This will prove how much the devs care..

Options

They can clearly see people are not happy with the new movement and UI so if they revert it they actually care what we think. But if they leave it as it is they don’t give a damn about us. Now we wait..

Comments

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

yeah what ive heard so far is that the new UI is "irreversible"...

cool.

(Scott made an entire video about it - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4AYXqZyEEY&ab_channel=ScottJund )

• Chchchcheryl
    Chchchcheryl Member Posts: 1,531
    edited February 2021
    Options

unfortunately you aren't a dev nor do you know what's going on behind the scenes. Adapt and overcome instead of whining, help them iron out the bugs and report them or stop playing if you hate it that much

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on
  • HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    Options

I disagree, changing after massive amounts of backlash doesnt show they care a lot, if they did they would have made adjustements to the HUD based on feedback before releasing it, that assuming they do backpedal (which I really doubt, especially with the animations).

Its like saying the goverments cares when they backpedal on something after people go to the street and start breaking stuff for 2 months straight, if they did they wouldnt have done wathever made people go bonkers.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,214
    Options

Well, but a lot of players want this future things, because they want to buff solo survivors up to swf level informationwise to get a basis for actuall balance in this game.

You might not be intrested in balance, especially if you play mostly as an swf survivor, but solos and killer might still care.

• PodgeNotRodge
    PodgeNotRodge Member Posts: 478
    Options

I personally dont mind the new movement. Even the crawl looks pretty wizard. What I dont like is the camera drop and pulls. The new HUD is stupid too.

And I doubt that its "Irriversable" they would have saved that code as backup somewhere and if they made it once, they can make it again. This is not the case that it is "Irriversable". But yeah, we're talking about the update that made curved dead hards, broken hitboxes. Crows that dont notify when someone is idle. So good luck waiting for a HUD reverse.

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346
    Options

i like the new movement

• Chchchcheryl
    Options

most likely, any player of dbd should know if they want to do anything it'll be re-done because their code is clearly, a mess

• Chchchcheryl
    Options

its not constructive feedback if its "the devs dont care if they dont listen to me/us"

that, is whining and bitching

• Chchchcheryl
    edited February 2021
    Options

oh wow my comment only got 4 upvotes, who cares, more people play DBD than have seen this post

oh so suddenly people who are popular become law if they have an opinion? why dont people use their own opinions, yeah you can have the same opinion as someone popular but way too many people formulate their opinion by taking it from their idol or whatever. people other than streamers are allowed opinions funnily enough

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Chchchcheryl
    edited February 2021
    Options

nah it just isn't representative of a community as a whole, I personally don't just go randomly upvoting things unless I'm gonna reply to them or they are a reply to me that I liked

clearly your worked up about the update, good for you, but you don't need to try and spend your time shitting on other people with your bad mood

• REL1_C
    REL1_C Member Posts: 619
    Options

The UI has been out for a day, stop complaining. If they reverted it back to normal or kept it the same, it's the new normal. I like the survivor hook counter and the scratch mark which goes through them when they are injured. It's also selfish saying the DEVS don't care when they clearly put effort into this new design. Sure many people don't like it but like I said, it's been out for a day.

• Starshadw
    Starshadw Member Posts: 266
    Options

I think we can all get used to the new animations (aka the "window dressing") UNLESS they are the reason for the movement speed issues I'm seeing. All survivor movements - turning, walking, injured walking, injured running, uninjured running, exhaustion perks like Sprint Burst - appear to be slower than pre-update.

• Chchchcheryl
    Options

Ik the UI didnt change

And a lot of people doesnt mean the majority smh

• FabsRinas
    FabsRinas Member Posts: 169
    Options

Can someone answer me this: is curved dead hard a PTB only thing or did it go live?

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287
    Options

Do you think they are trying to bring the mobile gaming of dbd into it and that’s why the animations like like a mobile game? I know it’s a stupid ######### question but I have to ask.

