The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

High Rank killer lobbies are broken. change my mind.

Whatislove
Whatislove Member Posts: 4
edited October 2018 in General Discussions

So I've done a little experiment...

I'm rank 1 killer and thought something was wrong with the loooong queues... so I started a stopwatch.
It takes 15 minutes before anyone seems to be able to join... exactly 15 min!
Is this a known bug to the devs? Love the game but this issue needs to be sorted :/

Post edited by Whatislove on

Comments

• Kenshin
    Kenshin Member Posts: 912

its 20 min for me.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Thats not a bug, thats a feature

Who could see that coming in an event where survivors are encouraged to derank in order to farm their event currency and where survivors are forced to play killer too

Well I finished my killer phials in the first few days, knowing tha this would come :wink:

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142

@Whatislove At least on PC, this is not a problem only at the high ranks.

• Keene_Kills
    Keene_Kills Member Posts: 649

I'm Rank 11 currently on killer and still looking at 20-45 mins. lobbies daily since Saturday regardless of time of day. When they do fill, it's been pretty steady with SWF holding Rank 2s-18 mixed, so YMMV. It seems to be an odd time for queues across the board rank-wise.

• Kilmeran
    edited October 2018

@Keene_Kills said:
    I'm Rank 11 currently on killer and still looking at 20-45 mins. lobbies daily since Saturday regardless of time of day. When they do fill, it's been pretty steady with SWF holding Rank 2s-18 mixed, so YMMV. It seems to be an odd time for queues across the board rank-wise.

We saw the same thing when they did a double BP event immediately after releasing Spirit. Everyone who returned to the game apparently wanted to go Killer to play Spirit.

So what do they do with this event? They make it so, to get full 60 vials, you have to play both sides. Hey, that might look good on paper, but if they ever took the time to actually analyze their data, they'd have known this issue was going to happen again. A Game Design student still in school would be able to see that.

Honestly, DBD needs a new Game Lead at this point. I'm sure he's a great guy, but one decision after another, and it's apparent a change needs to be made.

It won't be, though.

He said on his stream last week that he wants DBD to be around for another six or seven years. I wish him the best of luck with that. Unless some of the upcoming games like Hide or Die or Last Year: The Nightmare bomb (which is a distinct possibility), DBD won't last that long outside of its dedicated Vets.

Maybe I should take his recommendation, though, and go play something else . . . .

• altruistic
    altruistic Member Posts: 1,141

Maybe there aren't that many red rank survivors. I see the same faces a lot when I am playing. Still get an instant queue.

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

I couldn't get to play a single game yesterday at R1 killer.

• Kilmeran
    edited October 2018

@altruistic What platform? Because I know on PC, Killer lobbies are very bad. Even Streamers who usually always play Red Rank killer have gone Survivor for now, not due to juice (they admitted they're just buying the skins), but because their streams were broadcasting Lobby Simulator by Daylight instead of Dead by Daylight when they tried to queue as killer.

@Condorloco_26 After not being able to get a low-rank lobby all weekend (and I could before this event) as killer, I gave up and took Matt Cote's advice from earlier in the year and went to play something else. But, from what I am hearing, a lot of Survivors who just wanted to grind out the vials as quickly as possible were getting the juice and then suiciding on the first hook, so they could jump into the next lobby and do it again. As a result, deranking happened.

And while that would definitely screw the lobby queues for Red Rank killers, it fails to explain my low rank queues also taking forever.

• altruistic
    altruistic Member Posts: 1,141

@Kilmeran said:
    @altruistic What platform? Because I know on PC, Killer lobbies are very bad. Even Streamers who usually always play Red Rank killer have gone Survivor for now, not due to juice (they admitted they're just buying the skins), but because their streams were broadcasting Lobby Simulator by Daylight instead of Dead by Daylight when they tried to queue as killer.

