Feedback for UI & Animation

Options

Comments

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,737
    Options

I play on PS4 on a big screen TV and the information is spread out all over the screen. That's not good. It's especially not good as survivor when repairing a generator, as the extremely important information about my teammates' health statuses are not in peripheral view of the progress bar and skill checks. Not only are they not nearby, they're also not as easy to read; I can't glance at it quickly to gain all the necessary info in part because it's vertical instead of horizontal.

The survivors' names are not important information. They're not. It was good to have them along the bottom of the screen where they were totally out of the way. Now, on this new HUD, the names are jutting out from the side of the screen. When I make the HUD smaller to try to counteract having this useless text in my FOV, everything gets smaller. The names become unreadable, but they're still there jutting out.

Because the survivor status bars are no longer centered, they're more difficult to read. What's the halfway point? I dunno. It's even more difficult for console players who are probably sitting at an angle from their television, because there's no point of reference to use now like there was when the bars were centered.

Having the survivor information vertical along the side of the screen is awful both for quick readability and for taking up important space in the player's FOV.

• Azael
    Azael Member Posts: 15
    Options

The new animations make movement feel slow and almost delayed, and some of them look absolutely stupid. The old movement was fine, but new animations aren't a problem, the problem is when the movement feels different. As far as the ui I don't think it's a huge issue, but I do think the old one was better, the white drawn character images looked and worked really well on the screen.

• arla6
    arla6 Member Posts: 1
    Options

Tbh I can get used to the new HUD if I keep playing which I really don't feel after the new animations..

The point that all the informations are spread apart on your screen makes you feel dizzy and confused. My idea would be to change it back how it was, BUT it'll include the new changes.

The animations... Yeah, they really feel unnatural. It's like survivors are not afraid of anything anymore, they're just puppets. Fells like they're VR characters but we can only control them through mouse and keyboard/controller. They supposed to be sneaky, it's a horror game after all. And let's not talk about the new hitboxes and how slow it feels to move or run, like they're really heavy.

I strongly think that this change was extremely unnecessary and the fact that nobody liked it and the devs completely ignored the community's opinion doesn't make it any better.

• germoyo
    germoyo Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2021
    Options

The only reason I played DBD was for its movement and how rewarding it felt to moonwalk, 360 juke and do all kinds of weird looking stuff. It was great and it took me a lot of practice to get to do it consistently. That was the only fun I got from the game, because I never enjoyed sitting on gens, sneaking around, looping the killer optimally (which to me seemed quite repetitive) or playing killer. Therefore, it is really disappointing to see how just by adding an animation for sudden or sharp turns, all of these really 'cool' things you could do have been ruined and just look awful now. It is not impossible to do, but it just doesn't have the same feel anymore. I know it's not happening, but I wish you removed that specific animation. The other ones are something we can get used to, but unless that specific animation is changed, those mechanics that gave the game a great skill cap and an alternative way of playing have lost all of their charm.

• squiz1
    squiz1 Member Posts: 1
    Options

unpopular opinion but I legit like the new ui, I like the ui scale so you don't have to squint to see things and with everything spread out its not as cluttered in one spot. Just thought I would post this so devs can see not everyone hates it. thanks

• Hugs4trapdad
    Hugs4trapdad Member Posts: 55
    Options

Why is the 'leave' button when spectating up on the top left now, when all other 'spectate'/'continue'/'ready'/etc. buttons are down on the bottom left/right? I know it's small, but it feels really awkward.

• Quicksilver
    Quicksilver Member Posts: 1
    Options

While the UI has some interesting quality of life improvements such as the hook counter, it’s the overall aesthetic and placement of the UI that is messy. The previous UI had all of the important information located on one side of the screen, only having to look to the bottom left to see gens remain and status of fellow team mates, meaning that the player is able to digest the relevant info all at once. Now the player has to look at around 5 different spots on the screen to find the information, which can be very awkward and distracting, particularly for players with a lot of game time under their belts and so have muscle memory for the old UI. The previous UI was perfect for players while this new UI looks like the overlay for a stream for a tournament; which I mean it has all the info needed for a viewer to be aware of what is happening but is hard for a player to pay attention to because it’s all over the screen and the player also needs to pay attention to the gameplay itself. The character portraits are an interesting addition but aesthetically do not feel right, perhaps using the icons for the adept trophies would be an improvement. If we are unable to revert back to the original HUD can we at least have an option to rearrange the layout of the new hud to fit our personal preferences as a player.

