The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Power role

AChaoticKiller
AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
edited November 2018 in General Discussions
Seems survivors are not satisfied with anything enless it puts them into the power role. Post 2.0 patch survivors were the ones who controlled the game and now that killers can do that without billy or nurse there's been a uproar of posts for survivor buffs. That's just the way im seeing it at least

Edit: ok I was not expecting this post to receive so much attention. This post was pretty dull and was more like a rant concerning all the people who don't understand how this type of game is ment to be balanced. However there are some really good arguments in here so id recommend reading them and giving them the good old up vote for not being trolls and supporting their aguements with reasonable facts or reasons.
Post edited by AChaoticKiller on

Comments

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

Well you imply though that Hillbilly and Nurse in particular already were in good control before the latest killer buffs, which would make them overpowered now with the recent buffs. Not sure if I would agree with Billy but Nurse definitely seems overpowered, especially with certain add ons, and I can see why survivor mains have a problem with that. I wouldn't want to have to face an overpowered killer regularly.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited October 2018

@Dudddd said:
    Blueberry said:

Survivor is still the power role by far...like it's still not even close.

I think you’re confusing SWF with solo because killers easily can get 3-4k playing solo rank 1 after the recent patch. If you’re still struggling against solo survivors as a killer ..... buddy you’re honestly bad at playing killer

Bud I probably have more play time than you and all your friends combined and I've had rank 1 on both sides for years. If I can regular play solo survivor and loop a killer for 5 gens there's an issue and no that's not me bragging, it's easy to do. That shouldn't even be possible. Unless you're playing some exception killers or exceptional addons this isn't unusual. If you don't think this then you definitely don't play both sides at rank 1 and you need some more game time.

• HuN7r3sS
    HuN7r3sS Member Posts: 211
    I could destroy lots of survivors using the same basic tactics with a different killer ability, it's as easy as looking around gens, chasing, hooking, keep patrolling, chase and  hook another, check hex occasionally, go back to gens, keep chasing and hooking
  • Blueberry

@Whisky_Glass said:
    Blueberry said:

@Whisky_Glass said:

Blueberry said:

That means u are bad as a killer if u think that.

If you think that then you don't play both sides at rank 1 clearly.

I do, every month i reach rank 1 on both sides.

I think you're a liar or a nurse main.

• Whisky_Glass
    Whisky_Glass Member Posts: 49
    Blueberry said:

@Whisky_Glass said:
    Blueberry said:

@Whisky_Glass said:

Blueberry said:

Hag main actually, but i do play with other killers as well.
  • Blueberry

@Whisky_Glass said:
    Blueberry said:

@Whisky_Glass said:

Blueberry said:

@Whisky_Glass said:

Blueberry said:

link your steam

• Whisky_Glass
    Blueberry said:

@Whisky_Glass said:
    Blueberry said:

@Whisky_Glass said:

Blueberry said:

@Whisky_Glass said:

Blueberry said:

link your steam

Ps4 player
  • Blueberry

@Whisky_Glass said:
    Blueberry said:

@Whisky_Glass said:

Blueberry said:

@Whisky_Glass said:

Blueberry said:

@Whisky_Glass said: Blueberry said:

That means u are bad as a killer if u think that. If you think that then you don't play both sides at rank 1 clearly.

link your steam

Ps4 player

of course

• MuttonChops
    MuttonChops Member Posts: 55
    Blueberry said:

I'd like to see recent stats on PS4. People just aren't escaping anymore. Game is pointless. 
  • Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@MuttonChops said:
    Whisky_Glass said:

Blueberry said:

I'd like to see recent stats on PS4. People just aren't escaping anymore. Game is pointless. 

That's the survivors fault, farming flowers instead of doing gens.

• MuttonChops
    MuttonChops Member Posts: 55
    Wolf74 said:

@MuttonChops said:
    Whisky_Glass said:

Blueberry said:

Not sure if that's the case since no one's farming flowers anymore and this was happening before the event. The event did make it worse. 
  • Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@MuttonChops said:
    Wolf74 said:

Not sure if that's the case since no one's farming flowers anymore and this was happening before the event. The event did make it worse. 

That's not my ingame experience.
    Survivor still farm flowers. It became less and you see less and less offerings for it, but still it is a major benefit for the killer if at least one survivor is doing nothing but searching flowers for the the first part of the match. This prolongs the match enough to give the killer a good chance to win.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    ad19970 said:

Well you imply though that Hillbilly and Nurse in particular already were in good control before the latest killer buffs, which would make them overpowered now with the recent buffs. Not sure if I would agree with Billy but Nurse definitely seems overpowered, especially with certain add ons, and I can see why survivor mains have a problem with that. I wouldn't want to have to face an overpowered killer regularly.

