Uses for the proposed OoO

Aneurysm
Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
edited February 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

I like the idea of the change, but in what situations will it be that useful (apart from letting you know what aura perks the killer has, like with distortion)

With the most popular aura perk, BBQ it's not especially useful. You know where the killer is when someone gets hooked and kindred will give you the same info.

With undying it'd be nice enough to let you know if you actually have time to break the totem, although we don't know how often we'll see undying in the future.

Godly with nurse's calling, although not with most of the stealth killers who like using it. But with hag, huntress, slinger, Myers, def.

Then the addons, not useful with wraith, pig and Myers' aura reading, more so with doc or huntress.

Anything I'm missing apart from the more niche stuff? (RIP territorial imperative)

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Bbq will work as a mini kindred to know who the killer is going towards and to know where another survivor is

can’t forget I’m all ears. Easy chase aura reading

retribution will work in your favour knowing who the killer is going to

seems pretty good to me

• Aneurysm

Good points, although I rarely see I'm all ears or retribution

A couple of killer addons I forgot were plague's black incense and Oni's iri glove one, with those it'll basically be current OoO 😅

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Actually forgot about clowns middle finger aura addon. That will be annoying to use when I use it

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,976

Let me give you a full list of places where OoO is useful against, or at the very least easily confirms it's usage:

Perks:

I'm All Ears

BBQ

Nurses(massive one)

Bloodwarden(before the killer can hook someone)

Deerstalker(I mean, not THAT useful, but still a perk confirmation)

Retribution(massive one too)

Undying

Lightborn

Territorial Imperative

Addons:

All Seeing Blood

Scratched Mirror

Vanity Mirror(which is already kinda bad as you still have a Red Light AND decreased movementspeed, imagine now having practically permanent aura readings against a stealth build, sure, OoO already does that, but at least current OoO is rare, the new OoO would be a meta perk)

Glass fragment addons

Amanda's Letter

Amanda's Secret

Renjiro's Bloody Glove

Hellshire Iron

Tattoo's Middle Finger

Leprose Lichen(which is very niche, sure, but it would be utterly useless once new OoO is meta)

Glowing Concoction

Restraint addons

Hag's Willow addons

Essentially, there is going to be no reason not to run it. They better make it so that the perk doesnt light up whenever your aura is being shown, which I would assume would be the case. It already heavily impacts niche builds that are only effective because you dont know you are being watched. Even Distortion has limited uses and you dont necessarily know WHY Distortion is being triggered, let alone showing you where the killer is.

It basically means that, as a killer, if you want to use Aura based builds, you're going to need Third Seal.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Not only will it tell you every survivor aura reading ability the killer has, it lets you counter it indirectly. I'm All Ears? Now you have the same wallhacks! BBQ? Give them false info and know if they're coming for you! Nurses Calling? You know when to pack up and run and when to finish healing! Literally any of the aura reading add-ons? Either the BBQ treatment, the I'm All Ears treatment, or both!

Seriously, it's a good perk. I hope this is the change it gets, because it is still powerful. As in, maybe still the most powerful aura reading perk in the game. Sure, you might have trials where you aren't the obsession and the killer has no survivor aura reading perks, but that's still OoO value.

• Chchchcheryl
    Chchchcheryl Member Posts: 1,531

Basically makes it a better version of distortion, this means distortion NEEDS a rework because its basically redundant (as its only real use was exposing what aura reading the killer has and allowing you a chance to play against that before they can use it on you), new OoO is distortion with aura reading thrown in if you aren't the obsession, you also get the additional effects if you are the obsession, distortion is now redundant and the downsides of OoO aren't strong enough to use Distortion instead for safety! Even when OoO doesn't show auras because of undetectable you still get the info that they can see your aura at that given time!

It additionally becomes an easy hard counter to IAEars and aura reading addons! It does the same effect as kindred basically with BBQ so you don't have to use Kindred for a perk slot (unless you want coordination value) because most killers use BBQ and you'll see which direction they go!

Additionally with really heavy aura reading builds (or addons like bloody glove and black incense) it'll basically be current OoO and gives more accommodation to the survivor to play around it than it does the killer to play around what the survivor is doing!

