Should No Mither get buffed or reworked?

Options
IWasLeft2Die
IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
edited February 2021 in Polls

No Mither is an interesting perk to me in concept but you just give up sooo much for so little. I was wondering if people think it needs changed at all.

Id personally want to add a big bloodpoint bonus with it for people who survive with it since its basically hard mode with minimal benefits. I think it would encourage people to try it more and would make the sacrifices it demands much more worth it.

Should No Mither get buffed or reworked? 75 votes

Needs buffed
30%
GHERBEARRULESShrimpTwiggsAven_FallenMangoSskMattie_MayhemOGAwkward_FiendcynicalMadLordJackBigbubbabam270BrequeLumpytoadNoOneKnowsNovaGannTMShirokinukatsukamiQwQwDistortedDreamWolfKannTimo_______RIWasLeft2DiexSymantha 23 votes
Needs reworked
62%
Moonlight616HorsePowerAdelooTapeKnotDimek[Deleted User]Leonardo1itaFeryGENFreddoTaigaAhoyWolfInsaneCoasterRoboMojoBuddhaBingtenoresaxCleviteEathianRothlonThicc_Boi_MyersChurchofPig 47 votes
Fine as is
6%
GibberishBlueberryKiwayaragamiOdino 5 votes

Comments

• Tinker
    Tinker Member Posts: 94
    Options
    Needs reworked

Rework... you put your whole team in danger with this perk. No perk should work like this.

• InsaneCoaster
    InsaneCoaster Member Posts: 305
    Options
    Needs reworked

It's just a poorly designed perk that has no proper use outside of using it for the memes. Hopefully it'll get a rework soon.

• IWasLeft2Die
    Options
    Needs buffed

Monstrous shrine feels like the killer equivalent to me. Id love for both to be revisited and made worth using (although monstrous shrine has slightly more use)

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221
    Options
    Needs reworked

No Mither is probably the most one-sided survivor perk in the game, with the risk being high and the reward being little.

I honestly don't think there's much they can buff to make it even slightly better, so I personally would prefer an entire rework.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,600
    Options
    Needs buffed

No Mither does not need a Rework IMO. It is meant to be a hard-mode.

What I would buff:

• No Blood Orbs against Oni-->Yeah, a team of 4 No Mithers can remove his power, but this will never happen. And if, he is a M1-Killer, but against a bunch of Onehits... But if someone takes No Mither, this is basically a wet dream for every Oni-Player, the team already has a constant Onehit-Survivor, but mass-production of Blood Orbs should not add to this.
    • 100% Injured Reduction-->Easy, 100% Injured Sound Reduction so that you are not forced to use Iron Will. You cannot go on Chases that much with No Mither, so you need to be stealthy, but since it only reduces grunts of pain by 50%, you need Iron Will. 100% reduction would free up one Perk Slot
    • Bonus BPs-->I dont know how many and where exactly, but I would say 100% in Boldness and 100% in Altruism sounds quite nice (with No Mither being an altruistic Perk)
  • Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221
    Options
    Needs reworked

I'm with ya on that bloodpoint bonus. Run it with WGLF & we'll be getting as many points as a killer usually does.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,721
    Options

I think it would be great if they added +25% bloodpoint gained on this.

We dont want greedy players using this but we want those who wanna challenge themselves to take it.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    Options
    Needs reworked

I feel like it could be an interesting perk, maybe it could do with protection hits or something idk but I think it can definitely be changed to be a useful perk. It should definitely encourage altruism in some way that rewards you.

• bubbabooey
    bubbabooey Member Posts: 32
    Options
    Needs reworked

At least make the grunts reduced by 100. Still, starting with 1 hitpoint is such a big drawback it needs so much more to make it worth it.

• boostedsurvivormain
    Options
    Needs reworked

It needs a full rework. A number change really can't make the perk good.

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,055
    Options
    Fine as is

The only thing I would add to it is making it give you a massive BP bonus if you manage to escape with it. Like multiplying your BP by 300%.

