New Animations and HUD seem really weird.

Robotfangirl67
Robotfangirl67 Member Posts: 640
edited February 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

I haven’t gotten the chance to play with the new update yet but from the videos I watched. I have to say the animation does look a little messy and I only say because from what I seen the survivor standing still while loading into the game looked really weird. I mean I know Killers load in the same way but at least they look a little bit more lively then the survivors. By which I mean from what I have studied from my experience with animation, they always taught us that our animations must be smooth. The animations I seen and have been talked about are not well made. I also don’t really understand why the change for the new HUD when the old was working fine with the updated engine?

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• toastypiggy
    toastypiggy Member Posts: 13

I’ve been having a hard time in games today because of the fact that I’m looking all over the screen trying to see what’s happening. The old hud was simple and all the info I needed was in the bottom left and right corners.

• ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334

I like the new animations 🤷‍♂️

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

Yeah it all looks so bad. The new HUD needs to go; idk how they could possible think the mobile game UI look would work in a modern game.

• toastypiggy

Exactly. Also, idk about you but the pallets look kind of weird in game now, almost like the mobile version.

• bernkillededdie
    bernkillededdie Member Posts: 5

I hate it so much (new player ui) that im whiling to never play Dead by Daylight again. I don’t know how the can suck the joy from someone that’s favorite game has been dbd since the jump start. Well you definitely did! Like I understand you want to update player UI for the better but LEAVE IT IN THE SAME SPOT IT HAS BEEN FOR 4 going on 5 YEARS! Why change that now. And the way the players move now:/ just stop ######### with the game man:(

• toastypiggy

I mean I’ve only been playing for two years but I’m right there with you. I gave up after two games today and don’t want to log back in because I simply cannot stand another match with this HUD.

• Ashen_Demon472
    Ashen_Demon472 Member Posts: 1

I've only played a couple matches today but it's not that bad to me. I don't see how it's a problem

• bernkillededdie
    bernkillededdie Member Posts: 5
    edited February 2021

:( it’s disgusting my friend and it hurts me to the core to say this but... fawking knob heads dude, definitely need to move everything back to where it was originally.

• JamoChamp
    JamoChamp Member Posts: 5

I've already given my opinion on the HUD in another post (I prefer the old one), so I won't go into it here. But the animations.. They're not likely going to make me quit playing, as the gameplay doesn't seem to have changed, although a friend of mine is convinced we move slower now. Probably just a slowed down animation? However, the standing animation in particular is weird. before they looked on-edge, scared, anxious and confused about their situation. It made sense. Now they stand like they're about to throw down with the killer. They're tensed up, and seem far more confident. They somehow look more cocky about having a monstrous killer within 100 feet of them.

As I said in the other post, why fix what wasn't broken? Was it bad, glitchy or dated before? I didn't think it was. 🤔