The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Do not debate or trash talk, please - Looking for personal opinions.

Erogotic
Erogotic Member Posts: 11
edited February 2021 in General Discussions

UPDATE: Will not be on further tonight if anything further is posted, feel free to respond to anything I wrote OR to add more if you're stumbling on the thread. I will get back to any responses I see. If I missed one, I apologize, you can message me if needed. Thank you everyone! I was not expecting so many responses, thank you for staying civilized instead of the war.

First: Do you believe that the game is survivor sided or killer sided?

Second: What rank are you?

Third: How long have you been playing/hours played approximately?

Fourth: Do you have main characters with the perks that you want in these games at least for the most part?

LASTLY: Are you a killer or survivor main?

P.S. (Share as much or as little as you want, just looking for some responses to this so I am not completely ignorant to different ranks and perspectives. Thank you for reading!)

Happy entity touching.

Post edited by Erogotic on

Comments

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    edited February 2021

1.Depends.

Tournament level? Rather survivor sided unless the killer is spirit or nurse

Public Games? Quite balanced

2.Always around rank 1 on both sides

3.About 6000 hours

4.I have every killer and survivor P3 with all perks except Claudette and Elodie

5.I mostly play killer but i also enjoy playing survivor quite a lot.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

1) Slightly survivor sided

2) Killer: Hovering around the Green ranks... have made it to rank 1 before

Survivor: Yellow ranks

3) 855+ hours

4) I'm close to getting all perks on The Pig and Feng Min... yea for the most part on killers I play (survivor not so much)

5) About 60/40 at this point

• Erogotic
    edited February 2021

Thank you, both of you so far, for some insight on your opinions. Looking for more for sure but will be afk for a bit. Hopefully this gains a slight amount of responses because would love to see some more input. I'm at 1.7(?)k hours and I see both arguments hit hard and since I am rank 1 both, I can see both sides, just curious if it changes from my perspective or not, but more what the community health feels like.

P.S. ( I see you RaSavage.) I'll respond to everyone if a discussion is to be had about things but just no debates or arguing. Just a consensus. Thank you for all of the help, friends!

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,871

1-That depends. In lower ranks, I believe that the game is more killer sided. In mid to higher ranks, killers get an edge as their performance is not tied to team members. But among the most skilled players in the game, it becomes survivor sided again.

2-Consistently reach rank 1. RN I am rank 4 bc I didn't play after the last rank reset (Sekiro is taking my time).

3-Since Jan 2020, between 500-600hrs I think.

4-My mains are David, Cheryl, Tapp, and Doctor.

5-I'd say killer survivor ratio of 3/8.

• PanicSquid
    PanicSquid Member Posts: 655

1) Depends on your rank, when you're new its killer sided, red ranks is survivor sided at the moment.

2) Currently a rank 5 killer (reset happened today) and a Rank 9 survivor (reset and loss of pips from unbroken glitch)

3) between 400 and 500 hours

4) Nope, none of my killers or survivors have all the perks

5) I play killer more now, since my friends have abandoned this game

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775
    1. At high levels of play? Survivor-sided.
    2. Rank 1 on both sides.
    3. About 3.5K hours or since July 2018.
    4. Yes.
    5. I play both, slightly more on Killer because of queue times.
  • ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763
    1. Survivor Sided
    2. Because of Rank Reset I'm Rank 5 Survivor and Killer but I was a Rank 2 Survivor and Rank 1 Killer
    3. My platform doesn't give specific hours just like "You've played this or more of this game" so somewhere between 2350 and 2355 hours in the game. I've physically been playing since September 2019 (I have no life lmao)
    4. I switch basically between everyone but my mains for both sides are David (for Survivor) and Pig (for killer)
    5. I don't main either side
  • edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,200
    edited February 2021

First: Loaded question. The game is extremely killer-sided when players are new. No perk/item/add on restrictions at the highest skill level? It's extremely survivor-sided assuming you have 4 good survivors against an equally skilled killer. But Nurse/Spirit change that a bit. Even tournaments that restrict survivors to 2 perks per team (i.e. no more than 2 DS for four survivors) and yellow items still see high escape rates until Nurse/Spirit come into play. That being said, most players are really bad at the game at all ranks and can't run a single tile without being hit, hence the kill rates being what they are. Most killers should not be downing survivors within one minute of a chase except in cases of bad map RNG. But most survivors don't run anything correctly and take unnecessary hits.

