Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Is DBD a skillful Game?

DarkMagik
DarkMagik Member Posts: 822
edited February 2021 in Polls

In my opinon DBD is not game of skill,its more of a game knowledge.The only skillful thing is killer in my opinon,& you you dont really need much,unless your Blight,Nurse,Huntress,Deathslinger,ECT

Note:Im am Talking the Game as a whole

Is DBD a skillful Game? 56 votes

Yes
62%
WoodywoolTapeKnotHighQualityDonutJacoby2041Dimek[Deleted User]SkeletalEliteLeonardo1itamusstang62TaigaInsaneCoasterDarootLeafstormBuddhaBingDawnMadWarcrafter4Awkward_FiendThicc_Boi_MyersNullclinesMadLordJackBigbubbabam270 35 votes
No
37%
ThatbrownmonsterAven_FallenRullisiMrPenguinShapedWeslYghtOBXWiktoroxcynicalDarkMagikstargazer9BrequeGuest1567432Hex_LlamaRizerBasementDwellerClarityOfWillSaintDorksRK67Timo_______R 21 votes
Post edited by DarkMagik on

Comments

• Leonardo1ita
    Leonardo1ita Member Posts: 2,278
    edited February 2021
    Yes

As a m1 killer you need an insane amount of skill to face really good survivors, to the point where winning as trapper against comp players is something out of this world, seriously.

EDIT: Btw YES, dbd is a game which requires skill. Play at 1 am cross play disabled on pc with wraith, you won't win 20 games consecutively, I promise

• DarkMagik
    No

To explain all you need to know to be a good m1 killer is Time Management & Knowledge about the Maps/Loops

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785

Depends on the situation.

• DawnMad
    DawnMad Member Posts: 1,030
    Yes

Time Management and map knowledge are both considered skills. That's like saying chess doesn't require skill because it's all about memorizing openings and knowing how each piece moves.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869
    No

I think it is more of a knowledge thing. Maps, perks, strats and time management.

Survivor is more chill tho (not all the time of course) and as a killer you are kinda pressured and there is no room for mistakes against good players but still I wouldn't call it skillfull gameplay wise.

• DarkMagik
    No

Well in Chess you have to adapt to your opponents move .In DBD most loops you have to play one certain way around it DBD unless you have certain perks or if you are certain killer.Time Managment & Knowledge are skills but are not Skillful

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    Yes

Being able to manage your time effectively is skillful

• Awkward_Fiend
    Awkward_Fiend Member Posts: 687
    Yes

You also have to adapt to your opponent in DbD. If you're a survivor and you notice that the killer rarely double backs, use that knowledge to your advantage next time you break LOS. If you're killer it's all about predicting what a survivor'll do when you mindgame and choosing the best option. Certain killers as well offer up heaps of skill, for example Nurse, Blight, Oni, Billy, and Huntress. Time management is also a mental skill, it requires keeping mental track of multiple hypothetical timers while focusing on other things.

• ClownIsUnderrated
    ClownIsUnderrated Member Posts: 1,031
    No

There's not a whole lot of skill in DBD to talk about, unless you want to play Nurse. I can agree with what other people are saying is it's more knowledge of understanding certain things then skill. Compare DBD to a fighting game, and then you'll realize how laughable DBD's skill ceiling is. In fighting games you have to learn how to do certain combos so efficiently, that it basically requires immediate focus as much as possible. Also having to learn how to play certain fighters as best you possibly can, like Shulk in Smash is so unbearable to play at first since you don't know what you're doing. The only thing that will always disappoint me in fighters is having to deal with spammers

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818
    No

In so far as any game anybody plays requires some amount of skill, DBD is a skilled game. But, if I looked at it in comparison to all the games in the world, would I say it requires an unusual amount of skill to do well? Or that the skills you need to do well are unusually hard to learn? Probably not.

• RK67
    RK67 Member Posts: 101
    No

It is a balance of skill and luck.

• Rizer
    Rizer Member Posts: 95
    No

Too many variables / luck based garbage to make it "skillful" ... any skill is artifical based on opposing members performance / map structure... + the addons don't help either... they usually make it easier on the person using them.

• cynical
    cynical Member Posts: 19
    No

Most of the time "######### around and find out" works for both sides so eh. Can't remember when I last tryharded.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Yes

If DbD didn't take skill, then there would be little difference between a 100 hour player and a 1000 hour player.

• InsaneCoaster
    InsaneCoaster Member Posts: 305
    Yes

A lot of people saying it's just knowledge, and although it's true knowledge is absolutely vital, without skill your knowledge would be useless. Nothing beats actual experience. Playing DBD well is definitely dependent on skill.

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
    Yes

The vast majority of games are skill based to some degree (besides rng situations). This is no different and requires much more skill than a lot of games