Never ment it like that, i meant that they were the the only kilers that could have control over the game. 
  • Whisky_Glass
    Blueberry said:

I can't speak for everyone but in my personal experience the game is quite balanced right now.
    I do play both solo and swf, more solo without self care lately. Sometimes we all get destroyed, sometimes we all survive and sometimes killer gets the average of 2K.
    Top tier killers sometimes rekt us and sometimes they get rekt, same goes for the "low tier" killer, so it's pretty much a skill issue rather than a balance issue. I've seen skilled players running "low tier" killers with a devastating map pressure and getting 3-4 K easily.
    Personally i'm doing fine as a solo survivor and my escape rate is above 70% i'd say.
    As a killer i get 3K at least in almost every match, 2K if i had a bad day and 1K if i'm extremely drunk.
  • Whisky_Glass
    edited October 2018
    Edit because double post*
  • Just_Meh
    Just_Meh Member Posts: 96
    HuN7r3sS said:
    I could destroy lots of survivors using the same basic tactics with a different killer ability, it's as easy as looking around gens, chasing, hooking, keep patrolling, chase and  hook another, check hex occasionally, go back to gens, keep chasing and hooking
    I love how easy it is. They are always going back to the same gen lol
  • ad19970

@AChaoticKiller said:
    ad19970 said:

Never ment it like that, i meant that they were the the only kilers that could have control over the game. 

No I get that, but it's the logical consequence. All I wanted to point out is that if a certain killer is already good and competent, any further buff could easily make him overpowered. And with the Nurse I feel like that has happened with the last few patches.

• ad19970

@Whisky_Glass said:
    MuttonChops said:

Whisky_Glass said:

Blueberry said:

I can't speak for everyone but in my personal experience the game is quite balanced right now.
    I do play both solo and swf, more solo without self care lately. Sometimes we all get destroyed, sometimes we all survive and sometimes killer gets the average of 2K.
    Top tier killers sometimes rekt us and sometimes they get rekt, same goes for the "low tier" killer, so it's pretty much a skill issue rather than a balance issue. I've seen skilled players running "low tier" killers with a devastating map pressure and getting 3-4 K easily.
    Personally i'm doing fine as a solo survivor and my escape rate is above 70% i'd say.
    As a killer i get 3K at least in almost every match, 2K if i had a bad day and 1K if i'm extremely drunk.

Are you saying the game is balanced with the newest patch only? Or during this event because of the added objectives?

• Whisky_Glass
    ad19970 said:

@Whisky_Glass said:
    MuttonChops said:

Whisky_Glass said:

Blueberry said:

Are you saying the game is balanced with the newest patch only? Or during this event because of the added objectives?

I'm saying that it's more balanced than it used to be (i'm not including the event) and it's not as bad as some people around say.
    Some killers are more powerful than others, that is true, but all of them are viable at rank 1, some of them only require more skills.
    You see, the problem is that people claim that the game should be balanced around the perfect swf squad, but no one talks about perfect killer players. So if we only focus the balance around that perfect squad we are giving tools to mediocre players to be able to beat good survivors, and that's just wrong.
  • Blueberry

@Whisky_Glass said:
    ad19970 said:

@Whisky_Glass said:

MuttonChops said:

Whisky_Glass said:

Blueberry said:

I'm saying that it's more balanced than it used to be (i'm not including the event) and it's not as bad as some people around say.
    Some killers are more powerful than others, that is true, but all of them are viable at rank 1, some of them only require more skills.
    You see, the problem is that people claim that the game should be balanced around the perfect swf squad, but no one talks about perfect killer players. So if we only focus the balance around that perfect squad we are giving tools to mediocre players to be able to beat good survivors, and that's just wrong.

No, all killers are not viable at rank 1. Yes you can easily get to rank 1 with any killer, but constantly performing well and getting at least 2k each game? Not unless you're playing against idiots, which do be fair can be a lot but it's not because the killer is viable.

• Blueberry

@Whisky_Glass said:
    Blueberry said:

@Whisky_Glass said:

ad19970 said:

@Whisky_Glass said:

MuttonChops said:

Whisky_Glass said: Blueberry said: Survivor is still the power role by far...like it's still not even close. That means u are bad as a killer if u think that. I'd like to see recent stats on PS4. People just aren't escaping anymore. Game is pointless.  I can't speak for everyone but in my personal experience the game is quite balanced right now.