• Aneurysm

I think a clever Myers with scratched mirror could definitely use it against them, with OoO just becoming a less reliable spine chill. Once you suspect or confirm they have it, just sneak up on them without stalking and they'll probably feel secure with the perk not lit up.

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568

Also such a rare perks as Bitter Murmur, Hangman's Trick, Territorial Imperative, Nemesis.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

I was reading the screenshot with the OoO rework, but I don't understand what it has to do with hex perks and aura reading perks from killer? anyone?

• Aneurysm
    edited February 2021

This version would make you see the killer's aura whenever they see yours. It's not related to hex perks normally but undying will show the survivor's aura to the killer when they're near a dull totem, so it'll work in that case too.

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448

well it will show your aura when the killer sees yours not only with those perks but also every 30sec ^^

• CLB198
    CLB198 Member Posts: 315

wouldn't scratched mirror not count because it makes the shape stay undetectible?

• Predated

The BBQ play for false info is already done untill the killer is confirmed to not have BBQ, so that doesnt really matter too much. The bigger harm to BBQ is that it essentially gives survivors who run OoO also Kindred for 4 full seconds. The rest, yeah, pretty accurate. Especially since only 1 survivor has the "downside" of being shown every 30 seconds, even though you can hide behind gens or inside a locker for that short moment.

New OoO is probably going to be the main 4th perk instead of Adrenaline. I mean, what is 1 free health state compared to fully countering Nurses Calling?

• Predated

Let me quote myself: "They better make it so that the perk doesnt light up whenever your aura is being shown, which I would assume would be the case."

Right now, OoO also lights up regardless if the killer is undetectable or not. Giving you information that the killer was on your screen(even inside . This is why on Midwich, even stealth killers have issues catching up with OoO users as they simply use the perk lighting up as information on where you are as a killer. Only Hag, Nurse and Freddy had ways around the OoO, the rest of the killers it simply was a matter of how quick they were able to close the gap. Even Billy, Spirit, Blight and Legion who could catch up quite fast, still only began the chase by catching up as survivors would go into the side rooms to start looping. Even a Wraith, who would be fully invisible to the OoO user, could be ran around the second floor for 3 minutes before he caught up with OoO.

So assuming that part remains the same, the survivor would know they are being seen by the killer, giving them reason to pay more attention to their surroundings and no longer be caught off guard. Sure, you still have the element of surprise on WHERE you are coming from, but there is no more the element of WHEN you are coming, which is the biggest reason Scratched Mirror even works. Spine chill is already deadly and that one works regardless if you know if the survivors are there or not, let alone that you can play around that quite easily by side-eyeing and moonwalking. You couldnt play around the aura reading from Scratched Mirror as they are always shown even if its outside your vision. Meaning there is no way to get around it.

Essentially, in the case of Spine Chill you use the aura reading to get their position and then use your FOV to manipulate their expectations. In the case of OoO lighting up whenever your aura is visible cannot be manipulated in the same way. Survivors will be given the information that you are likely coming for them within the next 20 seconds, so all they need to do is work on a gen for 20 seconds and then start moving away. If it triggers more than once, odds are that the killer is around the corner and its smart to move instantly. It would slow down gens being popped, sure, but it puts t1 myers at even a bigger disadvantage than he already is. I mean, IMO 105% movement speed, no lunge and extremely slow stalking movement is already disadvantageous enough to a point where you can loop him for eternity, causing him to only be good on indoor maps anyway. If the map is anything else than an indoor map, you're essentially ######### even if you use PWYF and NOED to compensate for the lack in movement speed. That is how "bad" that addon already is. So having a potential meta-perk even giving it more disadvantages, including the fact that 1 killer map offering can be fully cancelled by 1 survivor map offering, makes t1 myers even worse than it already is(while also using up the map offering, meaning you literally spend refreshing your bloodweb 10 times for nothing).