• lavenderclouds__
    Options

I don’t care that the new HUD looks different, but why did it have to be all over the place? just rearrange it like the old one. and maybe size up the hook stage/bleeding out bars. I have gigantic monitors and still can’t really see them. Considering that no one really has a reason to look up in the game, because we don’t need to run through the sky.

The Animations are okay. besides that when the Survivor is hit, they shouldn’t stand up that straight anymore and the leg movement also doesn’t match.

• StargamerXD
    StargamerXD Member Posts: 27
    edited February 2021
    Options

[Veteran | Survivor Main | 4k+ hours | Since early 2018]

I simply just can't go over the fact that you changed the animations. Things like the repairing animation are fine. But the movement? The movement/animations for survivor were so iconic. The survivor jogged around the map. You felt so free doing moonwalks when ever you can. I know you still can do moonwalks, but thats not the point. It also looks really weird if you start one. Devs be like "Oh yeah you can still do them. Checkmate, the veterans are happy". Now the connection between you and the survivor is now completely gone. I don't know what the f*ck the survivor is doing. They look way too stiff. They don't look back anymore. And the 180-turn animation? Nobody asked for that. What is a "quality-of-life" update worth, if you piss the whole community off? This animation messes with 360s. But what do I know. 360s are way to overpowered and if a typical Rank 20 can't do them may just get rid of them completely. Am I right?

And the HUD? Why completely change it? Build around it. There are so many great suggestions that people already have made. The worst thing for me is that the ESC tech is gone. For those of you who did not know what is was: Basically you do any action (M1/M2) without holding it down. Like you only toggle it. This neat trick was the best. You could take a sip of your drink while doing a gen and not worry about skill checks, because you have a hand free for skill checks. After Skybilly this was the best bug that happened to this game.

I beg you to please revert the survivor animations (most of them).

@lavenderclouds__ The devs probably wanted that the injured survivor to look that straight/stiff so they don't lean out of their own hitbox anymore. Lazy devs...

• bdzr
    bdzr Member Posts: 37
    Options

Well I'd like to make the point aware that the game looks like it's going back in evolution. It looks like the mobile game was slapped onto the PC version and I'm getting hit around corners while the nurse sees im one inch away from her. I'd like to figure out why these bugs aren't being found during the prerelease and fixed before it comes out. The Devs give themselves a release date and they feel like they have to stick to that so if there are obvious bugs, i'd rather have the delay then have to play with them. The gens at the top and players at the side make it hard to concentrate because before I could have a way to concentrate on what's going on but now I'm throwing pallets down instantly because I don't want to get hit through them.

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
    Options

Here are just some highlights

1. Hud needs minor adjustments. Enlarge survivor pictures some and greatly increase hook meter. Move generators to bottom

2. Give killers same hook information. No reason to take that from killers. More annoying than being a challenge.

3. Remove breakable walls on The Game and greatly reduce pallets. Chases are nearly impossible to do on it and few killers are viable on it as is. This is my biggest critique overall and most urgent imo.

4. Clown antidote- reduce time to activate and don't benefit survivors. As is, I have little reason to use new bottles since they can be easily used against me which is pretty unique to clown who was already considered weaker than a lot of killers.

5. Go back over some animations. Some running animations while injured look off (David King for example)

Positives

1. Hud overall looks promising but just needs some minor changes to be really solid

2. Clown reduction of bottle refill time was much needed

3. Although minor, glad wraith got a buff

4. The maps look a lot better and they stand out more. Love the references in The Game map

• Aluc4rt2007
    Aluc4rt2007 Member Posts: 3
    Options

Okay, first thank you Behavior to always have an open ear and mind to the Comunitys Suggestion.