It's a challenge perk, it's not supposed to be good.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,740
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Needs reworked

This one feels like a difficult question. I think when they designed the perk they wanted it to sorta be like "Hard Mode" for the survivors if they chose to run the perk. However, it does feel like it's missing SOMETHING to make it feel complete. I think a rework could give it that something it's missing and possibly make it better.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options
    Needs buffed

Just make it so that the survivor spawns full health, can't be healed but doesn't have the broken status. Suddenly it's a scary, repeatable anti-snowball perk that good killers will nevertheless see coming.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    Options
    Needs reworked

No Mither has lots of problems in its current form:

1. It is telegraphed to the Killer that you have it because you start injured.
    2. The Killer isn't stupid and knows they haven't hit you yet, so they don't just slug you.

There are more but these are key. If the Perk were to be reworked it should do the following:

1. Someone with No Mither, while already injured, doesn't LOOK injured.
    2. If hit they don't immediately fall down. They will take on the look of being injured and be able to continue acting for a number of seconds based on current Rank, i.e. 6, 8, and 10 respectively. Once time runs out (or they are hit again within said time frame) they fall down into the dying state. This at least gives them a chance to keep up the ruse of not having the Perk.
    3. Once they get back up, either because of the Perk or being healed, they go back to LOOKING uninjured.

Can the Killer figure it out? Sure, but it at least lets the No Mither Player start the game with some mystery. It allows, for example, at least one surprise Dead Hard if the two Perks are in combination. When it boils right down to it, this Perk is "Unbreakable" with unlimited uses that you pay for by playing the game injured all match. The least they can do to make it useful is allow some level of mystery/cover that you have the Perk.

• Lumpytoad
    Lumpytoad Member Posts: 16
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Needs buffed

The only way I would *ever* consider trading away an entire health state permanently...

...is if I was rewarded an additional (4th) hook state, or given a reasonable condition of achieving some sort of Mettle-of-Man-esque hit-absorbing effect.

....or, just let us start the game healed, then when damaged we are broken the rest of the game as usual, and the broken status *not* be shared with the killer. --some don't like wasting 32 seconds between two people in order to heal, so it would just be business as usual for them, with some added merit to refusing heals. (Stealth & anti-slug)

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326
    Options
    Needs reworked

I don't think it's really possible to make this perk truly fair. To be worth picking it would have to be buffed so much that I imagine it would be extremely annoying to face. If it wasn't buffed enough then it would still be a perk that is just a hinderance to the team. It needs a full rework in my opinion.

• fogdonkey
    fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567
    Options
    Needs reworked

Instead of broken, you should be exposed all the time.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,395
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Fine as is

I think people have trouble understanding the purpose of this perk. It's not supposed to be good.

It's supposed to be a hard mode when you want extra challenge.

I would be fine if it had an extra blood point modifier however as a reward for the extra challenge. That would be reasonable.

• Hex_Salt
    Hex_Salt Member Posts: 443
    Options
    Needs reworked

If you're using this perk you're a liability for the entire team

• IWasLeft2Die
    Options
    Needs buffed

Yeah I feel like this is my main desire for it

• cynical
    cynical Member Posts: 19
    Options
    Needs buffed

I unironically run No Mither as is quite a lot. Sometimes I also run it ironically with Self-Care or such. But honestly I think that without butchering the whole perk, the best idea would be to make it so that no one else in the game knows you have the perk. You wouldn't start injured but once you got injured, you would get the Broken status effect but as a kind of a secret. Since the biggest upside of No Mither is the ability to get up from the dying state as much as you're getting slugged no killer leaves you on the ground. If the killer doesn't know you have the perk, you'd actually get to use it sometimes. Another thing that you could do to change it a little is to up the percentages of how much the perk affects your grunts of pain to maybe even 100%. Or depending on what kind of a gameplay the devs implemented it for, you could maybe give it the kind of a effect Lightweight has on its own to make it more of a stealth perk. I've got lots of ideas for it but I'm afraid that a full rework is gonna completely butcher it cause I actually love the perk lol

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624
    Options
    Needs buffed

The No Mither buff I want:

• Increase Iron Will effect to 100%.
    • Your Aura can never be seen by killer.
    • No bleeding -- including Oni bleeed.
    • You are one broken all game.

Do that and I think it's worth running. It'll be stealth mode but stealth is already weak in this game so it should be fine.