• Hyd
    Hyd Member Posts: 379
    edited February 2021
    Options

If they really did design this with no way of going back then it's a totally new low for this company as far as development goes, worse than the spaghetti code this game started with. But then again, there are probably only 50 people or less working on DbD so...eh.

• Backrammstein_Th
    Options

si amigo es asi los desarroladores de dbd claramente no estan preocupados con el gusto de sus jugadores creo que esta ha sido lo peor que han echo desde que salio el juego

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

yeah I couldn't care less about the new movement, looks fine to me.

The new HUD is a mess though, really poorly thought out and laid out.

• ClassicSun
    ClassicSun Member Posts: 8
    Options

Have to say I agree. I’ve played this game as killer and survivor for a year and this update makes me want to stop playing. I hate the HUD and the game has more glitches than ever. I played as survivor today and had multiple hits where I shouldn’t have been hit at all and dead hard glitched and also assisted the killer. (Instead of dashing forward I stopped in place)

• Chchchcheryl
    Options

i never said people liked the hud, im in favour of the update generally and i despise the hud, yeah the hud is bad but devs explained it is for future additions and changes!

The animations though just take some getting used to, 12 hours with the new update so far, i can 360 again (when hitboxes don't ######### me over), can inconsistently moonwalk (launching it is harder), etc etc.

The main issue right now is the automatic depip no matter how well you do and broken emblems, as well as ######### hitboxes.

Everything else is either fine o for something else in the long run and people just need to get used to it, every single update people complain. Of course I'm gonna miss the old stuff but, adapt and overcome!

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,832
    Options

I didn't really care about the new movements until I discovered that I can't spin in the dying state anymore.

Now I care. I care a lot. Spinning is fun, and being able to do a quick shake to warn away teammates was super helpful.

• Danoobiel
    Danoobiel Member Posts: 132
    Options

I think the UI is ugly and misplaced.

The animations are buged.

Give us the option to freely customize the UI. Saves time and money.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

The spin is gone? I used to spin as thank you to killers that gave me the hatch. 😔

• stargazer9
    stargazer9 Member Posts: 649
    edited February 2021
    Options

I hate the new UI and some of the animations but I disagree that they have to revert everything. The new UI has good info (eg. portraits and hook count), but they need to rearrange the placements. The gen count instead of being on the top center should be moved to the lower left, character portraits should be changed because they make the UI look even more cheap and mobile-like, they should be changed to something that fits the game’s aesthetics. Survivor hook timers also are tiny imo, they need to make them bigger.

The animations, some of them are good but for example the way survivors run now while injured looks really weird, we can’t 360 and we can’t even move left/right or in circles when we’re in the dying state, most of the animations feel clunky. So yeah, they don’t have to revert anything, they just need to rework and improve the UI and animations.

We’ve given them a lot of feedback during the PTB and before release but for some reason they decided to delay the mid-chapter while ignoring all feedback. Why they did that I will never understand.

• NocturnalPie
    NocturnalPie Member Posts: 25
    Options

They were already given our feedback during the PTB. If they cared they wouldn't have pushed it out in the first place. They clearly don't care and them reverting the update would be a sign of damage control, not them caring.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,741
    Options

I'm going to say this now. Between what happens in game, the dev team, and the community, only one of those things makes me actually want to stop playing and it's this toxic entitled community that thinks the devs are out to get them because they messed up. Everyone in this community makes it sound like the devs are robots who have no emotions and purposely try to f things up and make things as unplayable/unfun as possible. You know that's not true. They're human beings. As a community I think we should be more ashamed then the devs. They don't listen because you don't give constructive feedback you just talk about how you're going to ruin their game if they don't give you what you want. Would you want to do what someone wants if they said "If you don't give me what I want then you don't care and I'm going to f up what you've been working on for years because I don't like that you didn't give me this"? NO. I wouldn't give that person what they want. I'd say "Ok bye go away."

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited February 2021
    Options

To be fair the PTB was released and there was a huge amount of constructive feedback. You will always get some whom go over the top but the vast majority explained why the UI was bad.