Second: Rank 1 killer and red rank survivor, though I don't play a lot of survivor outside of KYF anymore

Third: 3000 hours since Spirit release

Fourth: I have every perk on every killer, working on survivors

Fifth: Mostly killer for regular queue, but I play both in tournaments

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531
    1. Overall, yes, I think the game is slightly survivor sided.
    2. I'm rank one for both roles
    3. I have just over 1.5k hours
    4. I have every perk for both roles
    5. I'm a killer main, but I also play survivor
  • katapad
    katapad Member Posts: 55
    1. Survivor-sided at high skill levels, killer otherwise. SWF definitely beats down killers at all skill levels - I only play with buddies on the survivor side and it's borderline unfair some times.
    2. Rank 4/5 killer - R8/9 survivor
    3. About 200 or so
    4. Cleaning up perk builds on killers, but what I have is mostly just 1 off for who I want to play. Got the setup I wanted very quickly on the survivor side.
    5. 95/5 killer-sided.

Realize I'm still newer at the game comparatively/

• ChiSoxFan11
    ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093

1) Situational. At beginning ranks, killers dominate, even if they're not all that good. Survivors tend to be solo players and are just learning, and even new killers can do well there (especially if they camp and/or tunnel, since the new survivors won't have the perks to try and deal with that). Middle ranks, that starts to balance out. At Red Ranks, survivor-sided, particularly when you start seeing SWF groups of any size.

2) Before Rank Reset, I was Rank 3 killer and Rank 6 survivor (after a horrible depip stretch). I've reached Rank 2 as killer and survivor both before, and I usually spend most of any given period at Red Rank now. I think I'm a better killer than survivor, though (I play as part of a two-person SWF usually), so take that for what it's worth.

3) Just passed the 1300 hour mark.

4) I've leveled all of my survivors to 50, and P3 one. I've gotten the "important" perks (DS,UB, BT, DH, etc.) on all of them, though I only have one character with every perk, and I only run DS on every build, regardless of the game. Most of my killers are leveled up to 50 as well. I have every perk on the ones I play the most often (Pig, Ghostface, Doctor, Wraith, Trapper), but several of my killers are lacking perks. Again, though, I have all of the "important" perks on the killers I like to play (BBQ, Ruin, Pop, Corrupt, etc.)

5) I consider myself neither. I play about 50/50, and have put all of those hours in the game since the end of last March (when the pandemic started). I've seen dramatic improvement on my killer play from when I started, less improvement on the survivor side, lol. I think it's important to play both sides a lot to understand how to face the other side, as well as to understand why things are the way they are in game, why the "other side" gets frustrated, and why things you think aren't "fair" or "balanced" might actually be so.

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784

1) Survivor sided at high level of play, but in average public matches it's pretty balanced.

2) 1 on both usually.

3) Been playing since release, with about 2800 hours.

4) ya

5) Killer main, but I do play a lot of survivor too.

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583

1.) I believe the developers are Survivor sided because they fear attacking the larger base. I believe the game stats prove that the kill rates say the end results of most matches are Killer sided.

2.) Rank 4 (Red)

3.) About 250 hours

4.) I mostly main Meg just because having to re-perk every character is a blood point black hole.

5.) I play about 80% Survivor / 20% Killer. Most of my Killer matches are daily rituals.

• panernaners
    panernaners Member Posts: 243
    1. neither. both sides have op stuff that if used fully balances out. Even in an average game I don't really "win" in such a way where the survivor had no chance but there isn't a set win condition so I can count whatever I want as a win because if your not having fun are you really wining?
    2. before reset rank 2/1 killer and rank 5 survivor
    3. 865 on pc and 2/3 years on console playing on and off.
    4. I don't really have a main for killer I play almost everyone that I have but I guess I would say clown even before the rework. For survivor Jeff or Jake.
    5. 90 percent of the time I play killer.
  • tactic
    tactic Member Posts: 356
    1. definitely survivor sided towards higher ranks, but SWF can dominate in all ranks.
    2. rank 3-5 killer, 6-8 survivor (would probably be higher if I could be bothered to sit through the queue time)
    3. 400+ hours
    4. Got all my killers and most survivors to level 50, but there’s always a perk missing that I want.
    5. I play more killer but that’s mostly because I hate long queue times & relying on others. (Also the friends I used to play with stopped lol)
  • AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

survivor sided

red ranks for survivor, always rank 1 for killer

I have 2k hours, 900 escapes, 8.5k kills

I main hag, demo, semi plague at least those the ones i play most.

Obviously im a killer main but im pretty good at not being biased.

