QuestionForCommunity: Please tell honestly, how are you feeling about DBD lately...

Welcome back to QuestionForCommunity!

todays question is a more sad one, how do you feel about DBD lately? Just let it out in the comments.

Comments

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409

I think it needs work, It is better then it was years ago, but it still needs work. I think its cool they made a change to clown, but I just wished they put more time into the game rather then future projects

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Other than current desync issues loving it more than ever. Getting better at killer has made me want to play more and this event is giving me something to work towards

• Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080

Balance at highranks sucks. Games are too swingy and predictable and nothing has really changed since release. Enjoyable up to that point, but overall just a game for casuals but no love for dedicated gamers.

• GodLikeTerror
    GodLikeTerror Member Posts: 1,054

I've gotten use to the new ui, and I don't have a problem with the ui. Love new clown as a clown main. Love the new survivor animations. The new game map needs to be looked at still, and the desync problems need to be fixed. Otherwise it's fine.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

I feel pretty much the same as I always do. I'm not sentimental about games, nor do I rage against the setbacks that ALL of them seem to go through. Long ago I accepted that this style of video game would always be beset with technical difficulties. Knowing and accepting that, I don't get upset about it. Would I like to see some stuff fixed? Sure. Has it altered my fun at all enough to play something else? Not yet.

• JinSime
    JinSime Member Posts: 405

Yesterday I did the dailies and some more survivor matches in order to get the shards I needed for DS on my steam account. But I was fed up by my third match. I played the last 2 matches I needed for the shards like I was being punished for something. I never wanted so bad to turn a game off, but I also didn't want to buy Laurie on pc, so I pushed myself to do it.

I'm not doing any daily today and I'm not sure I'm gonna play it till the next patch. I wanted to do the dailies with at least a friend, mostly everyone I know dropped the game for now, so I went solo q. And not cool... it's unplayable right now, at least here

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328

It's terrible right now and I'm hoping the devs are spending day and night on fixing the game up.

• AndRaxius
    AndRaxius Member Posts: 45

As someone who's been playing since early 2018, I can safely say this is the worst state I've seen the game in.

• RepostRiposte
    RepostRiposte Member Posts: 793
    edited February 2021

I'll play for a week or so to grind out firecrackers then go back to playing CS:GO. Kinda bored of the game after slogging through so many boring challenges.

Rampant bugs, consistently unfinished updates, frankly terrible changes nobody asked for and still we don't have functional matchmaking.

• WiiFitTrainer
    WiiFitTrainer Member Posts: 788

2 steps forward, one step back.

On one hand it's great they're trying to modernize the game what with map reworks and new animations.

On the other hand, it's like they don't know what play testing is and release these buggy patches. And the worst part is it takes them WEEKS to attempt to fix even the most crucial stuff like this desybc issue.

Most companies would IMMEADIATELY begin working on a fix that so many players are complaining out. Instead bhvr just adds it to the "well get to it eventually" pile. It's honestly not professional at all to treat tbeir community like this.

• Botiz
    Botiz Member Posts: 483

Yeah, i've been playing since September 2018 when it came out for free on PS Plus and it's pretty close between the current update and The Twins release that are the worst state i've seen it in.

• thankuana
    thankuana Member Posts: 3

Honestly I understand what Behavior is trying to do as they are developing future ways they go about games and updates for them, and overall they are experimenting with content that could benefit in the long run, yet they seem to forget the most important thing you can do, which is communicate with the people who actively play the game.

This new chapter patch was probably one of the worst things they could have pushed out for 2021. This update will literally be seen as the worst update to Dead By Daylight, yet honestly I do believe they can come back from this update if they play their cards right and actually listen to their community for once. I do see potential in what they are trying to do, yet they need to do more research, fix their current bugs, and take in feedback and possible suggestions by players.

• Heathxr
    Heathxr Member Posts: 11

To be honest lately everything worked smoothly in my experience. Most thinks people complain about don't really happen to me. Yes, hitboxes are a little... Weird but it doesn't really seem exaggerated how it sounds like from a lot of other players. I still hope that the devs will do something for the people who do have a lot of problems with the game tho

• jakesotto
    jakesotto Member Posts: 201

The dsync has made the game very frustrating and unfun for me when playing survivor.

On a positive note I've been learning nurse and recently got my first 4k without add ons which was gratifying

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583

As someone that tends to ignore "game breaking" bugs like "Dwight's hair is messed up" or "One in 40 games has me fall through the floor", I have to say this whole Emblem debacle has made me not want to play Survivor AT ALL.

I have only played the last few days to do my Killer rituals, and that's it.

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731

The game was fine to me until that nuke got dropped on the game last week.

I was having fun playing and seemed devs were listening to the community about balancing certain perks, balancing moris and would eventually balance keys. Things were looking good including the new map reworks.

New movement is terrible, absolutely terrible, looks amateurish and people who say its realistic must live somewhere were imbreeding is a common thing, probably England. Only time ive seen someone running like that injured was Finch running to the bathroom in American Pie 1.

The huds bad but a few tweeks here or there and it'll be fine. Movement for me was the worst part of this update, not the hud.

Hits are shockingly bad at the moment but thats fixable, eventually.

Im a 40-50hr a week player and DBD has been my main game for 4 years, i havent touched it in a week. Im an experienced gamer and i know when my time is done in a game, last weeks nuke was it for me.

I will keep checking in to see if they roll back any changes but im not hopeful. Stubbornness is a disease. Remember devs, if you dont listen to your community one day you might not have one. If you had listened you could have saved alot of time and a community meltdown.