As the most Comments here mine is also for the positioning of the New UI . I think overall it is nice to have a New one and you have to get used to the New Design but please Switch the location from the power/or item with the survivor Icons it would be so much better and it shouldn't be too mich work for you guys.

I hope really that you will work on it as soon as possible, because now it is just frustrating to search what you need to know the most.

• lostboy
    lostboy Member Posts: 89
    Options

I prefer the new hud to the white and black version. Just please put it in the bottom left corner or bottom right corner. I don’t even stream and I hate it plastered all over the place.

• DeepThinks
    DeepThinks Member Posts: 3
    Options

Synopsis

The new information that the UI provides is a nice change. The addition of a hook counter allows survivors to easily monitor each other's hook states so they can assess whether to save another player or not - e.g. if they're downed and on death hook but you're near a gate, no reason to run back in. However, I dislike the layout of the new UI and I believe there are better visual alternatives to the ones we have, as well as the ignored feedback causing a lo of resentment. The new animations are bit iffy, though.

UI Layout

Having the information spread out across literally the entire screen is not helpful. It makes the information tedious to read and it's unfortunately more annoying than helpful. Simply condensing it all to the bottom corner was a far better alternative and it was much easier to read and take in at a glance.

Please update the information back to a single corner so it can be easily read.

Visual Alternatives

I know I'm not the first to suggest this, but the survivor portraits have much better alternatives. The coloured body shots are inconsistent with the rest of the UI's monochrome layout and distract from gameplay; it would look much nicer with images that use the white and red so it doesn't stand out. Other people have used the Adept Survivor icons from the achievements and it looks fantastic, since the icons already exist, are consistent with the layout, and are more true to each survivor's base look.

Please update the survivor icons to the icons used for Adept Survivor achievements.

Ignored Feedback

I know this is literally a thread asking for people's feedback but hear me out lol. When the change to the UI was first announced, people voiced their dislike for it. When the change to the UI went to the PTB, people continued to voice their dislike for it. Now, the UI has come to the live servers. As the community consistently and repeatedly spoke poorly about the UI update, it's a wonder that the change went live regardless. Ignoring feedback from the community has lead to resentment and is one of the main points presented when people explain their frustration at the update.

Please listen to the community when the player base nearly unanimously says something is a bad idea.

New Animations

Although I didn't think the animations were by any means a priority, they have been updated and many people don't like them. For the most part, I think the animations are fine and that people should adjust since the entire game is making strides to be more modern. However, the animations are still clunky and everything in the crawling animation is weird. With the exception of healing someone on the floor, squatting down to heal instead of bending over 10/10.

Please continue to refine the animations so they appear more natural and smooth.

• Morbid
    Morbid Member Posts: 24
    Options

My main issue with the new UI is the portraits and them being in the top left of the screen. The design of the UI completely removes that hand drawn stylized look and feel of what you originally had. It now looks way too modern. It's supposed to be an intense and spooky game and the simple hand drawn aesthetic was a perfect fit. I honestly don't know why the team at BHVR didn't use the stylized portraits from the achievements or something which would keep the original vision of the UI intact.

I was getting very nauseas looking all over the screen for information. No offence to whoever designed the new UI but I severely dislike it and how it's now all spread out. There is just too much clutter. I want to be able to look at one portion of the screen for info and then back to playing. I get that you added a new smoke visual for the Clown to represent which bottle he has equipped but honestly just a colour change on the power icon would have sufficed. If this was one of the reasons to move the UI all over the place then I seriously think this was a bad move because it has severely disrupted gameplay for a lot of people. Please listen to your fans. Look at what the Culling did to their game. They just changed everything, dug their heels in and didn't listen to any community feedback. I started playing your game mid last year and put in over 1000 hours already probably spent a few hundred £ in the cash shop and now I kind of just want to stop playing because of the amount of bad updates you release and I don't mean that to criticise you. I'm just disheartened by it all. I get excited to play then realise how many things are broken or unnecessarily changed. Please listen to your player base. I want what's best for the game but this is not it. The UI needs to be changed.