The animations were also stated to be visual only and in no way change survivor movement which they did and again feedback was given on the ptb.

Yes some do go too far way and the mods do an amazing job of weeding them out, we should always encourage players to give constructive feedback though even if its something you don't agree with.

The UI and animations changes imo should never be put in a patch with anything else as these things should be something worked on and tested in lots of mini ptbs allowing for more feedback over a longer period. Putting such changes in a patch with a set release schedule give or take a week is never a good idea especially with the original feedback being overwhelmingly negative.

The patch has made the game worse for a lot of players who are of course upset at the current state of the game. This is because they love the game and quite frankly aren't enjoying their time in it anymore.

• OneNineTwoNine
    OneNineTwoNine Member Posts: 50
    Options

The whole "backend system" argument doesn't hold water. It's fine and dandy if they changed the backend and don't wanna change it back, but they can still change what is rendered on screen and how it's rendered on screen. It really isn't that complex.

Source: I'm a programmer.

• Chchchcheryl
    Options

Idk where "backend" came from I'm just saying it was the devs decision to change the UI and animations players need to adapt and overcome (or don't and get hung up and stop playing). I don't see the people whining putting all their time into making the game they love playing.

• twistedmonkey
    Options

You are neglecting the fact that players love the game and its why they can be so vocal.

Yes the devs decided to change these things but does that mean it's a good decision? Are players not allowed to question it or say they dislike it? That is basically what you are saying with such statements.

Many game devs have made changes which have been detrimental to the game itself and held their "we won't change it back stance" only to revert it later as the issue is over time is it can affect game player numbers if it impacts the game in ways which means it is no longer fun.

Now BHVR being a company not only has to make decisions based on what they believe l is best for game but also to make sure these changes don't affect how players enjoy the game too much or affect future revenue. This is why they have made a statement and are looking at making changes as the backlash has been overwhelming on multiple social platforms.

The current changes have shown something different from all the previous balance changes in the forms of nerfs or buffs for one major reason. Right now both sides are actually unusually unified in the critism when normally the forum is filled with just us these them posts.

• Chchchcheryl
    Options

I'm not saying people shouldn't be vocal but there is a line between a lot of us feel this and we would prefer this and

"The devs dont care if they dont please us and I will delete the game and never buy anything again"

And then attacking people who say otherwise

There is a line and a lot of people don't seem to see that

• Micc
    Micc Member Posts: 6
    Options

I wish there was an option to make the hud bigger, i can no longer properly see the mending/hook progress bars. I also am not a huge fan of the placement changes

• twistedmonkey
    Options

Well if players wish to delete the game over this then they do have a right to vocalize it, whether we think it's childish or not. It doesn't break any rules as long as they are not advocating for a mass exodus of others to do the same. None of us have the right to say how someone reacts is wrong if that is how it makes them feel.

This is also why there is a report button and if you see someone doing something that you beleive breaks the rules report it and let the mods handle them.

When it comes to a game players invested a lot of money and time into and typing when emotions are high lines can always get blurred. The best bet is to ignore threads or posts like that or like I said report them if you feel they cross a line which breaks the rules rather than get into an argument over something you can't change.

• stargazer9
    stargazer9 Member Posts: 649
    Options

They don't listen because you don't give constructive feedback you just talk about how you're going to ruin their game if they don't give you what you want.

Reading this angers me so much because it is completely and utterly not true! People here have given a lot of constructive criticism in a respectful way. Do not deny this!

• KiliHD
    KiliHD Member Posts: 52
    Options

The worst thing i personally think is the adressing of focusing on fixing bugs but as we see they did it again like the chapter with the twins. More bugs and frustrating gameplay. They really dont care or do anything in the communities favour or at least its way too low.

• IsaacWolf4
    IsaacWolf4 Member Posts: 12
    Options

It's clearly one of those situations where the people who are making the game aren't even playing the game and this point. They do not care.

• TauNkosi
    TauNkosi Member Posts: 282
    Options

If they fix the standing and injured running animations, then I'll be okay with em