R.I.P Undying 5 min Genrush games are Meta now. Thx Devs

Options
PNgamer
PNgamer Member Posts: 1,415

Hey,

don´t get me wrong but im so happy that Devs killed undying Ruin combo. It´s awesome now and if killers play with other combinations of undying the totems get cleared very fast. *thumbs up*

Comments

• Astrian
    Astrian Member Posts: 320
    Options

Nothing changed honestly. My first hex to be broken was always Undying anyway so they basically didn't even change the perk

• Bumbus
    Bumbus Member Posts: 600
    Options

It is not lol. That's just two regular hex totems survivors can cleanse occassionally. I'm not saying that Ruin Undying didn't deserve a nerf, but now this combo is completely dead.

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784
    Options

muh perk

• Slendy4321
    Slendy4321 Member Posts: 605
    Options

What games are you getting? My matches take at least 20 minutes where I'm the only one doing gens

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583
    Options

I had Ruin destroyed while running Undying in five minutes last night.

I can only imagine how quick it will be now.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    Options

In fairness, you should have dropped the combo a month or so ago when they first said they were going to make a change. Why? It was time to move on and find something else. There are different combinations that still provide good regression. Ruin by itself still has some weight and even Ruin + Undying if you want it is better than no Undying at all. In the end, there is no substitute for Generator pressure. This is difficult at the start of the game before you have a few hooks, but Corrupt Intervention is still the workhorse it has always been, and I highly suggest it.

• Rittihilatti
    Rittihilatti Member Posts: 124
    Options

I have a question for killermains stated that if ruin-undying trainingwheels are getting nerfed, they quit...

...are you still here?

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531
    Options

It was unneeded in my opinion, but I don't think it'll change the meta all that much.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

I only had ruin undying on like 3 killers and I was using pop/corrupt on those ones....

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699
    Options

Wait how does the new undying work? are there 2 totems with 1 being ruin and the other being undying or is there now 1?

• panernaners
    panernaners Member Posts: 243
    Options

you could but the same thing happened on old ruin undying so your point is mute.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,146
    Options

It was nice to not have to sweat so hard at the beginning of a match to not lose 3 gens in the first chase. Ruin + Undying meant that i'd either lose 1 gen, or they'd spend time hunting it down so i can get the game started. I guess it is back to Corrupt + Pop.

• ChiSoxFan11
    ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093
    Options

Incredibly small sample size ... duh ... but my one round today as killer went well. Played as The Pig, ran Undying with Devour now, and sent us all to Hawkins, when totems go to hide, lol.

Early game, got some downs, got plenty of distance from the hooks, assumed that with no sign of Ruin the survivor team would ignore totems and focus on powering through gens, and that Devour would at least hang around to make it to mid-game, since no one expects it until everyone is exposed at 3 tokens. With the Pig, the idea is that being trapped gives survivors no-win options -- go after Devour, die to the trap ... go for the trap, stay at risk of dying to Devour.

The Undying change worked perfectly -- even with one of the totems pretty exposed in a corridor, it wasn't cleansed, and at 3 stacks, suddenly survivors were looking frantically for the totem, and did cleanse one of them, but not both -- the game ended up in an easy 4K (this was at purple/red ranks) with Devour carrying the endgame -- no Moris, but multiple one-shot downs.

On a normal map, where totems are still relatively easy to spot, this may go differently, obviously -- but I'm counting on people ignoring totems and capitalizing on it when they do so. Seeing value our ot Devour, though, was a nice change of pace.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

Only played 5 matches since the patch as solo survivor. Without exception killers only got 0 to 1 kills.

EU rank 2.

Undying Ruin is dead.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,127
    Options

What are you talking about? It was meta before. Gens have always been this fast. You just kept facing potatoes that couldn't hold M1 on a gen.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

The combo was never that good. It had 0 impact on gen progression and only impacted 1 of the 4 survivors while in a chase, which if not downed would just hop back on. Bad survivors are why gen take to long, it had nothing to do with the combo.

• Nemmy_Wemmy
    Nemmy_Wemmy Member Posts: 800
    edited February 2021
    Options

These forums are something else man, you either have boosted survivors moaning about their dstrike being nerfed. Or boosted killers moaning about their poor widdle undying.

Ruin and undying is still strong while also making undying good to combo with other totems and not just ruin.

Try out undying + devour. Try out undying and the third seal. Stop being a slave to the meta. Variety is good and nerfing abusable OR overly oppressive perks is a good thing. You will find more enjoyment in the game once you let go of such things.

Edit: All im saying if anyone relies that much on one perk to do good in a game, they probably need to improve at the game themselves.

Post edited by Nemmy_Wemmy on
  • Hopesfall
    Hopesfall Member Posts: 828
    Options

that was a 50% chance, it's now 100% chance, so no my point's not mute

• PerfectlyPink
    PerfectlyPink Member Posts: 435
    Options

You're way better off running just ruin. Ruin+undying is just a fancy way of playing with 2 perks

• Ohnoes
    Ohnoes Member Posts: 608
    Options

Maybe it's just you. Plenty of people did fine without undying ruin in the long span of time after ruin was changed.

• Tsulan
    Options

Don´t worry, if for whatever reason Undying Devour becomes meta, they´ll remove the stack transfer faster than you can say "nerf Keys".

• panernaners
    Options

If two survivors are working on a hex totem and you only have ruin undying both totems are gone. This is true for both versions of ruin undying so yes your point is mute. The point of hexes are to have a gamble on whether its useful or not not to have a possibility that the survivors are so unlucky that it is impossible to deal with.

