So, what's the use of Clown's yellow bottles?

Options
GrimReaperJr1232
GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,658
edited February 2021 in General Discussions

This is something I keep trying to figure out, but can't.

It's not mobility as it only gives around 2m of distance. So it can only be used in a chase.

Thing is... how? If it's catching up, then the slowdown bottles work fine. If you're at a loop, slowdown bottles are more than serviceable already and with minimal risk whereas the new ones can backfire heavily.

I just can't figure it out. Any use I can find is heavily circumstantial and I'm sure a normal bottle would do just fine. Not using them feels like playing half a killer.

Comments

• tactic
    tactic Member Posts: 356
    Options

It’s free tier II bloodlust, it can really be useful with your lunge to surprise survivors from around corners.

granted, the purple bottle is a lot more effective for playing catch-up, but yellow bottles also give basic map pressure.

They can even be used with purple bottles to leave the survivor with no chance of running.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

You use them in conjunction with the tonic to get hits at extremely safe loops that most survivors just don't expect.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

You use them both.

Purple bottles allows you to chase 100% faster then usual for 2 seconds + how much time the survivor was in the cloud.

Yellow bottles allows you to chase 75% faster for 5 seconds + how long you were in the cloud

Combined they allow you to chase 175% faster. Add 25% when you run bleach

The fastest way to catch a survivor now is to throw a yellow bottle and a purple one while you walk through the yellow gas

• [Deleted User]
    Options

They’re more of a novelty than anything. Complete waste of time rework

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,178
    Options

You dont know how much I feel sad when I threw in alot of ideas. But non get used but "Antidote" which mostly useless...

Why only throw bottles?

• Kees_T
    Kees_T Member Posts: 810
    Options

Behing the scenes: So guys, we're adding a new bottle to the Clown kit, it's called Antitode and it will have a special use, it reduces your total of bottles by -1 , good rework yes? Let's ship it and throw in the live servers!

Well just joking, but I'm pretty sure the Antitode have some situations where it really helps you, like situations where if you had 1 second ahead of a Survivor to get that hit, which can be better when you mix your bottles in chases.

I hope devs implemented something in the backend to count how much the Yellow bottles were used to see it's efficiency and how much it impacted Clown's gameplay.

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409
    Options

I at first thought they were useless, but I began to find it very effective and enjoyable. so when in a chase you throw yellow bottle ahead, switch to purple and throw at survivor. The invigorated effect still works while in the purple cloud for clown. So you little can knock them down, but thats my strategy however. ask @TheClownIsKing he might explain this better then I will

• ClownIsUnderrated
    ClownIsUnderrated Member Posts: 1,031
    Options

First rule about the antidote is to never use it for map mobility, only do it when you pretty much have the game won. The antidote is used for the chase, and can be pretty powerful when used correctly. What you do with it in loops is throw the antidote first, and then follow up with a tonic after. What you can also do out in the open is hit a survivor with a basic attack, and then follow up with an antidote to catch up to them for a down. This makes Clown's chase a lot more stronger than his old self, and I still think people are underestimating the power of the antidote.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

Not sure. I only ever needed one purple bottle at loops. The yellow bottles addressed a problem Clown never had in the first place. Flask of Bleach+Ether still equals more distance gain value than one yellow.

I can use yellow+purple for a single hit, or I can get that same hit with a single purple.

• Volfgang57
    Volfgang57 Member Posts: 369
    Options

You could also use the yellow tonic to bait survivors where you want them. Throw it way in front of them somewhere you want them to go, and perhaps they go for it. You then throw a purple tonic to negate the effects of the yellow and now you have yourself a survivor that's out of position. Granted yes you don't get the slowdown or anything, but you could throw another purple; they're easy enough to aim.

It's a very situational use but can be used if you're creative enough.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531
    Options

I can see some use for them in chases, but Clown was already good in chases before this "rework" came around, which is why it is a failure.