No, all killers are not viable at rank 1. Yes you can easily get to rank 1 with any killer, but constantly performing well and getting at least 2k each game? Not unless you're playing against idiots, which do be fair can be a lot but it's not because the killer is viable.

So if you get 1K in one match you automatically think the killer you are running is not viable?

Regularly 1k yes, I can't see how you could possibly think otherwise. Let's not add "one match" because that's not what I said.

• Whisky_Glass
    Blueberry said:

@Whisky_Glass said:
    Blueberry said:

@Whisky_Glass said:

ad19970 said:

@Whisky_Glass said:

MuttonChops said:

Whisky_Glass said: Blueberry said: Survivor is still the power role by far...like it's still not even close. That means u are bad as a killer if u think that. I'd like to see recent stats on PS4. People just aren't escaping anymore. Game is pointless.  I can't speak for everyone but in my personal experience the game is quite balanced right now.

So if you get 1K in one match you automatically think the killer you are running is not viable?

Regularly 1k yes, I can't see how you could possibly think otherwise. Let's not add "one match" because that's not what I said.

You said "each game".
    If it happened regularly the first thing i'd try to do is see where i'm failing at, see other players running the same killer and stuff. Then if i see it's a common thing then yeah, i would ask for a buff, but i've seen different players using non-top killers in a way that made them top tier killers. Last time was yesterday against an astonishing clown who kept the map pressure so well, i was the only one who managed to escape through the hatch with only 2 gens done, and i can assure you we were playing efficiently.
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I love how i never get a gg when i win as Killer.

• Blueberry

@Whisky_Glass said:
    Blueberry said:

@Whisky_Glass said:

Blueberry said:

@Whisky_Glass said:

ad19970 said:

@Whisky_Glass said: MuttonChops said:

Whisky_Glass said:        Blueberry said:    Survivor is still the power role by far...like it's still not even close.        That means u are bad as a killer if u think that.    I'd like to see recent stats on PS4. People just aren't escaping anymore. Game is pointless.     I can't speak for everyone but in my personal experience the game is quite balanced right now.

I do play both solo and swf, more solo without self care lately. Sometimes we all get destroyed, sometimes we all survive and sometimes killer gets the average of 2K. Top tier killers sometimes rekt us and sometimes they get rekt, same goes for the "low tier" killer, so it's pretty much a skill issue rather than a balance issue. I've seen skilled players running "low tier" killers with a devastating map pressure and getting 3-4 K easily. Personally i'm doing fine as a solo survivor and my escape rate is above 70% i'd say. As a killer i get 3K at least in almost every match, 2K if i had a bad day and 1K if i'm extremely drunk. Are you saying the game is balanced with the newest patch only? Or during this event because of the added objectives? I'm saying that it's more balanced than it used to be (i'm not including the event) and it's not as bad as some people around say.

You said "each game".
    If it happened regularly the first thing i'd try to do is see where i'm failing at, see other players running the same killer and stuff. Then if i see it's a common thing then yeah, i would ask for a buff, but i've seen different players using non-top killers in a way that made them top tier killers. Last time was yesterday against an astonishing clown who kept the map pressure so well, i was the only one who managed to escape through the hatch with only 2 gens done, and i can assure you we were playing efficiently.

"each game" does not imply one game.

Also, clown is absolutely not a killer I consider low tier. He is very strong and not one of the killers we are talking about.

I'd like you to show me a game with say a trapper/freddy/wraith not running out of the normal addons that did well and the survivors didn't just play stupid.

• Whisky_Glass
    Blueberry said:

@Whisky_Glass said:
    Blueberry said:

@Whisky_Glass said:

Blueberry said:

@Whisky_Glass said:

ad19970 said:

@Whisky_Glass said: MuttonChops said:

Whisky_Glass said:        Blueberry said:    Survivor is still the power role by far...like it's still not even close.        That means u are bad as a killer if u think that.    I'd like to see recent stats on PS4. People just aren't escaping anymore. Game is pointless.     I can't speak for everyone but in my personal experience the game is quite balanced right now.

