Why do some killers complain about survivors kill themselves on hook?

Like it's a free win now why complain?

Comments

• dezzmont
    dezzmont Member Posts: 481

For one most of the people playing killers are the highly competitive type because of how grindy the game has gotten for killers. So someone suiciding on hook kinda sucks the fun out of it and puts you in a position to play out a lame game where you look like even more of the badguy. Last night I had two games with 2 DCs who quit when I won my first chase against them in the first 2 minutes of the match and I decided to just finish the game fast so I could play a real game and got so much hate post game.

The other thing is that hooks are an opening for the killer to snowball, especially late game. So someone suiciding on hook can suck the wind out of your sails, though its a valid tactic if gates are open or to get the hatch open, or otherwise to protect your teammates.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,146
    edited February 2021

Personally, I often don't play to kill. I just wanna chase the survivors, get some hooks, get some points, and have some fun. If I don't put too much pressure on survivors, the match can go quickly at a 4v1. If it's a 3v1, it takes a lot less pressure to slow survivors down, and then I get bored and it's like, okay, I guess I'll go get a drink or something and hopefully they'll actually finish the dumb gens while I'm away.

But that's me. For most killers, it's a matter of points, whether Bloodpoints or emblem points, because a survivor suiciding loses them two hook states and a lot of chases and hits, which can totally screw over some challenges and achievements (like killer adepts). Or ruin trying to get some mori challenge done.

Usually the ones complaining about survivors suiciding on hook are other survivors.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,160

I see the complaints but in most of my games the killers in red ranks seem to see how few hooks they need for a 4k, usually by staying near hook and chasing off any survivors that come near. 😂

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

Because it's no different than d/cing, only you don't get the penalty. You screw the survivor team over and the killer, it's just a dick move honestly.

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

Losing out on bloodpoints and it usually means the rest of the match is going to be easy. This myn't appeal to some but I want a challenge so it's just kinda boring tbh.

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985

In my matches when someone commits suicide, I think they are not competent but the truth bothers me because of the loss of blood points.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Idk, I would be more pissed if I were one of the three survivors left.

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731

Im guilty of this, every Freddy i face is a 1 hook from me. Fed up with his bs hits so i'd rather get out asap and onto the next game.

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784

Kind of ruins the whole match.

(Usually) makes it too easy for the killer, and it's just really, really unfair on the survivors.

There are things that I understand people suiciding over... but I won't go over them 👀

• brubli
    brubli Member Posts: 214

what's the fun in winning if you don't have to work for it? If you got anything important for winning in this game then maybe I'd care. As of right now I enjoy the struggle that comes with winning more than the win itself

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

1) it makes the match much more boring

2) the win doesn't feel as earned

3)hook suicides make me feel some kind of moral pressure to switch to farming mode or even letting the remaining survivors go. As someone who only plays soloq as Survivor, I hate hook suiciders with my guts, so as Killer I know how city it feels to lose the game to a teammate more than to the killer

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

It limits the bp you can get and inflates kill rates (which leads to killer Nerfs to protect the "balance")

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,177

As others have said, it severely limits the BP I get but primarily, it's just as much unfun to just curb stomp a group of survivors as it is to get a SWF Bully Squad on you. While it's certainly not impossible for three survivors if they're good enough to still pull it off, if someone DCs with 5 hooks left, the other three survivors are severely hamstrung.

It's not fun for those three survivors who are left and it's a big waste of my time as the killer.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

I don't know anymore, I really don't care if people DC, AFK, suicide on hook, I just play as I always do. Yeah its crappy to be in a survivor group when that happens but its not the killer's job the make up for it to ensure my fun, I just make the most of it and move on from either side.

I really want the new MMR to work so that people will hopefully get less focused on pips and ranks, its completely meaningless and is a big source of toxicity in the community.

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319
    edited February 2021

points from hooking them again, also pips for those that care about their rank, it affects one of the medals. some also wanna feel they're enjoying the gameplaya nd playing a full match, and they find thatd iscouraging. much like you do when a teammate does it I reckon. I'd take the kill though since I preferred to not pip if avoidable while still getting a fair amount of bp once I saw it was more fun for me to avoid the sweatier groups appearing as much

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

I hate when people do it when I am playing survivor.

I still hate when people do it when I'm playing killer.

Sympathy being the reason isn't hard to understand why killers would hate it as well.

