Clowns speed bottel is almost useless change my mind

Options
onemind
onemind Member Posts: 3,089
edited February 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Above

Now here's my reason behind it

Clowns new bottles are negligible a 10%increase to movement speed after 2.5s in Scots video talking about 110vs 115 killers that movement was a .8s difference in about 12s so if we take that difference and double it you are saving about 10 m in all four bottels (10 is an estament because the time it lasts )then you have to reload so you lose all that distance you just put all 4 bottels into

Now tell me where a speed bottle could do something that a pink one couldn't that's not getting to a gen quicker

And I know clown is king will be interested so maybe he can change my mind

Edit for king clown I did try zanshin the cooldown is just too long and I allready have an idea where pallets are

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• onemind
    Options

Yea I tried to throwing it between loops but I would just rather slow them down because then they have to slow vault a window at a jungle gym and get hit or pre drop the pallet

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    Options

How about instead of going by a video, use it yourself.

The Antidote is great. Survivor can’t get away when you also intoxicate them.

• Decarcassor
    Decarcassor Member Posts: 651
    Options

If a survivor you are chasing got behind cover where you can't easily land a Tonic bottle, you can use an Antidote, provided that you have enough space to pass in the cloud as it activate without having to stop. Thats about it, and its really not much in addition to being very circumstancial.

Other uses of the Antidote are dubious at best. The distance gained is so minimal that it doesn't really feel worth the expenditure of a bottle.

• Starr43
    Starr43 Member Posts: 872
    Options

I used them at super long fences and a well timed one got me a hit I wouldn’t have landed at the crotus prenn building. They aren’t the most useful asset but a god gamer clown will surely wind up with montages in no time.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

I touched on this when the specifics of the rework came out. It's not impactful enough to justify burning bottles for in most situations. You still only get 4 bottles at base. Any benefit I gain from it is so marginal that it's eaten up by all the extra reloads I do from using more bottles. Clown never needed two bottles to get hits at loops if the player was placing bottles correctly. The whole rework is bizarre to me. They didn't understand what actually made Clown weak IMO.

• burntFuse
    burntFuse Member Posts: 290
    Options

Only played one Clown game with the new bottles, but using the Cigar Box add-on worked pretty well. Chuck it at a gen before kicking it and if anybody's nearby you get to see their aura and you got a speed boost to run around the corner and hit them.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531
    Options

I don't see a point to them.

They're annoying to use in chases, but they have an impactful effect so it's understandable. The only problem is; Clown was already good in chases. They do nothing to actually fix his problems, (map mobility), which is why I see them as a redundant failure.

At least the three second reload is nice.

• onemind
    edited February 2021
    Options

I only based the number around that every thing else I came up on my own and I can use the 4.6MMS so a you are moving 4.8m per a second If you subtract the the 4mps due to survivor being 100% movement speed an average loop is about 5 to 7m in area

A survivor should get to a window or pallet a in about 3a in that time you could throw a slow bottle reducing the surivor speed to I believe to 3.7mps and denying fast vaults as well if you were to throw a speed bottel the survivor still moves at 4mps because of the 2.5s delay and they still get a window extending the loop by another 2s

Now I could try the catch up between loops method in that case I throw a speed bottle I go 4.8maps and throw a slow to slow the survivor making them 3.7 so I get a 2.3mps difference or 35% for about 5s 7 with addons but this method only works on people who hold w not to mention you have 2 bottels so you would have to use all 4 bottles to utilize this method to down 1 player now you have to reload this method is just too inefficient and time consuming to be viable at the upper ranks despite the reload buff

I could go on but then I would have to tldr this and I don't know how to summarize this without explanation

• onemind
    Options

No no clown at base is still the same minuse some addons so there's nothing to change out thoughs on that but I guess me just using something that was allready pre set wasn't bonafide so I had to start from scratch and use numbers to explain why I think the speed bottels are almost useless

• TheClownIsKing
    edited February 2021
    Options

Clown moves 5.06m per second for 5 seconds. If he also intoxicates a survivor as well, he’ll be moving a total of 1.66 m per second faster than a survivor.

