Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Killer Mains: Why are you hardcore tunneling a certain survivor?

Options
tennmio
tennmio Member Posts: 354
edited February 2021 in Ask the Community

I just had a random Solo-Q Game and experienced the following (not the first time btw):

The first caught survivor got downed and hooked, even if the killer had someone else down on the other side of the map or was chasing someone the was injured the killer just left the slug or the chase and went straight back to chase and hook that survivor. What is their reason to behave that disgustingly?

Some marginal information:

Someone had ds, the survivor did not tbag, point, had a key or flashlight

Best Answers

• TripleSteal
    TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298
    Answer ✓
    Options

It's the optimal way to play the match ftw, so I guess that person was really trying to win it.

Answers

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,358
    Options

Where they wearing a $15 legendary skin? If so, that's the reason.

• DerZuntor
    DerZuntor Member Posts: 293
    Options

If it was a Blendette that could be the reason.

• tennmio
    Options

It was not a legendary skin nor a blendette. And that was in the beginning, it was one gen done when she got hooked 2nd time.

• CCClark
    CCClark Member Posts: 32
    Options

I tunnel for a reason, these usually cause it.

Object of obsession

Play like a scumbag / key w map

People with the usernames along the lines of "why me"

People who I have downed and have all gens popped

A friend I know

Because I personally hate them

And dwights in bright outfits

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221
    Options

You don't tunnel Dwight-in-a-Box.. do you? :(

That's the lowest of the absolute low man..

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583
    Options

I only tunnel under one condition: if you pissed me off.

Quick ways to do that:

• Flashlight blind me
    • Teabag me
    • Bring a key
  • Jaffycake
    Jaffycake Member Posts: 56
    Options

because im a killer and I kill people and it is fun and it wins games.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    Options

I'm not main killer but I do play killer. I can tunnel if someone has "toxic" in their gamertag or if I have a history with that survivor. If a survivor in another game did exit gate t-bagging, clicking etc and I remember their names then I tunnel. So if you see no reason why killer went after specific survivor it could very well be that they have met before and what you see is revenge.

• uncreative_username
    Options

Im a Killer main and I don't tunnel very often, if I do its because I know I'm done for (all gens done) so if I already hooked a survivor but noone else I go for them to atleast get one kill in a match. But I don't think tunneling should happen for any other reason, except maybe extreme toxicity but that rarely happens to me and if it does I ignore them because they want me to chase them.

• sakha
    sakha Member Posts: 66
    Options

Not main killer. I dont tunnel anybody if:

• My rank killer is 7-20
    • Survivors are bad
    • Survivors are console players
    You need tunnel if:
    • Your rank 1-6. So survivors red ranks too
    • Survivors are good in loop
    • Vs good survivors no tunnel = no win
  • Sand
    Sand Member Posts: 179
    Options

You mean the survivor I hooked once at the start, once in the middle of the match, and final hook during the end game collapse? Yes I tunneled that survivor hard.

• tennmio
    edited February 2021
    Options

A lil update:

Again I was playing survivor due to the archives. Just had a game against Freddy that tunneled that baby dwight hardcore. With 0 gens done, he was found first, ran in a straight line (cause he was a yellow rank, the killer was a red rank). I was right there had him healed and the killer went around me following him like a maniac. No matter how hard I tried to get him on me that killer was disturbed or something. I spawned with him so I know that he didn't do anything but hiding in a bad spot. That killer went past me multiple times, I went down for dwight but the killer kept following uninjured dwight and left me on the ground. (I mean #########?)

I gotta be honest. I don't understand it and I feel like it is impossible for me to get any answers that "help" or "clarify" what the heck is worng with these people.

I've come to the conclusion that there is no explanation or apology on this earth that I could accept or that would make me change my mind about these kinds of people. With their actions - bit by bit - they take the value from themselves that every living being receives at birth.

I guess one would have to have no heart, no soul, no conscience and no morals to exhibit selfish behaviour to this extent for no good reason and without ganing anything real (cause it is a freaking game). All they do is devalue themselves, poison themselves and make others sad. I am still sad and angry for dwight and his experience and I am sad and disgusted for that killer-player.

I don't want to understand such behavior. Maybe it would corrupt me and make me just as crazy and obnoxious.

• FiveHargreeves
    FiveHargreeves Member Posts: 5
    Options

Found out its not against the rules, abusing it. Also for the salt after game chat, thats why they/we tunnel the same device. Mostly PC