Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

How well does DbD run on Switch?

I got DbD on both PC and Ps4, and since i saw there's gonna be cross progression between PC and Switch i might buy it for this platform too for whenever i'm staying away from home.

So, is the performance good, bad or tolerable?

Best Answers

• uncreative_username
    uncreative_username Member Posts: 85
    Answer ✓

I got it last month and its not bad for me, I can't compare it to other platforms because I haven't played them but if you have a pro controller it's fine. Skill checks are fine and fps is also fine (atleast for me)

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,064
    Answer ✓

The most noticeable issue to me, personally, is a significant drop in graphics quality compared to other platforms. I have played in a while on switch but I've also heard of Framerate issues being addressed by the devs.

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221
    Answer ✓

I know you've already accepted an answer, but let me just say that..

• Switch graphics are so bad that survivor faces don't even load in when you're on the homescreen/in a lobby.
    • The maps are unbelievable dark for some reason compared to other platforms. This is a nightmare for killer.
    • If you think PS/Xbox lags, Switch is a whole different story. Skill checks make you lag, struggling on hook usually ends up in you dying because of lag, bloodlust makes you lag, etc.
    • Unless you have the pro controller/have it docked, the controls are so wonky & inefficient imo even if you rebind your actions.
    • Etc. I'd recommend saving your money unless you're REALLY craving it for on-the-go.
  • Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811
    Answer ✓

After tremendous efforts, I got a friend into trying DBD. He bought it for switch. The thing didnt even manage to launch DBD, so there´s that.

• nagikiko
    nagikiko Member Posts: 2
    Answer ✓

I play on switch almost primarily (with PC being the other platform), and the game runs fine for me. The graphics aren't fantastic, sure, and there seems to be more bugs than some of the other versions in general, but the performance is fine overall. I think it's worth it for the portability.

To be fair my home internet is quite good, but even with worse internet in other places I don't run into performance issues other than lag. There are a lot of bs hits on both the killer and survivor sides, definitely more than PC, but that comes with the territory of a less powerful console. It's choppy at times (and more choppy than pc) but honestly, after a few games, you get used to it fast. Skill-checks have some input lag sometimes, but again, you get used to it. I'm not sure how it compares to PS4, but honestly it might not be that different.

Also, drift is a problem if you use the joycons, but if you already have a functioning pro controller, drift isn't a problem.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763
    edited February 2021 Answer ✓

Same. Nintendo Switch is portable so the game isn't going to be as perfect with fps which is something you'd go in knowing and by knowing that it doesn't feel like a problem. I've been a switch player since it released and honestly I prefer playing dbd on my switch over pc. I only use the pc version for the ptb really. For people who say it's worse than mobile are dead wrong. I've played mobile and it's not good. It's not even comparable.

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723
    Answer ✓

The Switch is getting a Pro version soon so wait for that before getting it.

Answers