• idektbh
    idektbh Member Posts: 129

1. Rank dependent

2. Red rank on both

3. 450+ hours

4. (Survivor) Main every female characters and I have a specific different build in each of them, I don't have all the perks I need/want in most of them yet tho. (Killer) Clown and mostly Huntress main with the builds I want

5. About 50/50 or 60/40 which depends on my mood

• kyogul
    kyogul Member Posts: 491
    edited February 2021
    1. Tl;dr: SWF, particularly when all four are individually good = survivor sided / Solo queue, no matter how good the survivors are individually = killer sided. IMO, at the highest level (or what I assume it to be), the game is survivor sided. In casual play (aka solo queue), it is killer sided. Survivor is a team role and to play it well as a team demands coordination, strategy. You can't do that with randoms in solo queue. However in higher skill levels, especially when on comms (like in tournaments), they are not only individually good but can strategise, coordinate, and plan out what they are doing. It truly becomes 1v4 at that point. Solo queue, even with the best survivors, is merely 1(killer)v1v1v1v1. However the dysfunction, lack of coordination and planning, and disorganisation from solo queue pairings makes it killer sided, but it is closer to being balanced albeit still favours the killer in general.
    2. Rank 1 on both sides
    3. uhh shy under a year, circa 900 hours now
    4. somewhat yes. For survivor I use felix, jake, and ace a lot. have recently been playing with feng. For killer I've played most legion, freddy, and doctor
    5. As of late, even before this patch, kinda neither. Mostly have played survivor for my hours though.
  • Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328
    1. On tournament level its survivor sided, but in pubs its fair at some times.
    2. Red Ranks on both sides every season
    3. 2,500+ hours
    4. Half of my survivor roster has all the teachable's besides Elodie's, and only one killer has all the teachables. (Wraith)
    5. I'd say I play both equally but if I had to chose which one to play forever it'd be survivor.
  • Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,061

"First: Do you believe that the game is survivor sided or killer sided?"

Very much Survivor-sided.

"Second: What rank are you?"

Well rank reset just happened, so Rank 5. Foremerly Rank 1. Both roles.

"Third: How long have you been playing/hours played approximately?"

Since Beta / Almost 3K hours

"Fourth: Do you have main characters with the perks that you want in these games at least for the most part?"

I have a handful of Survivors that are P3 with all perks, and have all Killers at P3 with all perks.

I'm not really concerned with prestiging more Survivors since they are just skins anyways, so I just put my spare BP into Killers.

"LASTLY: Are you a killer or survivor main?"

Used to play both equally, but am now almost entirely a Survivor main. I would like to play Killer more, but I'm not a masochist.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,166
    edited February 2021
    1. Survivor sided, especially with SWF implementation. Great killer mains will do pretty well in pugs and struggle versus a sweaty and good SWF.
    2. Normally rank 1 survivor, rank 2-4 killer. Haven't played in the last 3 days after the horrible patch though.
    3. Well I bought the game years ago but never really dedicated time to it. But the last 2 months I'd say, I logged over 400 hours.
    4. Yes I main Meg and David mostly. Usually staying away from the 'meta' perks and yes I'd say I have the perks I want. But the bloodweb system still sucks.
    5. I am primarily a survivor main in 100% solo que. I'd say if I played 10 games, 8-9 of them would be survivor played. Killer is fun but something about working together with complete strangers with no voice comms and excelling, is very satisfying.
  • Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited February 2021

Survivor sided significantly. Especially in SWF, but even in solo queue four good solo's is very much the power role in this game. I play almost strictly solo queue.

Rank 1 on both sides for years

4-5 years. I'm coming up on 7,000 hours

Fourth: Do you have main characters with the perks that you want in these games at least for the most part?

Yes, every single one is at P3 Lvl 50 with every single perk at tier 3.

I enjoy killer more as I think it's significantly more challenging and I don't have to rely on other people, but I do play both pretty equally.

• animalmak
    animalmak Member Posts: 399

I think it's really dependent on killer, map, and ranks. I play both sides and I don't see one side as having an unfair advantage over the other aside from situational things.

Highest I've reached in both is 7 on survivor and 15 on killer.

I don't know how many hours because I play on PS4 and they don't track that, but I've been playing a year-ish? Not super consistently though.

For the most part, yes. I still need to finish leveling Bubba and Clown to get BBQ and Pop, but I've got pretty much all the other perks I want. Just a matter of them finally showing up in the bloodweb. Goal is to eventually get all of them unlocked though!