• dummer33344
    dummer33344 Member Posts: 131

I always run dying light, but I'll hook my obsession if I need the pressure, and I never camp so I always expect the other ones to get the hooked survivor, but if they kill themselves, my plan falls apart, lol

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,191

I want to play the game. Winning and losing doesn’t matter. DC ruins it.

Simple as that.

• savevatznick
    savevatznick Member Posts: 651

I don't get my devout emblem points and I hate even the possibility of being rank 2.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

And people wonder why kill rates are high...

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

This. It's not as much fun if I only have to deal with three people almost right off the bat. I also empathize with the remaining three Survivors who are now at a huge disadvantage for something that is out of their control.

• SaintDorks
    SaintDorks Member Posts: 252

Killer pov: "Really man? You gonna leave your team hanging like that..I hooked you once and I am not even camping you."

Survior pov: "You no good spoiled jerk, I am sooo sorry I did not unhook you infront of the killer and wait til he left...Yeah,keep escape spamming like It is gonna make me come faster"

• Jejune
    Jejune Member Posts: 795

Hook suicide is survivor version of tunneling/camping.

Why killers complain about hook suiciding? Same reason why survivors complain about tunneling and camping...

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

We get points for hooking you, more than we get for you losing a state or dying on one hook

• TheDappaScrappa
    TheDappaScrappa Member Posts: 103

I can only speak for myself but because its annoying for me and the other survivors. I enjoy playing the game i enjoy the chases i enjoy having fun in the game. To me somebody so mad for whatever reason that the need to kill themself on hook it isn't about having a free win its about having somebody who is so salty that they have to ruin the game for 4 other people.

• ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352

Lol if we wanna kill ourselves on hook we can it's as simple as that.

Rank is meaningless in this game for the most part and seeing as everyone is forced to have ranking there's really no getting around it but for players like me who don't care AT ALL about rank it's hard to convince us to not kill ourselves on hook at certain times when things look bad.

I'm usually not one to give up but if I'm being camped why not?

If it's a basement build killer who is waiting to kill the rest of my team with me as bait why not?

Like there's just certain situations where I'd rather hurry to the next match and I have every right to just like a killer can dc if they want. Like I'm sorry but it's already selfish that killers are concerned with survivors killing themselves on hook to deprive them of points since killers already get more bloodpoints on average and that counts as a sacrifice. If they disconnect it would hurt way worse but ok go off.

• Laffle
    Laffle Member Posts: 82

It's ruins the match for 4 other people. Less points for everyone as well.

And seriously, a free win...? Do you honestly think like that? If every survivor instantly died as soon as the match started, would you consider that a win?

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

The fact that you even have to ask this question says a lot about you, and it isn't flattering. How about:

1. Killers are there to play a good game, to challenge themselves and have fun, not get a gimme.
    2. Most Killers also play Survivors and find people who leave their teammates in a lurch to be pathetic cowards.
    3. It seems a pathetic way to try and deny others Emblem and/or Bloodpoint advancement.

I could give you a lot of other reasons, but these are the most poignant. If you aren't interested in playing the game, don't que up. Pathetic losers quit and/or suicide on the hook. Is suiciding on the hook better than just disconnecting? Yes, marginally. But overall, it is the same lame out. You put the Killer in a position of either destroying the now 3v1 who don't really have a fighting chance, or having to basically waste time farming. You are taking the coward's way out and trying to put it all on the Killer to be the "bad guy" when in fact it is YOU that just killed your teammates.

• MrsMaliciousX
    MrsMaliciousX Member Posts: 736
    edited February 2021

Idk man..I don't see the difference in Someone killing themselves and a killer tunneling someone to death. I mean besides the killer getting more point but then the survivor is screwed. Damned if you do, damned if you don't 🤷 I'll kill my self on hook if I want tho 😂😂

• Exar
    Exar Member Posts: 46

Simple questions deserve simple answers - less blood points.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201

As killer I hate it because now I'm pressuring a new survivor and that survivor 80% of the time just doesn't even try. Now there's 2 survivors that I can just kill with the immense pressure a hook in a 3v1 affords.

As survivor knowing what I know as killer in that situation my job is to be the 20% that tries to run the killer. Now is the killer trying or is he just toying with me because he feels bad? Are we farming now because you can't catch me or you feel bad?

