Plague needs to be reworked

Seriously has someone who mains her she can feel awful to play as and against sometimes. She can't control her power and can lose it for being stunned and on the survivor side you either are one shot potential the whole time or dealing with corrupt purge which is broke as hell (the amount of ridiculous hits I've gotten with it is absurd)

She needs to be looked at soon cause she can feel really unfair or really cheap and it's kinda silly

Comments

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,407

Otzdarva did a 50win-streak without addons with plague. But she is not really his main.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    edited February 2021

She needs a few tweaks, sure, but mostly just to fix her robbed hits and centralise her guaranteed fountain.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

If they fixed her issues with server ping and allowed her to consume fountains from anywhere that would go a long way.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

If she could consume fountains from anywhere she would be stronger than Nurse. Her power is insane when she has it, survivors need a chance to split up so they don't lose by default.

• Blueberry
    edited February 2021

Not even remotely close to Nurse. I think you way over value her corrupt purge. She's very loopable with her corrupt. Not to mention it's canceled on stun, which is significant because you have to respect every pallet.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

Careful what you asked for - especially when you say "doctor level rework"

Doctor got more powerful with the rework. And so did Freddy with his apparently.

• TicTac

When you can play her like that its not that urgent to change here. There are other killer which need help before her.

• TicTac

Its impossible to get 12 hooks against good survivor. (Sure you can play normal and then "farm" the last hooks). But it doesnt matter. Otz tried the same with wraith and trapper. When its so easy why did he not use the same tactic with them? Bc they are weaker then plague. So why change plague when there are other killer who need it more?

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,395

Otz has done 50 win streak on Trapper, Legion, and Clown (before his rework). So clearly none of those killers need to be changed in any way.

Basing balancing decisions on whether or not 1 streamer who plays dbd for a living can accomplish a 50 win streak on them is a horrible idea.

• Scrubbag
    Scrubbag Member Posts: 7

There probably are a few things that could be tweaked here and there on her but she's far from the first killer I'd say needs a complete rework.

I've generally had even performance in terms of match outcomes. It really comes down to a few things. Fountain placements, map, and if the survivors actually cleanse or not. Good survivors know how to juke the puke and seldom heal until the last gen left or exit gates are ready. There's a reason why thana is a commonly recommended perk for her.

I think part of Plague's problem is she's not commonly played. I hardly ever see her when I play survivor. If people aren't used to playing against her then its going to be a miserable match for them. Her power is a little more complex than other killers so it can take a bit to get the hang of how to counter her.

• Blueberry
    edited February 2021

I'd say severely overrated.

She gets misleading results because she's a noob stomper and the average survivor is pretty bad.

• Hopesfall
    Hopesfall Member Posts: 828
    edited February 2021

go play Plague vs Rank 1s for a whole weekend, see how you like it

I'd rather play Wraith any day of the week

• IWFreak
    IWFreak Member Posts: 252

Why not let the Plague see the aura of every object that is infected? Maybe even auto infect things she interacts with, like vaulting windows and kicking gens.

I think that would give survivors all the incentive to cleanse.

• SaltyNooty
    SaltyNooty Member Posts: 276

So basically old Freddy but worse? No, i'm good. Dont need the PTSD of that one again, and if you're not aware of what I mean by old Freddy (which I think you do but imma say it anyways) I mean, when you were in Freddy's dream world; he could see you at all times giving the incentive to leave the DreamWl world before he got to you. The plan your suggesting is tantamount to what he had before and i'd rather not live through that, thanks.

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839

He also did it with Undying/Ruin pre-Undying nerf. Technically speaking, that exact same streak might not be possible now. Also, he pointed out several times that it was an OP combination, and it has been pointed out by many players that such a combination gives nearly all Killers a big leg up in terms of giving them time to secure kills.

As for the rest of the thread, I have tried Plague more and more and have decided I LIKE her. I like her playstyle, her strengths, etc. The issue is how spotty it can be to hit with her belly juice. Sometimes it feels right and you belt up a good jet that gets someone thoroughly infected, other times it feels like it just splashes them while they shout "just the tip" and nothing happens. It's inconsistent, which makes it frustrating.