Have fun people and be nice to everyone, except Urban Evasion users.

HawkAyeTheNoo 2017-2021

• toukent
    toukent Member Posts: 88

The new matchmaking, animations, and hitboxes are definitely a downgrade.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,176

Don't play this game unless you are playing killer.

And yea, I think the current state of the game is horrible.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,822

I'm getting bummed out about the grind. I would like more frequent rewards for playing. I was sort of excited for the rift and the event, but neither were anything special, and I don't really feel like doing the challenges again. At this point, I'm grinding for shards so I can get cosmetics, but it takes so long that it hardly feels worth it.

The last week or so, I took a break and started playing Hades. Every time I play, I make meaningful progress toward unlocking the unlockables, even if I don't do very well. That's a lot more fun than trying to cycle through 30 matches of DBD so I can get a handful of rift shards for a skin I only sort of like.

• ClownIsUnderrated
    ClownIsUnderrated Member Posts: 1,031
    edited February 2021

The game is getting somewhat better, but is still far from perfect. And it's mainly to put on the devs, because their roadmap isn't working with their schedule of wanting a new chapter every three months. They don't put enough time into fixing core issues with the game, and PTB is literally used to show how many bugs to expect in the next chapter. Binding of Kin was one of the absolute worst chapters to have ever been released, and if I recall correctly there was over 100 bugs found by the community in that chapter. And we the community will make sure the devs never forget that either, because personally I think people's jobs at BHVR need to be looked at.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

If not for the desync issues and terriblt spread HUD, DbD would be in a pretty good spot.

• Tired of matches being either ridiculously easy curb stomps or totally impossible because of matchmaker.

I just want to have fun; but often it feels too one sided either in or against my favor.

• Skysair
    Skysair Member Posts: 88

The game was fun up to patch 4.5.0.

Movement is crap. HUD did not need to be changed. Desync needs to be fixed ASAP. Emblem system is completely broken for survivor.

The community has been asking for bugs to be fixed, not these stiff robotic-looking animations and mobile-looking HUD that we were given.

Please BHVR, I used to look forward to playing your game every day, but now... ugh.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059

Very negative. It's been nothing but back to back disappointments and controversy.

• killz4fun
    killz4fun Member Posts: 165

It's a salty but fun community..

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

The only thing I'm really hating right now is how the community acts about the dumbest things (not everyone but there's a lot) and the broken emblems. Other then that I think it's great.

• Dream_Whisper
    Dream_Whisper Member Posts: 747

The game started off for me as fun ans exciting over the years; especially with all the new content and some nice quality of life improvements..... but, I think the game is far from being perfect, considering the recent past few update and what Behavior has been doing with their game lately! They changing too much about the game, that it ruins the gaming experience for both my solo Survivor experience and more active killer main experience!

The devs really need to listen to the feedback and community, not relie on just statistics and their own experiences! The game is too fast pace for killer to not be able to 12 hook games, when Survivors can Genrush and relie on "Second Chance" meta perks to win! The game feels more Survivors sided, matchmaking is broken, and I am just simply done with trying to support the toxic community aspect (Cult of Behavior, Entilited Survivors Mains, etc.) or the greedy Devs!

What I truly want from this game, if they want to make me Change My Mind and make me want to play it and support it more is:

*FIX THE GAME (optimization issues, bugs, game breaking exploits)

*Balance Changes (Nerfing Meta Perks, while buffing the weaker to useless perks)

*Maps Changes, Not Pretty maps alone (I am still upset about the new Game)

• Thunderous_670
    Thunderous_670 Member Posts: 137

Now I'm a fairly new player, and recently became a killer main, and ever since I finally got Legion (Frank's my favorite character) I've been having a blast as killer (rank 18 to 9 in less than a week), although I will say that survivors do seem really toxic now, no worries, them tea-bagging, self-caring in front of me, and clicking just encourages me to hate them even more and play smarter (it's working a little too well)! Now with that being said, Legion; while being extremely fun for me, is still fundamentally flawed and I have suggestions to improve him, one of which includes a tier system like Myers but completely different in what it does. I look forward to growing as a player, and I love this game, but sometimes, the toxicness does get to me, and now I wish there was a 2 v 8 gamemode like really badly!

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,710

It is perfectly playable the way it currently is. For both sides. (Besides the Event which makes survs focus on gens even more and killers focusing on using Franklins so I don’t get as much event items.. thx for that.)

Desync/hitboxes are a problem, but it’s not like it’s never been worse before. It just reminded me that the introduction of server sided hit validation made many people forget what it was like with killer sided hit validation.

I am not a big fan of the new UI either. And the proposed change is even worse for me, I really hope there is a very good reason for why they insist on keeping survivors vertically. Overall it’s not as bad as People make it out to be though.

Animations seem too stiff but overall can be a way better base for further improvements.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

I still hate/love it the same as before, maybe a little better now. However, there is much work to be done.

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448
    edited February 2021

Some mistakes were made but already getting fixed or worked on. I wasn't sure about the UI but now i'm used to it i don't mind it that much.

the only issue left for me are hitboxes that are so inconsistent that as survivor you get hit from far away and has killer you have hit that don't connect.

There also seems to be lot of ping issues lately. At least when i play i'm on green ping but i can see other go up to 250ms and then acusing me of playing at Mcdonalds even tho i have a 400 mbits connection in sending and 900 in receiving...

• Freddy96
    Freddy96 Member Posts: 767

Feeling good since i am playing rust and i don't have to deal with the current game's state