As for animations I feel like they are far too stiff. The standing position of the survivor doesn't scream "I'm scared" or in some kind of creepy realm and I need to fight for survival. And the running animations especially while injured are very goofy looking and unnatural. I like the smooth transitions but overall they could have done with more time in the oven before pushing them out to a live build.

I hope I was constructive enough giving my points of view.

• Critical_Fish
    Critical_Fish Member Posts: 615
    Options

I dont think that, if they are saying they can't revert it, they can make a hud even somewhat customizable. The base of this game's code is trash in it's purest form, which is why when one thing is changed, 3 other unrelated things are broken and bugged.

The solution is just to revert it, and add the few benefits of the current one to it.

• Eathian
    Eathian Member Posts: 82
    Options

Just adding this bit here for visibility.

The new animation/camera is making me motion sick. The sudden camera drop on survivor down makes me very nauseous. Going to have to stop playing until that is removed unfortunately.

• rebecca123
    rebecca123 Member Posts: 32
    Options

Animations - They are truly dreadful , sorry but prior animations looked more realistic. They walk so stiff and rigid atm. So bizarre that there are a million great changes you could do that the community would love , such as upgrading servers, getting more servers , looking at hit boxes , plugging gaps that hackers have exposed but this is what you guys want to work on . Disappointed.

The new UI - it never needed adjusting in all honestly , again other more pressing areas could have been prioritised to keep and also grow the player base

• limelightliz
    limelightliz Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2021
    Options

I know it’s being said by pretty much everyone, but please revert the HUD or check out the awesome work that community members did to help come up with a user friendly approach. I appreciate the work you all have done to build this game and the community but I found myself so frustrated last night attempting to play. Tbh, especially after the huge controversy over making things more friendly for disabled players... I have some strong doubts this is the direction that should have been chosen.

also I can’t see the health bar almost at all, because it’s with a full color image it makes it not stand out.

• wisdomwielder
    wisdomwielder Member Posts: 348
    Options

I have a really hard time keeping track of survivor status effect changes now. When someone became injured, the hud change was so noticable, it was something I could pick up out the corner of my eye without having to actually focus on that part of the screen. The contrasting change from white to red was blatant. It made it really easy to keep tabs on everyone. Status bars like the hook bar or mending bar are also more difficult to read (and I also have to take my eyes off he action completely.) Now I don't immediately notice when someone is in trouble because I don't notice status effect changes. Same with killer. I don't immediately notice when someone is pulled off of a hook or healed because I'm usually entirely focused on the action.

I want everything important in the bottom left again with clear, concise information, and white stylized character pictures.

Killers also need the tally marks. Killers who tunnel will tunnel. People who want the hook marks want it so they can *avoid* tunneling. The hook ring is unnecessary if you have this instead.

This isn't a mobile game. Stop it with the mobile game hud.

• TwoSoup
    TwoSoup Member Posts: 2
    Options

After playing several games with the UI as both killer and survivor, I can say that this new UI is in no way better than the old one other than with the addition of hook counters. However, I have numerous issues with the UI:

• The UI is FAR too scattered, my eyes have to dart everywhere just to understand what's happening, which is very bad in a game where quick decisions need to be made and every second counts. The old UI was objectively better to play with because all I had to do was look at the bottom left to gain a perfect understanding of what was happening.
    • The UI is more complex, and not in a good way. The simplistic style of the old UI was much better, it captured the tone of DBD perfectly, while the new one lacks personality in order to use character portraits (which are inaccurate most of the time anyways due to cosmetics).
    • It's SO MUCH HARDER to tell how much longer you have left on status effects, especially the red ones such as exhausted - and I'm not even colorblind. The black centers with the red/yellow outlines and then another thicker red/yellow outline around them just do not work. The previously all red/all yellow status effects with gray outlines worked much much better and were way easier to use at a glance (and again, were more stylized than the new iteration).
    • I know I already touched on how spread out the UI is, but I feel like the placement of the generator count is so poor that it's worth pointing out on its own. Seriously, top center is not where this should be placed. This should go where the survivor portraits are, no questions asked.
    • The killer hook counter is pretty good but doesn't give me as much information as I'd like. The counter still goes up when someone who is on the hook progresses from 1st phase to struggle phase, or if they die on the hook. This means I can't tell exactly how many hooks I have, which isn't great since being able to do so with a counter would be great when going for a killer adept achievement or an archive challenge that requires a certain amount of hooks. Maybe there could be two different colors for the bars, gray for the total amount of hook states and red (or another color depending on feedback regarding colorblindness) for amount of actual hooks? For example, let's say a killer has hooked 3 survivors and then 2 of them reached the struggle phase on hook - there could be 3 red bars to show that you've gotten 3 hooks, and then 2 more gray bars to account for total hook states. I think that would be a good way to present both total hook states and total hooks while retaining the feeling of killer progress throughout a match. I have to say, I wasn't expecting the hook counter to make a difference with how I feel when playing, but it actually does provide a feeling of "I'm winning/doing well" as killer, just like the gen counter does for a survivor. I look forward to seeing this hook counter improve.
    • Whenever a survivor is injured, downed, or healed, there isn't as big of an effect as there should be in order to draw a player's eyes to the corner of the screen. Previously, there was always a red blood splatter behind a survivor on the UI which would draw your eyes to the new change in gameplay. The new effect is much less pronounced and often leaves me unaware of when a health state changes as both survivor and killer. As killer your eyes would be drawn to the corner and you'd be able to quickly go "oh shoot, this person just got picked up" or "oh, they're healing". As a survivor, your eyes would be drawn to the corner and you'd be able to quickly go "oh shoot, this person is in chase, I should go for the unhook" or "oh, that person just got picked up by another survivor, I can continue to do this generator". The new UI needs something more to draw your eyes to that corner of the screen when something important happens. This principle of eyes being drawn somewhere also applies to the generator count. With the old UI when a gen was completed, the generator symbol as well as the number of generators left would grow large for a second and flash white, drawing attention to the change. With the new UI, it only flashes white, which doesn't draw the eyes enough.
    • The killer power/survivor item placements don't really feel aligned with the perk slots to me. It might be that they're higher up on the screen, but I can't pinpoint it exactly. It just feels kind of off to me.
    • This isn't really related to the UI itself and how it works, but it's another positive for gameplay that I think is worth mentioning. Previously, whenever I was affected by a perk for the first time in a match as a survivor (for example, Sloppy Butcher, Franklin's Demise, the exposed status effect given by Devour Hope and NOED, etc), I would experience a small hitch in my frames. This was very annoying and would often disorient me. However, with the new UI, this no longer seems to be an issue, and the game seems to run much more smoothly once perks like these affect me. I can only assume that this is simply because of the work done for the UI in the code, but I thought it was worth mentioning that the new UI does at the very least seem to be optimized as far as coding goes.

That's my feedback regarding UI. Regarding survivor movement and animation changes...