I'd rather move on to next game because I'm learning nothing.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,237

Remember the sacred statistics?

Each hook suicide is tracked as a Kill. thats enough reason to hate it, beside the obvious snowball potential to cause even more killer-skill unrelated kills or other suicides.

And boom another top killer nerfed because survivors rather kill themselves than learn.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

Those 2 options screw the survivor side the most.

Camped/tunneled? Bad for the person being camped and tunneled.

Survivor suiciding on hook? 3v1 is not easy, and 85% of the times it's a free 4k for the killer.

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193

Less bloodpoints and less fun.

• Orionbash
    Orionbash Member Posts: 765

For me it was mostly problematic when going for adepts. If a survivor kills themselves on first hook you have to hook every other survivor exactly three times to make sure you get Merciless. If two survivors do it, adept is no longer achievable.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    edited February 2021

Winning isn't everything. What's fun about a match that is a nigh-guaranteed win with no challenge because one player DCVed or killed themselves? Theres no stats page, no win rate. No ones going to care that you won that match but you for 5 whole seconds. You actually have to play like you're mentally deficient to even stand the slightest chance of losing a 3 man.

I just quit the match and search for another if a player hook suicides before the first 1 or 2 gens. Killer or survivor.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    edited February 2021

This is a good point.

Whilst I do detest current Freddy and hope to see them actually make him take an ounce of skill to play well with, I wonder if his and a few other killers kill rate is so astronomically high because nowadays most people see the stacked slowdown add ons and perks and just suicide on hook.

I'm guilty of it myself, if I turn on the game to have fun and get that 4 times in a row I'm just going ot play another game or something. Its not even malicious to try and inflate them for a nerf or something (thats conspiracy territory and I can't believe some people think thats actually possible small scale) its just that why stick around if you're not having fun?

• Asssblasster625
    Asssblasster625 Member Posts: 629

Free wins are no fun and you ######### over your teammates which usually just results in us farming with them and getting a free escape but still not all people will do that

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I don't know about others, but i don't consider a forfeit as my victory.

It's also just boring, and the balance of "waiting for match / playing the match" tips towards the former.

• Chchchcheryl
    Chchchcheryl Member Posts: 1,531

Being robbed of my iri devout emblem, dcing and killing yourself on hook essentially robs us of much needed hooks (I've depipped because three people suicided on hook before, I got four hooks that match and because that made it end so quick I couldn't make it up in other categories)

• Jejune
    Jejune Member Posts: 795

Yeah, but it doesnt matter... because nobody is doing anything about it. I prefer to suicide on hook rather than feed killer point/watch other survivors do literally nothing (not even unhooking me)

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624

Contrary to what you might believe, most people want to play the game, not necessarily win it.

That's why when you have an AFK killer I just quickly blitz the gens and leave. I don't bother farming. I queue up to play, not to hold M1 down all game with no sense of excitement. It's why even after people have opened the exit games and 3 people are free and 1 person is on hook or being chased, the other 3 don't instantly get out. They want to keep playing and pushing it, even if it means getting caught and killed (and that happens so very often). And it's why killers don't like free kills, they want the rush of chasing and catching and besting the enemy. Not free kills.

New players tend to just want the win and are totally fine with free kills. That's why you got newbs playing Campface Bubba. they just want wins. But most players on both sides actually want to play and are not interested in free wins.

• realflashboss
    realflashboss Member Posts: 328

Depends how the killer is playing, if I'm gonna get no BP anyway then why stay. Quit and get on with a more fun game

• toastcrusher
    toastcrusher Member Posts: 110

i kill myself on the hook more times then i want to. Why? simply because you can easily tell what kind of game your playing.

Is it a game that a real killer is out there to make the game fun, then your teammates or you are not gonna be downed within the first 10 sec off the game, or hanging in the basement...and i mean multiple teammates

so when a game starts with a killer who downs 2 or 3 teammates before a single gen has been touched....you know your match-up is there to piss you off...so why should i waste my time on this game? And the argument of screwing your teammates doesn't fly here...thank god for spectating...all my games i left all ended in what i saw coming, a game based on the fun for the killer and not letting survivors play the game. so who is really destroying the game then? Good thing to see that lots of survivors follow eachother and leave to.....when i see another dc or kill themself, i know the game that is coming, and i would rather thank another survivor for pointing out what i'm just about to find out for myself.