I do play both solo and swf, more solo without self care lately. Sometimes we all get destroyed, sometimes we all survive and sometimes killer gets the average of 2K. Top tier killers sometimes rekt us and sometimes they get rekt, same goes for the "low tier" killer, so it's pretty much a skill issue rather than a balance issue. I've seen skilled players running "low tier" killers with a devastating map pressure and getting 3-4 K easily. Personally i'm doing fine as a solo survivor and my escape rate is above 70% i'd say. As a killer i get 3K at least in almost every match, 2K if i had a bad day and 1K if i'm extremely drunk. Are you saying the game is balanced with the newest patch only? Or during this event because of the added objectives? I'm saying that it's more balanced than it used to be (i'm not including the event) and it's not as bad as some people around say.

You said "each game".

Also, clown is absolutely not a killer I consider low tier. He is very strong and not one of the killers we are talking about.

I'd like you to show me a game with say a trapper/freddy/wraith not running out of the normal addons that did well and the survivors didn't just play stupid.

I said clown because many people here only consider billy and nurse the only good killers.
    I get good results with the trapper without being too dependant on addons.
    As for the wraith and freddy i barely use them but i really want to start to use both of them (i main the hag currently) because i've seen really good freddies and wraiths around. People might use better addons with them, but i've seen others runnimg crappy addons or not addons at all and performing quite well.
    Addons might help, but at the end it's mostly about mind games and strategy.
  • Blueberry

@Whisky_Glass said:
    Blueberry said:

@Whisky_Glass said:

Blueberry said:

@Whisky_Glass said:

Blueberry said:

@Whisky_Glass said: ad19970 said:

@Whisky_Glass said:    MuttonChops said:

I do play both solo and swf, more solo without self care lately. Sometimes we all get destroyed, sometimes we all survive and sometimes killer gets the average of 2K.    Top tier killers sometimes rekt us and sometimes they get rekt, same goes for the "low tier" killer, so it's pretty much a skill issue rather than a balance issue. I've seen skilled players running "low tier" killers with a devastating map pressure and getting 3-4 K easily.    Personally i'm doing fine as a solo survivor and my escape rate is above 70% i'd say.    As a killer i get 3K at least in almost every match, 2K if i had a bad day and 1K if i'm extremely drunk.        Are you saying the game is balanced with the newest patch only? Or during this event because of the added objectives?        I'm saying that it's more balanced than it used to be (i'm not including the event) and it's not as bad as some people around say.

Some killers are more powerful than others, that is true, but all of them are viable at rank 1, some of them only require more skills. You see, the problem is that people claim that the game should be balanced around the perfect swf squad, but no one talks about perfect killer players. So if we only focus the balance around that perfect squad we are giving tools to mediocre players to be able to beat good survivors, and that's just wrong. No, all killers are not viable at rank 1. Yes you can easily get to rank 1 with any killer, but constantly performing well and getting at least 2k each game? Not unless you're playing against idiots, which do be fair can be a lot but it's not because the killer is viable.

You said "each game".

I said clown because many people here only consider billy and nurse the only good killers.
    I get good results with the trapper without being too dependant on addons.
    As for the wraith and freddy i barely use them but i really want to start to use both of them (i main the hag currently) because i've seen really good freddies and wraiths around. People might use better addons with them, but i've seen others runnimg crappy addons or not addons at all and performing quite well.
    Addons might help, but at the end it's mostly about mind games and strategy.

Consistency is key and I don't think those killers have it bar loading out very good addons or stupid survivors. By all means record or find a game showing me otherwise and I'll gladly change my stance. Currently if those killers do well it's not simply because they played well, their skill ceiling is quite low and against equally skilled survivors they will lose every time, that's my opinion backed by I think quite a lot of hours and high rank play.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

There shouldn't be a "power role", just survivors vs killers.

• CornChip
    CornChip Member Posts: 540

I don't even know what "Power role" means anymore. Is it just a way of saying that one side should be much much stronger than the other?

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Blueberry said:

By all means if you seriously believe that nonsense, post "one" video backing it up, anywhere. Let me see it. I think I do play them to their fullest potential as I have a massive amount of hours and years of rank 1 game play on them. However, if all you''re going to do is simply disagree with me on that then there's nothing I can possibly say here that would convince you otherwise, you simply just think you know better and I don't think you do. Getting to rank 1 with any killer is very different from consistently performing well with the killer at rank 1.

It's obviously pointless if you seriously refuse to believe all the video evidence out here since you'll do exactly what every other killer that's been confronted with video did. You'll say that's just 1 video of them dong it repeatedly, or 5 or 10 or they're just a streamer.

