Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Man NOED needs to change

Seriously i'm getting sick and tired of this why change perks that don't need changes and instead CHANGE NOED seriously NOED had a timer before it became a hex why didn't they keep it like that just have a timer for NOED because it's the dumbest perk "oh but it's perfect for new comers to the game" no it's not when I played dbd I never used NOED because the person will just get attached to it and constantly use it "well do bones" maps have totem spots that don't even exist so seriously put a timer back on NOED get rid of the hex part of it because i'm tired of it a lot of people are tired of it

Comments

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

It's handy for when playing a new killer or one you've never played before, but yeah the timer idea is very good.

• SilentPill
    SilentPill Member Posts: 1,302

I don’t know how the devs will take the stance of “do bones” when they are gutting undying because “doing the same hex 2-3 times in a row is too much” even though NOED is effectively the same thing because all 5 totems need to be cleansed for it to not come into play.

There’s still nothing more annoying than playing the entire match, the killer is getting dumped on, then you take your first hit of the entire game and hey it’s NOED and you are in solo Q so you die on first hook from one attack.

• SilentPill

Pretty hard if the team is scraping into the endgame with a member or two already dead. Doors can easily spawn in ways that it’s impossible to open them without someone taking a chase, and many of the pallets will probably already be gone by then.

Tell me why that logic can’t be applied to Undying. I really wanna know.

• JoaoVanBlizzard
    JoaoVanBlizzard Member Posts: 555
    edited February 2021

Noed is only strong because the guys don't like to purify toten, there are matches that I purify about

3 totems and still the killer activates noed because the other players only stay in generators and forget

about the toten

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864

Run detective's hunch, I only get hit with Noed if I'm tunneled after the 1st gen is done.

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270

NOED is the last perk that desperately needs a change. Since DS and OoO are finally getting a nerf NOED is the remaining problem perk.

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

It's a new player perk, leave it alone. It might be pretty strong at low ranks due to how people play there but I can promise you at high ranks noed is a pretty big joke and almost never has real impact.

• kingcarl2012
    kingcarl2012 Member Posts: 1,710

If your making it to that point with dead teammates then maybe you should have taken your share of agro and been hit earlier to help keep them alive.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Worst argument possible is I dont want to do the counter, it takes time and effort. Noed is literally a gamble every time it's chosen, but sure let's reward survivor laziness and add a timer. If your stomping the killer that bad then the 20s it takes to pop the gate open shouldn't be an issue.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266
    edited February 2021

I play Trapper. Require at least over a minute to finish setting up. I dont use a single Gen slowdown perk.

So that, by the time I finish setting, survivors should done at least 3 Gens before I start the game.

I pair up Noed with Bloodwarden. Which mean until you finish the last Gen, you have a total of 12 hooks for 2 Gens and 5 dull totem. While I play with 2 perks.

As you can see, if you fail to do the task, Noed Warden is your punishment, not my reward.

(Though Noed is busted when vs Campers or top tier Killer)

• kingcarl2012

It is on a timer, from when the gens are done till the match is over.

• SilentPill

I’m sorry with matchmaking the way it is that’s not worth the time. I can be at red ranks and get literal rank 18 teammates. There’s nothing you can do to save them when they are going down in around 15 seconds to M1 killers.

And “do bones” still isn’t realistic because they are borderline impossible to find on some maps, and in solo Q it won’t even help unless you yourself go be worthless for like 5+ minutes finding them in case there “might” be NOED. Meanwhile the killer has no hex perks and you left the team in a 3v1 the whole time.

There is a reason undying is being nerfed, nobody has been able to tell me why doing 3-4 totems because of undying is being nerfed but having to do all 5 in case of NOED is not.

“Just bring a map or perks!” is like telling me “Just bring calm spirit in case it’s Doctor!” and is irrelevant. You should not need to be required to bring perks or items to counter anything in the game. There’s too many perks and abilities for that.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,291

I don't use noed and I'm going to tell you - Do Bones.

• 6yXJI0
    6yXJI0 Member Posts: 589

Im not against Noed as a perk, but your statement is stupid. You can't always find all the totems, especially on closed maps. So "Do Bones" is a bad argument.

• kingcarl2012

When it comes to matchmaking your actually creating an even bigger arguement for NOED, because killers get screwed over all the time too. Im a green rank killer and get matched up with red ranks all the time, NOED makes for a great equalizer especially combined with blood warden.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

Do bones or go home.

• Terro
    Terro Member Posts: 1,171
    edited February 2021

U could just do the totem that spawns noed so instead of doing 5 you just do 1.