• Survivor movement simply doesn't feel as fun as it did beforehand. Moonwalking isn't the same, attempting to spin killers is entirely gone, teabagging, while trivial, isn't the same. The old survivor animations had a lot of charm while looking perfectly fine in my opinion. I think the new animations for the most part are alright, but I do prefer the old ones, and I also prefer how the old ones felt to use. Even for memes such as looking around and nodding, the new animations just lack the charm that the old ones did. The way a survivors entire body moved to look around was much better.
    • The new injured animation is flat out worse than the old one. It's so much more difficult to tell at a glance when someone is injured, which negatively affects gameplay for both survivors and killers. You can't as easily call out the need to be healed because your running animation is similar to the healthy running animation. I feel that the old one both looked better and served its purpose better in order to clearly call out which health state the survivor was in.
    • As a survivor, hits almost NEVER feel fair now. It's almost always the killer clearly missing the survivor and then the survivor getting hit anyway. It's really jarring and makes judging distance between you and the killer very difficult for deciding when to drop a pallet. I hope that this is fixed.
    • I REALLY do not like the way the camera angle moves down as a survivor when you get downed, and I also strongly dislike the new crawling movement. I much prefer the old movement for crawling, and the new camera angle is downright obnoxious and has no reason to be in the game.
    • The new animations aren't all bad. I actually quite like the new interaction animations for bleeding out, failing a self-care skill check, recovering and being picked up from the ground, and crawling into hatch (this last one is amazing, I still can't help but laugh when I see it). These animation changes are all stellar and I hope to see more like them for other interactions in the future, such as healing and cleansing totems. The animations that need work are interaction animations, not movement animations.

That's my feedback regarding movement and UI changes. Thanks for reading and please take some of my suggestions to heart.

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,053
    Options

The HUD is all over the place, my head hurts from just looking at it due to important information being everywhere on my screen.

Most animations don't look polished and feel robotic and stiff, the new turning animations are still broken from the PTB (The little dance is still possible for a second or so).

The healthy animations are mostly ok other than that awful cursed idle animation, Survivors should feel scared, not asserting dominance.

The injured animations look very weird and unnatural, especially the running and idle animations, the walking is fine actually.

The crouching (healthy and injured) animations are ok, they aren't bad.

The crawling animation is great until you move left and right, the sluggish movement also doesn't help.

The crawling hatch escape animation is pretty good! Also the standing up animation is great.

• Shizon
    Shizon Member Posts: 13
    Options

I'll just say my opinion as a WebDesigner & WebDeveloper with decent UX experience.

The UI doesn't look bad itself but it a few things make the UX worse.

While it is a very good idea to distinguish the character used by survivors, but colored status icons only feel nice when everyone is uninjured. Injured icons are harder to identify between healthy ones; it was much easier when the icon was all mono white and not only the injured person-icon itself but also the red blood next to it made it immediate to locate which survivor was injured and which was not. With new UI i personally need one or two seconds to look at them to realize the situation, and it's a lot. It's distracting.

Also the hook progress and blood progress (when in dying state) feel really invisible and it's terribly impossible to say how much time there's left without staring at the icon looking for the progress bar at first, and the actual dark dark red inside it. It's painful and eye-exhausting.

The whole survivor health status section feels distant.

On the top right, bonuses feel too small and unreadable. They're temporary and i think never stack more than 2/3 at the same time, so it's pointless to dedicate a whole screen corner to them. The old position was perfect.

In general the layout makes me feel lost between informations that are too spread.

Skill checks feel bigger and more visible, which is really great and makes it much more comfortable to perform skill checks.

Hooks counter is a very good UX improvement but it could be even better with a more simple and minimal UI.

• DemsByDaylight
    DemsByDaylight Member Posts: 1
    Options

please undo these movement changes!!! it's horrible! it's like if you would change a spraying pattern on CS, just don't do this kind of ######### :x i love the new map graphics, the UI COULD look nice, if it wasn't all spread out like that, just put all that info in the left side corner and that's it!!! or let us change position/size of everything...

but for me, the most important thing is to change back to the old movement... this changes EVERYTHING... it's horrible now... please please please, LISTEN to the community..... :(

• Outlaw64
    Outlaw64 Member Posts: 17
    Options

Thanks for making this thread. Don't know if this makes a difference, but I play on Nintendo Switch and on a big screen tv.

The UI is not user friendly and inferior to the old one because all the information is spread out to different parts of the screen.

I'm also not a fan of the portraits because it's a basic portrait. I don't think it helps to differentiate between 4 Claudettes for example. It would be a cool solution if the portraits could mirror the cosmetics of the player.

The words for when you are awarded points also feels harder to read. I have bad eye sight in general, but it was easier to read text on the old UI.