Tydetyme, Noob3, Panda, Tru etc all play those killers and do well on average, I could post a1k plus video's of streamers doing good yet you'd deny it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHklDPNc9WZFUY0jaZNdcFQ - TrU3Ta1ent Countless videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7pdAc6VEvI5ePDy-sBe7-Q - TydeTyme Countless videos

Those are just 2 with tons of videos and I could post countless more but that won't change your mind at all, the evidence is there that all killers can be viable at rank 1 While some are more viable than others if people can do a perkless/addon less Freddy/Nurse then it means they get the most out of those killers.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Not my experience at all. I play only solo and the only time survivors lose, is when someone disconnects early.

So survivors are still the greatest threat to themselves.
  • powerbats

@Tsulan said:
    Not my experience at all. I play only solo and the only time survivors lose, is when someone disconnects early.

True to an extent and I forgot to add that while everyone is viable at rank 1, some are more viable than others and that not everyone can play all those well at rank 1. On survivor side I can't play David reliably or Bill at rank 1 and Nea I just can't either. I've yet to try playing Kate, Quentin,, Feng, or Ace who i just got yesterday.

I can't stand playing as Laurie for some reason and Jake just makes me want to run to the killer and say take me i'm yours. But on average most killers at rank 1 that know what they're doing can hold their own or better against solo queue.

Duo swf are actually pretty easy for the sneaky killers to deal with since 1 will always try and save the other, so they can just prioritize at that point. The dc does pretty much mean it's a gg unless the killer is a boob but most often it's a 4 minute game for teh killer or quicker.

• Tsulan
    powerbats said:

@Tsulan said:

True to an extent and I forgot to add that while everyone is viable at rank 1, some are more viable than others and that not everyone can play all those well at rank 1. On survivor side I can't play David reliably or Bill at rank 1 and Nea I just can't either. I've yet to try playing Kate, Quentin,, Feng, or Ace who i just got yesterday.

I can't stand playing as Laurie for some reason and Jake just makes me want to run to the killer and say take me i'm yours. But on average most killers at rank 1 that know what they're doing can hold their own or better against solo queue.

Duo swf are actually pretty easy for the sneaky killers to deal with since 1 will always try and save the other, so they can just prioritize at that point. The dc does pretty much mean it's a gg unless the killer is a boob but most often it's a 4 minute game for teh killer or quicker.

Solo only sucks when someone disconnects or the others play like potatoes. Which still happens at rank 1. Most survivors don't know how to juke a killer or how to mindgame or stealth, even if they play p3 ninja claudette. 
  • powerbats

@Tsulan said:

Solo only sucks when someone disconnects or the others play like potatoes. Which still happens at rank 1. Most survivors don't know how to juke a killer or how to mindgame or stealth, even if they play p3 ninja claudette. 

Well given all the boosted accounts at rank 1 playing like lvl 20 you're pretty close to the truth, that and some people still haven't adapted to the pallet changes.

Although I just had a game where the survivor mentioned they just came back to the game and the match I ran as killer was well enjoyed. Some of my survivor matches at rank 1 people are playing like brand new level 20's although some of that's the event.

• Tsulan
    powerbats said:

@Tsulan said:

Well given all the boosted accounts at rank 1 playing like lvl 20 you're pretty close to the truth, that and some people still haven't adapted to the pallet changes.

Although I just had a game where the survivor mentioned they just came back to the game and the match I ran as killer was well enjoyed. Some of my survivor matches at rank 1 people are playing like brand new level 20's although some of that's the event.

Ranking up should be harder and mean something. Award rewards, etc.
  • powerbats

@Tsulan said:

Oh i agree and neither side should be able to hit rank 1 after reset for at least 2 weeks since it should take you that long just to grind hard levels out. The emblem system should be reworked as well but a lot of the ideas just won't work.

• Tsulan
    powerbats said:

@Tsulan said:

Oh i agree and neither side should be able to hit rank 1 after reset for at least 2 weeks since it should take you that long just to grind hard levels out. The emblem system should be reworked as well but a lot of the ideas just won't work.

Emblems were made easier because people wouldn't rank up (maybe some people are not as good as they think). Causing huge queues for high ranks. 
  • Cymer
    Cymer Member Posts: 946
    edited October 2018
    To every survivor out there who thinks they need a buff I have one single question: are you feeling frightened, overwhelmed and scared during the game?
    If yes, you are at the right spot for this kind of game. If not, more need to be done to make you run for your life and crap your pants!