I DC on about 10% of my t1 myers matches already due to map offerings being in survivor's favor quite often(I mean, t1 myers on shelter woods? Might aswell dc and wait 5 minutes without the stress of losing all 5 gens before even hooking 1 survivor), so having that OoO essentially fully negate stealthy gen grabs would sting extremely hard as you literaly cannot afford to dedicate to any chase.

• Predated

Well, thing is:

I can confirm spine chill, side-eye aura's and manipulate my FOV to get closer without them getting suspicious.

With the new OoO, you need to be alert for pretty much 30 seconds in the case the myers doesnt stalk in the case he is coming to you, with 2 OoO readings within 20 seconds pretty much guaranteeing he is coming your way.

Essentially, you cannot really manipulate OoO and get the location of survivors without them ever suspecting a thing. You will either need to waste more time per survivor to lower their suspicion(which means higher risk of losing the game), or start guessing where survivors are, stalk quickly and hope you were correct.

• Nossy
    Nossy Member Posts: 118

Your also fogot Bitter murmur, Rancor (and maybe more I didn't think myself), of course there is no reason to not run it cause its a massive buff to my pov.

And like you said, 3rd seal could have been a (very good) counter to this new situation but its an Hex, so it will mostly last 1 minute 90% of game (at high lvl).

And since we don't know yet if it will not work with undetectable status (perk or power) it may be even more powerful.

At least old OoO didn't work inside TR so it had a counter once you close the gap, I understand that some killers was feeling that it was a pain (like trapper's player) but as a killer main who like to play almost all killer alternately, I'd prefer they keep it the way it is rather than completly kill 20ish killers perk and 15ish add on.

• Predated

Well, They dont give too much information. The biggest issue with OoO, was when a survivor had OoO while hiding behind a generator or something, giving the person who is being chased absolute perfect counterplay as no matter what the killer tries to pull off by hiding red light, that survivor can and will pass on that information that there is moonwalking going on.

Other than that, while it does counter Killer aura readings hard, I dont think it really destroys them tho. All I want for the new OoO is to NOT light up when your aura is being shown to the killer as it would completely negate the power of Spine Chill.

• Nossy
    edited February 2021

Yeah thats true that sfw with 1 or 2 OoO could give some information thats messes with killer mindgame but like i said it had a counter, they can not do it close cause of TR so their Intel was incomplete (they cant see where the walls are except maybe in some empty part of certain map) and it was a rare occurrence cause OoO was a risky perk once the killer close the gap,also it didn't prevent the OoO himself to be mindgammed like the new one.

Now with the proposed changes I'm sure at least 3 on 4 survivors will have it so as killers, it will be very hight risk to use aura reading (especially close or long/infinite one like NC, I'm all ears, nemesis, undying, middle finger, vanity mirror etc...). Rn, there is only a few survivors perks that have aura reading cause aura reading is mostly for killers (who have supernatural powers) and survivors have notifications, TR and Red light (cause they developped sharp instinct).

But this perk as presented for now is too much, the OoO will be basically immune to mindgame every 30s (cause if the surv see the killer behind a wall, it doesnt matter the killer see him, its always an advantage for the surv) + every surv who run it will turn aura reading into their advantage so pentotially 20ish perk and equal add-on will become survivors aura reading perks for free.

• Aneurysm

I'd only just thought of it bc I was only thinking about killer perks but the synergy with mettle of man would be insane if you can pull it off (which I'd try to do every match until I managed it)

• Predated

"it doesnt matter the killer see him" really? You do realize that seeing each others aura means mindgames on both sides are fully negated? A survivor cant mindgame when their aura is being shown. A survivor trying to mindgame right before their aura is being shown will be downed instead of gaining 15 seconds in chase

• Nossy

Killers Mindgame, Survivors Readgame (react to mindgame), Mindgame exist cause of red light, never seen a survivors that had a red light...So Its not negated, reacting to mindgame when you see the killer through walls is just ez + thats the survivors which is in the control of it (he see the cd of next seing each other happen, decide when to fast vault, decide when he heal etc...).

Note that without the new OoO, I didn't say that Readgame is easier than Mindgame, in fact I even think Readgame can be harder at high lvl, cause its mostly killers who is in control of the chase.