The old UI is better because the information was mostly in the same spot where my eyes don't have to go all over the place. I think in general players only divert their eyes to further places to look out for the killer, finding totems, pallets, etc.

If the change was done to better help mobile resolutions, I think maybe you can revert to the old UI for any device that is not mobile, or let players have the option to switch between the two UI's.

Lastly, the animations feel a bit weird when they run. I think they can benefit from motion capture and then tweak with key frame animation to get the feel you are going for.

Hope this helps and thanks for being open to feedback.

• cowens55554
    cowens55554 Member Posts: 10
    Options

Ive only been playing DBD for a few months now but this new update is for lack of a better word questionable. The UI is allover the place making it much harder to tell at a glance the important information you need. The animations on survivors are extremely stiff and odd looking and after playing for a day it legitimately feels like Im running through mud away from a killer who is the same movement speed as before not to mention the way the camera seems positioned its much harder to discern distance from the killer AND on top of that I've been getting some of the worst latency hits I've ever had in this game. I feel like with the new animations it also came with different model hitboxes because I seem to get stuck on the smallest things like against walls etc. I was extremely excited to purchase and level my first rift but with this update Im debating on doing that because Idk if I want to invest more time in a game that doesnt feel the way it did when I first started. I'm not an OG or anything but I know what the game felt like and I know what it feels like now and this is a serious downgrade. Please do something to fix this!

• Zoluiaa
    Zoluiaa Member Posts: 1
    Options

hello , i started playing this game late december and i just wanted to say i really enjoyed this game when it was normal , now that there is a new Ui and animations i hate it so much , its difficult for me to get a win (im rank 4) im not use to this new ui and the realistic look and new maps doesnt fit the game even the posture of the survivors and the way they run while injured is horrible the game was perfectly fine the way it was i hope soon there will be a way where we can go back to the old ui because the new ui ruined everything i wont be surprised if a lot of people quit the game is ruined now for survivors and yall basically made it easier for the killers which is very unfair ive been playing so bad now since the update came out and i know alot of people agree that the update should be changed back to the old ui. The way our characters stand up so straight is too noticeable and we stand up like Michael basically and i hate it we get noticed too quickly. It GIVES ME HEADACHES and the map is too spread out. please revert it back , thank you

• GingerDan97
    GingerDan97 Member Posts: 18
    edited February 2021
    Options

The UI itself I like where its going but could do with tweaks. Its far too spread out, before when all information was in the bottom corners it was easier to find and see, what I prupose you'd do is move the survivor items to the right side above the perks and move the survivor stats to the bottom left corner, obviously do this for killers too with the power to the right above perks. And possibly the gen count just below the hook count. This way keeps the center and top screen clear to look out to with all information closer to the bottom feels closer in if you like.

Animation wise, once used to I think ill like it. Unsure wether or not these animations have altered the look of the hit boxes but they seem further behind but with killer they look fine. Other than that a good update overall and very smooth to play too. Nice job, just please consider the changes above.

• Reyn
    Reyn Member Posts: 1
    Options

I made an account just for this, wow.

Anyway, I don't really care much about the animations, they look alright enough for me. What's bothering me is the HUD.

See, I have ADHD and it's really hard for me to focus on multiple things at once. The previous HUD, while I naturally did have a little bit of trouble with it as well, was much better for someone like me since all of the information was in one corner of the screen, allowing me to focus easier on the match while getting all of the necessary info with just one glance.

With his new HUD, however, I have to look at every corner for information and it makes me just mentally exhausted and I lose focus on the match much more often.

I like the style of the HUD, don't get me wrong, it's just the placement is just so spaced out. I wish that if anything, you could at least make it so that individual widgets of the HUD can be moved and customized around. But what I wish for more than that is that you'd revert back to the simpler HUD, or make a similar one.