Survivor. Most of the time I'm playing with friends, just vibing. I'm trying to get more into killer, however, because I really want to get into Nurse. I'd say right now it's about 70/30 but I'd love to get it to 50/50.

• Clueless
    Clueless Member Posts: 340

3+ player SWF is favored always, but with solos it is tile spawning RNG picking the winning side most of the time.

Rank 6 on Survivor and Rank 1 on Killer.

Had the game for ~3 years, only have ~200 hours. (Play a lot of other games / months long breaks)

No, the grind is what makes me take breaks so often. I get bored of the same perks over and over again.

~30/70 Survivor/Killer

• Erogotic
    edited February 2021

I may not have needed to ask hours, because just due to someone having more hours doesn't make their opinion invalid. I guess it's a bit of a gamble but also has to do with rank from what you have experienced on what side it leans towards, that's interesting to me. On paper, it makes a bit of sense but at the same time it's hard to not see how the killers play and wonder how its working at the lowest ranks. Not the worst players, just some that are still learning or want to be low rank. As long as you aren't a Bill main, we good. Thank you for the input. @lagosta

Nurse is absolutely insane but even at rank 1 with a squad full, we've seen maybe a handful in all of my time actually be playing well, especially after her nerf. I am sure she's up there but it's a killer I never got past 40 to really test. It just wasn't quite my type of style. On average the killer is at advantage but a survivor is in control, just requires a bit more knowledge and easy to make a mistake the higher you get.

If I do say so myself, I have been playing other characters but Ace and Felix are my like... Bread and Butter. I like you. Thank you for your time! @SurpriseSurprise

Interesting, a pig main with David too. Saw fan series? Survivor sided but you play both. I can respect that a lot. Thank you, and yeah, the total playtime I should have worded that better as in, have you played for a while or newer etc. not meaning to ask people to divulge their entity hours. Thank you for your time @ChurchofPig

I can wholeheartedly agree. I see Dead by Daylight as a party game. You can't have voice comms with how toxic things get, although it could be funny at times, it would just add more toxicity to the game, overall. I don't see a way that survivors who are solo can really compete against a competent killer that also has any sort of decent start. I don't know if there's a way to balance this though so I wouldn't be able to give any insight. Thank you so much for sharing @jdcabral ! :)

Pretty cool to play in tournaments, where are they usually broadcast? Or is it in house? On a side note though, I didn't really know that the whole rule of some tournaments is to limit perks, I knew of OoO being unusable for some but not the other side of the coin. Do you have a place you could DM me maybe on where to find said tournaments? I'm curious about how DBD tournaments go in general, the way they actually show it or if they broadcast it at all. Thank you, very much, for your response. @edgarpoop

Mmm - I will try to stay neutral on the topics because I don't want to be swayed by sharing my side too much or giving too much information but I can't deny that the game is at least slightly survivor sided (at least at times).

Thank you so much for the input @QwQw - the perks I think is the major roadblocker on this question, it's hard to gauge someone's ability to create a build based off what they're given - especially just starting out. So much stuff now to do, and I came late. Mid last year? Jeez.

• skyguys
    skyguys Member Posts: 67
    edited February 2021
    1. Survivor-sided. Solo queue player
    2. Before crossplay, I hovered around rank 1. Now I hover around rank 3-4. (console player meeting sweaty pc players)
    3. 300hrs. I take month long breaks for the sake of my mental health. Played since September 2019. Watched the game since late 2017.
    4. Bill, p3, almost all perks
    5. Survivor main
  • LordVoidron
    LordVoidron Member Posts: 146
    edited February 2021

First: Survivor

Second: 6 - Survivor, 10 - Killer

Third: 632

Fourth: I got my bunny feng, and no mither. i think im all set.

LASTLY: Survivor

I rarely play killer due to abysmal queue times. but i'd sit out the queue times if the blob from the blob was added as killer. pls devs ive begged for the entirety of my forums accounts existence. for refference i got the game (bought with Ghost face) a month before stranger things DLC. and i play 3 times a week.

• Erogotic

@katapad That's the whole reason for asking when it comes to play time, I can't fully remember the beginning, but lately bringing people in, they seem to get really agitated (not from hitboxes) but a misunderstanding of how the games works. Wanted to ask the general public how they feel about the game state in a non survivor/killer main sub topic, where it is more... biased. Lucky on your survivor side, I am over here getting my characters to P3 for "better chances" yet, still tossed tier 1 only perks I don't want. :p welcome to dead by daylight - albeit late. Thank you!

