Perks You Really Enjoy Using

So I'm making this post because I wanted to get a general idea of what perks everyone likes using! I'd like answers from people who play Killer and Survivor so that there's a varied amount of answers. Personally, I've really been enjoying using Autodidact on Survivor and as for Killer I've really been enjoying Mindbreaker. What's your favourites and why? Let's take perks that are in the meta (DS, UB, BT, etc.) out of the equation here too.

Comments

• Beelzeboop
    Beelzeboop Member Posts: 1,306

Killer main here.

Trial of Torment (+Surveillance, sometimes). I even made it my profile pic.

Whispers. If you can tell where I am without looking, I should be allowed to as well.

Sloppy Butcher + Deathbound/Nurses Calling/Bloodhound. The synergy is great, even if it isn't very strong.

BBQ and Chili + Make Your Choice. Keeps me from "camping" and "tunneling" when I don't intend to.

Spies In The Shadows. I don't have I'm All Ears yet.

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221

I've been liking Blood Pact on survivor because although it's pretty useless, I just like the idea of being bonded with the obsession & sticking together the entire match, if they're a good teammate anyways.

I've also been liking Rancor on killer because hunting the obsession at the endgame is usually pretty fun/intense for them. Whenever I see the killer has Rancor & I'm the obsession, I get scared too. Hell, one time when my friend was the obsession & the killer had Rancor, I missed my DS on purpose because I wasn't about to be mori'd later.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

Aftercare as a solo this is often my bread and butter yeah it's just info but i like running healing builds and also having prove thyself so good heals and efficient gens.

Aftercare, prove thyself, we'll make it, and either an exhaustion perk, DS, or whatever i feel like really.

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

I love using wake up. It's so helpful in the end when the doors are powered, and I have helped teammates escape because of it. And pair it with spine chill and maybe Resilience your getting out.

• EclipsedMind
    EclipsedMind Member Posts: 26

Survivor: Botany Knowledge. Always loved being the healer of the group and while their are perks that heal faster than it, it’s a perk that isn’t as limited as the others like We’ll Make It, which you need to unhook a Survivor to activate.

Killer: Save The Best For Last. Just amazing on many killers who don’t have a secondary option to downing Survivors and even then, it’s still amazing for those who do.

• BeHasU
    BeHasU Member Posts: 830

For killer: Save The Best For Last - - I just love it on my Demo, it's so good.

For Survivor: I like Iron Will, i have it in every build. I also run Plunderers almost every game because free nice items for 3 survivors.

• Lexilogo
    Lexilogo Member Posts: 587

Agitation. I kind of have an unhealthy relationship with speeding things like it up anyway, but there's the occasional scenario where a Survivor thinks they can screw with me while I'm carrying someone and I can slap them with my increased movespeed.

• Asssblasster625
    Asssblasster625 Member Posts: 629

Overcharge bc it works with my doc build. I also don’t have pop yet

• Karao_Ke

Pop & Overcharge is really good together imo considering most survivors don't see it coming. It's even better on Doc because the madness makes the skill checks waaay harder to hit, especially if you're running the impossible skill-check build.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

In terms of which perk I run a lot, definitely Whispers. With most killers, I just can’t play without this perk. BBQ is definitely up there because of the bloodpoints and the information it gives.

Devour Hope has gotta be the most fun to use perk. When that totem is up, it can get so out of hand but the risk reward it provides is why I love it so much. Can’t wait til Undying’s nerf so I can use it with Devour Hope.

• Asssblasster625

That’s the exact build I’ve been using and to my surprise people just don’t cleanse my lullaby

• DawnMad
    DawnMad Member Posts: 1,030
    edited February 2021

Killer - Save The Best for Last or Spirit Fury+Enduring are both my favorite setups.

Survivor - Autodidact and Head On are the perks I have most fun with.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

Killer: Save the best for last is such a satisfying perk to use

Survivor: Distortion is a nice perk to use, y'all are sleeping on it

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

Better Together

Iron Maiden (exclusive to Huntress)

• Meg_Main
    Meg_Main Member Posts: 28

surbibor is to stronk!!:Distortion. Love watching at a distance when some killers with BBQ don't see me so they convince themselves that I am somewhere nearby and start patrolling the area like a prison guard. I like to run autodidact as well because at full stacks 1 skillcheck can fully heal.

kilur op: I like to run Haunted Grounds on Pig. Not the strongest of perks, but it usually gets cleansed at the beginning of the match and I can see where someone is. I also like to use corrupt because it serves as a timer as well for when I should have a down or at least some hits. BBQ is a good information perk and also helps alleviate the grind.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762

Mindbreaker 100%, it's a massively underrated perk and I adore it ever since the buff. Surveillance too; it's been used recently more than before but I love it- also Surge. When combined with Surveillance, Surge becomes ######### glorious and even without Surveillance, Surge is an amazing time-saving perk.

As survivor ir's just, WGLF. As you know far too well stacks = stacks and I'll do anything to get them, but since the 100% healing buff was added it's become a genuinely amazing perk too, to help counter slugging.

• TripleSteal
    TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298

Whispers for killers and WGLF for survivors.

• tomas11403
    tomas11403 Member Posts: 121

Any Means Necessary is quite fun for survivor, for killer I enjoy surge. Not an incredibly strong perk, but its really the only slowdown i run in many of my builds

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

I've recently started running Agitation as a standalone perk (on rank 1). I thought it would be a waste of a perk slot compared to the typical slowdown meta but damn... Agitation really impacts matches consistently because:

- it counters bodyblocking SWF teams

- it counters Breakout-Sabo-Squads

- it allows you to save a few seconds every single time you hook somebody allowing you to get back to the gens more quickly. I have managed to defend so many 90+% gens just because I got there in time after hooking someone.