@Condorloco_26 After not being able to get a low-rank lobby all weekend (and I could before this event) as killer, I gave up and took Matt Cote's advice from earlier in the year and went to play something else. But, from what I am hearing, a lot of Survivors who just wanted to grind out the vials as quickly as possible were getting the juice and then suiciding on the first hook, so they could jump into the next lobby and do it again. As a result, deranking happened.

And while that would definitely screw the lobby queues for Red Rank killers, it fails to explain my low rank queues also taking forever.

I play on PC. My Survivor is R1, been getting instant queues all day.

• Whatislove
    Whatislove Member Posts: 4

Surivor queues are fine... as usual :p only broken for the killers </3

• lyric
    lyric Member Posts: 611
    This whole game is broken... change my mind
  • Jukantos
    Jukantos Member Posts: 114
    edited October 2018

Im rank 11

I've had 20+ minute queue times for two days now. It's not just the high ranks. The whole survivor side seems to be utterly dead now that most people have their survivor vials capped out

Edit: Update, at 30 minutes i got 3 survivors to join - and when one of them decided to leave again my game hardcrashed to the desktop.

What the hell is going on in the matchmaking server?

• TigerKirby215
    TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 604

There aren't many people at high ranks, and a lot of people are playing killer for a multitude of reasons.

• Nightmare247
    Nightmare247 Member Posts: 187

The game is not broken. That wait time is because of the event. During normal gameplay it is normally 5 or so minutes. That escalates when events happen and many survivors thirst for more bloodpoints. While it may not be fun it is just because there are more people queuing up as killer.

• Jukantos
    Jukantos Member Posts: 114

Oh for ######### sake - next attempt, 15 minutes queue, 9 minutes loading screen puts me back into the create a lobby screen with no error, addons and event offering (40000 bloodpoints spent to unlock) gone for NOTHING.

And then another hard crash as i tab out to my browser. What the ######### man

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

This will be fun… by the time the killer lobbies get fixed, all the survivor are done with their vials and just gen rush the crap out of every killer, so they won't be able to farm for their vials. :P

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Yeah I'm getting like 20min que times as killer at rank 1 as well. Makes the event almost unplayable. They need to extend the event a little to compensate I feel.

• Kongereke
    Kongereke Member Posts: 10
    They just need to make survivors actually have incentive to continue playing the event. Which is not the case at all now. Hence everyone that plays survivor is now plating killer to farm bps and get their vials. Poor, poor execution. 
  • Kilmeran
    edited October 2018

@altruistic said: I play on PC. My Survivor is R1, been getting instant queues all day.

Yes, Survivor queues are near instant. It's the Killer queues that are taking upward of 20-30 minutes plus. There hasn't been a single complaint about Survivor queues. The complaints have all been about Killer queues.

• Skemooo
    Skemooo Member Posts: 194

just curious on devotion level of ppl having longer ques..i suspect its something to do with that.. i havent faced new players ever since they added level upsystem.. i have over 2K hours ingame now .. i think game takes that into account if you play as killer i guess..

• Zagrid
    Zagrid Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,000
    How can I change a fact.
  • Zavri
    Zavri Member Posts: 261

the matchmaking system is broken and has been for awhile now.

The lobby system is basically like this:

Killer A makes a lobby: survivors matchmake into this lobby
    Killer B makes a lobby: no one will matchmake into this lobby until Killer A's game starts

• MuttonChops
    MuttonChops Member Posts: 55

So I've done a little experiment...

I'm rank 1 killer and thought something was wrong with the loooong queues... so I started a stopwatch.
    It takes 15 minutes before anyone seems to be able to join... exactly 15 min!
    Is this a known bug to the devs? Love the game but this issue needs to be sorted :/

Survivors stopped playing on PS4 so the lobby times are ridiculously long. Once you get one you get so excited only for the killer to DC. It's not worth playing anymore sadly. 
  • CornChip
    CornChip Member Posts: 540

Does anyone think it will return to normal after the event or is there bigger problems at play here?