@ChiSoxFan11 I really, really agree. It's hard to be unbiased while claiming to be a killer or survivor main prior but, there points aren't completely crazy - if we are being fair - DBD is a crazy grind, while it's also more of a party game than anything. Don't get me wrong, I mean no disrespect. I just mean I tend to take it a lot less seriously, maybe due to time. I now am at places where I am almost too nice to the other side and kinda stay stagnant on ranks, after staying rank 1 on a bunch of builds/killers, I realized anything can really work, it just depends what YOU consider winning, and how much time you have put into it for map knowledge/guessing survivors and vice versa guessing killers. Great points! Thank you for the input.

@ASpazNamedSteve I would say that I agree - it's difficult to really break down that "what is high level play and not" - I can tell when a player is good, either from movements or if they drop a pallet they definitely take a hit from (either way), etc, however, it's hard at time to gauge SWF, Top tier players, lucky ones, addons and tools, etc. I don't know a crazy amount of the game, only a little over a year but I don't even want to talk about how much time I have sunk into this game yet I still am learning and I love that. It's great to take a break as a killer until my group is around but we never try hard like some of the groups we run into. Don't get me wrong though, I have no issue with people who are playing more competitively to rank up. Thank you for your input!

@EvanSnowWolf I know they have released information in the past but do they consider kill rate a complete 4k or just each kill adds to the % of overall? If it's the latter, it's hard to really decide if those statistics make things seem better or if its more of a "feel better" - the only reason I say that is because while in red ranks as survivor I was able to pip and black pip from doing very - very little. On the other hand, I have found one stupid chase I stick to can cost an entire game as killer. I would say though, ultimately, 2-3 people as a kill would be a win. You aren't meant to survive every game, that, would be silly. You are meant to prolong and escape as many people as possible. Otherwise, nobody would play the killer role.

Meg is great, just make sure to put some point into other teachable to round her out (I am sure you know that already). I do not want to comment on how the developers are rank wise, but, from what I have heard is that most of them, if not all, are rather low rank players. This isn't a negative thing but creating the changes is a bit rough at times and two steps back with one forward. Thank you for the insight!

• Kill_Yr_Idol83
    Kill_Yr_Idol83 Member Posts: 213

1) Survivor sided for sure based on SWF alone.

2) Rank 5 Survivor, Rank 9 Killer since rank reset today (am normally a red rank survivor and purple rank killer).

3) Been playing just under 4 years and have 6000+ hours into it.

4) Yes, all my survivors and killers have all the perks I want and use, as well as having them all unlocked.

5) I play both sides (70% Killer, 30% Survivor).

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980

1) Survivor sided at all but the lowest Ranks. If you run the meta, and actually loop, the Killer doesn't have much of a chance unless they get real sweaty. SWF just exaggerates this lopsidedness to a large degree. Solo queue is actually a lot of fun, and it's all I run. I die a lot, but almost always get solid BP and a pip/double. Extremely rare to actually depip.

2) Haven't played in 8-9 months so Rank 9 Survivor, 16 Killer. Been at Rank 1 on both sides many times, usually hang around Ranks 4-8 though for the most fun matches.

3) 850+ hours. I'll play for a month or two, then take a break with other games. Waiting on that Hellraiser DLC so I can make this my only game.

4) I main Dwight and Feng, both at P3 lv50 maxed. Main Hag P3 lv50 maxed, Huntress P3, and Myers P3 mostly. Other Killers I play for fun, dailies, or just to relax. Nothing says "I need to chill" like running around with the Plague and vomiting on people without actually hitting them.

5) Mostly Survivor main right now. Really need to rank up my Killers soon. Playing against low rank Survivors, especially newer ones, is almost depressing.

• EvanSnowWolf

I don't know. I am mainly basing that statement on this graphic that BHVR released:

As for Meg, I am definitely getting other teachables. I have MOST Survivors I want at 40 with their three perks learned. But they just funnel into Meg so I am not trying to get them on EVERYONE. I just don't have the hours invested for that much blood right now. But yeah, until they make a muscular female character it's gonna be Meg and her abs for me.

