Why the hate for the 4.5.0 update?

Why do people hate it? personally i love it the survivors feel more alive and realistic some killers got a buff and i like the new hud but the fact that you can see how many times a survivor is hooked not so much

Overall i like it

Comments

• HuDawg
    HuDawg Member Posts: 312

Yep 3 times today so far as i got back from work escaped twice i wont count the other one since 2 survivors dced and as well as the killer

• HuDawg

Hitboxes were always pretty bad but i haven't seen any differences might want to check that

• TattooJake
    TattooJake Member Posts: 158

Thing is the vast majority of the community voiced their opinion especially about the UI changes in the PTB and didn’t like it at all. I personally think it’s trash and they should have left it the way it was. New animations are janky and just feel weird but I’m guessing time will make me get use to it. 2 things that really pissed me off with this patch is they took out the pushing esc thing where you could let go of M1 and continue with whatever action you were doing and they took out letting you use custom icon packs. You can still see the custom in the bloodweb but in a match it reverts back to the norm. I know it may seem petty but I liked these 2 things, especially not have to hold M1 for 80 seconds on a gen. Hit boxes do seem a bit weird but honestly when do they don’t? I have gotten use to getting hit from 2 survivor lengths away. What a joke.

Back on topic though like I said the majority said they didn’t like or want new UI changes but BVHR gives the middle finger to the community yet again. What else is new.

• rch614
    rch614 Member Posts: 551

They have been bad, yes. But they've gotten so much worse with the update, just watch some streams and play more yourself. The feedback on the forums say so as well.

• PGJSF
    PGJSF Member Posts: 369

Because survivors look and feel like mannequins and you have to check all the sides of your screen all the time instead of a corner.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    edited February 2021

Get downed in a cloud of Clown gas. Your survivor gets quite the work out. lmao

---

I've said my piece on the HUD. It is, in my opinion, the worst change to come to DbD ever. Even worse than the random Revving Engine-Horse sound added for no reason that one time. The game was basically unplayable for Survivors for that patch and this is worse.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    edited February 2021

Its weird, today I played against a streamer, when I finished the game I went to watch the stream and he was complaining about hitboxes and from his view he was right, some the hits did look like very far away, like they shouldnt have hitted him but from my view most of them were rather perfect distance except one hit during a pallet drop, but those are always janky.

I dont know what they did to hit validation, hit boxes and animations but they really messed something up.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Maybe this is all some cunning plan to even out the player ratio's...?

• Bisexual_Kaiju
    Bisexual_Kaiju Member Posts: 24

Because the devs refused to listen to feedback and lied about why.

• DerZuntor
    DerZuntor Member Posts: 293

I like the Update except for the awful Hitboxes the new Animations brought with them.

• Lo siento pero la nueva actualizacion de lo personajes no me gusta la forma en que estan de pie fue un cambio muy agresivo y no me gusto para nada se ve muy mal que el survivor se para totalmente erguido cuando lo esta siguiendo un killer don de ha visto eso antes ? muy mal ahi

• toastpuncher
    toastpuncher Member Posts: 1

Was it me lol, cas I was flipping out about killers swinging invisible trees at me. I have only wanted one thing in two years, better hit boxes. yet I get new survivors, killers and graphics instead. The hit boxes feel like they have gotten worse every 6 months since I got the game. I love the game I just want consistency match to match but I cant tell if a killers swing will hit me anywhere from 1 to 10 feet away

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

Clown got nerfed (because why the hell not), the updated maps are rubbish, the UI is ugly and counterintuitive, fps drops and fat shaming spots are back in full force, etcetera. Isn't all this enough to be pissed?

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089

Here is one reason out of 6 or 7 as to why I don't like this update

Clowns new bottles are negligible a 10%increase to movement speed after 2.5s in Scots video talking about 110vs 115 killers that movement was a .8s difference in about 12s so if we take that difference and double it you are saving about 10 m in all four bottels (10 is an estament because the time it lasts )then you have to reload so you lose all that distance you just put all 4 bottels into

• HuDawg

Well i take it back the hitbox is terrible even worse than before as i played spirit i phased hit a survivor from literally 8 mile! Yep the hitboxes definitely needs a change

• GravyRobbers85
    GravyRobbers85 Member Posts: 69

The clown did not get nerfed, he got an overhaul and it's improved his performance on both of the matches that I played with him today, so far.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited February 2021

You personally like it

But it seems most of the people personally dislike it

Not that the devs would give a #########

Plus it's specific parts of the update, not the whole thing. That needs to be understood very quickly here.

• _HN_
    _HN_ Member Posts: 385

I always LOVE when poeople make thos very dishonest posts asking "why poeple are upset", as if they somehow managed to read post of upset people, but the actual content of thos post managed to elude them.

How about you get a spine and just say "I like it"?

You KNOW why people are upset, they are LITERRRALLY telling everyone why they are upset and that's the reason why you know they are upset.

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737
    edited February 2021

No, he got shadow-nerfed. They reduced the speed at which his gas clouds spread, and increased the cooldown between bottle throws. :)

Post edited by Acromio on