Genuine Question

kriemhild
kriemhild Member Posts: 34
edited February 2021 in General Discussions

Every time I face a killer who facecamps, tunnels, and/or slugs to kingdom come, I find out they were a red rank. Now, that's not to say every red rank player is toxic. I'm sure most red ranks are perfectly pleasant. However, in my experience, the majority of toxic players I face happen to be red rank. To me, that indicates that they got to where they are via toxic gameplay.

So I wonder: Is this method of gameplay the only way to reach rank 1? I'm curious. Is "toxic" playing good playing?

Comments

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

There is no such thing as playing toxic, you may have to get your hands a little dirty but not all the time.

But I guess the definition of toxic has changed a lot.

Let me break it to you a little bit.

Sometimes tunneling is the right choice, it is not fun for the survivor side.

Facecamping, well...... You lose emblem points.

Slugs in the other side is pretty common, sometimes you need to slow down the tempo of the match.

• Terro
    Terro Member Posts: 1,171

I think playing toxic is going out of your way to purposefully get a reaction out of ppl. The thing with tunneling and even slugging is that killers usually have to make a conscious decision not to tunnel (the really broad definition of tunnel not the og one) or slug. While most of the time face camping is the opposite.

• Jamlpr
    Jamlpr Member Posts: 107

Bad players will always resort to bad tactics. It’s just the way it is fam

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Camping, tunneling and slugging is normal gameplay just like repairing gens at all times even while injured.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Not even remotely. Sometimes it's the right play to camp, often it's the right play to slug, and very rarely it's the right play to tunnel. But killers that just do all of these are killers that go against potatoes or altruistic teams that don't want their teammates to be miserable.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

The role of killer is to capture, sacrifice, and prevent the escape of the survivors.

There is no official rule that tunnelling isn’t allowed, or is toxic.

• Jholla31
    Jholla31 Member Posts: 253

I played a Clown game for a daily recently. One 2 man swf, 2 solos (as later confirmed after post game messaging). I tunneled the rank 14 Claudette in the swf out of the match, because if I hadn't, it would have been an easy game over. With two gens left and three survivors left, I ended up with a 4k. I apologized for tunneling Claud, but they understood where I was coming from as far as map pressure and structure of the game was involved. Sometimes, but rarely, tunneling, camping, proxying, etc. is necessary. That doesn't mean every red rank killer plays every game that way.