Opinion on the update?

Jayleena_ahhh
Jayleena_ahhh Member Posts: 9
edited February 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

I personally don’t like it and there’s more negatives then positive in my opinion.Ik they are working on it but I want to hear what other people think

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221

You could've just looked at the, you know, other hundred threads already made to see people's opinion on this update.

Anyways, I'm going to cut this short:

• The UI is a mess & shouldn't have been moved. Love the portraits & hook counters though.
    • All the new animations are nicely done except for idle. Only complaint is how clunky they are & how you can barely 360.
    • Buffs to Clown & Trapper were minimal & need to be re-done. Buff to Wraith was a nice touch, especially on open maps.
    • Clown's soundtrack is a bop.
    • Map reworks look great. Only complaint is the amount of deadzones & god pallets on The Game. Love the extra Saw references though.
    • You can crouch n flashlight now :p
  • gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270

I like most everything about it except for the bugs. I've been ok with most of the bugs thus far but this update is kind of ridiculous. It's genuinely become a lot harder to play survivor.

• dabaconboss
    dabaconboss Member Posts: 8
    edited February 2021

using shadowborn gives me really bad motion sickness now, its really weird having to look all over the screen for info like: how many gens are left, who is injured, what is the status of my power. and it makes the screen feel really cluttered in general. i wanted to add a question. is anyone else having trouble aiming with hillbilly now

• Jayleena_ahhh

Ik there’s other threads but I wanna hear like how ppl personally feel about it.Ik the changes like what’s ur opinion on them? Like I like the new graphics on the map but I find them to bright but others may like the brightness.That’s why I posted it. :P

• Jayleena_ahhh

I find it easier cause of the hitboxes now, but they need to rework the hitboxes cause the game sucks for survivors

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Me animations and maps look good. Maps don’t play any better though. Me hud isn’t great but I like the new widgets.

Overall decent but boring

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

I found it hard to spot some things on the hud. Just wish some things were put elsewhere is all. I played both sides and had a blast on both. I think the animations look more realistic and the old ones coming back would be trash. I also think that if survivors could just spin in a circle still there wouldn't be as many complaints. Every time there is change the forums explode like this.

• sevangist
    sevangist Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2021

)))

• sevangist
    sevangist Member Posts: 2

Good day to all!!!

So I got my hands to play on the new update and it's just a disaster, this is the most terrible update for all the hours that I played, and there are a little not enough 3000 thousand and I have something to say.

First, what immediately discourages the desire to play is a terrifying interface, which is not as convenient as possible spoils the whole charm of the game with its too modern design.

(2 out of 10)

Secondly, there are no words for what animation appeared in the characters, it is impossible to play and I'm not talking about broken 360 and everything else that people are used to playing with, I, for example, do not use such things and do not know how to turn 360, but the animation just kills the game.

The game has become raw, crooked because of the animation, lost its charm and its vanilla and uniqueness because of which I love it so much. I think it needs to be changed urgently as it is

(-300 out of 10)

I think many people will agree with me.

I understand that BH wants to attract new players, but not as long as you will attract new ones from you old players who love all the ridiculous bugs, breaking through the entire map, windows, stones and everything else, they will just go and find another game.

BH you are the only developers that I respect, since before the last update you did the most cool updates there were a lot of characters, maps, perks, skins for every taste free and paid, reworks, fixes and nerfs, graphics improvements and everything else. You are very cool guys like you are not enough, so continue in the same spirit, and do not spoil the attitude to yourself with ridiculous updates, it is better to release the update not so often, but qualitatively as you know how.

I hope you will come to your senses and listen to the opinion of the players.

Thank you for reading this.

With respect sevangist.

• Hex_Salt
    Hex_Salt Member Posts: 443

I would say this is a very well thought out and accurate assessment and mirrors my own thoughts well

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405

This update was perfect. You couldn't find a more perfect update. Ask anybody and they'll say its perfect

• ShadowRain
    ShadowRain Member Posts: 607

Worst update ever..

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

Bads: HUD, hitboxes, hurt and standing animations, animation transition (from standing to running, from crouching to running etc, they feel... robotic), bus and greenhouse bugs.

Neutral: Crotus Penn is extremely hard to follow scratch marks, Clown is almost the same but has more options.

Goods: crouching, downed and hatch from ground animations, The Game map is more bearable, not sure about this but I saw some console players saying they have less FPS issues, I dont play console so they should have to support or deny this.

• MongolPSR
    MongolPSR Member Posts: 1,032
  • NocturnalPie
    NocturnalPie Member Posts: 25

I was actually considering coming back to the game after I heard about the DS and Object changes. Then this update hit and I went back to my apathetic view on the game. It's never gonna get better and this was simply a well timed reminder.

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448

The best is to actually give your feedback here : https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/225554/feedback-for-ui-animation ;)

• Idontknowtbh
    Idontknowtbh Member Posts: 467

I've noticed that now, if you are the last survivor and you get hooked for the first time, you don't get the three attempts to escape which I think it's unfair if you made it that far without getting hooked. Or is it a bug?