Also, for those that say she's underrated: I don't think she is. Most people plainly state that she can be very strong, but suffers from many short-comings that hold her towards the bottom of tier lists. I can't find any fault in that argument. She CAN be very strong, but her inconsistent nature and the myriad of things working against her (Survivors control her power for the most part, Pools can reset if you aren't using them, her height makes it nearly impossible to mindgame with her, etc) will sadly always see her placed at low tier. It's not about what she can do, but what she can do CONSISTENTLY, which is where I think a lot of low tier Killers really suffer. She's just a shining example of it.

• ClownIsUnderrated
    ClownIsUnderrated Member Posts: 1,031

According to the lovely STATISTICS Plague's kill/pick rate is very low. Back when she first came out there was a lot of Plague's that I went against, but since dedicated servers became a thing it's a very rare occasion you'll find a Plague these days because she just doesn't work to good with the servers. I don't think Plague necessarily needs a rework, but she definitely needs some quality of life improvements.

• TicTac

He didnt do it with clown and with trapper (his main) he needed to change the rules. So while we cant say that a killer who gets 50 wins needs no rework, we could say that the rework of killer, who cant reach 50 wins, is more urgent.

Its true that 50 win streaks work bc the survivor are bad, but when its not working for trapper without addons against this survivor, it means a trapper buff is more important than plague.

• TicTac

I did it. I tried her out and got a 15 win streak. To be fair i was playing with ruin/undying, but im not the best plague.

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221

Plague mainly needs this buff:

Once fully infected, Plague's Vile Purge should make survivors broken until they interact with a fountain.

The fountain then takes away the sickness & broken status, allowing you to heal.

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448

i mean i played 3 games the other day with her and as soon as they were infected (not even broken) survivors would just run and heal to the fountains... I don't even use Thana on her, so i use my puke as a tracking power and it worked really great !

But yeah her power hitbox his really weird i admit that !

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Plague needs one simple buff:

a token based mechanic.

For every corrupted fountain she gets 1 token. Everytime someone cleanses she gets 1 additional token. Every token allows her to activate corrupt purge regardless of her position.

Just give her a short "prayer" animation when she uses a token and let her use the power mid-chase.

That way she would not have to waste time walking to fountains that may be in random corners of the map while everyone's pumping out gens for free.

• Canas
    Canas Member Posts: 1,021

It's beyond me why she isn't even on the rework schedule if she's the next killer to be featured on the next tome according to dataminers. Do they expect us to do her missions while she still struggles with the servers which make her miss her puke all the time? Beyond that she lacks any map pressure and has annoying slowdowns which make it feel super-awkward to use your power. Survivors still pop gens right and left, no matter what she does. There are so many things that could and should be done to improve her overall gameplay.

Get rid of the slowdowns from channeling and using your power. Improve her hitboxes to compensate for the server issues. Give her GOOD addons that actually alter her gameplay in meaningful way, like giving her sickness new effects/handicaps. And finally, reduce action-speed for infected survivors to combat genrushing.

Also new skin when? She hasn't seen a new original one since an entire year so far (February 2020 was the last one).

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624

I personally think she's fine.

She has a lot of conditions on her. The biggest problem with her as you said is that a lot of the control over her power comes the survivors -- which sucks. On the other hand, she is strong, period. Aside from having the ability to make everyone broken, or to make them easy targets at range, she outright destroys many survivors strategies and abilities.

Stealth is useless against her, and healing is useless against her. Survivors who went in bringing Iron Will and Medkits instantly got screwed over. Self-care, Inner Strenth, We'll Make It, etc. all dead perks.

The problem with Plague and the main reason she isn't top tier, is that her abilities don't do anything against the meta (Unbreakable, DS, Dead Hard) but otherwise she is really powerful.

• TicTac

That would make her broken. She would be for example one of the best camper in the game. In the end there would be less survivor who cleanse against her.