An unknown error occured - SWF unplayable

SadCyclops
SadCyclops Member Posts: 118

When you play SWF matches and you leave the post-match lobby there is the message "an unknown error occured" in about 70% of the matches. If this happens, you are no longer able to be invited by your friends (not able to press the button, it is just blurred) and you can no longer invite your friends (you can invite them but they dont get the message).

This bug makes Survive With Friends nearly unplayable, as the only way to invite again is to quit the game and restart it.

No specific times or perks or characters seem to be involved. It just happens regularly.

9 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• Bartlaus
    Bartlaus Member Posts: 1,026

Hi, same problem here. Ive got this bug since january 2020 and it is player bound. If my friends play without me, they wont get this bug. Only with me :'(( And it depends not on my PC, cuz 3 weeks ago i bought a completely new desktop computer and this bug still appears :(( It'd be nice if the devs could give us some explanations...

• martinp
    martinp Member Posts: 4

Same error, no answer here too.

I can't believe that there are people having this issue since January 2020.

What a naif person I am! I was waiting to the new chapter release because I thought this problem that I discovered during this last month would be fixed.

The only thing I found was that I still have it and that there was no response to the previous reports done by others players.

It's impossible to play with this bug, I have to restart the game at the end of almost every match! Please, we need a response. We need at least to know that you are working on a solution.

Sorry if I made a mistake, my english is a bit rusty.

• kahleesi143
    kahleesi143 Member Posts: 13

I’m getting the same error since the 4yr anniversary update. I’m on PS4 and now can’t SWF at all I can only play solo

• Obsession
    Obsession Member Posts: 10

Just ran into this issue yesterday as I was playing with two friends, still not fixed.

First I get kicked out of the party after a game, now I can either try to rejoin or I have to restart my game immediately because my friends show up as "in game" still. If however I somehow manage to get into their lobby, here is where things get weird:

I can see them, they can see me - so everything appears to be working. But if I type in chat, I can't see any messages, they however can see mine and theirs. I can press ready and I will show up as ready on their screen, but when they eventually find a game, I'm no longer there. Because I'm still stuck in the "ghost" lobby, despite me appearing to be completely normal in their party, their "ghosts" show no signs of life in mine, they never press ready, they never send any messages. The only way to fix this is by restarting the game.

By the way, this happened pretty regularly after every second or third match. Absolutely unplayable and extremely frustrating to figure out.

• SadCyclops

exactly what im talking about. like my post so the devs can see it and become aware of the issue. also tell your friends to do so. upvote this thread so it appears on the first page again.

• StanTheHam0_0
    StanTheHam0_0 Member Posts: 2

I too have the same problem, but on PS4. It’s been happening for me for over 2 months now.

I’ve tried deleting and reinstalling the game but it doesn’t work. I hope the devs come up with a solution to this problem.

• Unknown_Error
    Unknown_Error Member Posts: 3

I am positively, absolutely, downright flabbergasted with the current situation. Please assist me with my endeavor to play with my comrades! Thank you!

• Infinitshade
    Infinitshade Member Posts: 5

I swear i wasted 20 dollars to play an unplayable game

• SadCyclops

please upvote my post and tell all your mates to do so as well. the devs wont even notice that bugs exist unless they have great attention.

they literally started a create your own perk discussion while other subdiscussions are full of perk ideas. i swear they dont invest 5 minutes into reading what is on the forums everyday.

• Bartlaus
    Bartlaus Member Posts: 1,026

Push. This bug still exists. Plz pay attention to it dear Devs :(

• ghoul
    ghoul Member Posts: 3

Can't beleve it haven't fixed yet, year ago me with my friends tried to play SWF, but couldn't because of this bug and deleted game. Today we tried to play and get this bug again and it seems we will uninstall DBD again.