Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Do you think Dead By Daylight is dying?

Mileena_Kahn
Mileena_Kahn Member Posts: 600

I personally think the game is dying. Constant nerfs and changes that nobody asked for, long que times, same killers, same meta, same perks, new survivor movement and broken hit boxes, low tier killer last chapter (the twins), and lots of cash grab events.

Do you think Dead By Daylight is dying? 133 votes

Yes
36%
GHERBEARRULESTapeKnotJacoby2041maaadinsomniacRullisi[Deleted User]SillierHorizon5Sushi_x2099kinRoboMojothemirrortwinDawnMadRastaboozeRanger_939MetaDethMadLordJackBigbubbabam270TheFireVVolfe_j2007stargazer9 49 votes
No
63%
WeederickWhite_OwlHorsePowerAdelooSeiko300mintchapstickVolantConch1719[Deleted User]BootDimek[Deleted User]NekoGamerXAven_FallenFog_KingLeonardo1itaBoosted_Dwightmusstang62TaigaUistreelVetrathene 84 votes

Comments

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917
    No

Not yet but the game is starting to bleed and if not mended by the devs it WILL die.

• JimboMason
    JimboMason Member Posts: 759
    No

It's just in a really bad state, and a lot of people are just taking breaks, but I wouldn't say its dying

• e_j2007
    e_j2007 Member Posts: 130
    Yes

at the rate its going now, deffinetly

• Another_LegionMain
    Another_LegionMain Member Posts: 399
    Yes

I say kinda, its not dying like Spore has but is more dying in a way that BHVR is thinking less of our enjoyment and more about our wallets. Or purses.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818
    Yes

I'm concerned, but not for those reasons. I'm more worried about the signs we've been getting that the devs don't have the resources to keep up with the production schedule (e.g., releasing a chapter before it's done, not having an event prepared for Halloween, filling up most of the Rift with ports from the mobile game, accidentally making the staff skin available to everyone, accidentally making a current Rift skin available to everyone, accidentally making it so people can't buy Oni and Yui with shards, dates being announced on official channels and then pushed back with no further communication, rolling features and maps out and then immediately pulling them back -- I could go on).

The game isn't in a death spiral in terms of people playing it, but I'm really, really worried for the people working on it. I don't think they have the resources they need to keep this up.

• jrinkwater
    jrinkwater Member Posts: 314
    No

I think this game... is going to be the king... of a cult fanbase. New player acquisition? Not much. Not until it goes FTP (which it should)

Most new players have a bad time.

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,214
    No

I don't think DBD is ever really going to die. Not unless an actual competent competitor comes around (which, in the almost five years DBD has been around, hasn't happened). DBD has too many licenses under its belt for any competitor to really handle.

And in terms of player count going down, that was to be expected. 2020 saw a massive pandemic that kept people at home, giving them more time to play games like DBD. Now that things are (sort of) calming down, people don't have the same time anymore.

However, BHVR's decisions recently have definitely left a poor taste in people's mouths. The real-money only cosmetics, the "premium" rift pass that actually has things in it when the free rift pass gives you something maybe every three levels (something that's barely worth it), the below lackluster Halloween event, pretty much the entirety of A Binding of Kin, "He Who Shall Not Be Named" going off on multiple tangents (related to OoO and color-blindness), the very much hated HUD design going through anyway despite pretty much everyone saying it was bad, etc. All of this just shows that BHVR really doesn't care about the consumer anymore.

I love this game, and I don't see it truly dying. But BHVR needs to wake up and see that they're actions are hurting more than they're helping.

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    edited February 2021
    No

2 Garbage updates (the last chapter release and the most recent mid-chapter patch update) and ya'll really going so far into left field to say "game is dying"

Lol no. I've been through 4 years of DBD since 2016 and I've seen the ups and downs. We're in a low point right now (by comparison to a LOT of good that the devs were doing in recent history that they somehow manage to completely ######### up basically starting with the last chapter release), but that is absolutely not reason enough to actually go so far as to claim "the game is dying".

• LordJesseH
    LordJesseH Member Posts: 2

DBD is inconsistent AF

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869
    edited February 2021
    No

I played this game on and off since 2018 and someone always asked or said the same but the game didn't die.

Q times are much better for me than ever before and I'm not crossplaying. Both sides. So I don't think it will die soon. It has something that other games don't, at least for me. This is the only multiplayer game I go back to even after a very long break. Other ones I just stop once and never come back.

Game has flaws for sure but It is special and no matter how much everyone attack devs they do some things right too.

