Will the Ds and OoO Nerfs kill this game?

Comments

• Venusa
    Venusa Member Posts: 1,481

Camping and tunneling is a core issue within the game and it was never solved by a perk (probably never will be). If a killer wants to tunnel you, he is going to tunnel you. I think in order to get rid of these killer "strategies" they would need to implement a new system into game's fundamentals.

• AceOfSpades1773
    AceOfSpades1773 Member Posts: 74

The only people I can see leaving the game due to this change is salty survivors, or incredibly toxic ones. Good! Don't let the damn door hit you on the way out.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

Anyone who thinks the game is going to die from the nerf of these two perks is hilarious.

• PeaceNGrease
    PeaceNGrease Member Posts: 673

Well, you see, thing is, when this game came out, Survivors were broken overpowered... So every step away from his golden era feels like a betrayal to the country he once knew.

• PeaceNGrease

But in a serious note.. Literally anytime a survivor complains even once about a bad nerf/change, you only have to bring up the pig

Almost every single survivor nerf had a reason behind it that made sense, even if misguided.. then there were the pig nerfs.

• PeaceNGrease

This doesn't make sense tho, since DS is still the ONLY perk that deals with tunneling. If you aren't using DS as an anti-tunnel perk, what are you replacing it with. This is exactly like killers saying they would never use Ruin again when it got it's massive change, except most killers stopped relying on a perk to solve their problems way before Ruin, so the complaining was somewhat less

• SkerpiTwitch
    SkerpiTwitch Member Posts: 327

So much tears, like if you are against the OoO and DS rework, then you have no clue whats going on with killer gameplay. NO CLUE!!

Ds and OoO are needed to make your survivor qeueus go lower, yes you heard it. Cause killers are absolute sick and tired of going against it. The way its going to be its like it shouldve been all along. The perks have been abused into oblivion for all the wrong reasons.

You'll see more killers, less qeueu time for survivors after the nerf, i guarantee it.

• SkerpiTwitch
    SkerpiTwitch Member Posts: 327

As a killer main, i absolutly hate DS.

But i feel like DS should be disabled when you are fully healed. Either by yourself or by your teamates. Not when you start healing, cause thats OP tbh, especially for killers who run Nurses calling.

All the rest is a good change

• Viktor1853
    Viktor1853 Member Posts: 943

no

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

I dont use DS and if I did after this change I would stop using it and go for something else.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,089

Survivors get nerfed since 2016. Not saying that those Nerfs are not justified, but Survivors got way more Nerfs than Killers. Even if Killers are always acting like the Devs are survivor-sided when one slight thing on the Killer Side gets nerfed.

(We will see in a few weeks when they address Freddy)

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

Survivor Q times are instant during the day at red ranks EU.

• FilthyLegionMain
    FilthyLegionMain Member Posts: 1,148

I'm guessing this is a joke since this english is at eng'r'ish levels of bad. No one will take you seriously if you don't fix that arse spelling and grammar.

• EclipsedMind
    EclipsedMind Member Posts: 26

Why though? It still deals with tunneling, what it’s meant for. Why change it out for something else after the nerf exactly, you’re still gonna be able to stab the Killer if they tunnel you.

• HectorBrando
    edited February 2021

Because after the change I cant even heal my saviour without losing it, it will punish Survivors for doing their objective or even doing secondary objectives.

• Another_LegionMain
    Another_LegionMain Member Posts: 399

The title was interesting, the comment you copied more so.

• HectorBrando

In that case you can go down and get slugged, thats how I deal today with bold DS users, especially the ones that follow you around to eat a hit, people being cocky with DS were already being punished.

Then again, main problem is not regular walking Killers like Myers or Doctor, is the racecars, the ones you think you are safe because they were far away and 5 seconds later are on top of you because they can cross the map in seconds.

• EclipsedMind
    EclipsedMind Member Posts: 26

If you manage to deal with Decisive Strike users like that, then you should also know that Unbreakable is used alongside it, meaning even if you slug them, they’ll get right back up and leave or 99% the recovery so someone can come pick them up. If you watch Killers at higher rank like Otzdarva deal with Decisive Strike and Unbreakable, you can see it’s very much a pain to try and play around, especially if the entire team has it and is communicating with each other. Each second counts in Dead By Daylight and if you get stabbed by 4 Decisive Strikes, you just wasted 20 seconds, almost guaranteed you lose the match.

• HectorBrando

Of course I know theyll be up, especially the people who are very keen on eating a hit, but someone slugged is someone slugged anyway they are still wasting time and either they use their Unbreakable or wait for someone to heal them and save it.

In any case the best way of dealing with bold DS users, especially the ones who follow around after an unsafe unhooks is to avoid them and go for the savior, odds are he will linger trying to bait you wasting time doing nothing at all.