• rainwall07
    rainwall07 Member Posts: 1
    Options

The new UI is not good wether if you're killer or suvirvor, all the things are all over around the screen, you get tipsy trying to figure out whats's up with the game, old UI was fine cuz everything was in the same area. At least i think you should put an option to edit the UI as however you'd like to.

But my main problem is the new survivor animations... It's impossible to play survivor right now, the animations are way too slow. i got stucked on a wall trying to drop a pallet but couldn't cuz the animation is really slow, i know you guys want to make the survivor animations realistic and smooth as possible, but you're not realising that it's a big nerf for them. as a survivor main is sad what it is now.

Anyway i think you guys can keep the UI i guess everyone at the end can get used to it, but the animations please keep the old ones. Everyone is begging for it.

• Pinkahchu
    Pinkahchu Member Posts: 2
    Options

Honestly, I like the graphical content within the new UI. I like the player icons, the placement of the survivor actions list in the top right, but I totally disagree with the placement of the survivor icons. They should have remained bottom left. They now take up an important part of the screen in certain situations. Alongside that, there is definitely an issue with the colour of some icons - exhaustion for example. Even I, a person that is not colour blind, really struggled to tell how long is left on the timer for my exhaustion cooldown. Because red on red is a terrible idea. Imagine how much a colour blind person would struggle with this when people that have no issues with that are struggling. Terrible idea.

For me, other than the colour of those elements and the placement of survivor icons, I wouldn't really change anything more about the UI. The animations are a completely different story. Characters feel heavy and turning animations are trash.

• Coeninator
    Coeninator Member Posts: 2
    Options

Ill start my feedback by stating that I have loved Dead by Daylight for years and have always enjoyed playing it. Starting with the new HUD update I genuinely am not enjoying my gameplay anymore as it doesn't feel like the same game anymore.

Lets start off with the HUD:

The new information (hook count) is great, I however am not pleased with /how/ all the information is presented (top left, small, unnecessary information (character portrait)). I don't mind a rework but please do not make it look as cheap and as 'mobile' as it does now. (And really, no offense to the designers, I know pleasing everyone is hard).

The animations:

While I mostly like the new animations, I dislike that it tries to sell itself off as 'realistic' animation while the movement speed is unrealistic. Please make these two match (and no, this isn't a call for lowering movement speeds).

'Unofficial' features:

There are two unofficial features I miss:

First one is moonwalking, Always liked it, shame I can't do it as well with the new animations no more

Second one is 'auto-genning', My hand easily cramps and I prefer the trick where I didn't have to hold my mouse and just had to focus on skill checks, shame that that's gone as well.

I'll end my feedback by saying I regret that I'm about to introduce a new player to the game (we planned it way ahead of time), because I really do not believe that Dead by Daylight is currently showings its best self. I sincerely hope that the developers listen to our feedback, or at the very least respond to it, it's the least they could do.

• genjibenji
    genjibenji Member Posts: 3
    Options

I'm not going to overdramatic about it, but I will say, the new UI is pretty much a downgrade. Feels like I'm playing a mobile game now

• dontpanic503
    dontpanic503 Member Posts: 58
    Options

As a relatively new player, I like the new HUD elements, but not the placement. Having the portraits & hook counts of survivors is good, but the placement on the upper-left means I'm constantly looking all around the edges of the screen. It also takes away from the immersion in the environment. I prefer having the upper half of the screen pretty much empty of components so the focus is on the game & the environment. Having the generator progress and objectives on the very top also feels really unnecessary and affects the immersion. Lastly on the HUD, it's actually harder to read names & determine health states now, particularly bleed out meters. They were much clearer on the old UI.

Regarding the animations, I mostly think they're an improvement. They feel much more realistic. As a console player, they also feel more natural with the way controller joysticks work. This feels more like something that players will get used to over time, so I'd keep the new animations. The HUD, on the other hand, seems like it will continue to be frustrating and should probably be updated again soon to return to at least something like it used to be.

• Rabituin
    Rabituin Member Posts: 44
    Options

Make it centralized

I dont hate how it looks but the way its placed angers me

This discussion has been closed.