• DawnMad
    DawnMad Member Posts: 1,030
    Yes

The playerbase is not growing right now, this means for however many players are starting to play the game, around that many veterans are leaving. If the developers don't stop with their current streak of awful updates this will get worse. So yes, I think the game will die if it goes on in its current state.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited February 2021
    No

No, but Behaviour need seriously to focus more on quality over quantity. Patches such as the most recent one which broke practically everything should not be unacceptable.

• Dragonshensi
    Dragonshensi Member Posts: 1,516
    Yes

im a new player. Just started a little over a month ago and just in that month and since it’s update I’ve seen big changes and fewer players. If they can fix this quick then the players will come back, but every day they don’t fix more and more players leave and may not come back for awhile.

• Kazim
    Kazim Member Posts: 229
    No

I don´t know is possible I guess, I have seen more deserters than normal in this update but most of the deserters are very complainers or whiners gamers normally, so who knows? 🤷‍♂️

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688
    No

No, I don't think it is dying as of now, but I wonder how long can it keep up when it has only one mode and that mode, overall, has not changed since the game was released. Yes, we get new characters, perks and maps, but I believe if the game doesn't get at least a new mode, it will end up dying because people will get bored of always doing the same.

• Hex_Salt
    Hex_Salt Member Posts: 443
    No

But if the rot isn't stopped it will. Right now luckily for BHVR there is no real high quality rival to this game. If there was things could be different...

• Timo_______R
    Timo_______R Member Posts: 58
    Yes

It´s already dead, ppl just play with it´s corpse.

I would be happy if it would be resurrected

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059
    No

The only thing dying is BHVR's passion imo

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    No

Not even close at this moment. There is no way this game is not being played in 2025 I would say, but people will also ask then if the game is dying. People always say this.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060
    No

I dont think it is dying and it will not die anytime soon. For it to die, it has to become way worse over a longer period of time AND there is competition.

However, the game was getting better and better in 2020 and then it started to drop with negative things back to back:

Halloween-Event 2020-->One of the worst events ever. 2019 was already a letdown because you only had the Serum in the Rift, in 2020 there was no Serum at all. The most important event for a Horrorgame was no Event. Devs somehow made it enjoyable due to daily logins and the reduction of price for the Outfits, but it was no event.

Twins Chapter-->One of the worst Chapters, so many oversights - Twins not ready on release, Lockers counter Victor, insane camping potential... All oversights. Basically surprising how that happened after Blight.

Christmas Event-->Again, big letdown, just small login rewards, which were basically poor over the whole month. Codes were either for Charms (which are rarely used), Frosty Eyes (which were given out for free during the last years) or Sweaters (which was nice, for people who collect them)

Midchapter 18.5-->UI-Changes, Animation Changes, big criticism, messed up Desync, broken Emblems... A LOT.

In between: Shitstorm because of Colorblind Settings (which the Devs are working on, but due to poor communication, nobody knew about it until a person with a big number of followers called them out in Twitter).

All of these things really put a negative mark on the game, if lots of bad things happen in a row, this can damage the game. Like I said, it will not die anytime soon, but if that continues or major things are broken for a longer period of time AND there comes some competition...

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277
    No

I said no but a little yes they losing more player then getting new player and alot new player don't stay.

• MetaDeth
    MetaDeth Member Posts: 31
    Yes

Each so-called "update" causes more and more problems that they have to go back and try to fix.

It's snowballing.

Creating more problems so they constantly have things to work on. It's called "job security."

They're shooting themselves in the foot, though.

If it's not broke, don't mess with it!

Quit the nerfing of characters and perks to appease the whiners.

The HUD worked fine as it was.

Get back to the basics.

Keep it simple.

PTBs used to be to test the new perks and killer mechanics, now it's that plus 20 other things.

• Boot
    Boot Member Posts: 17
    No

People have said its dying since 2016 and its no more true now than then. However as someone whos played for years their development direction for the last while has alienated me but one player on pc is immaterial compared to new console sales.

• No

The only thing that is even close to dying is the killers side because people get bullied by toxic SWF's and quit killer.

I'm not saying SWF is toxic in general but there are some real ######### in the game as everyone knows

• fatbabyslayer
    fatbabyslayer Member Posts: 105
    No

Honestly its just getting started xqc has been playing it alot of other streamers been playing it too, I see it getting REAL big soon

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891
    No

Nah, not really. Even my friends that have never played it have heard about the recent chapter release.

• ItzZane_
    ItzZane_ Member Posts: 965
    No

If BHVR is going to make ######### updates like the midchapter patch and the twins update the game is going to die real quick