first match of the update and impressions.

Freki
Freki Member Posts: 1,903

1) the new ui is TOO SPREAD APART.... only good thing about it is the more scoring events happening at the same time, but even that is bad.

2) what size monitor are we supposed to play this on now? 10 inch diagonal? because in order to even look at the number of remaining gens takes me away from my focus, looking at the surivivors is more time and there is no information on how to even read it well.

3) survivor portraits are not colorblind friendly and are even worse than before.

4) number of hooks counter so far off screen to me i didn't even look at it once. (as killer)

5) Survivor animation, need to get used to it a bit, so no real response on this.

I play on a 32 inch monitor and this ui looks like it was designed for the switch's screen size! where you can take the whole screen in one glance, this is going to cause EYE strain for players that play on larger monitors and I do not foresee people continuing to play if it is going to affect their health or eyesight.

This UI change could have been accomplished by re-organizing the bottom portion of the screen and not increasing the survivor portrait to huge proportions. You do not need that clear of a portrait to know which survivor you are after. ALSO the fact that survivors get to see the individual hooks each one has done makes it easy for them to say nope not going to save that one because they are on death hook, i'd rather stay on this gen. killer does not have that information and as it alters the play of the survivors it could alter the play of the killers.

In short and TL;DR: UI changes are crap and cause eyestrain on larger monitors and is unequal in information given to all players.

Comments

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

Aside from the UI being too spread out, I also hate that it says GENERATORS in big letters next to the symbol. Anyone who's played even 1 game of DBD knows what the symbol means. It's such a waste of space, it hurts my eyes.

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903

I'm with you on that 100%. i've played two games and i'm done for the day, the eye strain is real.

UPDATE: Had a dc (survivor) and the hook state ui said I got 3 hooks, and at the end it said I had 12. but i got a bronze in devout and had only 20 hook states (what ever the 20 means). the eye strain got to me and i had to shut down after TWO, count them TWO matches. I will never complete a tome with 2 games a day and if i strain my eye sight what am I supposed to do? send behavior the bill for new glasses?