• Erogotic

And that's fine! I do agree both sides have OP perks or addons, things that are outdated and need reworking. Pinky Finger Clown, Irri head huntress, hag not being removed from the game because I still get jump scared after so many hours. I can't fully say that I have a main for killer, maybe Ghostface/Oni? Swapping to Legion soon just cause hes cool to me. I try to remember everyone is trying to have fun, you have your sweaty players, all meta builds, etc. but a lot of average players, even with meta perks, can't use them in a way thats hindering. Killers have the ability to kill, survivors have the ability to prolong said kill. Thank you for the input @panernaners

It heavily depends on your region/time of day/cross play enabled or disabled. Coming from league with 20+ minute queue times for ranked? I don't see much of a problem with the queue times but I have heard this from many people. I tend to alt tab and go about my business a bit. On a more serious note - I agree, SWF absolutely has advantage, the majority I have been running into after reset are a huge mix of ranks but on a normal game, it does seem to be completely in their favor with comms. I would wait on the shrine for those perks or to simply keep pumping into the few that you play for a bit until you get the perk you want (assuming you already unlocked from another character which you want the perks from). Thank you @tactic

I have absolutely no problem with bias, but even so, just because someone "mains" a side, doesn't mean in any way that they are being biased. You enjoy one side more than the other, you're playing in those matches. Especially since you play both sides anyways, it's harder to think that comes from a place of bias. Thank you so much for sharing your time in answering. @AChaoticKiller

Ahh yeah, I feel you on that, I have P3'd a lot of characters and only... Ghostface? As a killer? But my other killers mostly have "okay" builds. I agree on rank dependent. New players tend to get hit with "Killers are OP I always get hooked" but as they improve they realize even if you can't break chase, the idea is to buy times with as little pallets used as possible, which does NOT mean to be afraid to use a pallet. If you're facing a decent killer? Try to make it seem you're doing a loop. Hold W away, waste their time once you lose line of sight. It works even at red ranks a lot. Grats on red rank both though, usually takes far more hours for both ^^

Good, survivor is fun, hopefully you have a group OR you have some people to play with from just doing solos that you would like - DM me if not, maybe we can get some games in. Even if I got red ranks at some point, I play for being chased nonstop and then black pipping at purple - trying hard though I already proved to myself Rank 1 is good and a great time sink. I've recently picked up Legion - Doctor is my Bloodpoints farmer, but that doesn't mean I bloodpoint farm cause that gets boring fast Thank you @kyogul

• Erogotic

I have no quarms with tournaments when it comes to DBD - I just personally see it as a party game in which you can just vibe and enjoy, if you feel a bit tilted, play some else, yknow? But, because of this, I haven't seen tournament play or how it is set up. I feel like pubs are pretty hit or miss, however, if its a lot of solos that aren't "Great" survivors that still are incredibly altruistic and bodyblocking? It can be difficult but they usually mess up eventually to at least black pip as a killer. Wraith main, ey? I don't think you'll respond, but, if there are direct messages, would love to hear your thoughts on wraith changes. He's spoopier.

Playing killer is like running around the map with Amandas helmet on trying to get it off, except... with everything. If I had more time I would Killer so often but I usually have some sort of group going even if just one. 3k hours is impressive, rank reset is disgusting (off topic) but I am glad they're finally doing rewards, even if just bloodpoints, my original idea was irridescent rewards based on rewards/bloodpoints amount increasing based off that. Shards take a while to accumulate and don't unlock THAT much - the best is Auric Cells - but this is a good start.

Without my girl being *cough 7k almost 8k hours* we found it a great way to bond on a game we both enjoy so it steals a lot of my time :p I enjoy the grind when it comes to content creation side BUT - my casual friends out here with 3 of lauries perks and the DS1 cause cant play as often as they want. It sucks and needs a rework. SWF definitely is always favored. When you are in a duo, its very - although "meh" ends with one on hook, other for hatch, let go on it being found for the other, if the game went poorly thank you for the opinion share @Clueless

7 and 15 truly isn't bad, especially if you take breaks and come back to changes or just aren't invested as heavily as others. Those are ranks that could be a bit toxic but at the same time, it's always a great place to learn, and real talk, 7 is still respectable. I don't think rank matters AS much - just a general "high chance to get better players" yet most are ... not. Best of luck, friend, DM me for any games but I am PC so we wouldn't be able to talk.

