Gideon Meat Plan - 20 to 30 SAFE PALLETS

Options
VSchmitt
VSchmitt Member Posts: 571
edited February 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Good job BHVR. Aside from absolutely trash breakable walls now Gideon has a gamebreaking amount of safe pallets.

GOOD

JOB

SO

FAR

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• Xpljesus
    Xpljesus Member Posts: 395
    Options

It always did lmao

• Xpljesus
    Xpljesus Member Posts: 395
    Options

Played it 10x today, seemed the same as always, was always a very survivor sided map to me so not surprised to hear this result, it really was just all safe pallets beforehand

• xXCAM3R0NXx
    xXCAM3R0NXx Member Posts: 387
    Options

I admit the loops have improved alottt, but this buff is balanced by how many DEAD ENDS THERE ARE.

There's literally one pallet which if dropped on the other side, you're stuck on a small dead ends with a breakable wall...

• Alphasoul05
    Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 601
    edited February 2021
    Options

The map was already bad before with safe pallets, especially the room above the bathroom having 2, then you drop down into 2 more super safe pallets, and there was a few more. Now, almost the entire map is 100% safe pallets. I watched one killer play and they ran into 14 safe pallets before finding one that was sort of mind-gameable, then the rest they ran into, minus one at the jungle gym downstairs, which you can play pretty hard.

But hey, at least the map looks cool, right? And in the end, isn't that all that really matters?

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,895
    Options

I dont have an issue with breakable walls, I have an issue with the location of breakable walls. Some are just added in that a killer is pretty much forced to kick, others you never even want to kick as a killer because it gives survivors practically an infinite. There are no in-between walls where its best for some killers to kick, but better for other killers to leave standing.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

Just take notes from lerys and add a couple of windows instead of pallets

• hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188
    Options

yep is truth, i notice an incrase in GOD pallets, i think this is the map wich the highest count on GOD pallets at the moment. before the uypdate had a lot aswell, washroom, above washroom, around latters, sometimes it spowns one in the middle, now there are everywhere. is ana amazing job there indeed.

• VSchmitt
    VSchmitt Member Posts: 571
    Options

Yeah, this map was always about-ish 10 god pallets and a few unsafe but now the sheer quantity of god pallets is just gamebreaking. You need to be a total pepega (or against nurse/hag/spirit) to lose in Gideon as survivor.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    Options

And I have played my Myers five times and gotten four 4Ks and one 3K so far. Did they balance it so it isn't so Killer-sided? Absolutely. It is not overcorrected the other way, however, and I'm happy to say it has been a blast. I am much more for them better balancing the indoor maps than losing them.

• TattooJake
    TattooJake Member Posts: 158
    Options

Good it balances out compared to new auto haven maps with HUGE dead zones

• savevatznick
    savevatznick Member Posts: 651
    Options

The Game wasn't survivor sided before, it was just terribly boring because the Killer / Survivor gameplay was run, kick pallet, run kick pallet until there are no pallets. Then the map is so small that each chase is a quick down.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,005
    Options

It's worse now, though, since they removed a lot of the clutter. Now you can see the killer for half way across the map due to all the empty space. There's only, what, two pallets that can be mindgamed? While the map looks good, it's terrible to play on. Worse now than before, in my opinion.

• savevatznick
    savevatznick Member Posts: 651
    Options

Honestly, I don't think the devs factor in the mindgameability of loops when they do maps. If you look at any of the recent maps or reworks, most of the pallets are de-factor strong or weak.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    Options

I was just about to say the same. There are many breakable walls where it’s BETTER to not break them because of the dead end it creates if survivors run that way.

• Bisexual_Kaiju
    Bisexual_Kaiju Member Posts: 24
    Options

They learned how to lie better, though, I'll give them that.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    Options

Not only can you see the Killer from further away, but the lighting also makes the red stain way more vibrant and noticable.