• Xpljesus
    Xpljesus Member Posts: 395
    Options

Yeah as much as it's not even outright OP to run, complained about, or will get changed, I have to say Devour Hope is really badly designed, it's RNG based on whether it'll do literally nothing or potentially win you the entire match by itself

• hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188
    Options

is not, breaking 2 totems is not that hard even less for swf.

• hiken
    Options

pop wasnt op by any mean still got nerfed for no (good/realistic) reason, and soon they will nerf corrupt intervention aswell i can se it.

• Slickstyles
    Slickstyles Member Posts: 446
    Options

You do know that Undying didn't always exist and killers still did really well?

• Mechanix82
    Mechanix82 Member Posts: 184
    Options

I actually used Ruin/Undying in alot of my builds. It helped me become a good killer by learning how to pressure and getting rewarded for pressure. Now that im in a good spot tho i started using Devour/Undying and with what i learned about map pressure and this combo, I have been having a blast!!!! I think the change was fine!

• _HN_
    _HN_ Member Posts: 385
    Options

Cant argue with that.

It's a shame since hexes could have been done in a way better way, just have the hex effect slip onto all of the tomes, and each time one is destroyed you lose 20% of its effect.

No more bad luck instafound/neverfound cases, and going after the totems would turn into a real secondary objective instead of a wild goose chase.

• panernaners
    Options

true its not but think of how much value you can get out of two ruin totems or how about you switch ruin for devour hope and think of the value there. My friend who barely plays killer and is awful at it used devour hope undying for 10 games straight won all of them the same way they found his first totem and couldn't find his second or by the time they found his second he already killed 2 and basically won at that point. If you don't believe me test it for yourself and see.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171
    Options

Lol I had a daily on my baby legion yesterday (recently prestiged) think his perks were green disco, tinkerer, aggitation, and iron grasp. Only had like 7 perks but load up the hospitol (I suck at map names) and disco procs I swear while my screen is still spinning at the start. So I head that way and notice Jake and kate and frenzy hit jake and kate vaults but I felt I could make it and I didn't frenzy over. I still heard jake in one of the rooms so I went and tracked him and downed him. As I'm picking him up I hear some notifications and I hook and go to see what they were and boom 3 gens. 2 gens ok sure but how in the hell did kate get one done the whole logistics of it made no sense to me I just missed my frenzy on her. How did she locate, repair, and finish one? Worst part it wasn't even the one the disco proc'd on at beginning that her and jake were on. Look I don't go tryhard when I'm doing a daily not sure what goes on in my head but I focus purely on that and get stomped. i do none of my normal strategies but I still didn't understand that one. The map just seemed giant to me even being able to frenzy and it was def a 5 min game and I'm not sure if I would have did much better with my top dogs. They all 4 were the same just hid,spread, repair and was 5 minute game. They were petrified of the game they wouldn't even let me frenzy hit them at exit gate. I apparently I'm the only killer in the world who hates corrupt theres that too.

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994
    Options

Ruin undying wasn’t training wheels, it was needed because of gen speeds. Now killer will be forced to slug and tunnel to slow the game down. I hope you survivor mains enjoy.....

• _HN_
    _HN_ Member Posts: 385
    Options

The thing is, Undying shouldnt be needed, because gens SHOULD regress when not worked on (same with the door btw) and ruin should just make the regression faster. Kicking should be something like a pop goes the wissle that make them lose a chunk of progression instantly (like 10%).

The reason why everyone and their grandma dog is using Ruin is because it's the only way to at the same time "pressure gen" and chase someone, otherwise you are forced to make a choice, kick the gen (and do basically nothing to it) or chase (and let the gen get easily finished by the survivors.

• hiken
    Options

Pure RNG, especailly if they are using a map or detectives or just bad luck, also no gen defense there.- u rely on how bad survivors are.

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497
    Options

Ruin/Undying combo was always a crutch perk combo for killers the same way meta trash is a crutch combo for survivors. I'm gonna be that guy and say it: gitgud dude, if you needed the old version of those perks to secure kills and stop gens then you were not in the rank you should of been. Sure death swat squads will finish all the gens in 3min but that has always been the case and don't pretend they aren't rare because they are.

• ILoveDemo
    ILoveDemo Member Posts: 681
    Options
  • HR_Helios
    HR_Helios Member Posts: 189
    Options

I ran ruin undying because it allowed me to CHILL. I didn't have to sweat I didn't have to 4 man slug I did t have to play scummy against good teams I just played. And sure I'd sweat occasionally and take it off for more consistent options like pop/corrupt but after a bit it gets stressful. So it made the game easier so I didn't have to sweat. And at rank 1 that's amazing cause I can actually have fun playing the game.

• Nemmy_Wemmy
    Nemmy_Wemmy Member Posts: 800
    Options
  • Rittihilatti
    Rittihilatti Member Posts: 124
    Options

Riding on the "genrush" phrase is a funny thing, since the majority of the playerbase are barely touching gens.

SWF is a different story, different problem, that still not solved, i give you that.

But seriously, as a killermain, how many times you get stomped into the ground by an SWF? 10/1?

Your killer gameplay experience, even with the ruin-undying crutch is not even close to the soloQ nightmare.

• PleassBuiltInNoed
    PleassBuiltInNoed Member Posts: 618
    Options

i tried running it multiple times and guess what, now that there is only one transfer the whole combo is gone in 1 minute, 2 at most, its just completely useless now, all it took even before was 1 map or one perk that reveals totems and now its even easier to counter

• PleassBuiltInNoed
    PleassBuiltInNoed Member Posts: 618
    edited February 2021
    Options

it is

swapped it for corrupt and pop and i have muuuuuuuuuuuuch better results

these rng perks were never good and even if they lasted it still required killer to pressure, now its absolute waste of perk slots

• Tsulan
    Options

The only solo queue nightmare i currently have, is the amount of people that suicide on the first hook.