to do punish tunnellers and reward nice killers.

I understand your problem with the change but all you have to do is be more patient and work around how the killer plays. If you think a killer might tunnel you then wait a second before doing anything. I know that that means you will be being a useless teammate for ten seconds but would you rather be a useless teammate for ten seconds or be dead?

Also if they have ruin or pop right after they hooked someone why would you want to work on a gen for one second it will do nothing and take away your ds when the tunneling killer comes back kind of a non issue. but if the killer doesn't have either taping a regressing gen is pretty good as it waste a killers time and possibly saves over a minute for the survivors if they comeback to that gen in time.

It might just be that I'm a whinny killer main but ds seems pretty fair after this change

• GoobyNugget
    GoobyNugget Member Posts: 698

I'm not sure about this, but I think healing means when you're healing someone else, not for someone healing you, I really don't know though, i'm not a dev.