Your thoughts about the new rift

To me, not being this kind of guy but its a little bit boring.. not a lot of very exciting outfits like in others tomes. Kind of disapointed

Comments

• shinymon
    shinymon Member Posts: 298

I think it's a lot better than the previous rift.

• DjangoTheGhostface
    DjangoTheGhostface Member Posts: 137

Oni for some reason is the standout. I heard they removed afk farming for some reason so i might skip it

• Botiz
    Botiz Member Posts: 483

As a Yui main I was disappointed in her outfit... not the best imo.

I love Trapper, Billy and Legion outfits though, they're great.

Also love the mini Yui and Oni charms, along with Yui's motorbike charm too, those are super cool.

Everything else is whatever for me, one of the better rifts though so far imo

• Taiga
    Taiga Member Posts: 368

the skins look really boring and I really dislike Yui’s skin except maybe the head piece. The Oni skin is probably the best one. I just wish Yui wouldn’t keep getting the same type of clothes all the time.

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,373

I don't mind it, Nea's jellyfish top goes nicely with her hair from the previous rift which is cool. I buy the rifts just for completion as is but I would probably like this one enough to buy it anyway.

• Mistikus
    Mistikus Member Posts: 1,347

i only like yui skind and felix plus little yui charm is cute

• LastBreath
    LastBreath Member Posts: 34

I'm happy, because I'm main Nurse and Felix and both got beautiful skins!

• DistortedDream
    DistortedDream Member Posts: 672

I really like Nea, Trapper, Hillbilly, and The Nurse's outfits. The Yui outfit is okay, But it's a bit... meh. The rest of the skins are boring/uninteresting.

As for the charms, I really like the Yui and Oni charms, Yui's motorbike charm, the New Moon Bouquet charm.

Overall, It's an okay rift.

• XombieRocker
    XombieRocker Member Posts: 324

Apart from Oni (which I won't get cuz I don't pay) all the cosmetics are super full.

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221

Love this rift. I'm a big fan of "baggage" outfits (ex. Backpacks, bags, etc). This rift seems to have a lot of that & not to mention there is an Oni charm.

I guess I better start grinding!

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270

I think it's ok. Not as bad as 2 rifts ago.... That was horrible imo.

• UncleStabby
    UncleStabby Member Posts: 837

I like the oni one. And legion gets a neato jacket.

• Liqhtninq
    Liqhtninq Member Posts: 94

If my mains don't have anything I have no reason to buy. Ideally each survivor and killer should get an outfit but that might be too much work? Idk. So many charms, like who cares about them really?

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Wish they'd stop giving Yui biker outfits. Like we get it, she's a biker, let's get something different.

• BeHasU
    BeHasU Member Posts: 830

Yui's hair is beautiful, one of the best in my opinion. I wanna reach level 70 just for that

• ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334

I wouldn't expect anything different for her Tome outfit. Usually it's an outfit based on their lore.

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480

Almost nothing is appealing to me in this one, but still I've already purchased into it from the start so I'm gonna get my worth out of that 1k cells.

Nurse is just yet another dress with a lady-ish headwear (I think the cooler ones are more transformative, such as the body bag one or the war-themed one which has a name I can't remember), stuck perpetually with a... certain... look on her face. Yui's is just kinda bland to me, just equipped her with some biker gear and gave her a little different hair. I've never been a fan of the heavy winter gear outfits, such as the ones Nea and Kate have, so the Felix and Claudette outfits are automatically a bust for me (especially Claudette's, I dislike that hat very much.)

My favorite things in the rift have to be the Oni skin (which we've already had in the rift before, granted it being a recolor, but of a decent skin) and surprisingly enough the recolors tend to be the better ones in my opinion this rift. The frosty skins look pretty cool, and especially the Legion's new pirate-themed set.

• Crypticghoul
    Crypticghoul Member Posts: 572

I like Yui's hair and Oni's outfit. Kinda wish they would stop with the large backpacks or give us a toggle to show/hide them. Otherwise I'm not really excited for anything in it.

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,191

It is boring. Importing free cosmetics from mobile and asks us to grind to hell is ridiculous.