A lot of ppl don't even think undying needs a change. The big difference between undying and noed is that undying pairs with hex perks. The main goal of hex perks is that they're powerful so they can be removed but undying gave too much of an RNG safety net in the dev's perspective. Noed being super powerful takes up a perk slot that doesn't do anything for most of the match. It can also be removed before it activates and even after it activates u only need to do 1 totem. It's basically hatch for killers, except weaker, can be removed before it activates and takes up a perk slot.

• SilentPill

That’s literally you saying “I’m not good enough to win so I crutch on these perks” which isn’t a good argument.

It’s just not realistic. On some maps where they spawn in the open sure. On huge maps, indoor maps, or maps with really good totem spawns it’s just not happening. Especially if the person going on the hook is at second stage and there is only 1 minute.

The killer gets a free kill or more for pretty much doing nothing except failing.

It has the same problem as DS/Unbreakable/Dead hard in that you are expected to play around it even though it might not exist. I don’t think perks should be that powerful to begin with. I never use NOED and I’d be happy if people wasted a ton of time doing dull totems in my matches.

Door spawns can easily be so close it’s impossible to open them without someone eating a NOED hit.

• Terro

As I said, it's basically hatch for killers but with less finality. Sometimes the RNG favors you and sometimes it doesn't.

• Starr43
    Starr43 Member Posts: 873

I don’t even know why I’m here. People have been complaining since 2016 and it’s only ever technically been buffed since tier 1 and 2 didn’t instadown. NOED is fine. I died on my first hook to a clown yesterday that couldn’t catch me all game. They had tier 1 Bamboozle and tier 1 noed. They get a kill, it’s ggs and I move on to the next game.. it’s honestly all good.

• SilentPill

There is a big difference between NOED and Adrenaline / Hope in that Adrenaline is a reward for success and NOED is a reward for failure.

That’s why I am much more OK with a perk like Deliverance, which requires you to do something, instead of a perk like Unbreakable, which is “I went down but who cares I have a perk”

I’d scrap it entirely or make it on a token system.

The big difference being that as a killer the match is entirely in your hands. Solo Q survivor? Absolutely not.

Killers at this point still have a ton of significantly more broken things to use than survivors, who have keys and a few busted maps and that’s about it. You think these top killers, who are going on 50-100+ win streaks, are doing it because the game is survivor sided? I doubt they would be pulling more than a 2-3 k/d in a game like call of duty. It’s too easy to stomp solo Q teams if you know what you are doing. That’s why I support the hatch.

You could be the best meta looper in the world and the killer can just....chase someone else, and then swing by to pop your gen until your team is dead and they can commit to you. There is also slugging for the 4K which is pretty easy to do.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

We’re not discussing Undying.

We’re discussing NOED.

• jamally093
    jamally093 Member Posts: 1,624

I think he's discussing how undying can help prevent NOED because the hex totem swaps with the undying totem but who runs NOED and undying usually it's undying and ruin but still

• PanicSquid
    PanicSquid Member Posts: 655

Undying is also getting changed because its only used with ruin, the change will make it less good for ruin, but far better with Devour Hope.

NOED only requires you to cleanse 1 totem, you just have to find it after the last gen pops or you can cleanse the dull totems before it ever activates. I think NOED is a flawed perk, but thats an entirely different matter.

• Terro
    edited February 2021

So your point is that because in your opinion killers have it easier than a single solo queue survivor, have more significantly broken things than a single solo queue survivor and have more impact in a game than a single solo queue survivor, Killers having a perk that gives a weaker equivalent of hatch is unfair? Ps top survivors have also made it to 50-100+ winstreaks.

• kingcarl2012

That still doesnt really answer the question of countering those perks, sure they are a reward but they are practically a free escape without NOED. I would say NOED falls into the category of a second chance perk for killers, it gives you a chance to catch up if you make mistakes.

As to the rest

1. Why even make a comparison to call of duty its a completely different formula.

2. As a killer everything is definitely not in your hands, its 4 vs 1 from the start, you dont control the perks and items the survivors bring, or the way loops are generated on the map.

3. There are plenty of broken survivor things, not just keys and maps.

• PGJSF
    PGJSF Member Posts: 369

I rarely play survivor but when I do (usually rank 3-4) this is what happens:

As solo Q, I run Small Game or/AND a map, and never touch a single gen until 5 totems are cleansed.

As two-stack, we do the same.

As four-stack, two of us do the same and the other two repair gens.

Yes, we stealth through 5 totems and then start repairing gen. Guess what, never faced NOED in the last month. It’s that easy. You need to realize that your objective is not to repair 5 gens and open the exit gates: your objective is to cleanse 5 totems, repair 5 gens and open the exit gates. God I wish NOED was base kit (although I don’t use it because I prefer to run Meme builds) so that survivors would realize this.

• jamally093

I guess it makes sense maybe it's just my luck when I play killer I some how get the worst totem spot and when I play survivor the totems on the moon for some reason

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

You have the means to get rid of it. You just don't do it. Personally you can take NOED away from me for all I care. I don't really use it. Id rather try to get kills before the EGC.