- it counters people that run to hook-free areas. I had a survivor run to the "basement" of Badham Preschool and the basement didn't spawn down there. The survivor purposely got downed next to the oven thinking I wouldn't make it to a hook outside because of the breakable wall upstairs. Well, guess what... I zoomed and even passed another survivor who was waiting outside to bodyblock me.

- sometimes you down someone near a 90+% generator and another injured survivor will try to finish the gen in your face since you're "normally" unable to do anything with a survivor on your shoulder. It throws them off big time everytime I pick someone up and suddenly chase after them. Not only does it get them by surprise but it's hilarious to see as well making it a double-win for me.

- it pretty much allows you to pick a hook of your choice. If the basement is anywhere near I can turn the match into Bubba's basement with just that 1 perk.

I'm totally addicted to Agitation and will keep it in my loadout for a while.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

I am a discordance addict. I just can't seem to get it out of my build.

Survivor, I am constantly changing, looking for a build that I like. I have recently been using the fast healing build. WGLF, We'll Make it, Botany, and either Deliverance or DH. Ranger kit with gel dressing and tape. Pretty fun build. I have been thinking of trying fixated with sprint burst.

Anyone run those, can give me an opinion?

• unluckycombo
    unluckycombo Member Posts: 582

For Survivor, some of my personal favourites are Iron Will, Flip-Flop, Ace in the Hole, Plunderer's Instinct, Prove Thyself, and Balanced Landing. I love getting good free items with Ace+Plunderers, Prove Thyself helps encourage teammates to do gens with me while giving extra BP, Flip-Flop can be pog with decent set up, Iron Will doesn't need an introduction, and Balanced Landing is my favourite exhaustion perk. I'm also quite partial to the Quick and Quiet, Head On, Inner Strength combo.

For Killer, I love Make Your Choice, I'm All Ears, Haunted Grounds, (Not sure if this counts as 'Meta' but) Thanataphobia, Surveillance, and Hex:Retribution. Make Your Choice and Haunted Grounds have fun Insta-down chances, I'm All Ears is great for loops and getting the upper hand at strong tiles, Thana for easy gen slowdown that's passive and counterable, Surveillance for gen protection, and Retribution for the easy clap info when I'm running Totem builds. (Goes great with Haunted Grounds too!)

• Karao_Ke

You're the luckiest man in the world, you should go play the lottery.

No seriously, my lullaby is gone within 30 seconds every single time lol.

• Asssblasster625

I was in a match last night where I downed someone in front of it while 3 people were left and they still didn’t cleanse. Idk why

• Karao_Ke
    edited February 2021

I guess the entity just decided to bless you with oblivious survivors😂

• TheMidnightRidr
    TheMidnightRidr Member Posts: 599

For Survivor:

Kindred + Open Handed. I feel it is a severely underrated combo that is only going to get stronger in the next patch. Not only being able to see your teammates or they see each other when you're on the hook, but being able to see the killer's aura from 24 and soon to be 32 meters away is crazy. The killer has no clue you have wallhacks from that far and it can really turn the tide of a chase. Plus Kindred just makes solo queue a tad less frustrating with being unhooked.

For Killer:

Fire Up + Brutal Strength. It's not practical, but I've found some use for it with Clown. The idea is throwing the bottle when they toss a pallet so they'll be slowed, then depending on the progress of the game, you break the pallet very quickly and catch up much faster. Again, it's not practical, particularly Fire Up, but I have fun just smashing pallets super quickly. Plus the pick up speed is a nice plus, makes it difficult to be flashlighted.

• Crypticghoul
    Crypticghoul Member Posts: 571
    edited February 2021

Survivor: Breakout is pretty fun but I rarely run it because I just can't fit it into my build. Stacking We're Gonna Live Forever is also pretty fun and can make post-gate altruism plays worth more than escaping if I end up dying for it.

Killer: Save the Best for Last feels really satisfying and I try to run Whispers and BBQ all the time because I hate stealth and like knowing where to go after a hook.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

kindred

Since I am a solo queueing survivor, I need this perk.

• malatruse
    malatruse Member Posts: 784

Kindred is a must when I'm playing survivor. I also like running Stake Out because I am bad at hitting great skill checks.

As killer, STBFL is great against overly-altruistic survivors. I also run Discordance on most killers for early pressure.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

Q&Q, DWM and Lithe. Though if I run all 3 I am hoping that I find a good vault when I am being chased.

• lkalin91
    lkalin91 Member Posts: 150

I love running pharmacy, I think it's legit better than self care, I'd rather have one quick heal than to spend 32 seconds ( 40 with sloppy ) self caring. Also less chance that killer will bring franklin's if they see lobby full of items, which happens frequent.

• Freddo
    Freddo Member Posts: 139

Hope, Lightweight, Spine chill and Small game.

Hope mostly, ######### awesome to get it to work and run fast.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

I stick to information builds as survivor, so I really love using Open Handed. I usually regret taking it off when I still run aura reading perks.

• xSymantha
    xSymantha Member Posts: 58

For survivor, I have been really enjoying For The People. I play solo queue pretty much 100% of the time, and I would rather die than my teammates. If I know a killer is coming back to the hook as I am unhooking the person, I can quickly give that person my health state and put the target on my back. Also, can be good for points, many situations, creates an obsession, and love seeing the confusion of my teammates standing there not knowing what happened and why they can't heal me lol.

For killer, I always run Overcharge in my builds. Partially because I never really care to try Ruin builds, and it works for me. Sometimes I pair it with Brutal Strength if I don't have other perks on a killer

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

I'm loving using the full meme build for survivor, locker build to be specific.

QnQ, head on, deception and inner strength, it is so underrated that it is fun, sometimes killers think you are not in the locker, sometimes you are in the locker then bam head on.