• GrisouOats
    GrisouOats Member Posts: 71
    edited April 2021

This rift is not surprising at all. I think they did a great job by releasing some awesome looking charms such as the Mr Puddles one and the Yui one as well. The recoloring cosmetics are hideous.

Post edited by GrisouOats on
  • MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

I think the free frosty skins are great, so my $14 is going to a different battlepass.

• MonsterInMyMind
    MonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 2,744

Aside from the Oni and Yui Content charms included as well as the Frost Skins i don't really care about anything else

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,164

Most of the new Rift is really blah. I'm not really impressed by the character skins. Or most of the charms. The tier 70 charm is a real letdown, and the backpack on Yui's outfit is ridiculous (in a bad way).

That Mr. Puddles charm is A++, though. 🐘❤️❤️❤️

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,165

I'm so tired of Dwight and Claudette skins being in the rifts, especially when there's characters that could use more cosmetics like Zarina.

• snick
    snick Member Posts: 50

Underwhelming. I like the full oni set and a couple pieces from the other various sets. Gonna pass on this one again

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,823

I think it depends which characters you like to play, but there isn't a lot in there I'm excited about. I feel bad saying it, because there are a few things where you can tell people put care and thought into making them -- the rose charm, or the elephant charm, for example. It feels like there are people behind the scenes who want to give us nice things. But the bottom line is that I'm not sure this collection's worth the money it costs to buy it.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    edited February 2021

Boring. They are just recolours.

They need to focus on lesser used characters for cosmetics.

The reason quentin etc don't get used may partly be because they have nothing interesting to wear.

• unluckycombo
    unluckycombo Member Posts: 582

Uh... Quentin is a licensed character. It's not entirely up to them whether or not those characters get cosmetics. If their liscense holder doesn't want them to get new cosmetics, they won't.

With that being said, I get what you mean. I just don't think using a licensed character for an example is the play here.

• Starr43
    Starr43 Member Posts: 873

Typically I’m not a fan of the rift rewards because they feel uninspired or bland. Last rift tier 70 the reward was a basic pair of pants for Nea.. some people aren’t able to reach tier 70 in time but if you are then you have some red pants..

This time around I’ll admit that Yui’s hair is pretty awesome at tier 70 but in general the rewards are just copied and pasted straight from Dbd mobile and Christmas is over but there are Xmas Dwight cosmetics etc... it doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to me.

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203

I love Yui's outfit. She will be my second main now. The top, the jeans, the head... It's awesome to me.

I also love The Oni's outfit. The charms are nice, and the rest is kinda meh, but I'm fine with it.

I will grind like a crazy for Yui's hair. 😻

• Moodyy
    Moodyy Member Posts: 124

hillbillys pants looks exactly like his default ones

• Scrubbag
    Scrubbag Member Posts: 7

I'm a fan of the Nea jellyfish shirt. Yui has some neat cosmetics but that backpack is obnoxiously bulky. Had someone with it in one of my matches and the helmet sticks out like a sore thumb more than I expected. Oni has some neat skins and most of the charms are good too. Overall not a bad rift, not amazing either.

• SaintDorks
    SaintDorks Member Posts: 252

You know after the blight event (the first one) where you could get injectors to get the blight skins..everything afterwards has been..meh.

In terms of skins..Well, some of the sets look ok..(Everyone really likes the oni set) But some are...meh

Tbh,most the rift prizes are so-so.

• _HN_
    _HN_ Member Posts: 385

Overall I like almost everything there, but I have a couple of problem with it still.

The first being the choice of character that will get skins.

Not only a good chunk of them were already present in the pervious rift (like Billie and Legion) but the stuff they got look frankly... worst than the previous stuff.

The free killer skins are ... okay I guess, but not only they are just retextures with some particle effects, but they are way more visible than the standard skin thus making them harder to use.

Did Claudette REALLY need TWO sets in a single rift? Cmon now.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

Is it just me or with every rift does it feel like the free track gets smaller and smaller for the amount of stuff?

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,165

Dwight also has 2 sets. They could've instead done 2 other characters and had them all get 1 set.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735

Sorry... I am too busy to care about that since I am trying to NOT get snipped by basic attacks and not run into wooden walls :)