Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Plz nerf corn

ArchFox
ArchFox Member Posts: 205
edited February 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

I think it's really unfair that the survivors get to hide in the corn on Coldwind when I'm looking for them. They get to hear my terror radius when I'm near but they're still hiding in the corn where I can't see them. There's too much corn obstructing my view.

Nerf corn plz

Thx

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Stealth is fair, but corn is my most hated environmental feature.

• Zeus
    Zeus Member Posts: 2,112

I hope the devs actually balance these maps while updating them. But Mr.Patrick did say in the Q&A session that the level designers want to keep the original feel of the map and will only have slight balancing adjustments (something along those lines, don't quote me on that) so I am a little bit worried by that.

• Fractured Cowshed wants to make me fracture my skull against a wall.

• Nosferatu3145
    Nosferatu3145 Member Posts: 542

Corn maps with nurse, makes an already miserable experience even worse. Survivors zig zag and you can't see #########, and if you miss a blink there, you can start patrol gens again, cause you're not gonna find that survivor anymore

• Another_LegionMain
    Another_LegionMain Member Posts: 399

You can rarely stalk through corn...

• As a Blight main, Rotten Fields makes me cry.

• ArchFox
    ArchFox Member Posts: 205

I gotta confess guys, this was bait all along, I didn't expect anyone to actually want to nerf the corn...

• Beelzeboop
    Beelzeboop Member Posts: 1,306

I totally agree.

Buff the corn.

Eyes are for the weak. Pain is for the strong.

• SpamAmbush
    SpamAmbush Member Posts: 1

So i know this started as a meme thread, but it actually gave me an idea. Hear me out.

Instead of removing the corn or something, how about instead we make it so the cornfield is more densely packed, so it's actually HARDER to see into it. Really make it like a corn maze where you can't really see very far.

However, if the killer is INSIDE the field, he gains aura reading in a reasonably sized radius around him, making so that the corn will be beneficial for survivors trying to hide from killers when they are far, but it won't give an edge when they are right on top of you.

Since the corn is thicker, it would also give a better advantage to stealth killers, while also giving survivors a clearer idea of where the faster ones (such as Wraith and Spirit) are when they traverse the field.

Of course the idea just came to me, so maybe i'm missing some balance issues that could arise from it. Might make my own post.

• bubbabooey
    bubbabooey Member Posts: 32

#burnthecorn