And some of the walls are literally broken, like, 3 times I could actually see the bloodstain from the other side of them. I don't play Killer at all and I am peeved by the shoddiness of some of this map.

It looks good though.

• shane32
    shane32 Member Posts: 383
    Options

I just played for the first time and was like ######### is this pallet after pallet

• gemjas
    gemjas Member Posts: 105
    Options

Yeah, I saw this on Otz's stream. It was such BS. Like, one survivor ran through a pallet and I was like "why didn't they drop it?", but then there was another safe pallet three steps ahead, lol.

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497
    Options

Can't believe they managed to make one of the most survivor sided maps even more survivor sided, it's ######### comical at this point.

• gemjas
    gemjas Member Posts: 105
    Options

I clipped a part from Otz's stream, because--lmao.

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624
    Options

Autohaven maps are a joke right now. Almost all of them are heavily killer-sided.

• Dovahkat963
    Dovahkat963 Member Posts: 46
    Options

Pallets aside, the lighting on the new Game is just atrocious. In the darker areas of the map, a survivor could just straight up stand still in the middle of the room and be invisible. The only reason I could track them at all was the shape of their feet against the scratch marks on the ground. And I'm not talking about blendettes here. It was happening with an Elodie with that bright green onesie skin, and even Yui with the traditionally colorful outfit.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171
    Options

Just played this map for the first time and I picked up my phone to immediately come to the Forum to see what the feedback was on it I had applied immense pressure on the survivors multiple times in the match and it was completely erased not buy anything that they did but because of breakable walls, hook locations, and the amount of pallets. I don't usually get stunned do I have to tear through a bunch of pallets of course but I usually see it coming and don't get stunned I got stunned three times that match just because I was going to swing turn the corner and all of a sudden there was a pallet in some weird spot. I had a Survivor slugged and then down a second was carrying to the hook couldn't get to the hook because of a breakable wall which I didn't see until I got closer to the hook survival wiggled off. Had the survivors been on there a game id of got smoked for sure. I'm a Rank 2 in the highest Survivor in my Lobby was a 4 the rest were greens. Not a fun map and fix the damn matchmaking it's also not fair for those green survivors to be in my match nor for that red Survivor to have green teammates.

• chargernick85
    Options

Another note my discordance kept going off and it took me forever to get to the generators because of either breakable walls or having to walk down a corridor for an entrance. Like I said was not a fun match for my bubba.

• chargernick85
    Options

Oh sorry I have a third thing to say about it the frame drops were crazy I play on Xbox so I've gotten used to certain things but this was much more than usual this was a very terrible experience.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,387
    edited February 2021
    Options

A lot of people talking about the map reworks: "The map design has improved so much and all the reworked maps are balanced"

The reworked map design:

Not saying all the reworked maps are bad, but they're not exactly good either. Like I think its blood lodge that has a insanely strong window even if you break the wall next to it that you can just loop until its blocked.

Now Gideon is just safe pallet town, oof.

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737
    Options

Who? Anyway, they know how their game works and how it's played. Still, that doesn't mean they're going to balance it accordingly.

• memento
    memento Member Posts: 158
    Options

I had believed a ton of pallets will be fixed when I played in PTB but they didn't. It's ######### crazy.

• Critical_Fish
    Critical_Fish Member Posts: 615
    Options

I played 1 game as Survivor on this map and got destroyed, but what're you going to do against a Spirit with teammates who are overly altruistic. Even then, though, she had to phase every time I dropped a pallet in order to get a hit.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,127
    Options

But if you come from the other side as killer and forget that this pallet is there, you created a God pallet.

• xXCAM3R0NXx
    xXCAM3R0NXx Member Posts: 387
    Options

But realistically who would forget this awful dead end and break a useless breakable wall? It's highly unlikely

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,127
    Options

I forgot it once because someone was clicking with their flashlight. That was on the PTB though.

And I swore to only make this mistake once.