The case you say is super rare and its more a problem with SWFs than DS itself, Im rank1 Killer, the SWAT squads abusing DS in abrasive ways are extremely rare, that being said I dont play the racecars and rarely tunnel so DS is usually a non-issue for me, cant remember the last time I ate one which wasnt intentional on my side like "I have 6 hooks and they fixed only 1 gen, lets get DS out of the way since Im doing good" and stuff like that.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,164

I realize queue times vary depending on region, day, time of day, and rank. Not everyone can play during the day, and I'm in central North America. Survivor queues aren't great even in the afternoon, and during the evening when I can play they're long as hell.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430
    edited February 2021

@Aven_Fallen

Honestly don't even try.

I am actually starting to think these forums are swarming with Killer mains who don't really care to listen to anyone else but themselves.

Instead they would rather make a meme or a joke about their opposite stance. Just watch how they treat a new forum member who might not be up to date on everything, claiming something is OP. None of them share the same respect, they show each other when talking about balance inequities.

Like, just think back when Ruin got nerfed, pages upon pages of complaints.... and regardless of how you feel about that specific nerf, there is a big segment of this community that will act like it's only survivors doing the complaining.

Survivors got Pallets nerfed, Structurally maps were nerfed by adding annoying dead ends.... core survivor mechanics. Meanwhile, Camping, Tunneling, and Slugging remain the exact same. So we ALL know survivors have been hit the nerf bat, and they have adapted.... but you are better off talking to a wall at this point.

• chadbeastofprey
    chadbeastofprey Member Posts: 437

i'm personally planning on not playing at all after next patch (i know that's not the ds nerf patch) because of the UI being pushed through despite all of the negative feedback. the ds nerf was just the cherry on top. (i don't mind the nerf that much but the games are hard/frustrating enough as a solo player)

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987

I think it’s worrisome considering how much of an issue tunneling is currently. It will only get worse.

• KateDunson
    KateDunson Member Posts: 714

The game will be a tunneling fest, so yeah, the salt will be increased and tons of players especially casual will drop the game. Me personally I don't care, i play survivor only for challenges and dailys

• PeaceNGrease

My man, you're delusional. The reason survivors got most of their nerfs were due to actual balance issues. There was no reason to nerf pig, but they nerfed her. They didn't have to nerf Trappers bear traps to the point you can walk past them in a narrow corridor, but that's what happened.

You keep talking like survivors have it the worst because they received nerfs as well. And what are you survivor only players doing right now? Forum post after forum posts crying about DS nerf. The only difference between now and the Ruin nerf, is that killers who didn't use the dn perk didn't cry about it because it didn't effect them. Meanwhile, every survivor jumping out the woodwork complaining they can no longer forward their progress at the expense of the killer (because that's literally all the proposed nerf changes do) complaining about a change to a perk I'm sure they hate to admit they need every game.

All this talk about killer sided this and that.. lmao you must not have been here when survivors were planning to boycott the game because if Freddy didn't get nerfed (which ended up happening because survivors actually did it..)

• PeaceNGrease

So basically you're complaining about something you don't even use? Thanks for providing evidence.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

@PeaceNGrease

You got anything actually substantial to say? I love how you bring up Pig's nerf as if that is the only example we have of killers that needed adjustments.

I am pretty sure this conversation is about survivors adapting not dissecting that was nerfed.

Seriously if you don't have anything actually worth reading, go bother someone else.

• HectorBrando

Because its a perk that depends on Killer actions to be used, I dont tunnel so people using DS against are playing with 3 perks, I apply that logic to what I equip, I tend to avoid RNG based perks like Hexes and perks that you are not guaranteed to get to use them like DS or Deliverance. And me not using a perk now doesnt mean I didnt use them in the past.

That doesnt mean I cant have an opinion on them or acknowledge they are good/bad or if the changes are justified or not, I dont use Undying and I believe the change they are making to it is wrong.

• ILoveDemo
    ILoveDemo Member Posts: 681

Sounds like everytime a Killer perk gets Nerfed/fixed.

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

You know man has good baits when even scott falls for it LMAO.

• ILoveDemo

Come on that's not the same, Undying is just overkill since it came out without any counterplay.

• ILoveDemo
  • Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

Scott Jund, if you don't know him search him up. He's sometimes questionable with what he says but sometimes he's alright.

If it isn't bait then take this, I'll put it in black and white:

The new DS changes have changed DS so you cannot sit on a gen for 60 seconds and get free progress even if the killer comes to contest. The "chase another survivor" argument has so many holes in it I could make a 10 page essay on why it's not a viable tactic under high level circumstances.

Your idea that survivors are weak has been tested and completely disproved by high level players, with most tournaments having strict rulesets for survivors (no more than 2 of the same perks) and plenty of clips showing how a killer can lose due to unlucky map RNG or 1 tiny mistake. In fact maps alone have been proven to be survivor sided in most cases, hence why only about 4 maps are used in scrims and tournaments. The only reason you might think survivors are weak is because of trash matchmaking, which is not a good base to form a strong opinion on.

Your ideas that BHVR only cater to killers are also pretty wrong. Both sides have been nerfed both years ago and in recent months. Whether you think that the devs cater to one side is up to you, but to say they ONLY cater to said side is incorrect.