Any benefit from unlocking the FPS limit of 60 on DBD?

Just curious if anyone has any info / research / evidence on whether there is any noticeable benefit to unlocking the 60 FPS cap on this game? 144hz vs 60hz on a shooter like CS:GO makes a big difference, just not sure if it’s worth doing on DBD.

I previously unlocked it and was hitting a fairly consistent 120fps but my video card would run extremely hot.

Just did a clean install of windows for a different reason and played a few games with the FPS locked to 60, video card no longer ran hot and I honestly couldn’t tell a difference in game play or smoothness.

Comments

• Brysae
    Brysae Member Posts: 8

I've never bothered with anything above 60hz for DBD. Sure it looks a lot smoother on higher monitors but gameplay wise I personally don't notice a difference. I have my fps capped at 75. Unlocked my card runs hot on anything. I ran Overwatch at 300fps and my card was well over 80C, I have a 1070 as well so that's not great. I dropped everything down to 75 locked and it stays below 55 for the most part. You'll want consistent frames on a cooler GPU than an overall higher frame rate which can lead to stutters. My opinion anyways. CS:GO is different for obvious reasons if you're a familiar GO player.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

I used to unlock my FPS but it led to more bugs. For example, there was a patch where you couldn't leave the basement and would keep teleporting back. Turned out it was related to unlocking FPS.

There are some benefits, like skill checks are generally smoother and seem easier to hit. But the devs probably have it capped at 60 FPS for a reason, so keep in mind uncapping is at your own risk.