Is anybody else experiencing rainbow ranks today?

gendoss
gendoss Member Posts: 2,270

I played about 15 games today and I don't think a single one of them had 4 red rank survivors. Every game had at least 1 green rank and sometimes a yellow/brown rank sprinkled in. Apparently MMR isn't on but for some reason the ranks have been so off today and it's been awful because it genuinely feels like it's a 2v1 most of the time.

Comments

• Probably cause the update made the player base go WEeeeee~

• Karna5
    Karna5 Member Posts: 34

Beats me what the formula is. I played around 15 matches as a level 1 doctor with only one perk and no addons or stuff, and after the first six or so matches each game had at least one rank 4 player and lots of rank 6 or 8 players even though I was rank 20 (am now around rank 18).

In fact, I doubt I've had a single killer match in the last few days where people were my player rank. They're usually 10 or 14 ranks above me.

I've watched around a hundred games of my girlfriend playing killer, and they regularly pit her against rank 2 or 6 when she was 16 or 14.

My best guess then and now is they're having trouble matching players to killers. Even though there are 33 to 45k active players at any given moment, there must be an imbalance of killers to survivors, so they're just trying to fill slots. That's only a guess, but it's what I suspect.

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624

Same as before. nothing changed for my matchmaking.

• Retromind
    Retromind Member Posts: 156

Playing at night is the worst, literally every game is packed with crouching Claudettes and Megs who cannot loop a killer for more than 5 seconds.