These hitboxes are the worst dbd has seen in 4 years.

JCZ
JCZ Member Posts: 57

Nothing really more to say the hitboxes are screwed, hopefully they get fixed before DBD's player base drops completely.

Comments

• At the same time I find hits phasing through survivor's heads and hitting walls instead.

They really need to fix this immediately.

• scottymo
    scottymo Member Posts: 74

I like the magic hatchet and the hits thru walls myself. Those are awesome as a survivor.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932

I can usually get instant games as killer at this time... not anymore. lol

• HunterTheAgud
    HunterTheAgud Member Posts: 43

I disagree. I don't think you were around when you would get hit trough pallets no matter what, if the killer would swing towards them. Hitboxes were the most broken around the time when jungle gyms got one window and one pallet removed. Unlike this situation now though, they fixed them within hours of it being released.

• HunterTheAgud
    HunterTheAgud Member Posts: 43

And another thing. This is not the hitboxes being a problem at all, this is just desync.

• Sabraiz
    Sabraiz Member Posts: 566

I wish more people would learn that the problem is and always will be latency when you play online games. What you see is not what the server sees and definitely not what other players sees.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

I was watching Zubat and I was flabbergasted at how often that was happening, even in cases where there was no major interaction, like after a short and uneventful chase.

Luckily, I think I've fully transitioned to the phase where I prefer watching others playing this game instead of playing it myself. Can't say I'm disappointed so far.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Yeah I too tend to watch others play more often lately as I really can't stand that combination of bugs, fps drops and big egos simultaneously haha...

• CheyeneKL
    CheyeneKL Member Posts: 723

Holy cow, right??? I've gotten nothing but complete a-hole killers since the update. There have been a FEW nice ones, but everyone else has been playing dirtier than a dishrag even though they're also having the shortest chases of their life due to the fact that survivors cannot accurately judge anything, and even if they do, it's a lose/lose for them at pallets unless they have a boatload of distance at a safe pallet LMAOOO (otherwise, it's drop pallet-get hit anyways/run through pallet, also get hit anyways because everyone is swinging through pallets now because they know there is a good chance they'll hit anyways and maybe even pallet vacuum to your side)

I don't blame killers for taking advantage of what's going on, but it's incredibly irksome to see how a large amount of them are behaving, as if they wouldn't be having a more difficult time catching someone if they could actually run a chase properly

/endrant

• CheyeneKL
    CheyeneKL Member Posts: 723

While many people do realize this, I think a lot of people are conflating it with the idea of it being hitbox related due to the animation changes for survivor. People who don't have a huge amount of knowledge on such things are very reasonably going to believe it is for that. And to be fair- even if the desync issue was nonexistent, people WOULD be taking a lot more hits than they used to, as animations HAVE affected gameplay as far as being able to dodge hits goes. I myself have never been able to 360 (😔) but it's almost funny watching some of my poor friends attempt some sort of movement juke not only get completely shut down by the different animation movement, but also the messed up hits from the desync LMAOO

Anyways, I really hope it gets fixed ASAP. Really frustrating to play survivor right now LOL

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

It was undoubtedly an unannounced killer buff. The devs believe hitboxes that favors killers are fair and want it that way in the game.

They tried to appease by announcing and turning on hit validation, but it either made no difference or gave an even better advantage to killer side. There's no way playtesters didn't notice it, they confirmed what they wanted to do.

• Sabraiz
    Sabraiz Member Posts: 566
    edited February 2021

What exactly are you expecting from hit validation? That it only relies on your end and completely ignores what the killer sees on his end? Latency will still play a part even with hit validation. The only difference is that hits are validated on the server instead of the killer side.

It's not an omniscient being that is able to monitor what happens on your side and the killer side in real time, it still relies on information being sent to the server from both of you to compare if the hit is reasonable or not, supposedly according to what BHVR said about it at least.

Is hit validation perfect? Most definitely not, there is no such thing as perfect to begin with after all.

Personally I rarely see or hear, have to take this with a grain of salt because some people do get upset when hit/downed, about my hits with my ping of 30 ms.

You're probably right, it's just a bit of personal gripe when people laser focus on one problem like it's the only thing affecting it.

I could never 360 before either so I haven't had the chance to see how it compares between the new and old animations.

I also hope it gets fixed, not enjoying the drop in rank I have had because of all the other bugs that was introduced.

Post edited by Sabraiz on
  • jester20k
    jester20k Member Posts: 827

Yes! I hate the nodders! Like dude I ran you for 3 gens and you're going to nod like you're an Olympic champion for finally getting me, eat it!

• jester20k
    jester20k Member Posts: 827

If it does exist it's terrible and broken and never worked right, laggy killers should be at a disadvantage but they are at a huge advantage. It's completely bass ackwards.

• WiiFitTrainer
    WiiFitTrainer Member Posts: 788

This enrages me to no end. And it happens nearly every huntress game. It really kills the mood for me when the hatchet is clearly 5 meters away yet I still get injured anyway. They really need to take a long look at hitboxes/latency since dedicated servers.

• JCZ
    JCZ Member Posts: 57

true but every hit... it gets annoying, also its not JUST latency obviously, it only started happening after the animation update, of course every online game will have latency, but this is not that.

• Bomboclado
    Bomboclado Member Posts: 8
    edited February 2021

Im not sure what happen but im done with dbd. It's not playable anymore, atleast for survivors. It feels like devs just copy pasted Freddy's long ass spaghetti arms to every killer. PRETTY GOOD JOB! over 2.5k hours, can i refund please? no joke i realy wanna refund this clunky game! PM me.