• Mileena_Kahn
    Mileena_Kahn Member Posts: 600

Totems aren’t the primary objective, generators are. They’re optional.

• hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188

run maps with addons/detecitves hunch/small game, etc. there are counters dont be lazy, dont just press m1 on gens and pretend to leave, take the consecuences if noed appears for just pressing m1.

• kingcarl2012

Thats true totems are optional, but if your worried about NOED then they are an objective.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266
    edited February 2021

There are times I play survivors with side objective build (totems, chest hunt). I can say 80% my team are dead.

All the time you find,cleanse totems. It would be enough to fnish 1.5-2 Gen. That much time decides between 3-4 escape or all death.

I would still focus on Gen 1st. If I walk pass a totem, I do it (reduce finding time).

When there is 1 Gen left and my team is still in good stage (1 hook each and may be 1 on dead hook). I will find remaining totems. If all are on dead hook and still 2 Gen left. Its better to rush Gen.

• bubbabooey
    bubbabooey Member Posts: 32

just stop t bagging exit gates and leave ASAP then

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

But surely you've had a rich full match, that got all gens done, probably a chest and a totem plus chases and maybe a few saves/heals all that was missing was the escape. I don't really see the issue.

I've never de-pipped because of NOED, or felt it was a toxic tool to ruin my fun because you have to get to the endgame before it comes into play anyway and if totems were done or if its found then its out. So you get a full game (perhaps even dump on the killer as you put it) and they get a couple of kills at the 11th hour due to it.

If the killer gets 4 kills due to NOED that's on the survivor's heads and more power to em.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

I don't know why I tilt with these windmills, but here we go again.

1. No, NOED does NOT need to change.
    2. It is no worse (better for the Survivor actually) than any of the many other Insta-Down Powers and Perks.
    3. You have the ability to Counter it both before it goes off and after it is on. Do Bones.
    4. You know when it is going to trigger exactly, something the other Insta-Downs doesn't afford you.
    5. Just because NOED is triggered doesn't mean the Killer instantly finds you, downs you, gets you to a hook.
    6. You can still hide, loop, rescue, etc. You can do all the things you did before.
    7. The Killer might go to the wrong gate.
    8. The Killer might get ONE person down and then squat like a toad on the one Kill, letting the rest of you out.
    9. There are MANY good Perks to find and exterminate Bones with extreme Prejudice.
    10. There are Perks and Add-Ons which can prevent the Insta-Down (Stypic Agent is a favorite of mine).

But I'll play Devil's Advocate; if NOED were to be changed, it should get more harsh and make it crystal clear that you SHOULD be doing Bones. It takes (16) seconds to cleanse a Totem under normal conditions and every Survivors spots 1-3 of them as they move around the map. There are only five Totems and four Survivors. If you took a little time away from squatting and self-caring yourself around the map NOED would be zero issue. We know this for a fact because while Undying+Ruin was running rampant, everyone was doing Bones. During that period, complains about NOED dropped to almost nothing. It just wasn't happening that often because people took the time to do the OTHER objective. Bones are also an objective and the DEV want you to do them. That is why NOED is a basic Perk that we all get access to almost immediately. So if I were to change it I would do the following:

1. NOED activates the same as normal.
    2. Anyone who has not cleansed at least (1) Totem so far will be Exposed until NOED is cleansed.
    3. Anyone who has cleansed at least (1) Totem is NOT Exposed.
    4. The switch which operates the gate is blocked for an amount of time based on how many Totems are left. 1 Totems = 10 Seconds, 2 Totems = 20 Seconds, 3 Totems = 30 Seconds, 4 Totems = 45 Seconds, and 5 Totems = 60 seconds.

My method would punish people who did not do Bones MORE than the others, but the Team will still be hindered in getting out unless they have done Bones. The more you have done, the less a problem it will be. So, do you like MY way which makes it crystal clear to you that you and your team should be doing Bones, or do you think it is fine as it is now?

• jamally093

Gonna say this i don't teabag the exit gate because it's a waste of time and stupid because you can get screwed over with bloodwarden

• PGJSF
    PGJSF Member Posts: 369
    edited February 2021

Man if at the start of every trial every survivor touches a dull it’s 10 seconds into the round and there’s only one remaining. It’s fairly obvious that if you’re doing it alone at higher ranks your team isn’t capable of doing gens with 1 person less in the game (although when I do it solo its usually fine but don’t ask why or how because I don’t know lol). What I am saying is that this should be every survivor’s mindset as long as Devour Hope and NOED are in the game.

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583

Because Undying was propping up perks during active gameplay, not during the endgame.

Also:

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

If it's a new players perk disable it to people at red ranks.