thx for the changes of DStrike and Object of obsesion

and it will be my main perks, both of them... good perks and balanced perks... thx behaivour, when you work well, we have to tell you

Comments

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,465

I can't tell what emotions this portrays is this sarcasm, honesty, excitement or what if none of those

• Zarr0ch
    Zarr0ch Member Posts: 589

What this is, is a Killer main talking up the changes, bet he's never played survivor more than five minutes.

And, no, I'm not bothered by the changes personally.

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    edited February 2021

OoO was a broken perk for SWF teams on voice coms, and now it's a aura reveal perk/add-on detector so we can see when they have Nurses Calling, BBQ & Chili, I'm All Ears, Undying, etc, so this change is actually not that bad and makes it less broken. Also I noticed that the "if you are the obsession" bit will basically show you the killer no matter where they are on the map every 30 seconds. It no longer has the "outside of their terror radius" requirement, and just because it says your aura is revealed to them, it doesn't say anywhere that they have to be looking in your direction, so they could be across the map chasing another survivor, and you'll see them but they won't see you. Which could still be a bit broken, but no where near as overpowered as it currently is.

The DS change only reduces the things that make it heavily abuseable, but doesn't stop survivors with DS from hopping in lockers to trick killers into grabbing them, and doesn't prevent the killers "no win scenario" during the endgame, wherein if a survivor with DS is unhooked in the endgame and gets within 30 meters of a gate before getting knocked down, they are guaranteed an escape: Killer picks you up, DS them and escape, Killer doesn't pick you up, crawl out the gate and escape. The only times the "Killer no-win Scenario" are ever prevented is if the killer has a Mori, you miss the DS skill check, or if one of your Teammates screws up and tries to heal you while you're crawling to freedom. Otherwise, it's a no-win for the killer, and a guaranteed escape for the survivor, So yeah, you won't see any tears shed from me over this change to DS, since I can still do the Deliverance + DS + Unbreakable + Soul Guard combo.

I agree with OP here, Thanks very much Devs, you made these changes with balance in mind, and still left us with some abuseable mechanics for the sake of our "fun".

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

I really like Object of Obsession, the new version of it allows for some cool mechanics.

Not only do you get aura reading on the killer, but it's not as obnoxious as the previous version. You can get free aura reading if it trigger while the killer isn't looking in your direction and you can scout the any aura reading the killer has. 😊

• TomBomb
    TomBomb Member Posts: 14

In my opinion, the new object is basically a much better distortion. It is still really a strong perk especially when in a swf

• CryptFriend
    CryptFriend Member Posts: 416

I feel like DS could be made into a better anti-tunneling perk, but the OoO changes make it a perk that I legitimately want to run--all it managed to be so far with it's abuse was a--how did my friend put it?

Ah, yes, a "tunnel me harder" sign.

The ranks I lost trying for Adept Laurie.

Still, again, I feel like DS could be done better. Perhaps three possible deactivation conditions? Two people other than you downed, someone hooked before you, or 60 seconds passed? Add a bit of spice to the stun timer, and that actually gives a "hopefully legitimately tunneled survivor" time to escape, rather than make them a massive target to get brutalized and hooked again immediately?

Take my advice as you will,--just keep in mind that I'm told it's literally worthless, so eh.

• Aquitus
    Aquitus Member Posts: 50

when do the changes go live? its been quite the while since i was excited for a patch

@TWiXT "if one of your Teammates screws up and tries to heal you while you're crawling to freedom" based off what i read about the perk it only disables if the person with the perk heals not if somone else heals the person with the perk

@TomBomb i hadnt thought of it that way, do you think people will stop using distortion?

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    edited February 2021

I was talking about a teammate stopping you in your tracks when you're trying to crawl out the gate with DS actively ticking down. I've had that happen a few times, most of the time it's no big deal, but if it wastes precious seconds on DS and allows the killer to pick me up before I cross the escape threshold, I get pretty pissed off, because otherwise it would have been a guaranteed escape for me.