I think my opinion on the matter of choosing killer or survivor I feel incredibly similar to. I enjoy killer a lot more, I am fair, no tunneling or camping etc unless they start becoming BM in which case It's a 4k or 1 hatch escape. 4-5 years is impressive, I came before Yui, absolutely, as I had enough to insta P3 her and someone else or two I think were P3 - unsure of when I started though. Almost wanna say shortly before Ghostface was shown? - I don't push for ranks but probably will because I have been saying since I started they need an incentive for people to actually try instead of insta d/c in solos. Thank you for the input @Blueberry

I know veterans probably hate this idea, but I really do think they need a LARGER increase in catch up Bloodpoints, I get they have events all the time but the sheer amount of grinding needed is rough, it turns my friends away so fast when they level a character to 35 and realize how many they need to do. I stack 1 million bloodpoint for a level 40 that has no good perks. As a casual that hardly ever plays? I couldn't even imagine how awful that is. Thank you @Volcz

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

The game is extremely killer sided at all ranks and all levels of play unless it is a 4 man coordinated team and the killer will feel some pressure. Assuming the killer knows what they are doing, he has all the tools, advantages, perks, and free mechanics in their favor to deny survivors the ability to have a chance to win. A survivor does not have this option. Free mechanics such as slugging, tunneling, and camping are all free. Only a 4 man coordinated team that know what they are doing can overcome these. I will also say only a few of the killers can handle a top SWF. But it raises the question: should killers expect and demand to win every game? The answer should be clearly no.

I played both sides since August 2016. Playing much less now and is mostly a critical observer waiting for a new game.

• Erogotic

As a solo queue player I have better luck than duos or threes, I just wish they modified some more "action" abilities for survivors to feel more intense or at least turn the on hook into skill checks so lag doesnt kill me from struggling since I play with people from everywhere. Oh wait you're a bill main. Next. (Just kidding) - I don't blame you needing a break, I take a few here and there but always find myself coming back. Have you tried turning crossplay off? Might be a lag issue + sweaty pc players. I don't know how queues were prior, though.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

DbD is kinda balanced if the survivors aren't slamming gens and the killer isn't Spirit or Nurse with all the good stuff.

I hang around red/purple ranks for both, not that that means much once you get there. It's super easy to maintain barring the current depip bug.

Playing for... 800 hours? Plus console time, which I don't know how long it is.

I don't even know how to answer that question because I ######### despise bland meta perks.

I don't main a side. I play killer when I want to kill, I play survivor when I want to survive, and I get the short end of both sticks. Most of my opponents are sweaty AF and run the same 10 perks, while my teammates (if I'm playing survivor) think that "generators" is a brand of ready meal that their diet just cannot handle. SWF is pretty much my only reprieve because then we at least die together.

• Erogotic

Did you start off as survivor @Kill_Yr_Idol83 Or was it more of a down the line, secondary? Currently, it's my secondary work I am doing after p3'ing around 4-5? Survivors? But I already got red for killer as, at the time, the only killers I found cool (mostly Ghostie then) - just curious on the decision behind that, a strong solid on survivors when it comes down to SWF - I agree.

Just hide her face and that's a perk in itself. At least I invest in... DEATHGARDEN to hide it. But good idea, just pump it all into Meg until you have things to test, if you get addicted down the line, easy to come back to. Thank you again @EvanSnowWolf

Honestly, no game lasts forever, after I stopped playing League (haha) I started looking for a less competitive more fun game, always thought DBD would be kinda lame, gave it a shot and have loved it so just trying to get general feedback on their experiences. I do believe that a top tier killer will destroy solo queue players. The majority of players, I believe, may have played a long time but off and on and are not the best. Being optimal is hard, SWF makes it easy, even if none of them listen to me when I say to stay away from a basement bubba camping me before we see a 4 man down :p But, it's all at the end of the day, for good fun. Hopefully, you can find the drive again, if not for this game, another. Thank you for your opinion, @Sluzzy

• Erogotic

Just run Bond and yknow, get into a chase and run at the others. You will get chase, assist and well - you'll survive longer :)))))

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

I think DbD is a seesaw, i.e. it is very Killer-sided in the weaker Ranks, but the balance of power shifts to the Survivors in the potent Ranks. This is because the Survivors greatest strength is numbers and coordination which they have to learn to use.

Well, we just had the reset so I went from Rank-1 Killer to Rank-5 (and now I'm already back in the Red Ranks). I'll be Rank-1 again before I finish playing tonight. I was Rank-4 as a Survivor (which is about as low as I ever get as a Solo Survivor) and that reset too, but I haven't played enough to bring that back down.

That is hard to say. Steam says I've played 2,257 hours. I say... NO! I think it counted a lot of time I was logged in and forgot to log out. I play a lot but there is no way I crammed that much in since last around August or September of last year. If I have, well then I'm thinking I have a problem.

Yes, I have all the Perks I actually use and a ton that I never use.