Throw an antidote at a survivor in the distance, quickly switch and throw a tonic, by which time Clown passes through the activated antidote, and the survivor has little chance of reaching somewhere safe before Clown hits them.

• onemind
    edited February 2021
    Options

Hmm I was wrong in my math thank you for the point out I shall re do the numbers omg I'm dumb I forgot to add the extra .5 because its 10% not 5 in that case I guess they aren't completely useless just I dont see many reasons to use them over the slow other than mobility and when you can't get an angel on survivor thank you for the correction

edit I can see uncommon occasions where you have the angels to use both like the window in rancid aboutuair or how ever you spell it or ormond stair case this is only my day one conclusions so I hope that I can change my mind on this

• TheClownIsKing
    Options

You also have the numbers wrong for Hindered. Clowns Hindered at base is 15% (3.4 m per second), and Flask of Bleach makes it 20% (3.2 m per second)

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,097
    edited February 2021
    Options

Basically this. The whole "bait" premise proposed by the devs is completely asinine. I can't ever think of a time that I would intentionally go out of my way to run into Clown's gas. I have more than 50 hrs in the game.

As a Clown, I'm not taking the risk of a survivor making a strong loop with their speed burst. The closing distance between purple slow and my speed is greater than yellow and their speed. They think they've devised some galaxy brain-level strats with the two bottles, but it's inefficient overall no matter how you slice it.

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784
    Options

Nah it's not useless. It's just much more niche and specific than the Tonic.

• JimboMason
    JimboMason Member Posts: 759
    Options

clown rework, so far, is pretty bad, dont know why they went with this

• Ghost_Face_Main
    Ghost_Face_Main Member Posts: 618
    Options

After playing him enough times to think, I'd say it's more 50/50 than anything. I've been able to end loops with either a smart combination of both bottles or just the Antidote bottle alone. Some of those times, it proved to be ineffective at giving me an advantage, but soley on the fact that those loops were pretty safe to say the least.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    Options

Would like to see how good it is when carry a survivor. How far can you get before survivor wiggles out compared to Agitation in meters? Would be intresting to know. Agitation is better of course but how much better..

• BaldursGate2
    BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994
    Options

They could not made it any more complicate to unleash his potential. You have to precise throw these things almost perfectly. So, why not just play a killer, that is initialy better, without having to play perfectly? HE SUCKS.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    edited February 2021
    Options

you don't look at the total distance you look at the speed you catch to survivors, people who are using the new bottles to traverse the map are not using them right they are strictly for chasing and you use BOTH of them not just one. you also have to remember that you are cutting off survivors as you are faster and slowing them down, unless you are just running in a straight line and they are as well you can't use the distance you gain on them to get numbers simply because survivors are not traveling in straight lines.

Why do you think people don't chase with 4.4 killers normally at loops it's because that small increase in speed at loops makes a big difference now take a killer who is specialized at that and a lot of loops become unusable against him without using the pallet right away.

This is especially noticeable at structures like jungle gyms using both bottles makes it nearly impossible to reach the next pallet or vault.

you can also just stand on the pallet if they don't throw it down and use the antidote there with tonic and they simply can't avoid the hit.

• PerfectlyPink
    PerfectlyPink Member Posts: 435
    Options

Ive been playing with and against clown a bit, and man... Its the exact same as before. Run to pallet, drop pallet, pallet gets broke. Over and over and over.

It's sucks to play pallet breaking sim as clown, and it sucks to have such unengaging chases as survivor

• Exerath1992
    Exerath1992 Member Posts: 1,035
    Options

Its very useful, but I'm not about to debate to change your mind. You have to have skill and critical thinking skills to use it properly, its okay, just keep playing your favorites buddy