The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Hallowed Blight Finnaly Running Smoothly

SH1FTY423
SH1FTY423 Member Posts: 85
edited November 2018 in General Discussions
 Running Out Of Time Gotta Grind Like Hell
Post edited by SH1FTY423 on

Comments

• iNb4Ownage
    iNb4Ownage Member Posts: 46

@SH1FTY423 said:
    All that they seem to say is be paitent were trying to fix it.

^ You answered your own question.

• thrashed2pieces
    thrashed2pieces Member Posts: 57
    edited October 2018
    IMO the event was busted from the start. Progress is entirely too slow, and they haven’t fixed the issue of finishing a vial as one side  resets progress for the other side post patch. I’m more unhappy about the overall rate to complete, especially when you’ve got farmers taking the flowers while you might be trying not to die. I guess it’s unlikely it will ever be addressed in future events either, but having to play literally all day and night for one costume is ridiculous and not an option for most with lives outside of video games. Event hooks are safe for Killers, but greed among farmers makes shared progress on the flowers aggravating... it’s almost no wonder Survivor queue times are so high right now.
  • SH1FTY423
    You don't seem to understand I can't gather any viles
  • SH1FTY423

@SH1FTY423 said:
    All that they seem to say is be paitent were trying to fix it.

^ You answered your own question.

I was asking the General community 
  • AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    Good thing I already got my vials  :) the only thing that could make it better is if they bug out the vials so I can get more.
  • TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

Did you try reinstalling the game?

• AntiJelly
    AntiJelly Member Posts: 1,155

@SH1FTY423 said:
    It has come to my attention that the hallowed blight event is not working for several people. For some reason the HUD will not load in viles and keep track of progress I have lost 40 Viles since the event started. All that they seem to say is be paitent were trying to fix it. But there is nothing  being done. No clear answer as to why.and no sign of compensation. Will they extend the event. Or compensate Viles. Or are those who this keeps happening to just Screwed.restarting isn't a solution at best it may be a quick fix but it's still happening to Survivor and killer alike. As for switching roles you lose whatever you had on the other vile so how is that supposed to help. JJ? What do all of you think.

You do have to be patient. Let me tell you something about the way their code works. DBD is coded in C++, along with the Unreal Engine 4. C++ is coded in long lines, with no real organization, besides the one you put it in. It takes a LONG time to figure out one single little bug sometimes.

• MuttonChops
    MuttonChops Member Posts: 55
    AntiJelly said:

@SH1FTY423 said:
    It has come to my attention that the hallowed blight event is not working for several people. For some reason the HUD will not load in viles and keep track of progress I have lost 40 Viles since the event started. All that they seem to say is be paitent were trying to fix it. But there is nothing  being done. No clear answer as to why.and no sign of compensation. Will they extend the event. Or compensate Viles. Or are those who this keeps happening to just Screwed.restarting isn't a solution at best it may be a quick fix but it's still happening to Survivor and killer alike. As for switching roles you lose whatever you had on the other vile so how is that supposed to help. JJ? What do all of you think.

You do have to be patient. Let me tell you something about the way their code works. DBD is coded in C++, along with the Unreal Engine 4. C++ is coded in long lines, with no real organization, besides the one you put it in. It takes a LONG time to figure out one single little bug sometimes.

Nah that's just sh*tty programming. 
  • shanks3042
    shanks3042 Member Posts: 163

@AntiJelly said:

Have you ever programmed C++? It has a nice structure and can do so much work for you. Try C, it's very easy to shoot yourself into the knee with it but not with C++ as you have classes and it's an OOP Language. Also if you do want to have some performance I don't think there's another option than C/C++

• AntiJelly

@shanks3042 said:

@AntiJelly said:

Have you ever programmed C++? It has a nice structure and can do so much work for you. Try C, it's very easy to shoot yourself into the knee with it but not with C++ as you have classes and it's an OOP Language. Also if you do want to have some performance I don't think there's another option than C/C++

I have done a little bit of C++ programming. About 6-8 months of it. I don't know everything, but my point was it's not that easy to find one bug in a huge line of code (especially code in a video game the size of dbd).

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

I had no problems farming the vials and once I was done after a few days, I quit DBD almost completely until the event is over :wink:

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Master said:

I had no problems farming the vials and once I was done after a few days, I quit DBD almost completely until the event is over :wink:

Truly, one of the greatest minds of our time.
  • shanks3042
    shanks3042 Member Posts: 163

@AntiJelly said:

I have done a little bit of C++ programming. About 6-8 months of it. I don't know everything, but my point was it's not that easy to find one bug in a huge line of code (especially code in a video game the size of dbd).

If they have a good structure it shouldn't be too hard, but yeah debugging can take it's time. But I'm sure they have spaghetti code because most times they change something something else aso doesn't work anymore. For example the bugged nurse (in early 2018?) Stun + Bloodwipe shouldn't happen .
    But well I think this is too much off topic as this is not a programming forum.

@TheBean said:
    Did you try reinstalling the game?

^ This maybe? At least give it a try

• AntiJelly

@shanks3042 said:

@AntiJelly said:

If they have a good structure it shouldn't be too hard, but yeah debugging can take it's time. But I'm sure they have spaghetti code because most times they change something something else aso doesn't work anymore. For example the bugged nurse (in early 2018?) Stun + Bloodwipe shouldn't happen .
    But well I think this is too much off topic as this is not a programming forum.

Yeah it's possible. After I long time I assume it's hard not to have somewhat unorganized/confusing C++ lines.

• SH1FTY423
    What Was upsetting was the days I didn't get Viles I harvested when it was finally patched it said I had 11 it's the 1st so yea I lost a ton I'm literally writing this while a game is loading in.tryin to get what I can.