I play both about equally, depending on my mood. I've actually been playing more Survivor of late because I keep running into Hackers as a the Killer and that pushes my buttons.

• EvanSnowWolf

Yup! It helps to keep track. The game doesn't actually do that for you, so I did this:

• ClownIsUnderrated
    ClownIsUnderrated Member Posts: 1,031

1.) Neither honestly

2.) Pretty much rank 1 on both sides

3.) Been playing ever since the game was free on PlayStation Plus back in August of 2018

4.) Pretty much have all the perks on all the killers, minus the Twins because I don't like them. Only have all the perks on two survivors which would be Ace and Kate

5.) I play both sides respectfully, might get on sometimes after midnight to test and experiment around with killer stuff. I did that last night with Clown, but I try my best not to be on DBD when it's well after midnight.

• _HN_
    _HN_ Member Posts: 385

1) Survivor sided, from perks to priorities and level design, the game is pretty obviously survivor sided.

2) R1 on both side

3) Since... release I'd say. But on and off.

4) Yes, but I still can't have something even remotely close to decent build with others, some time even after reaching master 3 I keep getting the most useless perks for 70 bloodwebs, which is pretty annoying.

5) Killer main.

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221

Thanks for making this thread, it's interesting to read other people's responses.

1. I definitely think that this game is survivor sided although I have noticed that the devs are trying to balance the game out more (ex. Undying for DS).

My reason for this is because against efficient survivors, unless you tunnel/slug/camp, it is almost impossible to win. Gen speeds are a definite problem (especially with SWF's). Not to mention, keys & maps such as Haddonfield sure doesn't help.

2. I'm always able to maintain red ranks as survivor usually ranging from 2 - 3 until rank reset. For killer, I used to be red ranks & have no doubt that I could get there again, but it's just miserable so I've kept my rank a tad bit lower than that.

3. I have over 1000 hours but if I were to be specific, I'd say around 1200.

4. I generally like to main Dwight & Oni although I branch out often because I'm trying to prestige everyone (all mainly at lvl 50 with a few P1's). With this being said, I obviously have every single perk unlocked on both sides.

5. I play solo survivor 80% of the time, if not more. I generally find survivor a lot less stressful when compared to playing killer so it's my go-to role when I hop on the game.

@Erogotic What about you? You've made this thread for others to discuss but never discussed yourself. I'm curious to hear your opinion!

• macrobiology
    macrobiology Member Posts: 13
    1. The game is balanced but really depends on what each side brings.
    2. Red rank for both sides. I'm not rAnK oNe because I don't really care about winning every single game and like doing joke builds
    3. September 2017 w/ minimal breaks
    4. Yes
    5. I play both sides evenly
  • edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,200

Tournaments are all over the place. Second round of this months Dead by Esports is happening tomorrow (2/14) around noon at https://trovo.live/Boomer_Live. The current season of Vigo's Court, a DbD league, is going on almost daily at https://www.twitch.tv/vigoscourt. RiveSports hosts tournaments from time to time, but they're broadcast in Russian https://www.twitch.tv/rivesports. Those are just a few. There are many more, and everyone has slightly different rules and scoring systems. Some allow kobes, others don't. Killer add on allowances almost always vary from place to place. Rules on stretched res differ. You get the idea.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818
    1. I think the broken matchmaking makes it hard to tell what the balance is like otherwise. SWF has an advantage over everyone else, but that's all I know for sure.
    2. Rank 4/5 on both sides.
    3. ~800 hrs over the past couple years.
    4. The characters I play most frequently have the perks I want for a my standard, default build. If I want to do something fancy, I normally can't find a character who has all of the right perks unlocked.
    5. Started as 100% killer, and now split my time 70/30 with the larger part going to survivor.
  • KlapzCheeks
    KlapzCheeks Member Posts: 171
    1. Survivor sided, a team of 4 competent survivors will beat any killer.
    2. Rank 1 on both sides ( rank does not matter IMO)
    3. 2000 hours
    4. Feng is BAE and I dont really have a main for killer it depends on the mood
    5. Killer main
  • thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

1) At the moment killer sided with the wonky hitboxes. Normally fairly balanced.

2) Rank 20 for both. I'm just coming back from a break. Red rank survivor and purple killer before that.

3) I honestly couldn't say. PS doesn't track that.

4) Nearly. My Dwight has everything I want. Still need work on my other main survivors. Killers are mostly there.

5) Generally survivor main. My eyes just aren't good enough to be a really good killer.